PDA

View Full Version : Instruments

Shmann
07-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Hey

Will we see Instruments like in Napoleonic Wars? :)
Musicians and flagholder could improve morale and reloadspeed (like m&b).
Do you implement this type of class in your game and will we see these in the next field report? >-<

Brother_Padre
07-12-2015, 12:19 PM
I hope too see musicians in this game and i'm positive flag-bearers will be included. Even if they don't provide bonuses it would still be good have. Flags would be used as rallying points by regiments and musicians would just be something nice to have, maybe even a bugler to sound the commands in the organised battles.

Hinkel
07-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Instruments, same for buglers, are not planned for the first release.
The problem is, that those roles would give away an important place for a fighting soldier.. cause we want to have massiv battles.

Bugle calls, same for drum orders, were pretty important during civil war combats.. so those unique sounds might get added in officer commands or so. But those features are getting discussed at the moment :)

88thNY_InFaMY
07-20-2015, 04:54 AM
Issue I have with Instruments is that in NW and M&B they get abused and used more as a troll class then to actually provide people with the bonus and what not. So if they do get put in I wanna know if their is some plan to keep them from just being a class to annoy the piss out of everyone.

Octavian360
07-20-2015, 03:47 PM
Issue I have with Instruments is that in NW and M&B they get abused and used more as a troll class then to actually provide people with the bonus and what not. So if they do get put in I wanna know if their is some plan to keep them from just being a class to annoy the piss out of everyone.

Very much agreed haha

Hinkel
07-20-2015, 03:55 PM
So if they do get put in I wanna know if their is some plan to keep them from just being a class to annoy the piss out of everyone.

So.. what is your idea here? What can be done, to avoid trolling with them? How should that be limited? How should musicians work in WoR?
Pls tell us your suggestions :)

Simon445
07-20-2015, 07:44 PM
So.. what is your idea here? What can be done, to avoid trolling with them? How should that be limited? How should musicians work in WoR?

I think that servers should be coded in a way where they would automatically limit musician class, so lets say there is about 100 people on server, 5 musicians per nation. Same would go with flag barrier if you ask me. And when server population grows musician class would automatically open for few more spots.

Macca
07-20-2015, 07:57 PM

Of course, there's gonna be players who will join servers just to troll as musicians as they do in Napoleonic Wars. I think a smart way to avoid this is to cap the musician class if it is added. Only a small number of players can select musician. Then the responsibility from there on is on the admins of the server to kick players who select the class to troll.

Either way you look at it though, having musicians in the game would be a nice addition. It would be especially nice for regiments who want to play the game seriously and realistically. Just my opinion.

Bravescot
07-20-2015, 09:32 PM
I think musician should not only be capped but also limited by clan as well. Public should just be capped but Clans should have their own cap placed on them to stop musician troll regiments that can sometime spring up.

Octavian360
07-20-2015, 09:40 PM
Keep it realistic, have a distinct purpose for musicians (drummers and such).

88thNY_InFaMY
07-21-2015, 08:49 AM
I would not mind if they gave a boost or buff or hell you have to be a specific rank in order to use them so we know only serious players will have it.

Dipington
09-07-2015, 02:29 AM
in events, (if the regiment has enough to have flag bearers and musicians) there would be 2 flag bearers (1 for the regiment and 1 for the nation), 2 musicians being a fifer and a drummer, and a bugler for either joining in on the music, or playing commands for the regiment.

that's my idea atleast :p

Josy_Wales
09-07-2015, 07:29 PM
I know some people are going to disagree with me here (maby all :P), but to me musicians is not something I find necessary in the thick of battle. I would much rather see a infantry man or two in their place. And since the battles could last hours, who would want to go around with a drum the whole game? (not adjudicating intended). A bugle could be usefull at times, and drums and flutes could create a good atmosphere, but I cant see them being important enough to take an infantryman's place in a game like this.

I am also fully open minded on this, so if there are going to be all kinds of musicians its most likly a good thought behind it :)

Mi'kmaq
09-07-2015, 07:34 PM
I know some people are going to disagree with me here (maby all :P), but to me musicians is not something I find necessary in the thick of battle. I would much rather see a infantry man or two in their place. And since the battles could last hours, who would want to go around with a drum the whole game? (not adjudicating intended). A bugle could be usefull at times, and drums and flutes could create a good atmosphere, but I cant see them being important enough to take an infantryman's place in a game like this.

I am also fully open minded on this, so if there are going to be all kinds of musicians its most likly a good thought behind it :)

The game isn't meant to be just a shooter game, I know that sounds odd but hear me out. War of Rights is a Civil War game and a Civil War game has musicians, color bearers, etc. It's historically accurate. Attention to detail is very important. It's not a free for all shoot em up that pays little attention to detail and just makes the game fun for those who wish to blast an alien with a rail gun while sporting a paperboy cap and assless chaps.

http://thumbs.media.smithsonianmag.com//filer/Civil-War-soldiers-music-631.jpg__800x600_q85_crop.jpg

Josy_Wales
09-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Detail seems to be very important yes, but what I am saying is that I hope its a thought behind it and its not going to end up like a (gameplay wise) useless prop. I wouldnt mind them adding all istruments possible, but its not what I would want them to focus on over other things. I have nothing against instruments in this game, as long as its optional and I dont have to carry one.

Mi'kmaq
09-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Detail seems to be very important yes, but what I am saying is that I hope its a thought behind it and its not going to end up like a (gameplay wise) useless prop. I wouldnt mind them adding all istruments possible, but its not what I would want them to focus on over other things. I have nothing against instruments in this game, as long as its optional and I dont have to carry one.
In NW events, how it usually worked was that the people hosting the event would have a limit on the amount of musicians and the reg leaders would pick who goes as a musician and who doesn't.