PDA

View Full Version : Reserve your regiment for War of Rights!

Modernassassin
08-25-2015, 12:40 AM
Didn't see anything like this on the forums so I decided to make one.

Regiments listed here have been reserved

To reserve a regiment just fill this out:
Regiment Name:
Side:
Steam Contact:

Regiments reserved here must come and claim the regiment name after this game is released.
You have up to 31 Days before your regiment name is forfeited and is up for grabs by other members.

Regiments claimed already

Confederate Regiments

Union Regiments
79th New York Volunteer Infantry

TheKhanMann
08-25-2015, 12:47 AM
Great Thread, been looking forward to one like this, LONG LIVE THE 79TH!

TrustyJam
08-25-2015, 12:56 AM
Feel free to create groups within the community if you like. However, War of Rights is going to use its own group tool so any names you "reserve" here will not carry over.

- Trusty

Mi'kmaq
08-25-2015, 04:28 AM
Reserve the Lowrie Gang, not a regiment, nor is it Union or Confederate. I'd just say put it under other or dank. Preferably dank.

Octavian360
08-25-2015, 04:52 AM
Regiment Name: 69th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment (Irish Brigade, 1st Battalion, Co. A) "Faugh an Beallach"
Side: Union
Steam Contact: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002310320/

Modernassassin
08-25-2015, 05:14 AM
Feel free to create groups within the community if you like. However, War of Rights is going to use its own group tool so any names you "reserve" here will not carry over.

- Trusty

whattttt? what do you mean?

TrustyJam
08-25-2015, 05:26 AM

It's not possible to reserve names before the group tool launches. Sure, you can "claim" it here but that won't mean you'll get the actual name. That will work on a first come, first served basis once the tool launches.

- Trusty

William
08-25-2015, 07:13 AM

You can "Reserve" it in the Forum but when the game Comes out there will be a "reserve tool" ingame, so you can reserve what you want in the Forum, if some one is quicker ingame and reserves it there ..... hmmm bad for you xD

@Trusty i´m right ?

TrustyJam
08-25-2015, 07:55 AM
You can "Reserve" it in the Forum but when the game Comes out there will be a "reserve tool" ingame, so you can reserve what you want in the Forum, if some one is quicker ingame and reserves it there ..... hmmm bad for you xD

@Trusty i´m right ?

Pretty much.

- Trusty

Bravescot
08-25-2015, 09:46 AM
In other words chum. You snooze you loose. Alway read up on what you're doing before putting all your regs into one basket.

Rithal
08-26-2015, 03:56 AM
Good to see the new faces guys. Welcome to the forum. To add to what the guys above me have been saying, basically all you can do if someone decides to "steal" your regiment that you "claim" on this thread is to say mean things behind their back and plot vengeance to usurp their unit... XD

Octavian360
08-26-2015, 04:27 AM
Can't wait to claim my regiment, put out a lawn chair, get my popcorn and enjoy :)

Bravescot
08-27-2015, 05:48 PM
Can't wait to claim my regiment, put out a lawn chair, get my popcorn and enjoy :)

I've fully set up my tent and got a bucket for my shower. I'm here for the long run

Macca
09-08-2015, 05:50 PM
I don't think you have the right to create this little "reserve a regiment" list. Pretty disrespectful if you ask me. Let the developers get round to finalizing stuff before you try and reserve a name of which you like. Regardless, 69th - I'm certain the N&S 69th will move over so reserving a name which they'd more than likely want to continue after years of use is again disrespectful as far as I see it.

Octavian360
09-08-2015, 06:03 PM
I don't think you have the right to create this little "reserve a regiment" list. Pretty disrespectful if you ask me. Let the developers get round to finalizing stuff before you try and reserve a name of which you like. Regardless, 69th - I'm certain the N&S 69th will move over so reserving a name which they'd more than likely want to continue after years of use is again disrespectful as far as I see it.

We have had this discussion already Macca.

First off, N&S/NW/WB and WoR are two completely separate games or entities. Secondly, as I told you I talked with their second in command (on their Teamspeak) over there about if they were going to be moving over to WoR - this was around 1-2 months ago. He stated they had no plans or aspirations to do so, he said they very much like being in N&S/NW currently and dont foresee a transfer anytime in the near future. Im sure all the above was affirmed when you told me over steam that you would talk with them personally. I would appreciate if you drop the vendetta and focus on your own reserving of the 63rd; which I find ironic that you are preaching against doing such actions, when you are partaking in them yourself.

I see no harm nor foul in reserving a regimental name for those who have been following development of this game for sometime now; and will continue to follow it. It should always be first come first serve.

Individuals from N&S in my book get no special treatment that come over to this game; it is completely different in almost every sense aside from the era. I wish you would realize this Macca along with a few others in the community of WoR. I praise your accomplishments in your previous regiments/games but it is time to turn the page to a new chapter if you plan on setting foot into WoR so we can build a strong community together... Not just copy and paste one from N&S/NW.

edit: furthermore anyone wishing to bully those who are new to this community, that are from the N&S/NW community to get their "way" do not have the best interests of the WoR community at hand. I have preached this again and again on this forum, you should come into this game with a fairly blank slate N&S and WoR are two completely separate entities its time we realize this as a whole and move to building a great WOR community... Not a copy pasted community from N&S... That is just my two cents. I will always have the community in mind.

Macca
09-08-2015, 06:12 PM

Macca
09-08-2015, 06:13 PM
Not entirely sure why my PC decided to post the same thing.

And to be honest mate, have some respect. They've been loyal to Hinkel since Secession. All I'm going to say. Oh, and as for the 63rd - that's my regiment over in NaS. Not as if I'm an outsider stepping in. I have close relations with the 69th so we'll see.

Octavian360
09-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Not entirely sure why my PC decided to post the same thing.

And to be honest mate, have some respect. They've been loyal to Hinkel since Secession. All I'm going to say.

It is like you didnt even read what I had to say lol. I talked to them, they said they had no interest in WoR. I talked to you on steam and said everything above; it is time we move on and worry about the community and stop strutting around with e-pens. I have been very fair and respectful to most everyone in this community; I would appreciate if you show the same respect to me Macca.

edit: I hope our two regiments will be able to work together and look past this petty issue for the betterment of the community.

RhettVito
09-08-2015, 09:51 PM
Just to say now it would be disrespectful of anyone to take the 23rd NC from me I've done hrs of research on the 23rdNC one of my my ancestor was with in the 23rdNC
Robert Miller Catawba County, North Carolina joined 6 Jun 1861 also I have a blood line to direct to Thomas J Jackson and I have the paper work to prove it . So with that being said leave the 23rdNC to me and my regiment were all ready all on hold for War of Rights we have 150 members at the moment and are still growing so if you will please respect me and my members and not try to reserve the 23rdNC for your self if you wish to different companies within the 23rdNC please give me a heads up but if we it would come to that .

TrustyJam
09-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Enough. No regiment names can be reserved at this point. We will support a group tool and all will be going into detail about it come the kickstarter campaign.

- Trusty