PDA

View Full Version : Favorite weapons of the Civil War

Macca
07-20-2015, 03:54 PM
Thought I'd give this a go. Post images of your favorite weapons from the war!

I'd personally go for the Springfield Model 1863. It just looks so nice.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7f/Springfield_1863.jpg

Brother_Padre
07-20-2015, 04:30 PM
I like the 1851 Colt Navy .44. I don't know what it is, a mix of it looking damn sexy, the fact Josey Wales uses it or the fact that I have one but this would be my favourite. :cool:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Colt_Navy_51_Squarebeck.JPG

TrustyJam
07-20-2015, 04:50 PM
1851 navy here too. Don't like the square triggergaurd variant though.

- Trusty

Macca
07-20-2015, 06:52 PM
It does look quite nice.

Came across this earlier, the Elgin Cutlass Pistol. I'm sure that it was a terrible weapon, but still looks funny. Could use it when you run out of ammunition.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/Elgin_cutlass_pistol.jpg

Bravescot
07-20-2015, 08:29 PM
Give he a good Sharps Rifle and I'd be happy

Rithal
07-20-2015, 11:43 PM
It does look quite nice.

Came across this earlier, the Elgin Cutlass Pistol. I'm sure that it was a terrible weapon, but still looks funny. Could use it when you run out of ammunition.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/Elgin_cutlass_pistol.jpg

This looks like something you could use nicely aboard a ship to defend yourself against boarding parties. Waste one with a gun shot then proceed to use it as a dagger. Or... stab someone in the chest, then pull the trigger or.... sorry. I just have some many ideas on how to effectively use this weapon and look like a bad-ass while doing so.

Historical Player
07-21-2015, 12:44 AM
Thought I'd give this a go. Post images of your favorite weapons from the war!

I'd personally go for the Springfield Model 1863. It just looks so nice.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7f/Springfield_1863.jpg

I agree with you, I LOVE the Springfield! Especially the 1859 and 1863 models.

Macca
07-21-2015, 03:05 AM
This looks like something you could use nicely aboard a ship to defend yourself against boarding parties. Waste one with a gun shot then proceed to use it as a dagger. Or... stab someone in the chest, then pull the trigger or.... sorry. I just have some many ideas on how to effectively use this weapon and look like a bad-ass while doing so.

We think alike. When I saw the image for the first time earlier I sat there thinking of all the ways you could use it to kill someone. Came up with exactly the same ones as you!

And Historical Player, it is a lovely weapon!

Rithal
07-22-2015, 03:06 AM
We think alike. When I saw the image for the first time earlier I sat there thinking of all the ways you could use it to kill someone. Came up with exactly the same ones as you!

And Historical Player, it is a lovely weapon!

I will learn how to mod just so I can mod in this beast of a weapon into the game for those like us who want to enjoy the glorious gore-riddled possibilities it has to offer....

Macca
07-22-2015, 11:35 AM
I will learn how to mod just so I can mod in this beast of a weapon into the game for those like us who want to enjoy the glorious gore-riddled possibilities it has to offer....

Sounds good, I'd enjoy forcing the blade into someone's chest and then pulling the trigger. Lovely thought.

Brother_Padre
07-22-2015, 05:22 PM
Sounds good, I'd enjoy forcing the blade into someone's chest and then pulling the trigger. Lovely thought.

*Looking around in a frightened manner*

*Calls Cops*

:p

Mi'kmaq
07-26-2015, 09:38 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that.

Legion
07-26-2015, 10:45 PM
mine would be the whitworth rifle. it was used to great effect by confederate sharpshooters. this is said to be the rifle that killed general Union General John Sedgwick from 800-1000 yards. one thing about the south is that they could shoot lol. i hope that if they add this rifle to the game that they have the shrill whistling sound from the hexagonal bullets when they go by you.

TrustyJam
07-26-2015, 11:20 PM
mine would be the whitworth rifle. it was used to great effect by confederate sharpshooters. this is said to be the rifle that killed general Union General John Sedgwick from 800-1000 yards. one thing about the south is that they could shoot lol. i hope that if they add this rifle to the game that they have the shrill whistling sound from the hexagonal bullets when they go by you.

I like that rifle as well. If we add it, it'll be extremely rare though. One Whitworth was about 1000 dollars back then while a Springfield M1861 was $20. I've read that the CSA bought some 250 rifles in total - a very rare sight on the battlefield indeed. :)

- Trusty

Legion
07-27-2015, 12:06 AM
how would you make it rare? only a few people could have it or something?

Macca
07-27-2015, 03:04 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that.
Well, some of us have to have these thoughts ;)

how would you make it rare? only a few people could have it or something?
I'm guessing in-game there would be a limit on the amount of players who could select the weapon. I did some research on the Whitworth rifle and it was indeed an expensive firearm to purchase and was a rare sight on the battlefield. I'm probably guessing the limits would be a server side thing for server owners to decide how many players can select it.