PDA

View Full Version : 30-7-2015 Nineteenth field report: Graphical Updates

Fancy Sweetroll
07-30-2015, 03:08 PM
Nineteenth field report: Graphical Updates posted 30-07-2015 CLICK TO VIEW (http://www.warofrights.com/FieldReport19.aspx)

Shmann
07-30-2015, 03:24 PM
A short but nice field report. Thanks for that.
I prefer plan B, because you dont get only new artists and programmers you also get some money for your really great work so far!
Everything you do is okay as long as you dont cancel this project... you would destroy many dreams.

Historical Player
07-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Yay a new field report! I love the new graphics, but I do think you should go with Plan B. I would be happy to help in any way that I can. (Which isn't much because the only thing I could do is research and get the history spot on). :) Maybe you can release the skirmishes a bit early to help get the money.

Octavian360
07-30-2015, 04:59 PM
I would go for plan B and get an early access version out on steam; from almost every hyped up early access (e.g: H1Z1, ARK) people will pay to experience it - instant cash for you.

It may also be worth discussing with Universities both in EU and the US in setting up some sort of internship program between your two entities for programming. It could be free to low paid internships, you would get the help you needed and they would get experience in the industry.

Keep up the motivation and drive, it will pay off in the end!

Rithal
07-30-2015, 08:55 PM
I think we all would be more than happy to help out in a crowd funding campaign. However, this community isn't very large at the moment. We have right around 100 people active right now, noted, it has gotten bigger, but a crowdfunding campaign would really need to reach out to a lot of people for it to be successful. To give everyone an idea, if everyone who was active donated 20 U.S dollars to this project, that is $2100. If everyone who is registered on the site donated 20 U.S dollars, that is $9,880.

I don't know how much money ya'll foresee that we will need in a plan B action, but I definitely think we should get ahead of the game and start making major movements towards getting as many people interested in this as possible. I have taken up the route of contacting important people in different gaming groups, just asking them to check it out. They all instantly love it say they will spread the word. I suggest everyone attempts to take actions like this. I want this game to be a reality. :)

~Lawrence~
07-31-2015, 02:12 AM
Plan B sounds interesting... I don't know how much money will be drawn from it because the community now is not very large. In time it will grow, obviously, but the money needed to get these programmers will not come from the campaign alone. I hope this can be released.

RhettVito
07-31-2015, 03:38 AM
Go with the plan B and we can all donate and we can also send it to everyone we know. Like you guys could do a video about the game showing it off and asking for donation's within the video .

MilitantMonkey
07-31-2015, 05:28 AM
The video that George commentated on would be perfect to showcase the game! However, possibly an updated one would be better that includes many of the new features that have been released and could include soldiers marching around.

I appreciate plan B, however, I agree that since our community is fairly small, the funding may not be what could be potential. I could predict that the crowdfunding campaign would open the eyes of many more people, including a vast majority of the NaS community. Also, side-note, I recommend reaching out to members of the Verdun community since they, like us, are avid historical gamers.

Macca
07-31-2015, 05:52 AM
I know I'm not a developer and have never developed a game, however, I would highly suggest that you guys continue searching for freelance programmers who know what the are doing and what not, or low priced ones.

If that doesn't go to plan then hell, go with B. I'm certain the community will donate spare cash in order to see this game completed.

Octavian360
07-31-2015, 02:04 PM
I hold to the belief that once this gets on a big platform [such as steam] it will have no issues with money. The struggle is getting it from point A to point B in a functional manner.

TrustyJam
07-31-2015, 03:33 PM
To clear things up a bit. Plan B is indeed about a crowdfunding campaign on a crowdfunding platform such as Kickstarter - hopefully far more people than what our lovely community can muster will thus see it (and pledge!).

Thank you all for how you've received this info by the way. Been a very positive experience overall. :)

- Trusty

Shmann
07-31-2015, 03:36 PM
To clear things up a bit. Plan B is indeed about a crowdfunding campaign on a crowdfunding platform such as Kickstarter - hopefully far more people than what our lovely community can muster will thus see it (and pledge!).

Thank you all for how you've received this info by the way. Been a very positive experience overall. :)

- Trusty

What do you think about indiegogo?
I think this platform should be safer and better for your project

TrustyJam
07-31-2015, 03:44 PM
What do you think about indiegogo?
I think this platform should be safer and better for your project

It might be safer (keep what you get mechanic) - but it is also less known so the amount of people we'll be able to reach will be significant less. However, we are quite a ways off of making any decisions of that sort still - need to research all available options properly first.

- Trusty

[RG]Chewie
07-31-2015, 04:34 PM
Any luck with steam greenlight?

[RG]Chewie
07-31-2015, 04:34 PM
if so you could use that as a way to get the word out for crowdfunding

RhettVito
07-31-2015, 04:56 PM
War of Rights Video idea for crowdfunding

Clip 1 War of Rights Intro 5 Sec
Clip 2 Text on Screen 5 Seconds September 17, 1862. 10-20 Seconds Time early morning Union and Confederate men in uniform forming ranks the sound of drums and the seen of a camp .
Clip 3 10 Seconds fade in Time early morning Union Regiment in ranks marching fade out .Fade in 5 Sec Time early morning Confederate Regiment in ranks marching Fade out .

Clip 4 12 Seconds Text on screen Sound * of gun and cannon fire *
The hottest place I ever saw on this earth or want to see hereafter. There were shot, shells, and Minie balls sweeping the face of the earth; legs, arms, and other parts of human bodies were flying in the air like straw in a whirlwind. The dogs of war were loose, and ‘havoc’ was their cry
One of Hood’s 4th Texans

Clip 5 Fadein 10-15 secs 6th Wisconsin Atvancing through Cornfield Cannon explosion hiting around them and One cannon ball hiting some were in the ranks dirt and smoke filling the ranks .
Clip 6 Text 12 Seconds “
As we appeared at the edge of the cornfield], a long line of men in butternut and gray rose up from the ground. Simultaneously, the hostile battle lines opened a tremendous fire upon each other. Men, I can not say fell; they were knocked out of the ranks by dozens.”
Rufus Dawes of the 6th Wisconsin
Clip 7 30 Seconds 6th Wisconsin and rest of birgade atvance to fence at cornfield and see a line Confederate men rise up and fire Union takeing alot of hits then take cover behind fence and fire back at confederate line Confederate line men being shot down
2nd Wisconsin
19th Indiana
6th Wisconsin
7th Wisconsin
Clip 8 10 Seconds Union troops Charge 5 Seconds 5 Seconds Zooming out of The Corn Field of the union troops chargeing the seen of men wounded Union and Confederate with smoke covering the field .
Clip 9 End of Clip War Of Rights link and any other stuff

88thNY_InFaMY
07-31-2015, 07:34 PM
Steam is always a good way to go but I agree plan B would be the best bet.

Bravescot
08-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Finally got to see this! I am over the moon to see the hard work you guys are putting in coming to such great results.

zimmer1lb
08-01-2015, 11:02 PM
I also like plan B. An off the wall idea........a philanthropist?? That could be an entity with no-strings-attached sort of deal. Would advertising on places like ModDB or Nexus work?? Appreciate all your work guys. (praying to the game gods)

zimm out

Szotu
08-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Go with B! Its better idea in my opinion. Lot of men will get the game, and you will earn some monies.

DDOS
08-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Well, I think that beterr is to release plan B. You will earn some money and fix some lags.

William
08-04-2015, 07:56 AM
Awsome :D nice one can´t Wait go go go Campfire Games :D

~Lawrence~
08-04-2015, 09:23 PM
The GI looks really nice by the way, can't wait to see it in game :p

hobbitcankill
08-05-2015, 04:33 PM
I like it....

TrevorRat
08-05-2015, 10:13 PM
I like this new lighting system that is being used, might kill some PC's but Im willing to go along with it

TrustyJam
08-05-2015, 10:26 PM
I like this new lighting system that is being used, might kill some PC's but Im willing to go along with it

If we are to kill PC's it surely won't be by our lighting. :)

- Trusty

Thor Steinar
08-10-2015, 09:17 PM
If we are to kill PC's it surely won't be by our lighting. :)

- Trusty

It would be awesome if you could kill our PC's with smoke. Lots and lots of smoke. ;)

Bravescot
08-11-2015, 06:03 PM
It would be awesome if you could kill our PC's with smoke. Lots and lots of smoke. ;)

*Nick Cage voice* Not the smoke! Nooooo not the smoke!

Mi'kmaq
08-12-2015, 04:49 AM
Truly amazing

Macca
08-12-2015, 05:29 PM

Please no, not smoke, too much smoke!

Bravescot
08-12-2015, 11:25 PM
Please no, not smoke, too much smoke!

I lag on North and South already!

Skipper
08-18-2015, 09:16 AM
I really hope that if it comes to an end and the game is complete ... don't make it pay to win with premium accounts or such things. That ruined many many good games. But you are working pretty well on this Game :D I am hungry for any new Field report ;D

WalterSobchak71
08-18-2015, 12:11 PM
I agree with most that Plan B is the best. I know I would help fund.

Historical Player
08-18-2015, 04:54 PM
I lag on North and South already!

How?? Do you have a Dell 1997 Potato?

Bravescot
08-18-2015, 11:24 PM
How?? Do you have a Dell 1997 Potato?

No it's an Dell 1996 Onion

Historical Player
08-19-2015, 04:13 PM
No it's an Dell 1996 Onion

Wow, you and your Onion are in my prayers.

Pvt.Scott
08-20-2015, 11:14 PM
Plan B sounds better because u don't want to rush on something important and u get more community support

Bravescot
08-22-2015, 05:40 PM
Plan B sounds better because u don't want to rush on something important and u get more community support

^This guy knows what's up!

Ted
08-30-2015, 04:31 PM
Plan B sounds best - remember Kingdom Come: Deliverance.....

Pvt.Scott
08-30-2015, 09:25 PM
That's what ruined heroes and Generals it WAS THE MOST STUPIDEST GAME EVER CREATED you got sniped everywhere and it was laggy as fuck. PLZ DO NOT MAKE TIS GAME LIKE HEROES AND GENRALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrustyJam
08-30-2015, 09:50 PM
That's what ruined heroes and Generals it WAS THE MOST STUPIDEST GAME EVER CREATED you got sniped everywhere and it was laggy as fuck. PLZ DO NOT MAKE TIS GAME LIKE HEROES AND GENRALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fail to see what this has got to do with the topic. Stay on topic please.

- Trusty

Mi'kmaq
08-31-2015, 01:39 AM
With all these kewl graphics, is there an idea of what type of PC it would take to run such dankness? I mean, I'd imagine the specs are going to be similar to maybe Crysis 2 and 3, but that's a guess with little evidence xD

TrustyJam
08-31-2015, 10:42 AM
Crysis 3 and Ryse are good benchmarks.

- Trusty

Octavian360
08-31-2015, 03:36 PM
Can we get an update soon about where you Developers are at with WoR, since your last post?

TrustyJam
08-31-2015, 04:07 PM
Can we get an update soon about where you Developers are at with WoR, since your last post?

Hard at work. :)

- Trusty

Shmann
08-31-2015, 05:48 PM
Are there any news about your lost developers? Did you contact them successfully or did you find replacement for them?

TrustyJam
08-31-2015, 07:13 PM
Are there any news about your lost developers? Did you contact them successfully or did you find replacement for them?

Lost developers?

Our issues are primarily based on the lack of any funding, thus forcing us to rely solely on spare time, free work.

- Trusty

Shmann
08-31-2015, 10:54 PM
Sorry, I missunderstood the field report.
I wish you good luck to solve your issues :)

Dohvakiin
09-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Hello guys,
As new member and first post, i would like to ask Dev. of the game some questions and all members of course.
Im Alex from Serbia and to be precise - is there any beta version of game, which we can test on our PC's? *like a demo, or test-server.
However, my second question is for devlopers. Are you used only cryengine or you mixed with Maya, Unreal Engine for example, because visual details is preety cool.
I work in CryEngine 3.6 at home, but i just can't believe it's a v3.x .. Is it? Or the newest v4? :o

Hinkel
09-09-2015, 07:23 PM
Hello,
welcome to the forum.

There is no "beta" version of this game. You can test the game, when we release the first skirmish package. But it won't be a free demo or so.
We are just using cryengine. All screenshots are made in the actual developer version we have atm, which is running on cryengine 3.8 :)

We are not using any cryengine props or environment stuff, everything is hand made. Thats why its looking so cool ;)

Dohvakiin
09-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Yeah. Anyway it's look great. But check this. Maybe in near future it can improve your 'game desing skills', i mean, its a reasson why i asked if you mixing some programs.
Grass detail (flying on wind), fog, distance... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFvdK6ZPBN0)