PDA

View Full Version : Optimization

PeanutBudda
07-22-2015, 04:51 PM
I just saw your game today and i cant wait for it to come out, i like how big the maps are, 1:1 scale and i really like the reloading animation on how he puts his pinky on the ramrod in case of gun malfunction. But since is huge will it be laggy and not playable. Also are you keeping the same animations, don't get me wrong i like them but it just seems he goes into the next animation in a snap.

Rithal
07-23-2015, 12:49 AM
I can't speak on the question about optimization, however I'm sure all animations right now are a work in progress. I doubt the majority of things we see are in there final form.

88thNY_InFaMY
07-23-2015, 03:27 PM
That is what I assume skirmish test is for being a stress test sort of speak.

zimmer1lb
07-24-2015, 03:07 PM
Wouldn't the engine they are using help in that regard??? This would not be possible a few years ago. I run RTW2 on maximum graphics and the DEI mod with max unit size. Only slow down is when fighting in a fortified city...........and that isn't too bad even then.

zimm out

Rithal
07-24-2015, 10:29 PM
Wouldn't the engine they are using help in that regard??? This would not be possible a few years ago. I run RTW2 on maximum graphics and the DEI mod with max unit size. Only slow down is when fighting in a fortified city...........and that isn't too bad even then.

zimm out

Well running a strategy game with unit combat is a lot different than running a game where each figure is controlled by a player, requires a good internet connection between players and the server, and does not have scripted fighting between individual soldiers. Not to mention the different engines and level of detail from a first person view which is different than the level of detail from a floating camera in the sky.

zimmer1lb
07-29-2015, 03:52 PM
Well running a strategy game with unit combat is a lot different than running a game where each figure is controlled by a player, requires a good internet connection between players and the server, and does not have scripted fighting between individual soldiers. Not to mention the different engines and level of detail from a first person view which is different than the level of detail from a floating camera in the sky.

I certainly hope lag won't be a problem. As you say, that is a lot of stuff.

zimm out

88thNY_InFaMY
07-29-2015, 05:27 PM
We will find this out in skirmish test my guess is the test is a big ol stress test.

Rithal
07-30-2015, 05:34 AM
I certainly hope lag won't be a problem. As you say, that is a lot of stuff.

zimm out

I also hope it won't be a problem. While we are discussing engines and such, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I'm wondering if it will be supported by the early skirmish versions, or really if the os version could have any affect at all. :)

Fancy Sweetroll
07-30-2015, 09:38 AM
I also hope it won't be a problem. While we are discussing engines and such, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I'm wondering if it will be supported by the early skirmish versions, or really if the os version could have any affect at all. :)

While we haven't tested it ourselves yet on Windows 10. I have heard that Cryengine should be supported on it with no problem at all.

zimmer1lb
07-30-2015, 01:14 PM

A friend of mine had been gone from WWIIOL for a good while. When he came back his graphics were missing huge chunks. He just installed Windows 10 and he said it cleared up. And that was on an engine being used in the late 90s. So..........?

zimm out

Rithal
07-30-2015, 09:09 PM
While we haven't tested it ourselves yet on Windows 10. I have heard that Cryengine should be supported on it with no problem at all.

That's good to know. I have been having some issues with some GTA V mods since getting Windows 10, so you never know until you ask. Thanks! :D