PDA

View Full Version : Civil War Trust renamed itself American Battlefield Trust

Saris
05-08-2018, 07:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww1FZ32zUdA&t

A. P. Hill
05-08-2018, 07:28 PM
Not renamed, they have created an umbrella organization to cover all the other organizations with the same purpose. The Revolutionary War, The War of 1812, and The Civil War Trust, all sister organizations now have a parent corporate blanket.

I just got an email from TCWT announcing this.

Using the phone is a pain, I'll post my email later.

:)

Saris
05-08-2018, 07:39 PM
Not renamed, they have created an umbrella organization to cover all the other organizations with the same purpose. The Revolutionary War, The War of 1812, and The Civil War Trust, all sister organizations now have a parent corporate blanket.

I just got an email from TCWT announcing this.

Using the phone is a pain, I'll post my email later.

:)

Well they wont be named as just the civil war trust anymore. Take their site which was called civil war trust but now its called American Battlefield Trust https://www.battlefields.org/

Tyler28256
05-08-2018, 09:17 PM
As said in the video it's just an umbrella name. Civil War Trust is still a thing, and all memberships are transferred over. I too am a member of the CWT or now ABT.

A. P. Hill
05-08-2018, 10:54 PM
Here's my email.

Dear Friends,
I have some very exciting news!
Today, after years of preparation and consultation, I have the honor and privilege to tell you we have decided to create an umbrella organization called the American Battlefield Trust.
As you know, four years ago we expanded our mission to include Revolutionary War and War of 1812 battlefields. In that time, the Trust has accomplished much and introduced ourselves to countless new supporters. And we did so without compromising our commitment to Civil War history and preservation.
That being said, while I am immensely proud of the achievements of the Civil War Trust, it has been clear to me for some time that the Civil War Trust name no longer fully conveys who we are and what we do.
Before I say another word, I want to emphasize that the Civil War Trust is not going away. It becomes the largest and most active division under the American Battlefield Trust umbrella. There will be no diminishment of our efforts to save Civil War battlefield land and promote knowledge of Civil War history. You have my word on that.
In addition, our successful Campaign 1776 initiative becomes the Revolutionary War Trust — another division under the American Battlefield Trust banner. With the 250th anniversary of our nation’s founding only a few short years away, there is no better time to be preserving the battlefields of our War for Independence.
I understand that many of you will have questions. I would encourage you to visit our website at its new address at www.battlefields.org. You may also submit your questions here.
Very soon, this organization will hit the milestone of 50,000 acres saved. This will be a tremendous accomplishment, attributable to members and supporters such as yourself. But to get to the next level of success— and to protect the next 50,000 acres of hallowed ground that must be saved — I believe we must have a name that reflects our three-war mission.
I hope you will join me for this next chapter in our nation’s battlefield preservation story: the American Battlefield Trust.
’Til the battle is won,

Jim Lighthizer
President, American Battlefield Trust
P.S. As we have done from the very beginning of this organization, we will continue to give members and supporters the opportunity to donate to projects that speak most deeply to them. Regardless of whether that means you support only Civil War or Revolutionary War projects, or you want your money put where the need is greatest, the choice – as always – is yours.

And yes, I'm a member too obviously would not have received this. :)

Poorlaggedman
05-13-2018, 06:50 PM
That's been a long time coming. They've been working on American Revolution battlefield preservation for some time. They've steadily had more and more Rev War stuff in their media. The big and controversial leap would be to international battlefields, many of which are in terrible and sad shape (like Tarawa-American bones scattered all over). They've got plenty to do in the US for the foreseeable future.