PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Community Events (4pm EST/ 8PM EST)

PAIOLETTI
11-25-2017, 07:00 PM
http://www.scvtuscaloosa.org/6thla/events.png

WAR OF RIGHTS COMMUNITY,

Please join us each Sunday at 4 PM EST and 8 PM EST, and each Monday at 8 PM EST for 150-man battles! Our Sunday and Monday events have been extraordinarily successful in terms of building unit cohesion, company recruiting, and, most importantly, providing an amazing gaming experience. We appreciate the participation of the individuals, companies, organized corps, and the cooperation of the Campfire Games devs, that make these events so incredible to be a part of. We are also very grateful for the members of our community who record and stream these events. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our Sunday and Monday events, please do not hesitate to add me on Steam.

-Major General Paioletti

Shiloh
11-25-2017, 08:12 PM
Regarding today though, I thought there was an event at 3:00 EST but there is no one on the servers.

*Edit: I've searched more and although someone posted it was today in another thread, it appears as though the skirmish day is Sunday.

PAIOLETTI
11-25-2017, 09:26 PM
This is great thank you and I will add you on Steam. Rewarding today though, I thought there was an event at 3:00 EST but there is no one on the servers.

*Edit: I've searched more and although someone posted it was today in another thread, it appears as though the skirmish day is Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing you there. There used to be a Saturday EU event but it died out. However there is a Saturday NA event at 8pm EST.

Shiloh
11-25-2017, 09:51 PM
Looking forward to seeing you there. There used to be a Saturday EU event but it died out. However there is a Saturday NA event at 8pm EST.

I'm EST NA so maybe I'll check that one out tonight. Thanks for the info. and I look forward to seeing your group out there as well.

Timo420
11-26-2017, 01:17 AM
Their actually was an event today at 3pm, there where 50 people on.

PAIOLETTI
11-26-2017, 01:46 AM
I'm EST NA so maybe I'll check that one out tonight. Thanks for the info. and I look forward to seeing your group out there as well.

Right on, we are the same timezone...i wont be on for the saturday night event due to work but, ill catch you Sunday. And apologies to Timo i was under the impression that the Saturday EY events weren't happening any more...thats fantastic, 50 ppl!

Shiloh
11-26-2017, 05:03 AM

I logged on three different times between 3-4 EST and all servers were empty. Maybe that server wasn't showing up for me for some reason?

TrustyJam
11-26-2017, 05:40 AM
I logged on three different times between 3-4 EST and all servers were empty. Maybe that server wasn't showing up for me for some reason?

There is a bug where a few servers won't be listed in the server browser. simply leave it and reenter it again to fix it.

- Trusty

Shiloh
11-26-2017, 05:16 PM
There is a bug where a few servers won't be listed in the server browser. simply leave it and reenter it again to fix it.

- Trusty

Thanks Trusty... this one had me scratching my head.

zwood
11-26-2017, 05:19 PM
The 38th will do our best to give a good showing sir.

PAIOLETTI
11-26-2017, 05:53 PM
The 38th will do our best to give a good showing sir.

Very good sir, yes i have reached out to Maj Rawlings and Cpt. Cooper. Looking forward to fighting along side the 38th NC again. Solid companies, and ones that used to always be active for the 8pm NA event. I am still waiting on word back from Cpt. Ross but, my 6th LA always would take on the 95th NY for the 4pm EU event....yall are welcome to the EU event as well! Thanks for showing interest in the Community Events!

zwood
11-26-2017, 11:07 PM
Well done on the 4PM event, I'd say for the most part both sides fought like hell, and were even courteous to prisoners. I'd personally like to say the 95th NY has some very fine, friendly officers. I even traded some tobacco for coffee with Lt. Mack. It was certainly a blood lust, and it was great seeing so many people on, well done folks!

McMuffin
11-26-2017, 11:33 PM
Event was a lot of fun, but, there were a bit too many bayonet charges. However, I think those were near the end of it when people were starting to mess around a bit.

PAIOLETTI
11-27-2017, 12:06 AM
Thanks so much for attending the EU event at 4pm guys. Was an amazing event! Hard fought battles and a ton off fun! Special thankyou to all the companies that came out, Cpt Ross's 95th NY, Cpt. Cooper's 38th NC, Timo's 6th AL,also saw a few 1st TX boys, 1st MN and a few others, including My 6th Louisiana Tigers and my friend FUBAR 1st GA representing II Corps. Great teamwork by everyone and its so great to finally be back in action with yall. Also special thanks to Trusty for coming out as well!

Up next is the 8pm EST Sunday NA Community Event. Obviously my II Corps will be there but also in attendance will be the 51st NY, 38th NC and several others....all are welcome to join! I will be mustering the boys in the drill camp untill 8pm which we will then choose a server and hop on.

PAIOLETTI
11-27-2017, 02:49 PM
Great job everyone for coming out to the Sunday EU & NA Events! There was some really solid teamwork on both sides, and it made for a few really great battles. Sorry for the short notice to everyone I only got my pc back 2 days ago and tried to get the Sunday events happening again on short notice. I am really surprised how many people turned up, thank you to all who came out and represented the CSA or Union. I can promise you all as the Sunday EU & NA Event Organizer that these events will be weekly as they previously were before my absence and I will be working hard to make these Sunday night events a major success. Anyone is free to add me on Steam to find out info about the events (not just sunday) or if your company is interested in joining the events and you would like to be made a point of contact, I will use you to inform your unit as to the times and dates of events. However As previously stated the Sunday EU & NA Events will be held every week and I look forward to seeing you all on the field.

Video from the EU & NA Event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X9yHPDmncI
(Sgt Ghosthost, 6th LA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyUK6V2Iek0
(2nd Lt. Cody, 1st GA)
....Thanks for coming out and recording the events, both of these guys have some really great channels and material

Bravescot
11-27-2017, 03:18 PM
Nice TS you got there

PAIOLETTI
11-27-2017, 03:42 PM
Nice TS you got there

Thanks babe ;) hahaha
Your more than welcome to hop in any time.

DrumThumpinMonkey
11-28-2017, 01:29 AM
The 14th Brooklyn Co B always try's to attend these events. Look me up on steam if you would like. Just a little bit of info regarding the Tigers and the 14th: I found and article stating that the Tiger and the 14th were battlefield rivals due to a fight at the First Bull Run...

"While the 14th Brooklyn and 11th New York Volunteer Infantry were briefly in control of the two guns, the Louisiana Tigers advanced up the hill. The 14th and 11th fired upon the battalion from their superior position, causing significant losses. The Tigers then fired their own rifles, and the majority of the 14th fell to their knees. Encouraged by this, the Tigers dropped their rifles and took out their Bowie knives in an attempt to finish off the survivors. As the Tigers neared the crest of the hill, the 14th Brooklyn stood up. Though both the 14th Brooklyn and the Tigers, who had left their rifles at the bottom of the hill, were poorly trained and lacked real wartime experience, a savage hand-to-hand fight began between the two units. Though the Tigers fought with ferocity and determination, the 14th Brooklyn had the superior field position and eventually the Tigers retreated back down the hill. This brief confrontation permanently made the 14th Brooklyn and the Tigers rivals."

-Monkey

PAIOLETTI
11-28-2017, 05:47 PM
The 14th Brooklyn Co B always try's to attend these events. Look me up on steam if you would like. Just a little bit of info regarding the Tigers and the 14th: I found and article stating that the Tiger and the 14th were battlefield rivals due to a fight at the First Bull Run...

"While the 14th Brooklyn and 11th New York Volunteer Infantry were briefly in control of the two guns, the Louisiana Tigers advanced up the hill. The 14th and 11th fired upon the battalion from their superior position, causing significant losses. The Tigers then fired their own rifles, and the majority of the 14th fell to their knees. Encouraged by this, the Tigers dropped their rifles and took out their Bowie knives in an attempt to finish off the survivors. As the Tigers neared the crest of the hill, the 14th Brooklyn stood up. Though both the 14th Brooklyn and the Tigers, who had left their rifles at the bottom of the hill, were poorly trained and lacked real wartime experience, a savage hand-to-hand fight began between the two units. Though the Tigers fought with ferocity and determination, the 14th Brooklyn had the superior field position and eventually the Tigers retreated back down the hill. This brief confrontation permanently made the 14th Brooklyn and the Tigers rivals."

-Monkey
Very cool story, your always welcome to hop into the Sunday events. Looking forward to the competition and new rivalry!

Hinkel
12-02-2017, 09:07 AM
You will have the next event this sunday, right?

jwhal
12-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Generally if things work out. On a weekly basis.

Sat EU event 4:00 pm est (usually joins in on Timo's event that starts at 3:00 pm est)
Sat NA event 8:00 pm est

Sun EU event 4:00 pm est
Sun NA event 8:00 pm est

Mon Unofficial event 8:00 pm est

Timo420
12-02-2017, 03:43 PM
I don't host an event on saturday, it actually is the public event, wich starts at 3pm est.

PAIOLETTI
12-02-2017, 06:08 PM
You will have the next event this sunday, right?Yes sir, the Sunday Community Event will be a weekly event at 4pm EST EU (10PM GMT) and 8pm for the NA community. Everyone is welcome to join both events as I do and enjoy the action. I'm really impressed with how many people showed up for my Sunday events on just 2 days notice. The fact that we can have full server events really goes to show you that the community is still out there and able to muster in force. There was some really amazing teamwork on both sides, and whether you are Union or CSA you can walk away from that event with your head held high and be proud of your company. These Sunday Community Events or "Sharpsburg Skeddadle" will be an every week event and is open to anyone who would like to join whether you are with a company or not.

*Special thank you goes out to 6th LA's & II Corps Minister Bob (Chaplain for II Corps) for an amazing prayer before battle, and the 38th NC Thomas the fifer/bugler for playing the national anthem before we marched into battle.....RP & Nostalgia at its finest*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ2g9V8i_JQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQhDSC-wjEQ

-Also a heads up to all Union and CSA Companies and Commanders. On Sunday December the 17th, Captain Cooper of the 38 NC, who is a wonderful person and one of the longest active company commanders wishes to hold an armistice event in the spirit of the season of peace. This event will be a get together of companies from both factions and hopefully will help promote Union & CSA companies to work together for events and keep the community active. Infantry shall drop their rifles and Officers will keep their pistol holstered and their swords at shoulder arms. More intel will be released when a time and server is set for this event.

Sneakydude
12-03-2017, 04:48 AM
I just got the game today, are individuals able to join in and follow instructors tomorrow? I haven't been accepted to any Company yet. I was thinking of seeing it all first hand tomorrow. 8pm est time correct on NA and 4pm est on EU?
Thanks

jwhal
12-03-2017, 06:08 AM
I just got the game today, are individuals able to join in and follow instructors tomorrow? I haven't been accepted to any Company yet. I was thinking of seeing it all first hand tomorrow. 8pm est time correct on NA and 4pm est on EU?
Thanks

All are welcome.

Shiloh
12-03-2017, 04:00 PM
Thanks

Absolutely just jump in there. I did this when I first started out and it helped me get a feel for the game before committing to a group. I would suggest sticking 'closer' to people on your side though and not going on Rambo flanking missions.

As was stated earlier, it's great to attend both events if you can. It works out well for me time-wise to go to both EU and NA and thanks to the organizers for putting this on each week.

PAIOLETTI
12-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Thanks

Yes absolutely these events are for everyone. Come in and get comfortable with the game. My 6th LA is always looking for good recruits but, this isnt the thread for that...Big thank you to Pvt Wynne for attending both events! Always a lot of fun...its nuce to see the community rally around these events.

Sneakydude
12-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Yes absolutely these events are for everyone. Come in and get comfortable with the game. My 6th LA is always looking for good recruits but, this isnt the thread for that...Big thank you to Pvt Wynne for attending both events! Always a lot of fun...its nuce to see the community rally around these events.

Apparently not everyone knows about these events even with CAPT status, can i recommend a recap to those to visit this forum?

Boogygeuse
12-04-2017, 03:29 AM
I missed out this weekend, but look forward to joining in next weekend.

Bravescot
12-04-2017, 04:18 AM
I hear it was a resounding Union carry! I'll be back soon enough and am looking forwards to attending a few of these in the future.

John Cooley
12-04-2017, 07:48 AM
Of course you did.
Rebs won 3 of 4 during the First event of the evening.
Anyone, who actually attended, have the numbers from the Second one?
Thanks for the great turn-out, Gentlemen.

WeeFilly
12-04-2017, 02:28 PM
I was there, good battles. :rolleyes:

Scythian PJ
12-04-2017, 04:44 PM
Interesting that you would call a server crash a victory.

John Cooley
12-04-2017, 05:09 PM
The Server crash elicited much swearing and was not counted among the Battles ... neither as a Win nor a Loss.

Yanks NEVER took control of the Point one single time all night.
The only time they won they still never controlled Point and lost almost twice as many men as we did.
Not exactly the "resounding Union carry" that has been making the rounds of the Parlor Soldiers is all I was pointing out.

Redleader
12-04-2017, 10:25 PM

An avoided battle is a won battle, so everyone won ... well at least a few minutes before a lead ball decides it's time for the Grimm Reaper.

I hear it was a resounding Union carry! I'll be back soon enough and am looking forwards to attending a few of these in the future.

The CSA & UNION are pretty even matched in terms of skill and organisation in the latest events, both teams learn from the weekly showoffs :)

Kane Kaizer
12-05-2017, 12:47 AM
An avoided battle is a won battle, so everyone won ... well at least a few minutes before a lead ball decides it's time for the Grimm Reaper.

The CSA & UNION are pretty even matched in terms of skill and organisation in the latest events, both teams learn from the weekly showoffs :)

You could say that the winners were everyone who would have died from that point forward had the server not crashed when it did. :P If they'd only had an unstable server for the real battle perhaps it wouldn't have been such a bloody day.

A. P. Hill
12-05-2017, 01:07 AM
Was it a full blown server crash? Was everyone dumped from the game? Or just a certain number? :) Enquiring minds want to know. (This event, "crashing", apparently happened before I joined as I did not experience any "crash" for the hour or so I was on.)

PAIOLETTI
12-05-2017, 07:34 AM
Another Great Sunday EU & NA Event! Thanks to all that came and those who will be coming in the future. Brilliant Coordination and Teamwork on both the CSA & USA. I love the competitiveness and rivalries between companies, it gives everyone reason to come back and fight hard to sustain their momentum, or revenge their previous defeat. Both events were very well attended and had decisive and cutthroat battles. I look forward to seeing you gentlemen next Sunday for another few rounds! As far as crashing goes, there was 1 crash during the EU event but everyone hopped back in and got back to battle. I keep in contact via steam messages with all those who attend (Company Leadership) that wish to try an coordinate the events so both USA & CSA are on the same page. It makes things like server crashes not such a big deal as you can then immediately get the event back up and running within seconds.

The EU event was attended by several fine companies. The largest being Stonewall Jackson's II Corps and 6th Alabama. Both sides fought hard and I don't see any reason to belittle or play down either sides tenacity or skill. Win or lose everyone should be looking for a hard fought battle where both sides can walk away with mutual respect, and the events not turn into a public d*ck measuring contest. II Corps did an amazing job as I was there to witness first hand for the EU event, and the 51st NY really did a fantastic job during the NA event. Hats off to everyone who showed up, see you boys next week!

Video recorded by GeneralCody during the height of the EU Event! Thanks for always attending Cody!(Hoping to get some NA video posted here as well asap)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m9LDO7XKyk

Sneakydude
12-06-2017, 04:47 PM
I thought it was very cool, first time in the game. How did you zoom in on targets in the video? also how did you turn the fog off like that. All i saw was massive amount of fog.... thanks

Bravescot
12-06-2017, 07:02 PM
The zoom on is an added after effect. No need to worry about it ;)

John Jones
12-08-2017, 07:02 PM
The zoom on is an added after effect. No need to worry about it ;)

LoL, Ive spent several sessions trying to find that zoom key! I finally figured it must have been an edited effect.

Saris
12-08-2017, 07:02 PM
LoL, Ive spent several sessions trying to find that zoom key! I finally figured it must have been an edited effect.

It is, i do it sometimes also.

Sneakydude
12-08-2017, 10:30 PM
On for Saturday and Sunday this weekend?

PAIOLETTI
12-09-2017, 06:15 PM
On for Saturday and Sunday this weekend?

Yes Sir, every weekend. Saturdays i cant attend due to work but, i look forward to seeing you Sunday.

Timo420
12-10-2017, 01:11 PM
Looking forward to todays event. :cool:

PAIOLETTI
12-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Looking forward to todays event. :cool:

Me as well brother, good luck to you and your company today!

Timo420
12-10-2017, 10:58 PM
Good event today guys, hope to see you guys again next week.

Bravescot
12-10-2017, 11:38 PM
Good event today guys, hope to see you guys again next week.

What was the scores on the door?

Timo420
12-10-2017, 11:44 PM
Well we where playing union and the 4 rounds we played union won.

PAIOLETTI
12-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Another week of solid events! Great job everyone. If anyone is interested in joining we have been holding Monday events with II Corps taking on the 51stNY. 8pm EST

Shiloh
12-12-2017, 04:14 PM
It was a great deal of fun last night with some dynamic tactics and a true slug-fest on both rounds I played. Well done organizers and participants!

Redleader
12-12-2017, 06:35 PM
It was a great deal of fun last night with some dynamic tactics and a true slug-fest on both rounds I played. Well done organizers and participants!

The one with the mansion was really close and nicely matched untill the last second.
Many tactics where used, scouting, probing defence, hit and run, charges, spreading in units ... it was indeed very dynamic.

Redleader
12-12-2017, 06:44 PM
hmmm, mansion? i think that was on the US event i only did EU event, sadly i wasn't there

Correct, it was the NA event and I stayed up late (or early) it was between 02u-04u, the 6th LA needed me to draw fire ... I did an excellent job !
It's the map with the big house and little houses with white picket fences, freshly painted .. usually with blood.

Shiloh
12-12-2017, 09:19 PM
This was last night's event and the first map I played was Burnside Bridge, the second one (mansion) was the Otto Farm map. I live just 10 min. from the battlefield and the funny thing is the interior of the Otto Farm is currently a wreck... it looks good on the outside though.

PAIOLETTI
12-12-2017, 09:22 PM

Thank you for the kind words brother. Very close matches indeed, and with the way the ticket "morale" system is now it certainly does the CSA no favors but, we are pulling out all the stops to get some victories under our belts. I really appreciate you joining the events. The Union really played well this past weekend.

PAIOLETTI
12-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Correct, it was the NA event and I stayed up late (or early) it was between 02u-04u, the 6th LA needed me to draw fire ... I did an excellent job !
It's the map with the big house and little houses with white picket fences, freshly painted .. usually with blood.

Thank you for your dedication Corporal, you do an amazing job! Redleader is one of the young up and coming leaders in WoR. Smart guy and a loyal and very solid soilder

Shiloh
12-12-2017, 10:40 PM
Thank you for the kind words brother. Very close matches indeed, and with the way the ticket "morale" system is now it certainly does the CSA no favors but, we are pulling out all the stops to get some victories under our belts. I really appreciate you joining the events. The Union really played well this past weekend.

You guys did a great job of staving off multiple attacks at Otto Farm and should feel proud of the spirited fights. I pay little heed to the actual results at the end as to me it's all about teamwork, having fun and some varied tactics to keep things interesting. That's what it's all about. There was all that and more and you guys fought really well.

PAIOLETTI
12-13-2017, 03:32 AM
You guys did a great job of staving off multiple attacks at Otto Farm and should feel proud of the spirited fights. I pay little heed to the actual results at the end as to me it's all about teamwork, having fun and some varied tactics to keep things interesting. That's what it's all about. There was all that and more and you guys fought really well.

Thanks again Pvt. Wynne, good sportsmanship my man! At the end of the day we all need to remeber that the game is in PRE-ALPHA, and it will be a minute untill Cryengine gets implemented, and then hopefully when that happens they will begin to balance the game again. Honestly though, it will likely be a while untill this game even hits beta. So it will be a long and sometimes frustrating road untill WoR hits its full potential. Untill then we just knuckle down and keep pushing forward! Looking forward to seeing you next weekend Private and keep up the tremendous work!

Redleader
12-13-2017, 08:16 PM
Redleader is one of the young up and coming leaders in WoR.

That's kind words for a person that is 10 years younger then me :)

PAIOLETTI
12-14-2017, 04:25 AM
That's kind words for a person that is 10 years younger then me :)

Hahaha Apologies, i would have never guessed you sound so young!

stiffstarch
12-16-2017, 01:10 AM
HI Fellow Warrors.. I just found this thread. I was getting frustrated at not finding any good meetings. Are you all planning to meet up this weekend? Sunday, 12/17, perhaps? I will look for you all.
John Boy

jwhal
12-16-2017, 02:57 PM
Hello stiffstarch

The best chance to find some action generally happens on weekends.

Start looking around

Sat 3-4 pm
Sat 7-8 pm
Sun 3-4 pm
Sun 7-8 pm

Weekdays are hit or miss mostly a miss.

Timo420
12-17-2017, 11:30 PM
Good job to 2nd Corps for winning the EU event today with a whopping 6-0 in favour of the union!

jwhal
12-17-2017, 11:39 PM
Great job by you and your company Timo most of the maps felt more like loses but the system gave us the wins. We also fought different then we would being CSA knowing we had the moral/ticket advantage.

Timo420
12-18-2017, 12:07 AM
Thanks, but the main reason was just we made some bad decisions in anticipating your moves, the last 2 maps we did alot better as we concentrated our forces and sent out scouts to see where you would come from and actually making some good choices, you guys managed to use our own mobility against us and you deserve the praise for it.

sal_tuskin
12-18-2017, 03:13 AM
timo you guys did a great job its just that 85% of the maps are heavily weighted in favor the union no matter what csa does they cant win the new engine seems to help some but still not even close
my next bet after the dev removed fort bush is that they wont let people rush cap just my thing but the monent i saw trusty playing csa 2 weeks ago and was wondering around fort bush i made a bet in our ts that the bush would be done and well guess what happend bush gone

REMEMBER THE BUSH the new csa battle cry

TrustyJam
12-18-2017, 03:23 AM
timo you guys did a great job its just that 85% of the maps are heavily weighted in favor the union no matter what csa does they cant win the new engine seems to help some but still not even close
my next bet after the dev removed fort bush is that they wont let people rush cap just my thing but the monent i saw trusty playing csa 2 weeks ago and was wondering around fort bush i made a bet in our ts that the bush would be done and well guess what happend bush gone

REMEMBER THE BUSH the new csa battle cry

The maps are exactly as heavily "favored" union as they were before the introduction of the formation system - yet the confederates have a higher starting morale/tickets than they did prior to its introduction.

The bush was removed as the focus of the Pry Ford map is open field combat and not a close up study of the flora of Maryland. :)

I'm not saying the balance is perfect - it shouldn't be at this stage of development, nor should it be expected to be.

- Trusty

Zen
12-18-2017, 03:42 AM
I'm wondering how much it is due to team work. Like on Burnside Bridge, the Union won during the earlier event and lost badly this evening.

sal_tuskin
12-18-2017, 01:32 PM
zen that was the only map we lost all day we one 9 lost one were trying different starts on the bridge map at nite and about 1/3 of the union team wouldnt help us cause we were csa in the afternoon everyone helped
the csa should never lose the bridge map just like in real life they held it
40 people trying to go over a bridge covered by 40 other people should never work and in the war the csa easily held the bridge just like they should have

games were fun and the bush was nice to look at the flora of maryland is very pretty when seen up close really is;)

Redleader
12-18-2017, 05:37 PM
I'm wondering how much it is due to team work. Like on Burnside Bridge, the Union won during the earlier event and lost badly this evening.

I was at both events (EU & NA) playing Union, and in my opinion the main differences where :

First event (EU)

1) The first push on the bridge from the USA was 'very' succesfull, making the CSA scatter and making room for USA to get reïnforcements safely over the bridge.
2) The USA was able to overrun the scattered CSA (who some fell back to point or the fence behind) and take a position behind the rocks at 'cap'.
3) The USA slowly capped and could prevent a all or nothing rush from the CSA.

The second event (NA) :

1) The pushes towards bridge where less succesfull (CSA went for defending the brigde instead of lingering on at spawn/cap).
2) The Union was trickling in over the bridge and the survivors where trapped at both banks, with their numbers to low to make a pinch maneuvre or act as a disctration to pull away a main force.
3) Not all the same people and the issue 'Sal' already adressed.

I fully agree with 'Sal' if you can hold the bridge as a choke point, it will be very very hard for the USA to win ... once the get over in full force ... the CSA has a disadvantage.

TrustyJam
12-18-2017, 05:51 PM
I fully agree with 'Sal' if you can hold the bridge as a choke point, it will be very very hard for the USA to win ... once the get over in full force ... the CSA has a disadvantage.

While most skirmish areas provide natural defences for the attackers (if they get to a certain point without dying) the defender always has the advantage of spawning closer to the cap zone and thus having a greater chance of pushing back the attacker due to their greater numbers thanks to quicker reinforcements.

- Trusty

PAIOLETTI
12-19-2017, 06:00 PM
Great job to everyone who attended Sundays EU & NA Events, as well as the Monday Night Event! There where some really great battles this week. Next Sunday and Monday are Christmas eve & Christmas Day, followed by the next Sunday which is New Years Eve and Monday being New Years Day. So i will see you boys again next year for the weekly events. A lot of companies can walk away from this year with there heads held high. Enjoy the holiday everyone! I look forward to what is to come next year with WoR.

PAIOLETTI
01-06-2018, 06:51 PM
WoR Community, This weekend kicks off the 2018 events. Starting at 8pm EST Saturday night. Sunday at 4pm EST for the EU event and 8pm EST NA event & Monday at 8pm EST. I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and i look forward to seeing you guys in the field!

Shiloh
01-07-2018, 04:06 AM
Great matches tonight on both sides boys! We had solid numbers in there (50-60+) for 3+ hours and that's what a Saturday night slugfest should look like.

PAIOLETTI
01-07-2018, 11:02 PM
Amazing Sunday EU event! There was more than 80 guys in attendance and every map was a real battle.
The NA event was even more heavily attended with 90+ guys. At one point even crashing the server. These events have really taken off and there are some just epic battles back and fourth. Special thank you to everyone who attended. I saw some really amazing teamwork between multiple companies on my side of the action, and really that's what its all about. Don't forget to join my 8pm EST Monday Night Event as well!

zwood
01-14-2018, 06:37 PM
Event stilll scheduled for today?

TrustyJam
01-14-2018, 06:42 PM
Event stilll scheduled for today?

Hopefully! We hope to hit 100 players on the server. :)

- Trusty

PAIOLETTI
01-15-2018, 12:13 AM
Hopefully! We hope to hit 100 players on the server. :)

- Trusty

....and we sure did, great event everyone

Also these Sunday and Monday night event occur every week. I will post if they are cancelled but, barring a religious holiday or something of the like they are always on.

John Jones
01-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Just wanted to say a big thank you to all those on both sides who organise, motivate and generally chivvy us to get together for these great events. I think the CSA defence of Dunker Church during the EU event was some of the best teamwork I've yet experienced in the game, well done one and all in II Corps and everyone else who took part. And a big thanks to the Devs who are continuing to work on, and deliver a truly unique game, which appeared pretty stable to me last night.

As a side note, great idea for NCOs to repeat commands, adds very much to the immersion and communication aspect of the game - however apologies for being less than enthusiastic when doing so - its not my British reserve, its just that if I woke my children with "FIX......BAYONETS!....." my wife would tear me a new one......

Charles Caldwell
01-15-2018, 11:15 AM
I think the CSA defence of Dunker Church during the EU event was some of the best teamwork I've yet experienced in the game, well done one and all in II Corps and everyone else who took part. And a big thanks to the Devs who are continuing to work on, and deliver a truly unique game, which appeared pretty stable to me last night.

Agreed, I was on the right, under the command of MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI... shift right was the theme of the day.

however apologies for being less than enthusiastic when doing so - its not my British reserve, its just that if I woke my children with "FIX......BAYONETS!....." my wife would tear me a new one......

Yep been there, got the T-shirt and the ear ache from the missus too.

PAIOLETTI
01-16-2018, 06:46 PM
Thanks for joining the Sunday Events Captain Caldwell, and i appreciate you rolling with the 6th Louisiana Tigers. Lol yes, the Center/Right was my area of opportations. Your welcome to roll with us any time my man. Whatever you do don't wake up the little ones, i have several NCO's that can do the hollering for you.

PAIOLETTI
01-28-2018, 11:00 PM
Another amazing EU event today. Almost a full 150 on the server, great battles and great job everyone. See yall for the 8pm EST NA Community Event.

PAIOLETTI
02-11-2018, 11:17 PM
2 hours until the 8pm EST NA Community Event! Some really close battles during the EU event today, as well as great attendance.

PAIOLETTI
02-12-2018, 09:41 PM
To Commemorate the 209th birthday of Abraham Lincoln the II Corps & the 51stNY will be engaging in an open field line battle. As always with my Sunday and Monday Events everyone in the community is invited to join at 8pm EST. No firing behind cover (yes this applies to fenses as well)open field line battle. Both sides may fall back to regroup but, when they commense firing you must be in an organized line and in the field.

Tyler28256
06-18-2018, 03:27 AM
Great event tonight. It was a honor to lead union forces.

https://i.imgur.com/P5TEh6J.png
https://i.imgur.com/m2tkcXV.png

Leifr
06-18-2018, 10:02 AM
An excellent looking line there.

Tyler28256
06-18-2018, 01:49 PM
An excellent looking line there.

Indeed it was until the bullets from the 2nd corps ripped holes into it. Hahaha.

Warboy
06-25-2018, 03:02 PM
Line Battle tonight at 8PM EST!
If we don't mass crash :rolleyes:

TrustyJam
06-25-2018, 03:17 PM
If we don't mass crash :rolleyes:

The more server crashes the merrier - it helps us out greatly in our quest to kill off the bugs causing them. :)

Please also remember to use the error reporter at: https://warofrights.com/ErrorReporter whenever you crash - we did not get a single report from last night's server crash (while a client log from a server crash is of little use, error reports are very valuable when it comes to client crashes).

- Trusty

Tyler28256
06-25-2018, 04:02 PM
The more server crashes the merrier - it helps us out greatly in our quest to kill off the bugs causing them. :)

Please also remember to use the error reporter at: https://warofrights.com/ErrorReporter whenever you crash - we did not get a single report from last night's server crash (while a client log from a server crash is of little use, error reports are very valuable when it comes to client crashes).

- Trusty

I just sent mine in now, and I informed all my alpha members who were present to do the same.

TrustyJam
06-25-2018, 04:26 PM
I just sent mine in now, and I informed all my alpha members who were present to do the same.

Thanks! It only works if you've done it right after you've crashed though (unless you haven't entered the game again since then) or you will simply have sent us logs from later play sessions.

- Trusty

Warboy
06-25-2018, 04:35 PM
Ok, I will send one at tonight's event at 8pm est, if we can get 120 players it will indeed crash and I will send log right after I crash. Tyler round up as many union boys as you can and get ahold of the other commanders if you can so we can get the numbers up to 120 to get the crash, then everyone at that point(third to half server) can send error report right then and there!!!

TrustyJam
06-25-2018, 04:52 PM
Ok, I will send one at tonight's event at 8pm est, if we can get 120 players it will indeed crash and I will send log right after I crash. Tyler round up as many union boys as you can and get ahold of the other commanders if you can so we can get the numbers up to 120 to get the crash, then everyone at that point(third to half server) can send error report right then and there!!!

I just said that server crash reports from you guys (the clients) are not useful as your logs are client logs and not server logs but thank you for the eagerness. :)

It is however useful to crash the servers as the crashed server will provide us with the needed logs.

- Trusty

Lightfoot
06-25-2018, 06:23 PM
I just said that server crash reports from you guys (the clients) are not useful as your logs are client logs and not server logs but thank you for the eagerness. :)

It is however useful to crash the servers as the crashed server will provide us with the needed logs.

- Trusty

Is there an easy way to tell the difference?

I rarely see what I would consider a server crash. That is, every one being thrown off at the same time. Also, not sure I can tell that happened until I log back in and see the server gone or refilling with people.
But I have endless problems with the client connecting to the server which usually requires that I reboot my computer to get out of the client.
Also, when I do manage to get the client to let me leave the game I usually find it still out there when I check the Task Manager and have to kill it from there before I can restart the client.

Redleader
06-25-2018, 07:19 PM
Is there an easy way to tell the difference?

I rarely see what I would consider a server crash. That is, every one being thrown off at the same time.

We've experience two types of crashes lately :

Batch drop : like yesterday (EU event) multiple players where dropped at the same time, while others including myself could keep playing.
Full crash : all the other players freeze and a bit later you return to the campfire screen logo, the 'server' does not reappear in the server browser.

Also I believe Trusty once said some logs are not useful (the last line being something like D3DEBUG ….), if you have an error.log and things like below it might be ? :

Call Stack: ["CaptureCrashScreenShot" [3724]]
10) ZwWaitForAlertByThreadId() [:0]
9) RtlSleepConditionVariableSRW() [:0]
8) SleepConditionVariableSRW() [:0]
7) CryConditionVariable::TimedWait() [crythreadimpl_win32.h:270]
6) CCaptureCrashScreenShot::ThreadEntry() [debugcallstack.cpp:99]
5) CThreadManager::RunThread() [systemthreading.cpp:219]
4) o_strcat_s() [:0]
3) BaseThreadInitThunk() [:0]
2) RtlUserThreadStart() [:0]
1) RtlUserThreadStart() [:0]

Attempting to create error screenshot "error.jpg"
Error creating screenshot.
<23:30:07> Saved dump file to 'error.dmp'

PAIOLETTI
07-17-2018, 05:11 PM
Amazing Events on Sunday and Monday. We maxed out at 150 on monday and had an epic line battle, Sunday reached into the 130s with neither event having mass crashes. Thank you dev team! I hope yall are figuring out how to stabilize the servers.

n. burnette
07-17-2018, 05:54 PM
I would like to take the time to commend the union leadership on an outstanding line battle on Monday night. It was not the same old format, but instead multiple lines maneuvering on the field of battle. As a commander of 1st Georgia this was a refreshing change and hopefully a sign of things to come. Great job all the way around gentlemen.

Tyler28256
07-17-2018, 06:44 PM
I would like to take the time to commend the union leadership on an outstanding line battle on Monday night. It was not the same old format, but instead multiple lines maneuvering on the field of battle. As a commander of 1st Georgia this was a refreshing change and hopefully a sign of things to come. Great job all the way around gentlemen.

Thank you for your commendation. Captain Vito of the 72nd PA and myself only look to make these events more enjoyable for everyone, and give you boys a hard fight. Looking forward to more engagements like the behemoth of a match fought yesterday.

https://i.imgur.com/UPPzVmU.png

Orzel
07-17-2018, 08:42 PM
Damnit all I keep missing the Monday festivities >.>

Vulcarin
07-25-2018, 07:27 PM
We're hoping for another epic 150-man Double-rank Line Battle this Sunday at 8 PM EST,

While we realize this is a public server and nobody is obligated to follow our "rules" during our events, we do want to provide some guidelines, agreed upon by the organizing companies, for the benefit of other companies that would also like to participate but maybe aren't clear about the expectations,

Encouraged,
✔ Double-rank formation
✔ Multiple 'In Formation' lines working cooperatively
✔ Maneuvering is highly encouraged (because line battles where one side never moves are intensely boring)
✔ Kneeling in 'Skirmishing' formation to conceal location, ambush the enemy, disguise screening movements, etc.
✔ Bayonet charges

Discouraged,
✘ Establishing a defensive position which is out of bounds to the enemy (again, this is really, really boring)
✘ Volleys from artificial cover (namely, standing in houses or behind railings and fences)
✘ Fighters 'Out Of Formation' (snipers, bushwhackers, lonewolves, or whatever they want to call themselves only eat up tickets for their own team)
✘ Breech-loading rifles (exceptions allowed once muzzle-loading roster is full)

Id like to make a proposal or two for these rules that may help.
1. The "Defending team should be allowed to use cover(fences,walls, etc...not in houses though) Due to the fact that they are at an extreme disadvantage with the ticket count. Attacker always has more tickets. Having line battles with one side having more tickets without neutralizing that somehow is unfair for the defender.
2. No one leaves spawn in groups less than 10? or some number bigger than 3-5.
3. No charging(unless its a bayonet charge) all movement must be in quick time or double quick and in some sort of line, see above #2
4. Also some sort of time in the beginning for both sides to set up. The defender should not run up to as close to ememy spawn as possible and unload, as they do start in the middle of the map as defender.

Thoughts?

Vulcarin

Tyler28256
07-25-2018, 09:15 PM
Id like to make a proposal or two for these rules that may help.
1. The "Defending team should be allowed to use cover(fences,walls, etc...not in houses though) Due to the fact that they are at an extreme disadvantage with the ticket count. Attacker always has more tickets. Having line battles with one side having more tickets without neutralizing that somehow is unfair for the defender.
2. No one leaves spawn in groups less than 10? or some number bigger than 3-5.
3. No charging(unless its a bayonet charge) all movement must be in quick time or double quick and in some sort of line, see above #2
4. Also some sort of time in the beginning for both sides to set up. The defender should not run up to as close to ememy spawn as possible and unload, as they do start in the middle of the map as defender.

Thoughts?

Vulcarin

Cover is nice to have, but it's easier for defenders to shoot down the attackers behind some cover. Either both sides get to use it or neither side. Also ticket disadvantage isn't as big of an issue as people make it seem to be. I mean in the time given I don't think there was a time in these line battles were a side lost due to losing all their tickets, and it the killing only stopped due to the timer. I'd say just start from the beginning, and keep how we deployment the same. If a side can properly maneuver, and lay down fire then the point you bring up aren't needed.

sal_tuskin
07-25-2018, 11:06 PM
the problem with the line battles is only about 1/2 the team follow the rules, they are hiding behind fences, trying to shoot into spawn, standing behind bushes so in the end it isnt a line battle at all but a gloried skirmish is all it is
these double ranks and march in formation last about 5min then everyone just says f it and does their own thing

if u want line battles then stand out in the open and shoot each other stop hiding moving and so forth isnt that want you want isnt it other wise it is just a glorified skirmish with maybe 3 lines of people moving around just dont get it myself but what ever have at it trying to organize it but with all the randoms and companies that want to do what they want it wont work

just my 3 cents worth

been trying to do line battles for over a yr and it all ends the same way

PAIOLETTI
07-30-2018, 12:18 AM
We're hoping for another epic 150-man Double-rank Line Battle this Sunday at 8 PM EST,

While we realize this is a public server and nobody is obligated to follow our "rules" during our events, we do want to provide some guidelines, agreed upon by the organizing companies, for the benefit of other companies that would also like to participate but maybe aren't clear about the expectations,

Encouraged,
✔ Double-rank formation
✔ Multiple 'In Formation' lines working cooperatively
✔ Maneuvering is highly encouraged (because line battles where one side never moves are intensely boring)
✔ Kneeling in 'Skirmishing' formation to conceal location, ambush the enemy, disguise screening movements, etc.
✔ Bayonet charges

Discouraged,
✘ Establishing a defensive position which is out of bounds to the enemy (again, this is really, really boring)
✘ Volleys from artificial cover (namely, standing in houses or behind railings and fences)
✘ Fighters 'Out Of Formation' (snipers, bushwhackers, lonewolves, or whatever they want to call themselves only eat up tickets for their own team)
✘ Breech-loading rifles (exceptions allowed once muzzle-loading roster is full)

^ Tonights line battle rules. Good luck to both sides!

CptData
08-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Do they apply tonight? 2am CEST?

SwingKid148
08-05-2018, 06:24 PM
Do they apply tonight? 2am CEST?

Every Sunday

CptData
08-05-2018, 07:29 PM
Every Sunday
Let's hope I can get a grey spot this time ... ;)

SwingKid148
08-05-2018, 08:33 PM
Let's hope I can get a grey spot this time ... ;)

Better come early since the rebs always bring more than 75 so they spill into the US.

PAIOLETTI
10-08-2018, 12:25 AM
8pm EST Double Ranks Open Field Line Battle tonight on NA 1.

Melonfish
10-14-2018, 12:06 PM
Anything planned for today (14th)?
Pref earlier so us eurotrash can join in.

Shiloh
10-14-2018, 09:20 PM

1.5 servers filled right now.

Korvyr
10-21-2018, 06:44 PM
We'll muster some men to tag along. Always a pleasure fighting with the 6th LA.

Edit: Had a blast last night with everyone! Good show!

PAIOLETTI
10-22-2018, 10:31 PM

4pm EST every Sunday is the EU event and of course yall can always join in.

PAIOLETTI
10-22-2018, 10:32 PM
We'll muster some men to tag along. Always a pleasure fighting with the 6th LA.

Edit: Had a blast last night with everyone! Good show!
Thanks for coming! We are back at it again tonight (Monday) at 8pm EST

Korvyr
10-22-2018, 10:46 PM
Thanks for coming! We are back at it again tonight (Monday) at 8pm EST

We'll make every effort to be there.

Korvyr
10-23-2018, 04:34 AM
Another fantastic event! Made an effort to hangout with the 1st GA folks as well. Absolutely fantastic bunch, the lot of them. At least the ones I ran into today. Just as fun to be around as the 6th LA.

Y'all have a magnificent community here.

Triton
12-09-2018, 06:51 PM
Hello all,
As the new kids on the block (so to speak) I was wondering if this event is still happening, and if my company could attend. We aren’t asking for a “Sharpshooters” spot because i understand how that could be problematic, but a skirmishing slot would be terrific. Either way if this is still happening we’ll be there.

Thank you,
Captain Cunningham

SwingKid148
12-09-2018, 08:00 PM
These series of events for Sunday does indeed still happen. Add me on steam and I will shoot you an invite to the officer's chat.

https://tinyurl.com/Emerson-Steam

Triton
12-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Swingkid148,
I added you on steam.

Landree
12-10-2018, 12:40 AM
Sent you an invite, Paioletti. I have folks interested in getting in on these.

CptMorganM8
12-11-2018, 10:33 PM
The 3rd Arkansas Co. L is now formed and ready to take the fight to the yanks. See you all on the battlefield.

Captain Armistead
12-16-2018, 04:06 AM
47th will start attending

MattHolland2017
12-16-2018, 06:20 PM
We Will try attending

Wilson
12-16-2018, 07:34 PM
3rd Arkansas A Company will be present

Joshua Chamberlain
12-16-2018, 08:25 PM
20th Maine is gonna show up

Triton
12-20-2018, 02:38 PM
Per usual we will be there.

PAIOLETTI
04-30-2019, 06:09 PM
To keep up with all the regiments joining the Sunday (4pm EU & 8pm NA) and Monday (8pm EST) events for the last few months i have been holding Event Coordination in II Corps TeamSpeak 30 minutes before event starts. During coordination i let the guests (Union) choose the first map, second map chosen by CSA and the third map is one agreed upon. This system has worked very well and i appreciate all who take the time to attend. As the server fills up quickly it is MANDATORY that all those wishing to join in the action send one representative (rank doesn't matter) to coordination, those who do not attend will not be promised a spot in the immediate server and will likely find themselves reverting to another server as my events are always maxed out. A second server will be available to all those who can not attend or are not part of an organized group in the community.

PAIOLETTI
05-27-2019, 11:16 PM
Great battles last night! We are back at it again tonight, Monday at 8pm EST! All are welcome to join the action.

PAIOLETTI
05-31-2019, 06:35 PM
South Moutain Sunday 8pm EST!!! Its the 6ths 3 year anniversary and the devs released South Moutain. Pixilated Apollo and General Cody HD will be recording!!!! Event will take place in II Corps_6th LA server as always. All are welcome to join the action. No password protected server on this one but i will have active admins on both sides.

PAIOLETTI
07-01-2019, 09:07 PM
Tonight, Monday 7/1 at 8pm EST I will be hosting the 156th Battle of Gettysburg Event. We had 3 packed servers last night for the Sunday Night Community Event and we will be prepared to have atleast 2 servers so all in the community can attend. All are welcome as always. Event Coordination (Mandatory if you want to get in) will take place in Stonewall Jackson's II Corps TS at 730pm EST. If u need the link PM me here or on Steam. Looking forward to some excellent fights tonight!

Redleader
07-01-2019, 10:55 PM

We also try to attend (or sometimes host) with a small detachment :)

PAIOLETTI
08-12-2019, 11:33 PM
ATTENTION ALL!
Tonights Monday Night Community Event will stay open to the public. Event will be very competative (6th LA vs 9th NY) So bring your A game and have a ton of fun!

-7pm EST Open Community Drill (6th LA Server)

-8pm EST Monday Night Community Event (II Corps Monday Night Community Event Server) Password (None)

Vulcarin
08-12-2019, 11:56 PM
ATTENTION ALL!
Tonights Monday Night Community Event will stay open to the public. Event will be very competative (6th LA vs 9th NY) So bring your A game and have a ton of fun!

-7pm EST Open Community Drill (6th LA Server)

-8pm EST Monday Night Community Event (II Corps Monday Night Community Event Server) Password (None)

hmmm so much for community meetings to set up events

PAIOLETTI
08-13-2019, 07:21 AM
Vulcarin, I cant possibly see how this could be a problem. You where at the same community event coordination that i was, i stated my intention to take the open community server to allow in all the guys not in a regiment, as so many have requested the organized units to do so. Thus making the server you played in the A side of events on the night as 1st GA, 14th Bk, 1st TX, 17th Michigan ect. could all play together. Not sure where your going with the last comment, perhaps you misunderstood what i had said? Either way not a big deal but you can always PM me on steam or hop in TS if you have a question or something comes up.

Southern
08-13-2019, 10:16 AM
Don't Question the "community" leader.

PAIOLETTI
08-13-2019, 06:23 PM
Don't Question the "community" leader.

Hey Boo-Boo! Your always welcome to attend as well with 3rd ARK C, 4th GA K, 13th VA I, Palmetto Sharps or whichever unit you are with currently attached to! Plenty of fun for everyone honey, come join the action and as always.....stay sexy! ;)

Adlerwar
09-22-2019, 09:39 PM
How do i join this event?

Galahad
09-22-2019, 10:54 PM

Reach out to one of the 6th LA officers on steam they should be able to get you squared away. Or alternatively post your dream name here so they can reach you

PAIOLETTI
09-23-2019, 09:39 PM

Add me on steam and ill get u squared away, II-Col. Paioletti [6th,LA]. These are the big organized II Corps events and are regimental vs regimental fights but i try to bring some of the new guys into the fun as well as they are far more competative than the public play. If you are interested un joining 1 of the big units in the game i can get you squared away. In Stonewall Jackson's II Corps we have II-1st VA Cav, "Fighting" 5th VA & my 6th LA Tigers. Our Union counterparts (Burnsides Right Wing) 9th NY, 1st Cav, 14th BK, and 17th Michigan. I can help you get enlisted into any of the big regiments if your interested, if not just hop on and have fun!

Johnny_Reb_1865
09-28-2019, 04:29 AM

Is this NA or EU?

Soulfly
09-28-2019, 08:34 PM
So, this is for regiments only?

Noble
11-17-2019, 08:06 PM
Are these 4 pm EST events
passworded?

Galahad
11-17-2019, 08:28 PM
Some are, some aren't. It really depends on numbers of the units playing. Most of the time it will start off as a password and after the units make sure their boys are in the admins might open it up.

PAIOLETTI
11-18-2019, 11:34 PM
Tonight's Monday Night Event will be open to the public! 8:15pm EST is event time. II Corps Monday Night Event Server. All are welcome to attend!

luvvt2004
02-10-2020, 01:28 AM
I've been away for a bit but want to get back in. Looking to find out how I get in on the PW servers

SwingKid148
02-11-2020, 04:36 PM
I've been away for a bit but want to get back in. Looking to find out how I get in on the PW servers

You'll need to be a member of a participating regiment.

PAIOLETTI
02-11-2020, 06:12 PM

Add me as a friend on steam II-Col. Paioletti [6th,LA] ill get you in the action.....generally though its regiment vs regiment but I don't have an issue getting you in. If u would like to join a group I have connects to both sides of the border. So if I cant talk u into joining up with the CSA there are a ton of good Union units out there like 9th NY, (TNA) 23rd NY, 1ST CAV, 17th Mi, 42nd PA....and many more. See you in the field Luvvt2004

Cyph3r
02-13-2020, 03:20 PM
If you're looking for a group so you can join group events, we have an opening.

Cyph3r
02-13-2020, 03:22 PM

If you're looking for a group to join so you can get in on these events, feel free to join ours.

Cyph3r
02-13-2020, 03:22 PM
Sorry for the double post, how can I delete the flubbed one?