PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming maps

Legochiel
08-10-2015, 10:49 PM
Hello i'm new, you probably wont hear much of me,but i wondered what maps we're going to see.

TrustyJam
08-11-2015, 12:19 AM
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

At the moment we're working on the Maryland campaign of 1862 consisting of four maps: Harper's Ferry, South Mountain, Antietam & Shepherdstown.

- Trusty

Mi'kmaq
08-11-2015, 12:28 AM
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

At the moment we're working on the Maryland campaign of 1862 consisting of four maps: Harper's Ferry, South Mountain, Antietam & Shepherdstown.

- Trusty

Pls someone mod in John Brown's raid.

Octavian360
08-11-2015, 02:15 PM
This would be very interesting :)

Soulfly
08-11-2015, 02:44 PM
we had this kind of discussion already and at this point my prays are more for the release of this game, than for some random battles....

Octavian360
08-12-2015, 02:33 PM
we had this kind of discussion already and at this point my prays are more for the release of this game, than for some random battles....

Unfortunately, I am in the same boat :/

Pvt.Scott
08-20-2015, 08:01 PM
I hope they make Gettysburg because that place was probably the coolest place I've ever seen! I hiked the whole battlefield which was a 10 mile hike. My favorite place was devils den and little round top.

Rithal
08-20-2015, 08:12 PM
I hope they make Gettysburg because that place was probably the coolest place I've ever seen! I hiked the whole battlefield which was a 10 mile hike. My favorite place was devils den and little round top.

Its only The Maryland Campaign at the moment, but that's not to say that Gettysburg isn't possible in the future :D

Pvt.Scott
08-20-2015, 10:58 PM
yeah and if not maybe the modding community will because it was such a great battle and it fits perfectly with wor.

Hinkel
08-21-2015, 09:32 AM
yeah and if not maybe the modding community will because it was such a great battle and it fits perfectly with wor.

As a modder myself for 8 years now, I have to say, that this would be a very hard task. Map making is a huge effort, in terms of research and actual work on the map. If you imagine, that our Antietam map is in progress since 3 years now.. its not easy to make a Gettysburg map after all, by a modder ;)

So if you really want to create a good and authentic looking Gettysburg map as a modder, you need some years of free time :cool:

Soulfly
08-21-2015, 09:37 AM
As a modder myself for 8 years now, I have to say, that this would be a very hard task. Map making is a huge effort, in terms of research and actual work on the map. If you imagine, that our Antietam map is in progress since 3 years now.. its not easy to make a Gettysburg map after all, by a modder ;)

So if you really want to create a good and authentic looking Gettysburg map as a modder, you need some years of free time :cool:

That is what i was trying to tell them the whole time, you may want to switch to the Source Engine ? :cool: if anyone is really interested in modding, try the SDK from Red Orchestra 2 i think you will than get an idea about how complex modding/ creating content is