PDA

View Full Version : Mi'kmaq's Discussion Thread of Stuff Regarding Interesting Stuff

Mi'kmaq
08-10-2015, 02:20 PM
So I decided to make this thread for interesting things. Ranging from cultural topics to politics. Food to wood burning stoves. :cool:

http://www.death2ur.com/UUEAF00Z.jpg

Bravescot
08-11-2015, 06:01 PM
The thing I want to talk about is your signature on this forum! Look at that thing!

Mi'kmaq
08-11-2015, 10:23 PM
The thing I want to talk about is your signature on this forum! Look at that thing!

Oooo,you like? lel

Found that glorious mural while searching for information regarding John Brown.

Bravescot
08-11-2015, 11:17 PM
Oooo,you like? lel

Look at that majestic flowing beard! LOOK AT IT!

Mi'kmaq
08-11-2015, 11:27 PM
Look at that majestic flowing beard! LOOK AT IT!
John Brown was a badass!

http://georgiainfo.galileo.usg.edu/gastudiesimages/John%20Brown%203.jpg

Macca
08-12-2015, 03:39 AM
Looks like Bravescot. ;)

Bravescot
08-12-2015, 04:36 AM
Looks like Bravescot. ;)

.........I want a beard like that so much

Mi'kmaq
08-12-2015, 04:43 AM
Im more of a muttonstache type of guy myself

Bravescot
08-12-2015, 04:44 AM
Im more of a muttonstache type of guy myself

I'd quite like the Thomas Chamberlain style facial hair.

Macca
08-12-2015, 05:15 PM

No, you really don't.

Edit: My FSE account means nothing over here, all the hours, all the posts!

https://i.gyazo.com/404eaba13f5439d0497bdee508dcc92b.png

Bravescot
08-12-2015, 11:22 PM
^ What has that got to do with the price of fish? :confused:

Rithal
08-13-2015, 01:52 AM
My FSE account means nothing over here, all the hours, all the posts!

Yep..... NOW GET BACK TO WORK CORPORAL!!!! XD

Bravescot
08-13-2015, 02:01 AM
Yep..... NOW GET BACK TO WORK CORPORAL!!!! XD

Bow down before MAJOR Rithal and CAPTAIN Bravescot muwahahahahaha

Mi'kmaq
08-13-2015, 02:23 AM
fite me ;-;

Macca
08-13-2015, 03:57 AM
Bow down before MAJOR Rithal and CAPTAIN Bravescot muwahahahahaha

Corporal Macca's here lads, don't worry!

Mi'kmaq
08-21-2015, 10:14 PM
Let's steal Hinkel's cat

Bravescot
08-22-2015, 05:35 PM
Let's steal Hinkel's cat

Leave Hinkel's cat out of it damn it man!

Mi'kmaq
08-22-2015, 07:17 PM
leave hinkel's cat out of it damn it man!
never! We must sacrifice it and summon war of rights to our realm

Rithal
08-26-2015, 05:19 AM
Let's steal Hinkel's cat

Do we even know if Hinkel has a cat? If so, please post pics Hinkel! XD

Mi'kmaq
08-26-2015, 05:30 AM
Do we even know if Hinkel has a cat? If so, please post pics Hinkel! XD
Ya know, Rithal. Can you just let us dream, hmmm? Because War of Rights needs to be released and cat sacrifices have been known to summon release dates or even bring about the release of the game that very day.

Mi'kmaq
08-26-2015, 09:59 PM
Since this is the thread of stuff, I thought I would share this documentary with y'all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXh8SDp0H-E

zimmer1lb
08-27-2015, 07:08 PM
I was watching the video and my foot got poltergeisted !!! :eek:

If Hinkel doesn't have a cat, we could send him one, then steal it for the sacrifice.

zimm out

Mi'kmaq
08-27-2015, 11:19 PM
I was watching the video and my foot got poltergeisted !!! :eek:

If Hinkel doesn't have a cat, we could send him one, then steal it for the sacrifice.

zimm out
We could indeed

Mi'kmaq
09-01-2015, 07:46 AM
Bump post :D

Proof that the Civil War was absolutely not a black and white conflict. Lysander Spooner, a Yankee Anarchist and Christian abolitionist, was ardently opposed to the North invading the South. He held this belief because the Yankee Republicans continuously refused to take a moral stance against slavery. He supported guerrilla warfare against slave owners by black slaves and non-slaveholding Southerners, stating that "Your numbers, combined with those of the Slaves, will give you all power. You have but to use it, and the work is done." Spooner conspired with John Brown to bring about a massive slave insurrection in the South. After the war, Spooner rabidly opposed Reconstruction, as he did the war.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2qak1vk.jpg

http://oll.libertyfund.org/titles/2233
http://praxeology.net/LS-PAS.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysander_Spooner
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Treason

Rithal
09-02-2015, 08:00 AM
Well.... here's an interesting fact... One of Nathan Bedford Forrest's many horses that was shot out from under him is buried within a mile or two of my house. The horse was killed during the Battle of Thompson's Station which was more of a skirmish in which Forrest led his men in a flanking attack and cut, I believe, an entire brigade off from retreat and captured them all while they were marching to Nashville, Tennessee.

It was during the same battle that Alice Thomson, a 17 year old who was watching the battle from the door of her plantation home, ran out and carried the confederate flag forward after the color bearer of the 3rd Arkansas Cavalry Regiment was shot. She was praised for reforming the regiment around the colors and some would say keeping the regiment from retreating. It was through this action that the battle was secured and Union activity in Middle-Tennessee was deterred for a while.

Was that interesting enough? :D

Mi'kmaq
09-03-2015, 12:24 AM
Well.... here's an interesting fact... One of Nathan Bedford Forrest's many horses that was shot out from under him is buried within a mile or two of my house. The horse was killed during the Battle of Thompson's Station which was more of a skirmish in which Forrest led his men in a flanking attack and cut, I believe, an entire brigade off from retreat and captured them all while they were marching to Nashville, Tennessee.

It was during the same battle that Alice Thomson, a 17 year old who was watching the battle from the door of her plantation home, ran out and carried the confederate flag forward after the color bearer of the 3rd Arkansas Cavalry Regiment was shot. She was praised for reforming the regiment around the colors and some would say keeping the regiment from retreating. It was through this action that the battle was secured and Union activity in Middle-Tennessee was deterred for a while.

Was that interesting enough? :D

A very powerful story. Never heard it before, surprisingly. :D

Rithal
09-04-2015, 12:52 AM
A very powerful story. Never heard it before, surprisingly. :D

It seems like a lot of stories from Tennessee battles never really escape from being retold locally into the light of being widely known.

Here is another one!

The Battle of Franklin as some may know took place in 1864. It was the climax of a series of maneuvers Hood and his Army of Tennessee made to try and cut off and destroy Scholfield and his Army of Ohio. The destruction of this army would open the door to Nashville and effectively open up Middle Tennessee once again.

The battle was basically a failed confederate charge into the center of Union lines on the southern end of the town. This failure was comparable to Pickett's Charge, as confederates crossed a mile or so of farmland before reaching the forward skirmish line of the Army of Ohio. The initial contact was secured by the Confederacy, and they basically marched straight through Union lines.

The Union lines were made up primarily of breastworks, but the Carter House was incorporated into the defense. This house saw serious fighting as it was at the center of Union lines. This same house was the childhood home of Confederate Brigadier General John C. Carter. Carter's brigade was at the forefront of the fighting. So, he was basically fighting in the shadow of his home. Talk about some motivation! :D

After hours of fighting, the Union reinforced its lines too quickly, and Confederate lines broke. It was a complete bloodbath. Among the dead were SIX Confederate generals. One of which was, you guessed it, John C. Carter. He was mortally wounded, found overnight by people burying the dead, and rushed back to the house. It was then that Carter took his dying breath on the front steps of his home. Imagine that! You fight through Shiloh, and Stone's River and countless other battles only to get back to your own home and die.

This isn't the only story from this battle however :)

On the Union side, Major MacArthur of the 24th Wisconsin fought nearby the Carter house. This same lowly major was the father of the World War Two five-star general, Douglas MacArthur! They were the only father-son duo to both get medals of honor. And also that tells you something.... There was only one generation between the Civil War and World War Two! :D

Mi'kmaq
02-10-2016, 11:38 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/55/c2/66/55c266d351ac42605d480dea3da5b74c.jpg

CjkCJkCjk
02-11-2016, 12:22 AM
...After hours of fighting, the Union reinforced its lines too quickly, and Confederate lines broke. It was a complete bloodbath. Among the dead were SIX Confederate generals.
One of those other 6 is Patrick R. Cleburne of Ireland (Us home is Arkansas) my favorite Civil war General.

A. P. Hill
02-11-2016, 01:27 AM
They say, Bermuda Hundred Virginia is full of ghosts from the civil war past ... I can attest to the truthfulness of this. On two of my visits to the area, I had other worldly experiences that scared the bejesus outta me. Both experiences happened in the darkness of night.

One in particular was a soldier who was keeping pace with my truck traveling at 60 miles an hour, for about 2 miles. And he wasn't even breaking a sweat, and he didn't have a horse.

The other one, was a series of lanterns shining out over the trenches of the battlefield. A light would shine out, blink out and then be 1,000 yards down the way, blink on, then out, and then show up in another place. I watched them for the better part of an hour to make sure I wasn't seeing things or someone was hoaxing me. The lights displayed on regular intervals.

Landree
02-11-2016, 07:19 AM
Elm Springs in Columbia, TN is a haven of paranormal activity. Not only by those who have lived there, but hundreds of Confederate ghosts - including an unknown Confederate general. We've had a medium out there many times and she was pointing out details that she would have no idea about except for us. Very interesting stuff.

EDIT: Also, we laid to rest the spirit of Colonel Will "Bull" Nelson with his boys at Shiloh.

JaegerCoyote
02-11-2016, 06:39 PM
I have stood where Jefferson Davis stood when he learned of Lincoln's assassination, there's plaque at the site here in Uptown. Also there's another stating we were the site of the last meeting of the Confederate Cabinet.

crazychester1247
02-22-2016, 04:57 PM
Slow day today. There hasn't been much activity on the forums.:(
I wonder if the next field report is going to be about cavalry? I really hope it is.

BloodBeag
02-22-2016, 05:25 PM
cavalry probably wont come in until very late because it needs a whole new set of coding and animations for the horses

crazychester1247
03-04-2016, 10:33 PM
Has anyone seen gods of egypt? You7 could say it was... Godawful.:cool:

However I'm actually horrified that this movie is how most people are being introduced to Egyptian mythology. It got basically everything wrong. It sucks!

A. P. Hill
03-04-2016, 11:30 PM
Has anyone seen gods of egypt? You7 could say it was... Godawful.:cool:

However I'm actually horrified that this movie is how most people are being introduced to Egyptian mythology. It got basically everything wrong. It sucks!

LOL. Yeah, nothing like the way I read it. ;)

Brooklyn
03-05-2016, 12:20 AM
Talking about movies what do you guys think about them making a new Ghostbusters movie?

Here's the trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

Legion
03-05-2016, 12:38 AM
Talking about movies what do you guys think about them making a new Ghostbusters movie?

Here's the trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

I don't think its gonna be as good as the originals but I'm sure it will be good

A. P. Hill
03-05-2016, 12:39 AM
Well being an all female cast this time around it'll be interesting to see what they can scare up. ;)

crazychester1247
03-07-2016, 02:27 PM
I have had it with these mother******* William Carneys, on this mother******* forum!:mad:

This is just rediculous.

Sorry with the edited swearing mods.

Well at least the forum has more active users now.:p

Bravescot
03-07-2016, 02:32 PM
You should have seen the hilarious "big boy" act PM he sent to the Mods and Admins xD!

crazychester1247
03-07-2016, 02:33 PM
I can't even imagine. XD

Legion
03-07-2016, 04:03 PM
At least he's determined lol, poor guy

Bravescot
03-07-2016, 04:07 PM
At least he's determined lol, poor guy

No, not poor guy. What he did was incredibly stupid and deserves not sympathy.

Locke1740
03-07-2016, 08:32 PM

Are you talking about the Goudea/Carney/Buford/etc guy, It's getting to confusing

Bravescot
03-07-2016, 10:02 PM
Are you talking about the Goudea/Carney/Buford/etc guy, It's getting to confusing

All the same guy yeah, I'm talking about him.

Legion
03-07-2016, 10:49 PM

I don't condone what he did, but I feel that we should have some mercy

crazychester1247
03-07-2016, 11:12 PM
The guy sent me some hilarious PM just before he was banned that said in all caps and a huge font size... "I"M THE KING!" XD

He might have got lucky and got the ban lifted eventually if he hadn't spammed the forum with fake accounts.

Locke1740
03-07-2016, 11:21 PM

Alright, I don't like getting on to this topic but I will explain what happened if I need to

Legion
03-08-2016, 12:07 AM
Alright, I don't like getting on to this topic but I will explain what happened if I need to

I read what he did, but I still feel we should have given him a second chance once he calmed down. I agree that his spamming was annoying and that he should be banned for a while, but it was hilarious.

TrustyJam
03-08-2016, 12:10 AM
I read what he did, but I still feel we should have given him a second chance once he calmed down. I agree that his spamming was annoying and that he should be banned for a while, but it was hilarious.

He called a number of devs and forum users racist and threatened several people as well. I have no mercy for such people on this forum.

- Trusty

Locke1740
03-08-2016, 12:51 AM
He called a number of devs and forum users racist and threatened several people as well. I have no mercy for such people on this forum.

- Trusty

Thank you!

Brooklyn
03-08-2016, 01:03 AM
I have no mercy for such people on this forum.

- Trusty

That's good to hear.

elder_gutknecht
03-08-2016, 10:09 PM
A fixed idea always looks a great idea, not because it's a big idea but because it fill a brain completely
Jacinto Benavente
Sorry for the translation if i made mistakes

crazychester1247
03-16-2016, 12:34 AM
Underoos!

Pvt.Scott
03-16-2016, 09:35 PM
It should be Ecto-2 not 1. And they copied how Winston joined with the girl. When I was little I loved ghost busters but I grew out of it and now my brother loves it.

crazychester1247
04-13-2016, 10:53 AM
Luke... I am not your father. I am a potato.

Because random.

Legion
04-14-2016, 02:25 AM
Now we just have to find out who Reys father is, I'd be disappointed if it really is Luke, that would be too predictable.

David Dire
04-14-2016, 11:37 AM
Isn't it officially already Luke?

crazychester1247
04-14-2016, 12:16 PM
Isn't it officially already Luke?

Big ol' NOPE!

Bravescot
04-14-2016, 12:37 PM
Now we just have to find out who Reys father is, I'd be disappointed if it really is Luke, that would be too predictable.

I really want it to be Obi-Wan

crazychester1247
04-14-2016, 12:48 PM

That would actually be pretty cool. But I hope her father is just some random guy. I'm getting tired of everyone in the galaxy either being a Skywalker or a Solo.

David Dire
04-14-2016, 01:48 PM
Big ol' NOPE!

I'm an idiot then. Although I did last watch it at christmas time.

I wouldn't mind her father being an empire supporter,. But not anything special, either, just a guy that likes the empire.

crazychester1247
04-14-2016, 02:10 PM
I'm an idiot then. Although I did last watch it at christmas time.

I wouldn't mind her father being an empire supporter,. But not anything special, either, just a guy that likes the empire.

OHH. That could be a nice story line right there. Maybe after that we can start to sympatizize with Kylo Ren some more, and maybe she could start to turn to the dark side a little bit. That would be awesome.

Locke1740
04-14-2016, 02:47 PM

me too

crazychester1247
04-14-2016, 02:53 PM

Wait a second. If I remember correctly Jedi knights weren't supposed to have children.

Bravescot
04-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Wait a second. If I remember correctly Jedi knights weren't supposed to have children.

Which is why it would be that much better!

crazychester1247
04-14-2016, 03:01 PM
Hmm. Well Ray would be really young to be Obi-Wan's kid.

I have a feeling it's probably going to be someone from the expanded universe. Rebels, TCW ect. ect.

David Dire
04-14-2016, 03:01 PM
Eh, I think that's still pretty predictable and not that original. Normal people are usually underrated in movies like this.

crazychester1247
04-14-2016, 03:06 PM
Eh, I think that's still pretty predictable and not that original. Normal people are usually underrated in movies like this.

I know, which is why I want it to be no one of conseqence.

Unfortunately what I want and what's probably going to happen are two different things.

Oh and speaking of Star Wars and sequels, lets talk about The Phantom Menace. (You: Oh god. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).) Anyway as the internets would have us believe their was an early cut of the film that some early viewers (who hated the released movie) said was absolutely awesome. The only problem was it still had Jar Jar, and was 6 hours long.

What are your thoughts on this? Is it real? Would you watch it? Will we ever see it? Are we alone in the universe? Where are my pants?

Legion
04-14-2016, 09:04 PM

Thats who I want the Father to be. He's my Favorite Jedi and it would give a good spin on the story. Unfortunately I don't think Rey is old enough to be Obi-Wans daughter.

A. P. Hill
04-14-2016, 11:53 PM
Actually I thought the parents were Lonestar and Princess Vespa. ;)

crazychester1247
04-15-2016, 12:04 AM
Oh my god! NO NOT SPACE BALLS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Locke1740
04-15-2016, 12:06 AM

Ha! Love that movie!

A. P. Hill
04-15-2016, 12:08 AM
What you mean Lonestar and Vespa weren't part of starwars? :rolleyes:

JaegerCoyote
04-15-2016, 04:07 AM
Jar Jar was supposed to be a Sith Lord, but people hated him so they had to use Dooku instead. Thanks haters for ruining a awesome moment.

Legion
04-15-2016, 01:26 PM
Jar Jar was supposed to be a Sith Lord, but people hated him so they had to use Dooku instead. Thanks haters for ruining a awesome moment.

I saw the video about that, was very interesting and made alot of sense.

crazychester1247
04-15-2016, 06:55 PM
I saw the video about that, was very interesting and made alot of sense.

I would really like to see that video.

Legion
04-15-2016, 09:51 PM
I would really like to see that video.

I was talking of the youtube video explaining the theory and why it makes sense for him to be sith. If thats what you mean?

Brooklyn
04-15-2016, 11:36 PM
Well we're talking Star Wars what do you guys think of the ROGUE ONE Trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

A. P. Hill
04-15-2016, 11:46 PM
I WANT one of those walkers ... it'd beat the hell out of D.C. traffic I'm sure.

crazychester1247
05-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Bump. Speaking of great sci-fi movies anyone hear about the Blade Runner sequel that's in the works.

Pvt.Scott
05-14-2016, 03:40 AM
I just found this thinking it was a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfJVoF5ko1Y
Assassin's Creed is now a movie. My hopes aren't high because movies about video games usually flop.
War of Rights the Movie anyone?

crazychester1247
05-14-2016, 07:44 PM
I just found this thinking it was a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfJVoF5ko1Y
Assassin's Creed is now a movie. My hopes aren't high because movies about video games usually flop.
War of Rights the Movie anyone?

I didn't expect it to be about the Spanish Inquisition...

Pvt.Scott
05-14-2016, 11:41 PM
I think Uncharted would be a good movie based off a game. But you would need someone who looks exactly like Nathan Drake. My Technology teacher looks like him a bit.

crazychester1247
05-18-2016, 10:45 PM
Speaking of video game movies Activision is making a video game movie TRILOGY... out of Tetris. F*CKING TETRIS!!! LITERALLY ANY OTHER VIDEO GAME YOU EVER MADE WOULD MAKE A BETTER MOVIE THAN TETRIS! You had one job Activision, one job!:mad:

First you kill CoD now this. Whats next, are you going to make Ride to Hell 2 with money you stole from a charity that provided care to kids with ass cancer! Get your head in the game!:mad:

Also the first movie is going to cost 80 million dollars. That could have been used to feed starving children, or make a decent CoD game.:(

Fancy Sweetroll
05-18-2016, 11:48 PM
I didn't expect it to be about the Spanish Inquisition...

https://youtu.be/Nf_Y4MbUCLY?t=31s

Pvt.Scott
05-19-2016, 12:07 AM
Speaking of video game movies Activision is making a video game movie TRILOGY... out of Tetris. LITERALLY ANY OTHER VIDEO GAME YOU EVER MADE WOULD MAKE A BETTER MOVIE THAN TETRIS! You had one job Activision, one job!:mad:

First you kill CoD now this. Whats next, are you going to make Ride to Hell 2 with money you stole from a charity that provided care to kids with cancer! Get your head in the game!:mad:

Also the first movie is going to cost 80 million dollars. That could have been used to feed starving children, or make a decent CoD game.:(
Are you serious? I want to know why Tetris! Out of all he games in the world, You chose fucking tetris.
I'd rather watch fucking "They're taking the hobbits to Isengard the Movie", Than tetris.

What would it be about. Watching blocks fall for 3 hours?
I can tell the script now.
Block 1: bloop
Block 2: bloop
block 3: bloop
block 4:bloop
block 5:bloop
block 6:bloop
block 7:bloop
block 8:bloop
block 9:bloop
block 10:bloop
block 11:bloop