PDA

View Full Version : War of Rights High Activity Group

Poorlaggedman
11-13-2017, 02:38 AM
What it does: Announces when a (battle) server has 32 or more players in a steam announcement.

What it doesn't do: Spam announcements. Post any other announcements.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WoRHAA

If you don't know your login info or you never use your browser to login to steam you can copy, paste, and send the url in steam message to anyone and it'll create a hyperlink that will open the group in your steam browser so you can easily click to join.

It should help move the server beyond the 45/80 threshold once it gets around 1000 active members. In the future hopefully it'll announce planned events that we know will happen.

Unfortunately steam made it so you can't invite non-steam friends in early August this year. Otherwise it would be simple to grow this. As it is you'll have to join manually and invite your steam friends who play WoR. I didn't know about the change when I started the group a couple weeks later so I let it sit for a bit.

If you want to be an announcer-poster and have any clout whatsoever or are a regular, mature player send me a pm with your steam account. Or comment in the group. I'll be regularly reviewing the group for any abuses (if you post multiple announcements and delete them I see that, too). I ran one of these before for another game with ~3000 members and it works well. It can become a crutch people rely on (only wanting to join a server when they see one!) but I don't think it's a risk until late in the game's lifespan.

Saris
11-13-2017, 02:42 AM
good idea, i joined!

Charles Caldwell
11-13-2017, 09:14 AM
Great initiative

Fubar
11-13-2017, 05:47 PM
I just hope you have active officers to make the posts

Bivoj
11-13-2017, 06:31 PM
Great idea! I am in!

FIGHT Black phoenix
11-13-2017, 07:20 PM
Thanks good one !

Kane Kaizer
11-14-2017, 12:34 PM
I joined. Really looking forward to the post-release days when there should be at least some active servers 24/7 and you can play literally whenever you feel like it, but for now groups like these will have to do. I'm constantly in the mood for playing but then the server list turns up a massive 0/80 wall.

Poorlaggedman
11-15-2017, 12:36 AM
I agree... it's disappointing that people aren't playing as much and I've yet to see anything over ~50. You would think Fri/Saturday/Sunday evenings would be a no brainer even with the time differences.

Saris
11-15-2017, 12:37 AM
I agree... it's disappointing that people aren't playing as much and I've yet to see anything over ~50. You would think Fri/Saturday/Sunday evenings would be a no brainer even with the time differences.

Times I notice that get around or over 50 is the event times 3 and 8 pm est on Saturdays and Sundays.

Kane Kaizer
11-16-2017, 01:08 PM
Just a thought, perhaps we could create a sort of companion group to this one? A "spontaneous" group for when the servers are empty and we could send out a mass invite to anyone who might idle and looking for something to do? Could be beneficial, since I'm almost always up for playing (unless at work or sleeping) but am also almost never on if the servers are already empty. And even if only like a dozen people jump on I'd still be up for it, and if we get over 32 players then this group could also send out an announcement. Just an idea to try to help keep servers a bit more active.

Poorlaggedman
11-22-2017, 03:48 AM
I've floated the idea of a sort of cheerleading group where you don't have people on and you try to get people on. The problem is that whose making the announcement and the clout they have really matters. So you get one guy as an officer who is not some amazing cheerleader who draws people in and every time you see an announcement you think "Who posted it?" The high activity concept is supposed to just be pure numbers. Another problem is when you don't deliver. You post an announcement for an event and it doesn't happen because you don't get enough players. When you don't deliver, people start ignoring your announcements. All the announcement is is a quick pop up on your computer screen. The power of the group is in numbers and clout.

Like I said this has gotten a lot harder now unfortunately due to steam's absurd new restrictions on inviting people to your group. If I was going to do something else and I had a regular work schedule I would make something like an "8PM EST WoR flash mob" group where every day an event popped up at 8pm to join the server for a round or two. Just an idea.

The best thing people can do is just network and make friends and congregate at servers around the same time on regular basis with other people who can play at that regular time.

I'm seeing a trend that I really don't like with clans (companies) right now in that they are tending to drill and then scatter. I saw this happen in my last fledgling community a lot. The servers would be utterly dead and you'd see a locked one with 25/32 guys in it and when it was finally unlocked and closed the guys scattered... 1-4 guys would stay for a while and usually none of them were even trusted with admin abilities. So the clans actually did as much to hurt the community as anything. They drilled or did exclusive events among themselves and did little-to-nothing to support the community except pop in on servers to recruit. People who were regulars or newcomers would disappear and become an exclusively locked server guys. Public servers being empty is a horrible way to foster growth for a game. And you need to grow to survive as a community. The companies need to set aside the future and focus on the present. Drilling is great but you need to have your guys put mandatory time in the server. It's the best way to train.

I always wanted to have a good stat tracker on my server and force guys to log two hours in the server a week with exceptions taken for leave so many times when planned. The sad fact is that some people start coming around only for drills. I'm seeing 29 guys of one organization drilling in a server then 15 playing on a battle server. It's kind of disconcerting. The game is actually fun to play now at times and yet there aren't people on at set times. More organizations need to start showing up or they can't claim to really have been around during the Alpha if they haven't really been around. You've got to put in time and take pride in having your guys testing and putting in bug reports and seeing what works and what doesn't.

These are the heroes. These are the guys who are putting in the time to get something going. It has to start somewhere. If all you do is wait and wait then you're not being a leader or an example you're just taking from the work other guys have put in to get something going. I spent many an hour sitting alone on my server so that when players logged on they came to mine first. There's work to be done even in a video game sometimes

Saris
11-22-2017, 05:01 AM
This group will be helpful in the future but until we get more content in the game don't expect many players on. There is nothing to do besides either drill, defend or attack. Many groups have agreed once more content is released to play the game.

Bivoj
11-23-2017, 07:06 PM
I would play the game as is. I consider it fun, but the servers are empty:(

Poorlaggedman
11-24-2017, 04:30 PM
I agree... I'm confused as to the lack of activity. Whether we're just 'testers' as some claim or paid-early-access-ers it is confusing especially since the game can be fun as is. I'm wondering what percentage of players have been in the game with the new updates with formation and skirmish modes. TBH the communication is not excellent from the developers. You can't rely on people coming and being engaged on the forums. How many are there active on the forums? A hundred? Two or three hundred checking it out? And who reads through the patch thread to sift through everyone's responses and find some legit news? Steam is not a great way to put the information out there either. I check my e-mail all the time, as 90s-ish as it is I think WoR should announce big updates on e-mail.

I see it just as a cycle of "nobody else is playing, so I'm not." People make attempts to run events on, like, a Sunday night but that doesn't work for everyone. And then people become dependent on the 'events' basically losing all hope of anything getting going at other times.

I don't think it's a long-term issue but it doesn't help to get a fraction of the testing done that you could be.

TrustyJam
11-24-2017, 04:39 PM
I agree... I'm confused as to the lack of activity. Whether we're just 'testers' as some claim or paid-early-access-ers it is confusing especially since the game can be fun as is. I'm wondering what percentage of players have been in the game with the new updates with formation and skirmish modes. TBH the communication is not excellent from the developers. You can't rely on people coming and being engaged on the forums. How many are there active on the forums? A hundred? Two or three hundred checking it out? And who reads through the patch thread to sift through everyone's responses and find some legit news? Steam is not a great way to put the information out there either. I check my e-mail all the time, as 90s-ish as it is I think WoR should announce big updates on e-mail.

I see it just as a cycle of "nobody else is playing, so I'm not." People make attempts to run events on, like, a Sunday night but that doesn't work for everyone. And then people become dependent on the 'events' basically losing all hope of anything getting going at other times.

I don't think it's a long-term issue but it doesn't help to get a fraction of the testing done that you could be.

Thank you for the feedback! :)

I'd be interested to hear what makes you state we're not great at communicating and your suggestions as how to fix it.

We do plan on sending out emails with news.

- Trusty

Profender
11-24-2017, 04:51 PM
Thank you for the feedback! :)

I'd be interested to hear what makes you state we're not great at communicating and your suggestions as how to fix it.

We do plan on sending out emails with news.

- Trusty

I do think you communicate pretty well. You are all quick to reply here and on steam.
What I am missing is a road map and knowing what you all are working on next. I would love to see the different steps in your development process without a timeline which will just give you headaches where people are fixated on the dates rather then the content I would suggest a road map to keep people interested. Let's them see where you stand now and what is up next.

This is the phase to test the game but some people just find out after they pledged that testing a game is not there cup of tea. I am guessing that explains the loss of people on the server. Other then that I guess a lot of people are waiting for the ability to spawn in with there companies instead of the mixed skirmish maps.

TrustyJam
11-24-2017, 05:30 PM
I do think you communicate pretty well. You are all quick to reply here and on steam.
What I am missing is a road map and knowing what you all are working on next. I would love to see the different steps in your development process without a timeline which will just give you headaches where people are fixated on the dates rather then the content I would suggest a road map to keep people interested. Let's them see where you stand now and what is up next.

This is the phase to test the game but some people just find out after they pledged that testing a game is not there cup of tea. I am guessing that explains the loss of people on the server. Other then that I guess a lot of people are waiting for the ability to spawn in with there companies instead of the mixed skirmish maps.

I think we've been fairly open about our current main focus being the engine upgrade as well as what is coming with it (see the in development section of the forum). Next up after that in the form of game changing systems is the flag bearer spawn system.

Things we always work on: bug fixes, optimization (server & client side), new/improved animations, new/improved skirmish areas, new 3D assets (weapons, characters, vegetation, props, etc).

We're not massive fans of roadmaps as we don't really work after them internally - at least not structured ones. I couldn't tell you what our 3D Artist Pat is to work on in three months time for instance, but I do know he'll be working. We are, probably, every normal project leads nightmare. This is what works for us, however, and we do not intend to change our work methods. Sure, I could give you all a list of features and content we'd like to have in the final release but chances are most things would be radically changed or replaced with something else based on feedback during our testing phases so it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. In the end it would be little else than a description of our vision.

In regards of being able to spawn in with your company (I suspect you refer to the future integration of the company tool in specific servers) that is not anywhere close to being a thing yet. You'll be seeing the ability to host your own server and lock it far before that. :)

- Trusty

Profender
11-24-2017, 05:44 PM
I think we've been fairly open about our current main focus being the engine upgrade as well as what is coming with it (see the in development section of the forum). Next up after that in the form of game changing systems is the flag bearer spawn system.

Things we always work on: bug fixes, optimization (server & client side), new/improved animations, new/improved skirmish areas, new 3D assets (weapons, characters, vegetation, props, etc).

We're not massive fans of roadmaps as we don't really work after them internally - at least not structured ones. I couldn't tell you what our 3D Artist Pat is to work on in three months time for instance, but I do know he'll be working. We are, probably, every normal project leads nightmare. This is what works for us, however, and we do not intend to change our work methods. Sure, I could give you all a list of features and content we'd like to have in the final release but chances are most things would be radically changed or replaced with something else based on feedback during our testing phases so it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. In the end it would be little else than a description of our vision.

In regards of being able to spawn in with your company (I suspect you refer to the future integration of the company tool in specific servers) that is not anywhere close to being a thing yet. You'll be seeing the ability to host your own server and lock it far before that. :)

- Trusty

Thanks for the reply and keep up the good work guys.

Can we expect a winter drill camp like last year by the way?

TrustyJam
11-24-2017, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the reply and keep up the good work guys.

Can we expect a winter drill camp like last year by the way?

Maybe. We have other priorities at the moment though.

- Trusty

Poorlaggedman
11-24-2017, 06:46 PM
I'm talking about the people who don't check the forum. This game has 4,000 backers of Captain or greater who have Alpha access. 'Waiting for new content' doesn't keep 3950 players from joining the servers 6/7 days a week. You're never even going to get a 1/10th of your backers in the servers at the same time but the player engagement is still strikingly low considering the playability

TrustyJam
11-24-2017, 07:16 PM
I'm talking about the people who don't check the forum. This game has 4,000 backers of Captain or greater who have Alpha access. 'Waiting for new content' doesn't keep 3950 players from joining the servers 6/7 days a week. You're never even going to get a 1/10th of your backers in the servers at the same time but the player engagement is still strikingly low considering the playability

While certainly playable the amount of crashes and other issues will get to anyone eventually if exposed to it for long enough periods. If all goes as planned the engine upgrade should result in a more stable game (seasoned with lovely new bugs to sort out). A dropping player engagement is quite normal in instances where as early alphas as ours are being tested by backers.

I'd be interested in hearing from the "waiting for new content" crowd as to what exactly they are waiting for. It can't be new game systems (like the formation buff systems) nor can it be new units or skirmish areas - cavalry or artillery perhaps? They are going to be waiting for a long while if that's the case. :)

- Trusty

Poorlaggedman
11-24-2017, 11:15 PM
That's just a standard line I keep hearing. I'm just here, like... brah, it's Friday night - I have a life but I'd rather have no life and be sitting here playing WoR with a bunch of people who have no lives--but there's 1/80 on a server. 80. Eighty possible players. But that 80 has to start somewhere. Need to start handing out medals to these 1/80 heroes trying to get something going.

Edit: Yeah... the crashes are killer. At least they aren't constant for me.

Bivoj
11-25-2017, 10:25 AM
Better marketing, something encouraging players to play would definitely help. People are not playing, because people are not playing - we have to break this circle somehow. This High Activity Group is a nice idea, but I have not received a single notification yet... Something more like this should be introduced.

Maybe some ideas:
motivating clans (companies) publicly announcing open skirmish play by rewards for these companies (achievement based medals added to company tool? nad to individual soldiers? specific uniform made for the most active company doing this?)
publicly announced open testing with the dev team (or dev team and some friendly company)
announcing big patches in advance (next week we will introduce...) and encouraging players to test it after the big release

TheRegulator
11-25-2017, 12:29 PM
While certainly playable the amount of crashes and other issues will get to anyone eventually if exposed to it for long enough periods. If all goes as planned the engine upgrade should result in a more stable game (seasoned with lovely new bugs to sort out). A dropping player engagement is quite normal in instances where as early alphas as ours are being tested by backers.

I'd be interested in hearing from the "waiting for new content" crowd as to what exactly they are waiting for. It can't be new game systems (like the formation buff systems) nor can it be new units or skirmish areas - cavalry or artillery perhaps? They are going to be waiting for a long while if that's the case. :)

- Trusty

I am wating for qualified officers ... And flag spawn.

The level of command is so poor, its fustrating.
Flag spawn seems obvious, no more running 3 miles to catch up with the Company, when you die.

Profender
11-25-2017, 01:01 PM
I am wating for qualified officers ... And flag spawn.

Flag spawn seems obvious, no more running 3 miles to catch up with the Company, when you die.

Qualified officers you should find in your company or train together to get such a level.
It is like waiting until you get rich not going to happen.

Second part the flag spawn will indeed be a improvement. Waiting for that indeed

TheRegulator
11-25-2017, 01:18 PM
Qualified officers you should find in your company or train together to get such a level.
It is like waiting until you get rich not going to happen.

I dont agree .... Any trained Pvt are able to follow orders. Just like any army where you can be transfered into diffrent Companies, as needed.
If the Pvt and officers knows thier drills, then you can serve anywhere, same rules, same way of conducting movements. You shut be able to fit in anywhere.

As a mature player (59) I expect order and disiplin. Firm leadership and intelligent movement based on the tatical situation, and the map. This is not present currently !

And ... I am filthy rich. :cool:

Profender
11-25-2017, 01:37 PM
I dont agree .... Any trained Pvt are able to follow orders. Just like any army where you can be transfered into diffrent Companies, as needed.
If the Pvt and officers knows thier drills, then you can serve anywhere, same rules, same way of conducting movements. You shut be able to fit in anywhere.

As a mature player (59) I expect order and disiplin. Firm leadership and intelligent movement based on the tatical situation, and the map. This is not present currently !

No need to agree. You keep waiting and expecting for that to happen wish you all the best with that sort of tactic.

Timo420
11-25-2017, 02:41 PM

And ... I am filthy rich. :cool:

Well not really as this isn't axectly and army and all companies resemble more of a militia as we all try as be like the army eah unit has different rules and ways of dealing with things. Even the units that follow handbooks and stuff like that, as there are alot of military handbooks. And as most people who play this game that aren't in a unit are mostly -18 tend to tell you to "fuck of and die" if you try and force any authority upon them as they never served in a military or just weren't beaten enough as a kid wich in turn makes it hard even for good officers to do anything with them as they do their own thing really no matter what and have a great talent fur undermining an officers authority as they start shouting their own order in line causing even more disorganisation.

jwhal
11-25-2017, 03:08 PM
The low turnout on the servers is the fault of the community. There is to much adversity and divide amongst it. Maybe it's the nature of the game North vs South not your location but your affiliation. There needs to be more cooperation and understanding between the sides. All the infighting on these forums makes most loose interest. Might be something some might consider before they post.

TheRegulator
11-25-2017, 04:16 PM
The low turnout on the servers is the fault of the community. There is to much adversity and divide amongst it. Maybe it's the nature of the game North vs South not your location but your affiliation. There needs to be more cooperation and understanding between the sides. All the infighting on these forums makes most loose interest. Might be something some might consider before they post.

There is no infight .... I replyed to a question.

Leifr
11-25-2017, 06:11 PM

???

Profender
11-25-2017, 06:40 PM
There is no infight .... I replyed to a question.

Same here no in-fight did not know people would see it as such. Just different opinions and views

jwhal
11-25-2017, 07:03 PM
That was for a different thread not sure why it posted here.

Poorlaggedman
11-27-2017, 12:46 AM

Yeah... I've seen very little in the way of effective leadership. Once or twice I was impressed. It is a serious deterrent for me as well, though I'll usually show up. For the most part the strategy is always the same on the Union side...

1. Form up in a single file line.
2. "At the double quick... forward march"
3. *Never look back to let the formation stay even remotely together.
4. Never scout or have scouts or deploy skirmishers on the flanks or the line of advance. To do so would be to cede your power in some fashion.
5. March in a single file line until you are under fire. Do a left or right face and order firing by volleys.
6. Never call out your targets, the direction you should be firing, or the range. Just assume everyone can see the enemy.
7. Never order a retreat or arrange for a rallying point for respawnees.
8. Never sustain the fight. Either get obliterated on the firing line or order a futile charge, preferably with unloaded muskets.
9. Don't coordinate with other formations, certainly not in the game chat.

I think it's useful to show up and see what's going on and figure out what works. There's no benefit to getting wiped out. Your last men down are 'out of line' casualties and it's far more important to remain a threat in some fashion by keeping up whatever level of fire or threat as you can. That's why the charges are so frustrating, to see a legitimate force get obliterated for no real gain time and time again. Would be better to advance at the quicktime, especially as the smoke builds up. That way you keep a better formation and can halt the advance faster. My respect dwindles quickly when a charge is taken as anything less than the finishing move. Seems like common sense to me but it's not common practice. And people aren't learning.

rebeldestroyer
11-27-2017, 01:54 AM
The level of command is so poor, its frustrating.

Couldn't agree more. The Union's strategies on the Bloody Lane map today during the 80 player EU event went against all logic. Tactics such as the classic "fire inaccurate m1842s at an ineffective range and charge with unloaded guns knowing full well the rebs are waiting with a devastating volley", and the oh so popular "trying to put your men into parade order while the enemy is shooting at you causing 1/4 of them to die." as Poorlaggedman said it would also be worthwhile for at least a shadow of a plan to be made before forming a single file and rushing the point. There need to be adjustments in tactics made by everyone to compensate for the new ticket system like staying close together when charging and actually retreating once in a while.

Kane Kaizer
11-27-2017, 01:50 PM
Couldn't agree more. The Union's strategies on the Bloody Lane map today during the 80 player EU event went against all logic. Tactics such as the classic "fire inaccurate m1842s at an ineffective range and charge with unloaded guns knowing full well the rebs are waiting with a devastating volley", and the oh so popular "trying to put your men into parade order while the enemy is shooting at you causing 1/4 of them to die." as Poorlaggedman said it would also be worthwhile for at least a shadow of a plan to be made before forming a single file and rushing the point. There need to be adjustments in tactics made by everyone to compensate for the new ticket system like staying close together when charging and actually retreating once in a while.

It was pretty bad. One of my biggest problems with our tactics is when we don't utilize the right flank correctly at the Sunken Road. We don't stay 100% out of sight behind the hills when moving in that direction so that the rebs can easily spot us and adjust their lines, and sometimes (like yesterday) we stop and waste precious seconds forming up a perfect pretty line that officers love before firing a volley, most of which smacks into the fence doing no damage, and then charging into loaded musketry without anything in our guns to use once we get close enough (except for me, as I refused to participate in that volley and killed an enemy upon reaching the fence as a result). I don't understand why it's so difficult for Union officers to realize that we should be using the fence as well so that we can at least inflict roughly equal casualties on the enemy instead of losing 3 men for every 1 enemy killed with those idiotic tactics. Not to mention the obsession with firing volleys in the center endlessly inflicting negligible casualties, even when the commander of your other force is requesting a charge. After this many months, you'd think our officers would start realizing these things.

Dutchconfederate
11-27-2017, 03:28 PM
It was pretty bad. One of my biggest problems with our tactics is when we don't utilize the right flank correctly at the Sunken Road. We don't stay 100% out of sight behind the hills when moving in that direction so that the rebs can easily spot us and adjust their lines, and sometimes (like yesterday) we stop and waste precious seconds forming up a perfect pretty line that officers love before firing a volley, most of which smacks into the fence doing no damage, and then charging into loaded musketry without anything in our guns to use once we get close enough (except for me, as I refused to participate in that volley and killed an enemy upon reaching the fence as a result). I don't understand why it's so difficult for Union officers to realize that we should be using the fence as well so that we can at least inflict roughly equal casualties on the enemy instead of losing 3 men for every 1 enemy killed with those idiotic tactics. Not to mention the obsession with firing volleys in the center endlessly inflicting negligible casualties, even when the commander of your other force is requesting a charge. After this many months, you'd think our officers would start realizing these things.

I agree 100%.
Should be more flanking and using the terrain instead of marching sometimes running straight to the point in the open without any plan other than the volley

John Cooley
11-27-2017, 05:07 PM
There is a reason Pickett's Charge was presented to us, in OCS, as a thing to NOT do and the reason there was a major shift in Army Tactics.
The Maryland Campaign was WELL before the Lesson of that fateful day so perhaps these Union officers are simply trying to be "Historical"?

John Jones
11-27-2017, 06:33 PM

Mind you, if it was the same Sunken Lane battle that I was at fighting for the CSA, the Union still won. Have to say there was a bit of dismay on our side that despite the thumping we appeared to be giving you (and I agree the Union tactics appeared a bit basic) CSA still lost on tickets. It was close but we thought we had done just enough.

Kane Kaizer
11-27-2017, 07:02 PM
Mind you, if it was the same Sunken Lane battle that I was at fighting for the CSA, the Union still won. Have to say there was a bit of dismay on our side that despite the thumping we appeared to be giving you (and I agree the Union tactics appeared a bit basic) CSA still lost on tickets. It was close but we thought we had done just enough.

I'm not sure how the morale percentages currently differ from the previous ticket counts (250 USA, 125 CSA) on that map, but I'm pretty sure that another failed attack would have been enough to finish us off with how high our losses were. (By the way, there wasn't much gloating on our end afterward despite winning, although I was happy to have claimed the final kill of the match) Personally, I'd be pretty happy if we had some more (and better) defensive maps of our own to where we could inflict significantly heavier losses even if we lose in the end. It's not exactly something that Union players get to experience often. :p

TrustyJam
11-27-2017, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure how the morale percentages currently differ from the previous ticket counts (250 USA, 125 CSA) on that map, but I'm pretty sure that another failed attack would have been enough to finish us off with how high our losses were. (By the way, there wasn't much gloating on our end afterward despite winning, although I was happy to have claimed the final kill of the match) Personally, I'd be pretty happy if we had some more (and better) defensive maps of our own to where we could inflict significantly heavier losses even if we lose in the end. It's not exactly something that Union players get to experience often. :p

The percentages are currently identical to what they were before the conversion to morale.

You'll be plenty on the defensive in Harper's Ferry. :P

- Trusty

Kane Kaizer
11-27-2017, 07:23 PM
The percentages are currently identical to what they were before the conversion to morale.

You'll be plenty on the defensive in Harper's Ferry. :P

- Trusty

Just as long as we have a different commanding officer. ;)

Poorlaggedman
11-28-2017, 02:29 AM
You can see the battle from the confederate side on Cody's last video, previewing with one of the futile charges. And you can see the effect of the smoothbore volleys. There is some suppressive effect. And the general lack of coordination in the offense. Also a preview of what to expect from the colorbearers, who'll rambo or fraternize and be a major point of trolling and lose their flags by enemy lines even if they are autokilled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyUK6V2Iek0

rebeldestroyer
11-28-2017, 02:59 AM
Also a preview of what to expect from the colorbearers, who'll rambo or fraternize and be a major point of trolling and lose their flags by enemy lines even if they are autokilled.

Nah, I think the color bearers do that because currently, they serve no purpose other than looking nice. When flag spawns are implemented I think people will take the role much more seriously, or at least I hope they will.

Poorlaggedman
11-28-2017, 03:40 AM
You know what. You're right. Trolls won't pick the flag bearer because it's too important of a class.

McMuffin
11-28-2017, 07:31 PM
Nah, I think the color bearers do that because currently, they serve no purpose other than looking nice. When flag spawns are implemented I think people will take the role much more seriously, or at least I hope they will.

You may be right, but, most people who go flag bearer with the intent to troll don't care what it does. They'll go it regardless of what it does and blast music or yell obnoxiously or die purposefully, trolls will make a strong effort to do it even more when the role is more important to piss people off.

Poorlaggedman
11-29-2017, 01:33 AM
I know, I was being sarcastic

McMuffin
11-29-2017, 01:37 AM
I know, I was being sarcastic

I know you were being sarcastic, I was replying to rebeldestroyer

Poorlaggedman
01-15-2018, 04:49 AM
In celebration of 100 members we'll be giving away a $25 steam gift card on Feb 14th and also on March 14th in separate drawings. Anyone in the group on those dates will be eligible to win. The winner will be selected at random by a number generator and depending on his position in the group list at that time.

Group officers to post high activity announcements are needed, as always.

In order to claim the prize you have to enter a War of Rights server or otherwise prove you own War of Rights in your steam library.

Saris
10-14-2018, 09:47 PM
Bump because this is a useful group to join