PDA

View Full Version : 11/9/2017 Thursday Event

zwood
11-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Hey y'all, being this Friday is Veterans Day and most of our younger players will be out of school, as well as a few of us adults, I'd like to announce a get together event starting at 9:00 PM EST. This will just be a get together where we play and have fun. Do spread the word, and for those companies who'd like to attend post here, and if necessary we can decide on a chain of command, depending on who replies and what not.

Simple rules that I'd like to see followed that instead of fighting for the point we either gather on the far left or far right flanks, or in the open and we line battle it out, and actually try and have longer engagements. At the start of each map there will be a two minute dead period where, at least I hope, both sides take the two minutes to quickly organize ranks, lines, columns, and set out for the fight.

Yes, I know about the balancing problems, but I just want to see some of the core players and companies come together and just fight it out, get together, and have some fun.

Edit: I also should note that after the two minute mark I do not care where either side goes as long as everyone avoids the point. Lets try to throw in some tactics, some flanking, counterflanking and see how this plays out.

I suggest that we all gather in the CSA Drill Camp around 8:45 to figure out numbers, leadership, and answer any questions. I'll do my best to get several of the 38th boys to attend, and hopefully we can have a full server.

As I said I'd prefer that we do NOT play the point, but that will depend on how many randoms join, and if everyone follows the simple idea here. If not then we will just fight a blood bath over the point per usual.

Let me know what you think, and lets see if we can't get some people together for some fun.

EDIT: Date has been changed to tomorrow night, 11/10/2017. I have some things to handle with work and the family, so the event has been moved to tomorrow night, sorry for the inconvenience, but family first.

Rainbow_Flyer
11-07-2017, 11:13 PM
Ill Be There

~Regards Thomas H. Bates

i know i coulda told you via discord, but gota let everyone know i should have rally round the flag by then (I hope)

Redleader
11-07-2017, 11:52 PM
I'll try and make it (but I might be on family visit) ... anyway I hope the event will be a succes ;)

DrumThumpinMonkey
11-08-2017, 03:13 AM
You can expect some of the 14th Brooklyn Co B there.

Hienzman
11-08-2017, 02:31 PM
The brave men of Donaldsonville will be there.

zwood
11-08-2017, 02:46 PM
Outstanding folks! Is everyone okay with the idea of not playing the point? I know it is probably going to be a little difficult with randoms just popping in and not listening, but my theory is that both the Union and CSA can split into two/three different lines, flank either side of the point and just attempt to have a tactically designed battle, not focusing on capturing a point.

My initial thought it that at the start of the 3rd Map (if we get that far) that the officers for both sides meet at the point to quickly discuss their thoughts on the fighting, and if all parties are in agreeance we continue on. Does that sound alright to everyone?

Dev's you're invited too!

zwood
11-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Update, check the original post.

zwood
11-11-2017, 12:58 AM
I’ll be on in about forty minutes to see who shows up!

zwood
11-11-2017, 01:37 AM
Currently having computer issues folks.

Redleader
11-11-2017, 03:36 AM
Well we showed up :p (was about half filled on both sides)

zwood
11-11-2017, 05:23 AM
Yes I was there! ‘‘Twas fun for what it was!