PDA

View Full Version : Daily Skirmishes

Constantine
11-23-2017, 06:09 PM
I am looking for 1 or more ppl interested in at least skirmishing for a bit of practice, i log onto skirmish everyday after work and no ones on, sick of having to wait to weekends to play with ppl. Id be ok with some 1v1 skirmishing, at least something. I am CSA through and through so looking for a union player to do a bit of 1v1 action and maybe if we get more, could turn into something bigger. Let me know.

HellHound01
11-24-2017, 02:11 AM
Hey, I'd be interested. No so much it 1v1, but I'll take what I can get for the weekdays. If nothing else it would allow me to be able to familiarize myself with the quarks of combat in this game (something I feel I just can't do running around an empty map by myself). What I'd like to do is try and find 10 or so people interested in small relaxed weekday games after work/school.

Tapiocaphobe
11-24-2017, 01:39 PM
I'm also up for playing afternoon on weekdays, even if it's small.

HellHound01
11-24-2017, 07:46 PM
Nice, I'm thinking around 3pm or so Pacific time, so that is 5pm for Eastern Time.

What timezones people live in, will really determine when we start these games.

Constantine
11-25-2017, 07:33 AM
i live in central

Kane Kaizer
11-25-2017, 09:41 AM
I'm constantly checking that dang list for players. :P I live in Central Standard Time (GMT -6) and any time after 1pm would work for me. I tend to idle a lot (usually NA 1) hoping that others will hop on when they see somebody in a skirmish server.

HellHound01
11-25-2017, 02:20 PM
I live in Pacific time.

I could do 1 PM central, that would be 3pm pacific and 5pm eastern.

Timo420
11-25-2017, 02:47 PM
Well it seems to be your lucky day gentlemen as today at 9pm gmt+1 or 3pm est there is a public event.

HellHound01
11-25-2017, 04:41 PM
Cool, I'll be there for it, would still like to get some game time during the week tho.

Lightfoot
11-25-2017, 08:22 PM
4 PM Central works for me. I'll start checking to see if anyone is on.

Kane Kaizer
11-27-2017, 02:13 PM
4pm would only give me about an hour to play on most days, but it's better than nothing. I really want to see some daily skirmishing going on instead of having to wait until the weekends. I'll probably be on a bit before 4pm just in case anyone is able to play earlier while we wait on everyone else to show up. We should check with our Steam friends as well to see if more will be interested who don't visit the forums. As long as the daily skirmishing "event" is at a single set time then I think it'll be easy to organize something.

Kane Kaizer
11-29-2017, 11:26 AM
Since 4pm works best for us NA players, I would recommend that EU players could do their skirmishes an hour or two earlier (and stick around if they feel like it). I'm hoping we can get the ball rolling on this soon, since I tend to show up and watch as the occasional player joins and then leaves 30 seconds later, as if they're surprised that only one other person is in the server when it clearly said 1/80 when they joined it.

dmurray6
11-29-2017, 08:55 PM
Nice, I'm thinking around 3pm or so Pacific time, so that is 5pm for Eastern Time.

What timezones people live in, will really determine when we start these games.

3pm PT is actually 6pm ET, and I'd be interested more so after the family goes to bed, which would be between 9pm-10pm. So if 6pm-7pm worked for you Pacific time players, I'd be willing to log on most week days for a little while.

McMuffin
11-30-2017, 03:08 PM
I will make an effort to see if I can hop on also, I'm online and free generally past 6-7:30PM EST. And also guys, do not be afraid of hoping on a server and staying there for a few minutes because hopefully someone else will understand that the more join, the higher the chance others joining etc. Just make sure it is a skirmish server and not a drill server, no one really gets on drill servers if there's 3-5 people.

dmurray6
11-30-2017, 09:24 PM
I will make an effort to see if I can hop on also, I'm online and free generally past 6-7:30PM EST. And also guys, do not be afraid of hoping on a server and staying there for a few minutes because hopefully someone else will understand that the more join, the higher the chance others joining etc. Just make sure it is a skirmish server and not a drill server, no one really gets on drill servers if there's 3-5 people.

Actually, McMuffin, it would probably be useful if we used the drill camp to form a consolidated party that could then move to an agreed upon skirmish server. Might provide for a better way of consolidating random would-be loggers-on??? Never know until we try. We just have to come to the realization that we need to break away from our normal faction and just login to whatever drill camp is accumulating people.

McMuffin
11-30-2017, 11:32 PM
That is true, but, we should first meet on the skirmish server then go to the drill to organize. But I get what you mean

Poorlaggedman
12-01-2017, 04:34 AM
I'm an 8pm guy myself since that's after I get off work. That's when I usually check if I'm not out of town. It'd be cool if people agreed on general times to come on. It isn't good enough to check the servers. Someone has to be the hero and go on first, then second, third, etc..

McMuffin
12-01-2017, 04:50 AM
I'm an 8pm guy myself since that's after I get off work. That's when I usually check if I'm not out of town. It'd be cool if people agreed on general times to come on. It isn't good enough to check the servers. Someone has to be the hero and go on first, then second, third, etc..

If enough people have that mindset of, if I join, more will join, servers could gain 20 or so people maybe and that’s not bad to fight ten or so people.

Kane Kaizer
12-01-2017, 09:10 AM

I'm often first, but second and third usually disappear very quickly. I don't mind hanging around in an empty server while watching YouTube videos on my phone for a little while, but not many others seem to have much in the way of patience. They were clearly interested in the fact that somebody was actually on, and then lost it quickly.

McMuffin
12-02-2017, 02:21 AM
I think it worked pretty well, I saw some people from this thread I think in the game and the attitude of "if you come, more will come" definitely worked and I think we climbed up to 20 people because of that. It works!

A. P. Hill
12-02-2017, 03:45 AM
I check in on the servers every day. :)

Kane Kaizer
12-02-2017, 08:12 AM
I think it worked pretty well, I saw some people from this thread I think in the game and the attitude of "if you come, more will come" definitely worked and I think we climbed up to 20 people because of that. It works!

It was well before the actual agreed upon time, could have just been a coincidence. It was still a lot of fun for the most part.

Mercanto
12-26-2017, 07:18 AM
Are there any upcoming skirmishes planned before the New Year? I'm hankering to put down some Secesh ;)

sal_tuskin
12-26-2017, 04:29 PM
probably not till the week after the first of the yr the 2nd corps is taking the holidays off and that is a good bit of the csa so unless other form up and most didnt this weekend so i doubt next weekend will be any different
maybe the dev could host an event over new years would be good pr and help the community some but we will have to see usually its the companies doing it and most are either gone for the holidays, burnt out some or other reasons

but after the first of the yr most of 2nd corps will be back at it

Kane Kaizer
12-27-2017, 04:50 PM
Average player activity has actually increased this month for the first time since skirmishes released back in May, and I've noticed it myself just by checking in frequently.

http://steamcharts.com/app/424030

I wonder if it's because of the engine update? That's the only thing that really changed this month, I think. And I've noticed a significant decrease in crashes on my end with the new update, so maybe that enticed some players to return? Or have we gotten a surge in brand new players, I wonder? In any case, I'm very happy to see at least a few players on whenever I check, and sometimes even a few dozen. :D

Redleader
12-27-2017, 10:20 PM
Average player activity has actually increased this month for the first time since skirmishes released back in May, and I've noticed it myself just by checking in frequently.

The people who 'buy' the game have been slowly growing (8500+), I don't actually know how many pledges 'Captain or above'.
But I have been seeing new soldiers making it to the fields of battle lately :) (yes and the recruiters are like flies on honey :p)