PDA

View Full Version : Better Officer Line Tool

Jackan
04-11-2018, 06:35 PM
I think a good change to the officer line tool wich in my opinion is very usefull for officers could be made better by removing the "square"/icon that hovers over the line.

It would stop potential trolls from spamming the screen full of them in server and limiting its somewhat immerion breaking factor while keeping just as usefull while not putting to much on the players screen.

See attatched files for example.

McMuffin
04-11-2018, 07:27 PM
Or, just limit the distance that you can see the line so I don’t see it across the map and put a limit on the number of lines you can draw at once. In addition, the square above helps people find the line quickly when it may not be easily visible.

TrustyJam
04-12-2018, 09:43 AM
Thank you for the suggestions. :)

The line itself is actually already limited to one per officer it's just the way we currently display the icons above it that isn't - we'll look into making it that in the future.

McMuffin is correct in regards to why the icon is there: it is to help players see that there has been an order given if the line is not in view for them (say in tall grass). It is also there to help them tell different orders apart (we have plans to expand the order system).

- Trusty