PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Mode

Mi'kmaq
07-29-2015, 03:49 PM
This is inspired by the hunting mode in Battlefront 2. Players must hunt for their unit because they're low on food. Raccoons, deer, squirrel, rabbit, dove, quail, etc. Now here comes the challenging part. An enemy unit is hunting for food as well. The more animals you kill, the higher your score. One team reaches {insert score} and they win. I also thought of a more challenging aspect to this mode. More realistic gun mechanics. Harder to aim, more manuel reload, gun breaking, louder sounds, no HUD, etc. The animals dont go down in one shot all the time and various other things.

Rithal
07-30-2015, 05:38 AM
It definitely sounds interesting, however I would suggest a different take on hunting. I think I heard somewhere that the full battle mode will have a day night cycle. At night or in the early morning, units could send men out to hunt. The more food that is collected and brought back, the more sprinting stamina they have the next day. This could be on a unit to unit basis, or on a army to army basis. The same could work for water and finding a clean water source, or securing enough ammo for the next fight. :D

William
07-30-2015, 06:27 AM
Nice Idea for a mini game but not essential for the main game i think ^^

Octavian360
07-30-2015, 02:32 PM
I think they would have to reclassify the game as a survival based game rather than fps. If this was apart of the core game, I would not be happy.

Historical Player
07-30-2015, 03:15 PM
I have to agree with Octavian on this one. It wouldn't feel like A Civil War game then.

Rithal
07-30-2015, 09:18 PM
I have to agree with Octavian on this one. It wouldn't feel like A Civil War game then.

I think the opposite. A system like this would put you even more into the soldier's shoes. There was a whole lot more to the Civil War than just the fighting :D

Macca
07-31-2015, 05:50 AM
I think the opposite. A system like this would put you even more into the soldier's shoes. There was a whole lot more to the Civil War than just the fighting :D

Yes, however, the armies were provided with food and weren't expected to go out and find their own. This system wouldn't be a wise idea in my opinion.

Paul
07-31-2015, 07:02 AM
Definitely a no from me. The game is not an RPG or a RPing Life game. I think ambient animals in the battlefield are fine and should be included, and then you can decide what you do when you see one, but having a game mode about killing animals for points against another team is just silly and does not come close to matching what this game is about. If you want to do something like this however, you should be able host a private server with your friends and a sandbox/training setting for anything you want to do, from RP, Training to unofficial game types you just make up, like this. Obviously no point systems or anything fancy would be in a mode like this, it would all up to you.

Mi'kmaq
07-31-2015, 07:46 AM
:0 a sandbox mode would be amazing!

Rithal
07-31-2015, 08:37 AM
Yes, however, the armies were provided with food and weren't expected to go out and find their own. This system wouldn't be a wise idea in my opinion.

They weren't always provided with adequate rations. Especially on the southern side. Many men foraged and hunted on their own for more proper food. What I'm suggesting is an off-shoot of the OP's idea. I would like this to be integrated into a battle that consists of several days and nights, sped up of course. At night time and in the morning, men from each unit could go out foraging for wild animals, food from fields and gardens, and streams for fresh water. The food that is found and brought back could contribute to that unit's stamina in the next engagement, meaning they could march and run faster and longer.

I am in no way suggesting some sort of mini-game in which points are rewarded to each team for each animal killed. I'm thinking of ways that foraging could affect the battle. An army can't fight on an empty or almost empty stomach ;)

Mi'kmaq
07-31-2015, 09:05 AM
They weren't always provided with adequate rations. Especially on the southern side. Many men foraged and hunted on their own for more proper food. What I'm suggesting is an off-shoot of the OP's idea. I would like this to be integrated into a battle that consists of several days and nights, sped up of course. At night time and in the morning, men from each unit could go out foraging for wild animals, food from fields and gardens, and streams for fresh water. The food that is found and brought back could contribute to that unit's stamina in the next engagement, meaning they could march and run faster and longer.

I am in no way suggesting some sort of mini-game in which points are rewarded to each team for each animal killed. I'm thinking of ways that foraging could affect the battle. An army can't fight on an empty or almost empty stomach ;)

Ew, mini-game. Not what im suggesting either. It would be a mode of survival. Very tense, stressful, and hard. You must hunt while worrying about the enemy in the woods,

Rithal
07-31-2015, 06:02 PM
Ew, mini-game. Not what im suggesting either. It would be a mode of survival. Very tense, stressful, and hard. You must hunt while worrying about the enemy in the woods,

Meh. If it is in the game, I see it as more of an optional activity to do during the nights and morning to give the entire regiment a stamina buff the next day.

Price
08-01-2015, 12:48 AM
When I first read this post, I imagined sort of like a group of 5 confederates all with different loadouts 'hunting' in the forest for another 5 union soldiers and it was sort of like whichever team survived the slaughter wins.. I mean this could be a good concept of a gametype, I can sort of imagine having like some union dudes hiding in the bushes around a dirt footpath in the middle of a forest, While unsuspecting confederates are just marching by searching for the enemy.. Until boom, The action begins..

Mi'kmaq
08-01-2015, 02:06 AM
When I first read this post, I imagined sort of like a group of 5 confederates all with different loadouts 'hunting' in the forest for another 5 union soldiers and it was sort of like whichever team survived the slaughter wins.. I mean this could be a good concept of a gametype, I can sort of imagine having like some union dudes hiding in the bushes around a dirt footpath in the middle of a forest, While unsuspecting confederates are just marching by searching for the enemy.. Until boom, The action begins..
Lel, I had an image of a Union soldier chasing a boar and a Confederate sharpshooter nailing him in the head with a bullet.

Bravescot
08-03-2015, 12:13 AM
smallest game killed with the biggest weapon possible should be the aim!

Jeremiah O'Brien
08-03-2015, 12:49 AM
smallest game killed with the biggest weapon possible should be the aim!

*rolls out the field artillery*

Bravescot
08-03-2015, 01:03 AM
*rolls out the field artillery*

*Roll out heavy emplacement artillery*

Historical Player
08-03-2015, 06:55 PM
*Sees A Herd Of Deer* PREPARE CANNISTER SHOT!!!!!

Bravescot
08-03-2015, 09:04 PM
*Sees A Herd Of Deer* PREPARE CANNISTER SHOT!!!!!

Hmmmmm seems too big a game to shoot with a cannon. See that rabbit over there *point at a distant hill* THAT is what you want to be aiming at with your cannon.

MilitantMonkey
08-03-2015, 09:49 PM
Skeet shooting with canister shot... Yes?

Historical Player
08-04-2015, 05:18 AM
Hmmmmm seems too big a game to shoot with a cannon. See that rabbit over there *point at a distant hill* THAT is what you want to be aiming at with your cannon.

Ready! Aim! Goodbye Thumper. FIRE!

Macca
08-12-2015, 03:34 AM
Ready! Aim! Goodbye Thumper. FIRE!

Sounds about right!

Historical Player
08-18-2015, 04:51 PM
Sounds about right!

Yep. "Killing Bambi" Mod.

Bravescot
08-18-2015, 11:20 PM
Yep. "Killing Bambi" Mod.

Have the entire army hunt a single white stags. Who ever gets the kill is insta promoted :cool:

Simon445
08-19-2015, 12:21 PM
It's a good idea, but it doesn't really fit in this game, then you will get another Survival Game that will be set in 1860s.

Rithal
08-19-2015, 10:42 PM
It's a good idea, but it doesn't really fit in this game, then you will get another Survival Game that will be set in 1860s.

Nah. It would just turn into more of an rpg. The main element would still be the combat though. Any extras would merely be optional immersive stuff that gives you buffs during combat.

Pvt.Scott
08-20-2015, 10:21 PM
I don't think its a good idea because if ur told to go out and find food and then ur unit gets ambushed and then u just missed playing the game because u had to find food

Mi'kmaq
08-20-2015, 10:32 PM
I don't think its a good idea because if ur told to go out and find food and then ur unit gets ambushed and then u just missed playing the game because u had to find food
That's what makes it a challenge :D No one wants to die.

Pvt.Scott
08-20-2015, 11:22 PM
yeah but when your at boot camp and the drill Sargent comes to u and says "why are u here soldier!" your going say "TO GO HUNT ANIMALS WHILE MY REGIMENT GETS AMBUSHED AND KILLED SIR!"

TrustyJam
08-20-2015, 11:34 PM
Won't be any hunting mode. Go play http://www.thehunter.com/ if you're interested in online hunting.

- Trusty

Pvt.Scott
08-20-2015, 11:47 PM
trusty has put this dispute to rest. if u want to hunt go play thehunter.-TrustyJam

Mi'kmaq
08-21-2015, 12:51 AM
trusty has put this dispute to rest. If u want to hunt go play thehunter.-trustyjam
this thread shall never die!

TrustyJam
08-21-2015, 12:54 AM
this thread shall never die!

Wrong. Closing since it really doesn't serve any purpose keeping it open.

- Trusty