PDA

View Full Version : In response To New Field Report

Historical Player
07-30-2015, 03:36 PM
I was very excited to read the new report, and I hate to see that Campfire games is having financial troubles, but I have some suggestions. Release Skirmishes now and let us play around with the game. That way you all make extra money, and we can spot anything that is wrong with the game, and help improve it. I think I may speak for all of us at the forum when I say that is you ever need our help just ask! I am willing to help Campfire Games in anyway that I can because I want to see this game released. I have spent many hours telling my friends about this game, and trying to get them involved in the community. Overall, I want to see this game released, and any way that you can make the release the best it can would be greatly appreciated!

TrustyJam
07-30-2015, 03:40 PM
Thank you for your suggestions and kind words.

Skirmishes is not in a releaseable state and won't be before we'll be able to secure a more permanent programming team.

- Trusty

Shmann
07-30-2015, 03:44 PM
That would be nice of course, but I think that a release in this moment isnt realistic. Maybe they dont have a stable netcode or something and if they have financial problems they couldnīt pay for they multiplayer servers. I also think that they dont have a serverclient for unofficial servers. If the project could run so far they would release it, but thats only my opinion. A crowdfunding campaign is a fast and effective solution. You gain money and get new community members.
I also want to help Campfire Games as much as I can!

If you want to launch a crowdfunding campaign you should use indiegogo and not kickstarter.
On indiegogo you get all of the money to 100% and on kickstarter you need to complete your goal.

Octavian360
07-30-2015, 05:58 PM
I made a few points in the latest report: 1. Go with Plan B of Crowdfunding along with pushing out Skirmishes asap on Steam as an early access = profit. 2. Get in contact with Universities both in US and EU about setting up an internship program this way you get free or low cost help with programmers.

Historical Player
07-30-2015, 07:35 PM
Thank you for your suggestions and kind words.

Skirmishes is not in a releaseable state and won't be before we'll be able to secure a more permanent programming team.

- Trusty

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I see where you all are coming from. I hope to see you all get the funding y'all deserve and make this the best Civil War game of all time!