PDA

View Full Version : Just bought myself Captain pledge.

Paul Williams III
12-03-2017, 03:18 AM
Just bought myself a ticket to play alpha version of war of rights!!!! Get ready for me to kick some ass and frown on an ancient tripod camera!!!!

TrustyJam
12-03-2017, 03:27 AM
Thank you for the support of the development! :)

- Trusty

Boogygeuse
12-03-2017, 04:22 AM
Just bought the captains pledge today as well, can't wait to play and help this game grow.

TrustyJam
12-03-2017, 07:44 AM
Just bought the captains pledge today as well, can't wait to play and help this game grow.

Thank you for the support and for spreading the word!

See you on the fields of glory - or in the drill camps. :)

- Trusty

Shiloh
12-03-2017, 04:08 PM
Welcome gentlemen! Even in alpha, this is a very engaging game with much to offer. Enjoy!

Mazz
12-04-2017, 02:47 AM
One more on board. Looking good, guys!

The attention to detail is astonishing.

TrustyJam
12-04-2017, 04:32 AM
One more on board. Looking good, guys!

The attention to detail is astonishing.

Welcome on board and thank you for the kind words. :)

- Trusty

OleSawedBones
12-04-2017, 06:45 AM
Hop on in and practice and kill!

Destraex
12-04-2017, 12:14 PM
I just had a bit of a whirl.
Very impressive really. However nobody online (in Australia here). So I just mucked around a little. What times in what time zones are people guaranteed to be around?
I do wonder though if I am allowed to post screenshots on facebook and such? How openly can we talk about the game? I see the Alpha access forums are open to anybody however so assume it is ok.

Also where is the new post button?

TrustyJam
12-04-2017, 12:17 PM
I just had a bit of a whirl.
Very impressive really. However nobody online (in Australia here). So I just mucked around a little.
I do wonder though if I am allowed to post screenshots on facebook and such? How openly can we talk about the game? I see the Alpha access forums are open to anybody however so assume it is ok.

Thank you!

Your best bet for action currently is the community events each weekend as we have a relatively small alpha test base. :)

Yes, you're allowed to share images and videos, etc from the game as we have no NDA in place. All we ask is that you make people aware that the game is in its alpha phase.

- Trusty

Destraex
12-04-2017, 10:51 PM
Also where is the new post button? I cannot seem to post even with my new rank.
Can I ask when cavalry and artillery are being patched in?
Can I also ask what the developer roadmap is and how big the team is?
Where do I find the keymap for officer commands? (I will fiddle some more no doubt to see if I can find them)

P.S. I have bad tinitus and will be turning the sound right down. I like games that allow the different elements of sound to be turned down separately. Voice, guns, ambient sounds etc

McMuffin
12-05-2017, 01:51 AM
Also where is the new post button? I cannot seem to post even with my new rank.
I would try to link your pledge rank to forum rank AKA badge.

Can I ask when cavalry and artillery are being patched in?
Not for a while, and I mean a while.

Can I also ask what the developer roadmap is and how big the team is?
I do not think they have a public roadmap for their own varying reasons, and the team (I am probably wrong but not far off) is 5 people I believe.

Where do I find the keymap for officer commands? (I will fiddle some more no doubt to see if I can find them)
The only officer specific command is 'Q' to start to draw a line and 'Q' again to end it.

P.S. I have bad tinnitus and will be turning the sound right down. I like games that allow the different elements of sound to be turned down separately. Voice, guns, ambient sounds etc
There are no sound options as of right now, as much as we would like them.

Destraex
12-05-2017, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the response McMuffin.

Taylor Klein
12-20-2017, 03:12 PM
Is capt. the only backer that will allow you to play the early access to war of rights?

brentcarter
12-20-2017, 03:14 PM
Is capt. the only backer that will allow you to play the early access to war of rights?

https://warofrights.com/Crowdfunding#Captain

Taylor Klein
12-20-2017, 05:47 PM
Do you have to buy the Captain in order to play the early access?

A. P. Hill
12-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Do you have to buy the Captain in order to play the early access?
The only available access at this time is Alpha, which can only be had with a minimum contribution of Captain.

Jack Woods
12-20-2017, 11:45 PM
Good to see some more Aussies joining in :) Welcome.

Destraex
12-21-2017, 10:36 PM
The only problem for us Aussies is the ping on your American servers. But 200, which is what I get is not too bad usually for slower games.

theLargeCow
12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
Sorry for the necro on this, but I wasnt able to post new threads for some reason.
I also just bought the captain package today (12/27) but have yet to hear back or receive any way to actually get the game, really hyped to play when I do though. On the off chance that anyone reads this on a month old post, help a guy out.

Redleader
12-27-2017, 10:16 PM
Sorry for the necro on this, but I wasnt able to post new threads for some reason.
I also just bought the captain package today (12/27) but have yet to hear back or receive any way to actually get the game, .

Usually you get an email with your 'Steam' key on the emailadress you bought your pledge with.
Be sure to check your 'trash/spam/ you name it ?' folders.
Otherwise you could try and PM Trusty Jam (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/member.php?1-TrustyJam) (click to see his profile) (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/member.php?1-TrustyJam) ... hope you don't mind Trusty ?

Momran
12-31-2017, 06:03 AM
Same here !

FIGHT Black phoenix
12-31-2017, 09:43 AM
Same here !

Salut à toi !

Comme la écrit en haut Redleader, normalement tu reçois un email vérifie tes spam ou autres ou sinon click sur le lien que redleader à fait pour contacter Trustyjam ! Il te répondra assez rapidement et au passage si tu cherche un régiment vient nous voir ici :http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?1519-18th-Louisiana-Infantry-Batallion-Company-A-French&p=72781#post72781

Bonne année !

Huaa huaa !

"fallagh Ballaugh"

Cpt. P . Cleburne
COS of 18th LA
1st Brigade
Stonewall Jackson's Second Corps

brentcarter
12-31-2017, 10:48 AM
Same here !

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/icons/flags_gosquared/64/France_flat.png
La Compagnie A du 3e Alabama recrute ! Se voulant multi-culturelle et composée de volontaires venant des quatre coins du monde nous recherchons des joueurs actifs et motivés ne parlant pas forcément la langue anglaise même si cela est conseillé, des entrainements visant à apprendre aux joueurs les ordres et directives en anglais seront mis en place afin d’aider les joueurs à s’adapter rapidement même si ceux-ci ne connaissent pas la langue. Compagnie Semi-Rp nous cherchons avant tout à jouer et à nous amuser ensemble tout en respectant la hiérarchie et le rp militaire dans la limite du fun bien entendu. Alors si vous souhaitez vous investir et nous rejoindre n’hésitez pas à nous contacter directement !

Sgt. Charles Lebailec, Chef de section et responsable francophone

John St. Holler
12-31-2017, 10:58 PM
I just joined myself. Have been watching for a while.

Elshaug
03-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Just did a Captain pledge myself... Looking forward joining you on the battlefield.

brentcarter
03-27-2018, 10:38 AM
Just did a Captain pledge myself... Looking forward joining you on the battlefield.

Welcome to the forum and the game!

MtnPatriot
03-28-2018, 12:10 AM

Glad to have you! Rather new myself, and don't regret the decision one bit. I'm sure you'll enjoy not only the gameplay as it is, but also the great community.

Cynfar
04-15-2018, 01:36 PM
Finally I got myself the Captain pledge too! So on which side are more german players? :D

brentcarter
04-15-2018, 02:09 PM
Finally I got myself the Captain pledge too! So on which side are more german players? :D

Union seems to have more, but the CSA has the better and friendlier ones :-P

You are welcome with us 3rd Alabama company A mixed EU company(we also have Germans!!)
Or I would suggest the 18th North Carolina which are really friendly

Wittmann
04-15-2018, 04:47 PM
Glad to have you! Rather new myself, and don't regret the decision one bit. I'm sure you'll enjoy not only the gameplay as it is, but also the great community.

You'll find that both CSA and Union companies have dedicated German companies, the 6th has Italion, french, Irish and American platoons/companies. Whatever you choose enjoy m8

von-Winkler
04-22-2018, 09:22 PM
Very friendly of you Carter. The 18th thanks for advertising

brentcarter
04-22-2018, 09:56 PM
Very friendly of you Carter. The 18th thanks for advertising

More then welcome brothers! 18th NC is a very fine company

Vampire
04-22-2018, 10:52 PM
Wanting to buy the Captain pledge, but every time I try to purchase it using a non-reloadable, pre-paid visa card I get the message "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

Are these kind of cards not acceptable? Sorry if this is topic derailing.

TrustyJam
04-22-2018, 11:55 PM
Wanting to buy the Captain pledge, but every time I try to purchase it using a non-reloadable, pre-paid visa card I get the message "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

Are these kind of cards not acceptable? Sorry if this is topic derailing.

Hello,

Please contact the PayPal support team regarding payment methods and issues specific to PayPal. :)

- Trusty

Ivory
04-26-2018, 03:35 PM
Found this game surfing youtube. Cant belive this game has been under my nose all this time. Pledged my support. Big ACW fan, grew up around the CW and Rev War battlefields of Southern VA (Yorktown, Petersburg, Great Bridge etc.)

Bobby Ransom
04-26-2018, 04:40 PM
Found this game surfing youtube. Cant belive this game has been under my nose all this time. Pledged my support. Big ACW fan, grew up around the CW and Rev War battlefields of Southern VA (Yorktown, Petersburg, Great Bridge etc.)

If you are under southern influence! Join Us the 22nd VA Battalion!

TrustyJam
04-26-2018, 09:48 PM

Thank you for supporting the development of the game! :)

- Trusty

A. P. Hill
04-26-2018, 10:39 PM
Welcome Captain!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrrmNpGYH28

Ivory
04-26-2018, 11:41 PM
Actually Lt. General :) Always happy to support interesting new games and the ACW is near and dear to my heart.

Ohm I God
05-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Just made a Captain Tier pledge and wanted to drop a line saying hello to the community. Looking forward to joining a company and seeing you all on the battlefield!

Charles Rex
05-01-2018, 10:44 PM
Just made a Captain Tier pledge and wanted to drop a line saying hello to the community. Looking forward to joining a company and seeing you all on the battlefield!

Welcome aboard!

Bleddyn
05-02-2018, 03:52 AM
Looking forward to joining a company and seeing you all on the battlefield!

Welcome! There are a few North Carolina companies mustered already, a couple with 60+ members.

Of course if you are not particular about being in a NC company, 1st. Texas Co. F (https://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?777-1st-Texas-Infantry-Company-F-quot-Woodville-Rifles-quot) needs just a handful more recruits for a full compliment! :cool:

Hope you enjoy the game. See you on the battlefield!

Horten
05-03-2018, 07:03 PM
Also new at WoR and eager to join a Company from Georgia. Hoping for some nice Battles with you guys.

Ezra Baldwin
05-03-2018, 08:26 PM
Also new at WoR and eager to join a Company from Georgia. Hoping for some nice Battles with you guys.

Welcome to the game Horten! You'll find very helpful people in game and here in the forums. You can do a search in the Company Tool on the main website and narrow it down to state, so you should be able to find a company from Georgia. See you on the battlefield.

Warboy
05-03-2018, 10:25 PM
1st Georgia is one of the biggest, best and most active regiments, join us in company A while there's still spots left!!!

Horten
05-04-2018, 08:40 AM
1st Georgia is one of the biggest, best and most active regiments, join us in company A while there's still spots left!!!

I joined the 2nd, but after getting my friend request declined by the Cpt. of this company, im going to switch to the first. You guys also seem more active.

Saint
05-04-2018, 04:27 PM
Looking for a CSA Calvary or Artillery regiment!

Larson
05-04-2018, 04:59 PM
Looking for a CSA Calvary or Artillery regiment!

Cavalry I Suggest to join the 4th Virginia Cavalry.

Or form your own cav company.

-Larson

Warboy
05-04-2018, 07:58 PM
Cobbs Legion in second corps is a cav unit and active too, however long ways away before we have cavalry implemented in the game

General Moose
05-04-2018, 11:26 PM
Just pledged as well, super excited to try this game out!

Larson
05-04-2018, 11:52 PM
Just pledged as well, super excited to try this game out!

Are you looking for a company if you are come join the 22ndVA!

Saint
05-05-2018, 02:41 PM
Cavalry I Suggest to join the 4th Virginia Cavalry.

Or form your own cav company.

-Larson

4th Virginia pretty active? I can form my own company. I know the tactics and commands to do it. (Getting my masters in history) I'd rather join up with a established group though.

Warboy
05-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Come join the 1st Georgia regiment, we're looking to fill up our second company and we've been here since the beginning - over 150 members. just apply to 1st Georgia company A on company tool and I will get you added and setup with our steam group and team speak server!!!

brentcarter
05-05-2018, 06:00 PM
3rd Alabama company. A friendly bunch of guys active with consideration of your personal life . Drill with us today 2pm est / 20:00 GMT

Saint
05-05-2018, 07:29 PM
Looked for ya Brent I dont see but 2 -3 people in the drill camps :/

Larson
05-05-2018, 08:36 PM
Looked for ya Brent I dont see but 2 -3 people in the drill camps :/

join the 22nd VA! we will drill tonight 8 est

Myth
05-13-2018, 06:47 AM
Also just bought captain pledge.

Bleddyn
05-13-2018, 11:35 AM
Welcome to the game!

BlockadeRunner
07-18-2018, 06:34 PM
I don't even have a PC yet and I pledged captain last night. I'm getting one just to play War of Rights actually. Can't wait. Haven't been this excited for a game since Verdun and Red Orchestra 2.

7th. TN. F. Carroll
07-18-2018, 06:45 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarofRights/ - Check out the unofficial FB page, to help build the community, schedule events and better unify our companies

Vulcarin
07-18-2018, 07:17 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarofRights/ - Check out the unofficial FB page, to help build the community, schedule events and better unify our companies

Who made this site?

A. P. Hill
07-18-2018, 11:38 PM
What's facebook?

StonewallJameson
07-19-2018, 11:27 AM
So I'm curious, since I'm a new player myself, that I'd like to ask veteran players. Does anyone else like to get into the Drill Camps in the wee hours of the morning, when you've got the whole place to yourself, and bang away at the firing range? It's quickly becoming a nightly ritual, something very soothing and satisfying about it.

Riversong
07-29-2018, 07:04 PM
Looking forward to playing. There should be more historical games being developed. There is nothing better than learning history.

ktrain10
08-14-2018, 05:47 PM
I also just joined the alpha. Game is very impressive. Does anyone know when peak times to play online are with the servers? Last night when I bought it I was one of 4 people who were on.
Regards,

SwingKid148
08-14-2018, 06:54 PM
I also just joined the alpha. Game is very impressive. Does anyone know when peak times to play online are with the servers? Last night when I bought it I was one of 4 people who were on.
Regards,

Check out: https://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?5430-Weekend-Community-Line-Battle-Events&p=81024&viewfull=1#post81024

I do not know about the EU events as I am unable to attend those but the NA events for Sunday/Monday are nearly packed. The 9th NY drills Friday/Saturday, so we do not attend those events as they are usually light anyways.

Warboy
08-15-2018, 02:01 AM
Saturday nights always have at least 80-100 people and I highly encourage EVERYONE to go to Saturday events...bad enough that people only choose to go to the more busier ones on Sunday's and Monday evening's, why restrict yourself to less events (WoR is pretty dead throughout the week so it's not like you get much opportunity anyways) we're testers and the more we test the further/faster this game/project will move along. I can only speak for 1st Georgia but I believe we're the most active regiment in the game, we do 2 events and a drill on Saturdays, 2 events and a combined 2nd corps drill on Sundays and the Monday evening events.

8LacK5naK3
09-08-2018, 11:19 PM
Still trying to get my captain badge to show up on the forum...... Tried 3 times so far using the same address I signed up via paypal with, clicking the links, and yet I am still the anonymous forum user...

BergT
10-08-2018, 11:19 PM
Pledged a for SGT, but after 2 weeks i increased my pledge to CPT. Ive been waiting for a game like this for a long time, will be fun to finally get started

JDwoody
10-13-2018, 07:03 AM
I got buyer’s remorse tbh when I first bought the game but now I love it!

klaudius
10-15-2018, 09:30 AM
I got the Captain 13/10-18 and got some friends to buy the access too .. now we wonder when we actually will get access and can "fumble" around in the game since that option didnt showed up yet - well, we didnt even get the option of the download yet ?

Leifr
10-15-2018, 09:35 AM
You should have received an email with your Steam keys included, check your junk inbox.
Otherwise, you may have to contact TrustyJam or Fancy SweetRoll about this.

klaudius
10-15-2018, 10:48 AM
Hmmm .. didnt get anything from anyone, not even in the junk :S , neither did my mates :(

Ill have to contact those guys asap i guess :S ..

klaudius
10-15-2018, 01:17 PM
Dooooh - My mistake … thx for the extremely fast help from "Emil" /thumbs up !

Wilhelm Dunkel
02-19-2020, 06:47 PM
Soooo cool!