PDA

View Full Version : Wish Me Luck!

Historical Player
08-20-2015, 04:37 PM
Tuesday is my first day at military school! I am so excited to be an official military cadet just like the VMI cadets at New Market. I am enrolling at Fishburne Military School, and I will be participating heavily in JROTC. Wish me luck!

Szotu
08-20-2015, 06:56 PM
Good luck! I am in military high school. Just one more year and ill go to millitary college (im trying to put good names for those both levels of those schools, sorry if its bad xD) or Ill join Polish Army :D

Rithal
08-20-2015, 07:46 PM
Tuesday is my first day at military school! I am so excited to be an official military cadet just like the VMI cadets at New Market. I am enrolling at Fishburne Military School, and I will be participating heavily in JROTC. Wish me luck!

Very exciting. Is that like, a highschool or a college?

Historical Player
08-20-2015, 08:22 PM
Very exciting. Is that like, a highschool or a college?

High School. I am so excited and tomorrow is check in. I get my uniform and haircut!

Bravescot
08-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Good luck from a UK Cadet mate! You'll find it a very interesting thing! I'll be your new boss now btw as I'll outrank you by all technicalities ;)

Pvt.Scott
08-20-2015, 09:11 PM
Good luck mate

Historical Player
08-20-2015, 10:38 PM
Good luck from a UK Cadet mate! You'll find it a very interesting thing! I'll be your new boss now btw as I'll outrank you by all technicalities ;)

Lol thanks! I know the Colonel very well and I know this will change my life! Thanks Bravescot and Pvt scott!

Rithal
08-20-2015, 10:39 PM
Why are there so many people here who are cadets at military schools? XD I feel left out with my boring public school education. The closest I can get to being in a military school here is JROTC and our JROTC is a joke!!! XD

Pvt.Scott
08-20-2015, 10:44 PM
I know right

William
08-21-2015, 07:09 AM
Wish you m luck Mr. Historical Sir but i think you can handle it even without luck :P
greetings from an ex-Austrian Army Man
(^.^ even if it was only for a year but it was awsome)

Simon445
08-21-2015, 12:24 PM
Good luck !

I am probably joining army in 4 years as a volunteer, but then probably as a mechanic for vehicles :P

Soulfly
08-21-2015, 01:20 PM
Good luck !

I am probably joining army in 4 years as a volunteer, but then probably as a mechanic for vehicles :P

well, its better than joining combat forces for your life "after"...i should have done the same

Simon445
08-21-2015, 06:59 PM
well, its better than joining combat forces for your life "after"...i should have done the same

Not sure for Germany, but in Slovenia we have volunteer program which is like 4 months and you learn basics of infantry... Like you do same thing as infantry wear same gear same everything) but you graduate after that 4 months, you have to oath to Slovenia. Looks like this: https://youtu.be/jUubbPXwzyY?t=1m34s

So they have to do this:

Higher rank guy:"For who!"
Cadets: "For Slovenia!"

Rithal
08-21-2015, 10:32 PM
Not sure for Germany, but in Slovenia we have volunteer program which is like 4 months and you learn basics of infantry... Like you do same thing as infantry wear same gear same everything) but you graduate after that 4 months, you have to oath to Slovenia. Looks like this: https://youtu.be/jUubbPXwzyY?t=1m34s

So they have to do this:

Does this program also enter you into some sort of Reservist unit as well? BTW, I love you guys' dress uniforms :D

Simon445
08-21-2015, 11:11 PM
Does this program also enter you into some sort of Reservist unit as well? BTW, I love you guys' dress uniforms :D

Thank you :P

Yes, you can sign a contract to be a Reservist, but not if you join as a Volunteer (Only if you decide to be Reservist after you done your Volunteer thing). But you get more chance to actually get in army if you were a Volunteer before.

Rithal
08-21-2015, 11:16 PM
I see. We don't really have anything like that here in the U.S besides like, an ROTC program in college. That's about the closest we have.

Historical Player
08-22-2015, 12:56 AM
Wish you m luck Mr. Historical Sir but i think you can handle it even without luck :P
greetings from an ex-Austrian Army Man
(^.^ even if it was only for a year but it was awsome)

Thank you so much! Today was my first day and I am a rat. After 5 weeks I will become an NCO, and I got my VMI Cadet 1864 looking uniform.

Rithal
08-22-2015, 02:08 AM
Thank you so much! Today was my first day and I am a rat. After 5 weeks I will become an NCO, and I got my VMI Cadet 1864 looking uniform.

You become an NCO after an amount of time? They don't make you meet any specifications? Also, is it like, Cadet-Corporal? or just Corporal?

Historical Player
08-22-2015, 03:39 AM
You become an NCO after an amount of time? They don't make you meet any specifications? Also, is it like, Cadet-Corporal? or just Corporal?
After a while if you distinguish yourself and you are not a RAT you can become a Cadet NCO. like Master Sergeant, Staff Sergeant, etc.

Bravescot
08-22-2015, 05:37 PM
After a while if you distinguish yourself and you are not a RAT you can become a Cadet NCO. like Master Sergeant, Staff Sergeant, etc.

Damn you Yanks rank hop like mad! I'm a Cadet Sergeant and it took me 3 years! I'm hoping for Colour Sergeant this year.

Historical Player
08-23-2015, 12:00 AM
Damn you Yanks rank hop like mad! I'm a Cadet Sergeant and it took me 3 years! I'm hoping for Colour Sergeant this year.

YANK?????? YOU TAKE THAT BACK! We are a southern school and proud of it! Drilling and Formations are hard, but fun!

Mi'kmaq
08-23-2015, 12:04 AM
YANK?????? YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
Bravescot just made a horrible mistake. *Grabs wrench* TIME TO SCALP

Bravescot
08-23-2015, 12:48 AM
It take nothing back! Under British terminology all American are a Yanks or a Hillbilly. You take your pick ;)

Jeremiah O'Brien
08-23-2015, 03:54 AM
It take nothing back! Under British terminology all American are a Yanks or a Hillbilly. You take your pick ;)

Some "Scot" you are, using British terminology.

Mi'kmaq
08-23-2015, 04:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/aP0qrIP.gif

Bravescot
08-23-2015, 04:29 AM

Considering I voted no to independence and yes to union in the referendum I consider myself British then Scottish but NEVER call me English.

Historical Player
08-23-2015, 05:08 AM
Bravescot just made a horrible mistake. *Grabs wrench* TIME TO SCALP

*Grabs Baseball Bat and Bowie Knife* Let's go!

Bravescot
08-23-2015, 12:02 PM
*Grabs Baseball Bat and Bowie Knife* Let's go!

*Starts swinging claymore around head* COME ON THEN!

Historical Player
08-23-2015, 04:10 PM
*Starts swinging claymore around head* COME ON THEN!

Rebel Yell Incoming! Followed by the scary Leedle Lee.

William
08-24-2015, 07:06 AM
Rebel Yell Incoming! Followed by the scary Leedle Lee.

......ooooooh .......kay.......from a talk about Military School to a ........emoted fight...xD.........why not....*Jumps in with his Flamberge charging into the fight*

Soulfly
08-24-2015, 09:36 AM

So they have to do this:

Now there is a similar program in Germany, but this lasts longer then 4 month ( up to 23 month). But there is no such thing as a graduation afterwards

zimmer1lb
08-27-2015, 07:10 PM
Very best of LUCK to you young sir!!!!

zimm out

Historical Player
09-24-2015, 12:37 AM
So far Military school is awesome, but we drill so much! I have been put in command of a squad of 7 cadets in my first year,a nd I love it!

Rithal
09-24-2015, 05:27 AM
So far Military school is awesome, but we drill so much! I have been put in command of a squad of 7 cadets in my first year,a nd I love it!

Enjoy yourself! :D You will remember this time for the rest of your life!!! :D :D :D

Bravescot
09-24-2015, 08:57 AM

Sounds like a blast. I wish the UK cadets did exchanges with the US cadets

Historical Player
09-25-2015, 12:32 AM
Enjoy yourself! :D You will remember this time for the rest of your life!!! :D :D :D

I know I will never forget this! I have finally learned "Column March".

Historical Player
10-10-2015, 02:40 PM
I am applying to be Med Officer for Charlie Company. This will bump me up to either Corporal, or Sargent.

Mi'kmaq
10-10-2015, 02:56 PM
Seems I never wished you good luck! Well, better late than never. Good luck! Sounds like you're having an awesome time!

Legion
10-10-2015, 03:23 PM
It's a little late but good luck. Are you planning on enlisting after graduation? I've been trying to enlist in the USMC but my GED is holding me back. Anyways good luck.

Etherton
10-12-2015, 05:17 PM
I go paintballing alot. Always get lots of hits so ive likely levelled up to being able to join Brit SAS. im sure thats how it works :cool:

Rithal
10-12-2015, 10:48 PM
I go paintballing alot. Always get lots of hits so ive likely levelled up to being able to join Brit SAS. im sure thats how it works :cool:

No. How can you be so ignorant? Everyone knows that the minimum qualifying factor to join SAS is skill as an airsoft player. Sheesh. Some people.... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Etherton
10-12-2015, 10:51 PM
No. How can you be so ignorant? Everyone knows that the minimum qualifying factor to join SAS is skill as an airsoft player. Sheesh. Some people.... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

pfft yeh but paintball is cheaper so ez

Rithal
10-12-2015, 11:00 PM
pfft yeh but paintball is cheaper so ez

*Turns thread into an airsoft vs paintball argument*

Naw dude. Paintball expensive. Airsoft cheaper.

Historical Player
10-12-2015, 11:43 PM
It's a little late but good luck. Are you planning on enlisting after graduation? I've been trying to enlist in the USMC but my GED is holding me back. Anyways good luck.

Thanks so much! I do not plan on enlisting, the army isn't for me.

BloodBeag
10-13-2015, 08:56 AM
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but why go to a military academy if you don't plan to enlist?

Bravescot
10-13-2015, 10:57 AM
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but why go to a military academy if you don't plan to enlist?

Life skills?

Rithal
10-14-2015, 12:14 AM

Its a pretty cool experience and graduating from a military college looks pretty damn good on a resume. :)

Historical Player
10-15-2015, 12:31 AM
Life skills?

Plus, I get to do things no one else gets to do. What other public school kid gets to play with a World War 2 Authentic M-1 Grand that was actually used. I named it "Legion."

Scotland
10-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Scottish Air Cadet (ATC) for ever! Good luck ;3

A. P. Hill
10-18-2015, 04:56 PM
Congrats. And thank you for your service.

Rithal
10-18-2015, 06:29 PM
Congrats. And thank you for your service.

I don't think he's going into the military. :p

A. P. Hill
10-18-2015, 06:57 PM
I don't think he's going into the military. :p

He's going to military school. That in essence is military service. Besides it sounds like he's aiming for a career in the military afterwards ... So ... your point?

Rithal
10-18-2015, 07:04 PM
He's going to military school. That in essence is military service. Besides it sounds like he's aiming for a career in the military afterwards ... So ... your point?

Relax! :D I consider military service being in a branch of the military, which he is not. He is just going to a normal school with emphasis on military code and behavior. He also said earlier that he wasn't really considering a career in the military I believe.