PDA

View Full Version : Harriett Tubman on the $20 bill.

Mi'kmaq
07-31-2015, 07:15 AM
"Harriet Tubman Wins Vote To Replace Andrew Jackson On $20 Bill"

Oh boy, great choice, a Union spy, nice choice. Give me a break! This is a slap in the face to every Southerner in this country in my opinion. I respect her for helping slaves escape slavery, but it doesn't change the fact that she assisted the Union invasion of the South. Andrew Jackson isn't any better either.

I'd like to hear y'all's opinons! :)

Rithal
07-31-2015, 07:40 AM
Well I don't really think there is ever a case where a spy can take the place of a U.S president on a U.S bill. ;)

Sorry, but a man who led troops to defend our soil against a British invasion can have his face on whatever he wants. XD

Octavian360
07-31-2015, 01:02 PM
Its a political move to get an African-american on a piece of currency in my opinion.

zimmer1lb
07-31-2015, 01:26 PM
It hurts when, as you go through the years, you learn that all your heroes turn out to be not so glorious. Propaganda is an insidious, infectious disease.

zimm out

Mi'kmaq
07-31-2015, 04:49 PM
Its a political move to get an African-american on a piece of currency in my opinion.
You know, no one will say it, buts thats exactly it. I'm not being racist (Im a Melungeon and Cajun, so I am mixed) but the government uses blacks as a voting block. If one party can win over the minority vote, then they have a really good chance at winning the election. One party shows support for this action and BOOM theres millions of black voters on your side.

Rithal
07-31-2015, 05:30 PM
You know, no one will say it, buts thats exactly it. I'm not being racist (Im a Melungeon and Cajun, so I am mixed) but the government uses blacks as a voting block. If one party can win over the minority vote, then they have a really good chance at winning the election. One party shows support for this action and BOOM theres millions of black voters on your side.

There are many ideas like this circulating. Many "democrats" are "pro-immigration" and are for the (nonexistent) rights of illegal immigrants in an attempt to create yet another entire minority of people that vote for them. If what many people say is true, then it is disgusting that a party in our government is attempting to "pull some favors" for an entire ethnicity of people just to get their votes.

I for one don't even believe in a party system. I personally identify with right-wing libertarians but see no point to a two party system. It really is just an easy way for large groups of rich senators to fund the campaigns for candidates they deem are capable of obtaining certain positions in our government, and then making that candidate in debt to them for the rest of his or her political life. Because of this, there are people like Hillary Clinton who doesn't represent the beliefs of Hillary Clinton, but represents the beliefs of her entire party. Sorry, I'm rambling now. I just really hate the current situation in the federal government right now. :PPPPPPP

MawLr
07-31-2015, 06:36 PM
As an opinion from a Mexican, I can tell you that both African-Americans and Latinos are used for political benefit only, because their vote could define who wins and who losses as you said, however this is actually quite sad, in my honest opinion the US is starting to become Sweden, whatever you say against "minorities" is now considered racist and the minorities are always right, this is very inappropriate for the United States, I do not promote racism, but this is going too overboard on the anti-racism moves.

And yes, I have criollo relatives, it's also not fit for me to be racist.

Mi'kmaq
07-31-2015, 07:05 PM
There are many ideas like this circulating. Many "democrats" are "pro-immigration" and are for the (nonexistent) rights of illegal immigrants in an attempt to create yet another entire minority of people that vote for them. If what many people say is true, then it is disgusting that a party in our government is attempting to "pull some favors" for an entire ethnicity of people just to get their votes.

I for one don't even believe in a party system. I personally identify with right-wing libertarians but see no point to a two party system. It really is just an easy way for large groups of rich senators to fund the campaigns for candidates they deem are capable of obtaining certain positions in our government, and then making that candidate in debt to them for the rest of his or her political life. Because of this, there are people like Hillary Clinton who doesn't represent the beliefs of Hillary Clinton, but represents the beliefs of her entire party. Sorry, I'm rambling now. I just really hate the current situation in the federal government right now. :PPPPPPP Well, this is a political topic, so rambling is welcome :D . I am an Anarchist. I don't see the point in voting at all. Some Anarchists support Rand Paul, but I find it idiotic for any of us to support any politician. It simply doesn't make sense for an Anarchist to support a politician in government elections. I not only hate the the current and past situation of the federal government, I hate the federal government. In my opinion, the US died in 1861 when the North invaded the South. Some could say it ended when the US invaded Canada in 1812.

As an opinion from a Mexican, I can tell you that both African-Americans and Latinos are used for political benefit only, because their vote could define who wins and who losses as you said, however this is actually quite sad, in my honest opinion the US is starting to become Sweden, whatever you say against "minorities" is now considered racist and the minorities are always right, this is very inappropriate for the United States, I do not promote racism, but this is going too overboard on the anti-racism moves.

And yes, I have criollo relatives, it's also not fit for me to be racist.
I find it amazing to see a Latino see our situation as we see it. The Mexicans act like they have a right to live here because at one point in time it was controlled by Mexico. Well, the Mexicans that were already here when the US gained control of these territories are still here. People like to ignore the fact that there are groups like the Tejanos. Groups that have been here for hundreds of years. People need to learn the difference between an immigrant and native.

Historical Player
07-31-2015, 07:23 PM

Exactly! Blacks are angry because they can't always get their way, and they call everyone "racist" who doesn't agree with them. They go around making babies from one girl to the next just so they can get welfare checks, and then wear their pants halfway own their butt, and they are disgusting! I have a lot of friends who are black, so I know the culture as good as I know my own. Rant is over

Mi'kmaq
07-31-2015, 07:50 PM
Exactly! Blacks are angry because they can't always get their way, and they call everyone "racist" who doesn't agree with them. They go around making babies from one girl to the next just so they can get welfare checks, and then wear their pants halfway own their butt, and they are disgusting! I have a lot of friends who are black, so I know the culture as good as I know my own. Rant is over
Not a lot of people up North are able to see it the way we see it. If I voiced my opinion on blacks, and yes its quite strong, I would be banned. I will give a small taste of my view without going into too much detail, as I enjoy this forum a lot. I don't like blacks. Not because of race, but because of attitude. There are good ones and a lot of bad ones. In my opinion, we should have found a better way to integrate them rather than releasing them on the Southern white population *Looks at US flag* I have an admiration for slave revolts and Louisiana. No other place in the country has achieved such widespread racial acceptance like Louisiana.

Rithal
07-31-2015, 08:15 PM
Alrighty then, this has escalated XD Lets remember to keep this away from race and more into politics :P

Mi'kmaq
07-31-2015, 08:19 PM
Alrighty then, this has escalated XD Lets remember to keep this away from race and more into politics :P
Try to avoid it all you want, but race is apart of politics lolololol xD

Rithal
07-31-2015, 08:34 PM
Try to avoid it all you want, but race is apart of politics lolololol xD

Ok, well lets try to keep this away from "your opinions" on other races. After all, this is an open forum and it would be a shame if some of our words discouraged others from joining this community. Lets keep the discussion open to everyone and stop speaking from the "white" point of view and calling out other races for their "attitudes".

Mi'kmaq
07-31-2015, 08:37 PM
Ok, well lets try to keep this away from "your opinions" on other races. After all, this is an open forum and it would be a shame if some of our words discouraged others from joining this community. Lets keep the discussion open to everyone and stop speaking from the "white" point of view and calling out other races for their "attitudes".
Hmmm, fair enough. I'll keep my opinion to myself. Wouldn't want to push anyone away from the forum with talk of race.

MawLr
07-31-2015, 09:03 PM
I find it amazing to see a Latino see our situation as we see it. The Mexicans act like they have a right to live here because at one point in time it was controlled by Mexico. Well, the Mexicans that were already here when the US gained control of these territories are still here. People like to ignore the fact that there are groups like the Tejanos. Groups that have been here for hundreds of years. People need to learn the difference between an immigrant and native.

Heh, there's a saying that goes like: "Mexicans didn't crossed the border, the border crossed the Mexicans." And while it's part true, I agree that Mexican immigrants don't have any sort of right to live there, however something Americans tend to do is classify all Latinos as Mexicans, and that's a very bad mistake, living here in the state of Guanajuato I see immigrants daily, Central Americans, Jamaicans, and some Cubans, they all hop the trains and travel north to the US.

On the political view, yes, our politicians in Mexico do the same with homosexuals, pro-abortionists, and specially native Mexicans, who usually live in extremely poor conditions, however they just lie, heh.

Rithal
08-01-2015, 01:40 AM

We were all immigrants once. Lets remember that. I support any man or woman who wants to take up the American dream, however they must do so legally. Cross the border legally, and settle down like the rest of us. That includes following our laws when you get here.

Mi'kmaq
08-01-2015, 02:03 AM

We were all immigrants once. Lets remember that. I support any man or woman who wants to take up the American dream, however they must do so legally. Cross the border legally, and settle down like the rest of us. That includes following our laws when you get here.
Lolwut, I'm not an immigrant, my family's been here for a good 500 years. I really really hate the whole idea that anyone can become an American. It completely ignores the fact that there is an already established native population that has been here ever since this country was founded.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ethnicity
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cajun
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Creole_people
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melungeon
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumbee
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Southerners

Rithal
08-01-2015, 02:46 AM
The first permanent European colonies were established a little over 400 years ago.

I didn't mean we were all literally immigrants. It was a figure of speech. Anyone can become an American XD Yes, even many of your ancestors were immigrants, and not the nice kind. Americans are in no place to say "We don't want immigrants here" when around 400 years ago we ourselves (figuratively. We as in our ancestors or "our people") took this land by force. In the course of world history, 400 years is a blip on the map. Anyone can become an American. That is the founding principle that this nation was founded on. Anyone can come here to escape oppression. In the case of the early pilgrims, they came here to escape religious persecution.

America is "The Melting Pot". To say that others cannot become American is purely hypocritical. As I stated before however, you must come here by legal means unless you are a political refugee.

I also trace my heritage back to some of the first Europeans here in the early 1600s, and to Native Americans so we are in a similar boat when speaking about how long our families have been here.

Historical Player
08-01-2015, 03:17 AM
Not a lot of people up North are able to see it the way we see it. If I voiced my opinion on blacks, and yes its quite strong, I would be banned. I will give a small taste of my view without going into too much detail, as I enjoy this forum a lot. I don't like blacks. Not because of race, but because of attitude. There are good ones and a lot of bad ones. In my opinion, we should have found a better way to integrate them rather than releasing them on the Southern white population *Looks at US flag* I have an admiration for slave revolts and Louisiana. No other place in the country has achieved such widespread racial acceptance like Louisiana.

You are now my best friend!

zimmer1lb
08-01-2015, 06:22 AM
Not only here. But in my private thoughts and watching the news reports from around the world, it is very difficult to see any reconciliation for the human race. Is the only option for all this insanity our complete annihilation?? Only humans, among all the species on the planet, come up with ways to be divisive, hateful and ultimately destructive of others on a mass scale. And we beat our chests and say how great, progressive, intelligent, superior and enlightened we are. Frankly it just makes me sad. Even struggling now to find words to make some kind of sense where none can be found.

zimm out

P.S. Sorry to be such a downer.

Rithal
08-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Not only here. But in my private thoughts and watching the news reports from around the world, it is very difficult to see any reconciliation for the human race. Is the only option for all this insanity our complete annihilation?? Only humans, among all the species on the planet, come up with ways to be divisive, hateful and ultimately destructive of others on a mass scale. And we beat our chests and say how great, progressive, intelligent, superior and enlightened we are. Frankly it just makes me sad. Even struggling now to find words to make some kind of sense where none can be found.

zimm out

P.S. Sorry to be such a downer.

Well.... I would say no.... our complete annihilation shouldn't occur.... I like Fallout 3, but not that much.... XD

Mi'kmaq
08-02-2015, 07:07 AM
The first permanent European colonies were established a little over 400 years ago.
Must......refuse......urge to nitpick! San Miguel de Gualdape slave revolt birthed the Melungeons.

Rithal
08-02-2015, 10:02 PM
Must......refuse......urge to nitpick! San Miguel de Gualdape slave revolt birthed the Melungeons.

Nitpick all you want. XD The first permanent area of European expansion in the New World that I would consider a colony is St. Augastine, which was established in 1565. Any prior establishments are what I would call "logistical outposts" meaning, they were staging areas for Spanish conquistadors to go murder natives :P They had little self sufficiency from what I know and largely relied on monthly shipments of resources from Europe, and what they could gather from the Natives. I was speaking mostly in terms of the North American mainland because that area would have the largest influence on an American's genealogical background statistically.... So it was 450 years. We are even. XD

Mi'kmaq
08-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Nitpick all you want. XD The first permanent area of European expansion in the New World that I would consider a colony is St. Augastine, which was established in 1565. Any prior establishments are what I would call "logistical outposts" meaning, they were staging areas for Spanish conquistadors to go murder natives :P They had little self sufficiency from what I know and largely relied on monthly shipments of resources from Europe, and what they could gather from the Natives. I was speaking mostly in terms of the North American mainland because that area would have the largest influence on an American's genealogical background statistically.... So it was 450 years. We are even. XD
489 years. Heheheehehehehehe nitpicking. San Miguel de Gualdape was founded in 1526 in present day South Carolina and lasted 3 months.

Rithal
08-03-2015, 01:47 AM
489 years. Heheheehehehehehe nitpicking. San Miguel de Gualdape was founded in 1526 in present day South Carolina and lasted 3 months.

Underline permanent :D

zimmer1lb
08-03-2015, 02:35 AM
There was a series by an archaeologist on Netflix about American early history. If you've seen anything about prehistory in America, there were several extensive civilizations that had been here long before the Europeans. One of the topics the archaeologist investigated was the Knights Templar having put in an appearance over a long period of time here and that was even after the Vikings. Another archaeologist found evidence that there were humans in Mexico 25000 years earlier than what the main stream pundits expound. They did everything they could to hide her evidence and ruin her career. Isn't it crazy that the truth scares the academic community??

zimm out

Rithal
08-03-2015, 06:21 PM
There was a series by an archaeologist on Netflix about American early history. If you've seen anything about prehistory in America, there were several extensive civilizations that had been here long before the Europeans. One of the topics the archaeologist investigated was the Knights Templar having put in an appearance over a long period of time here and that was even after the Vikings. Another archaeologist found evidence that there were humans in Mexico 25000 years earlier than what the main stream pundits expound. They did everything they could to hide her evidence and ruin her career. Isn't it crazy that the truth scares the academic community??

zimm out

Also underline European :P