PDA

View Full Version : Respawning

Pvt.Scott
08-29-2015, 01:51 AM
How will this work like will your team have tickets or will it be like each regiment have their own tickets. And where will you spawn when you die? And will it depend on what rank you are like privates having shorter times to b in the fight and the officers will have longer times when there dead to organize their unit?

Mi'kmaq
08-29-2015, 03:26 AM
Probably gonna be like NW. When you die, you're dead for the match. Of course you can change this in NW but idk about WoR.

Bravescot
08-29-2015, 04:48 AM
Probably gonna be like NW. When you die, you're dead for the match. Of course you can change this in NW but idk about WoR.

I hope it's not like NW! These matches are meant to be long drawn out slug fests not some 10 minute battle.

TrustyJam
08-29-2015, 07:49 AM

No. Quite the opposite actually. We do intend to create a "hardcore" gametype with one life per match. It will however, truely be for the hardcore folks since matches in WoR will be closer to hours instead of minutes.

- Trusty

Simon445
08-29-2015, 01:03 PM
I think admins of server will be able to set how many times you respawn.

Pvt.Scott
08-29-2015, 06:40 PM
Well they did say that their goal is to have battles with hundreds of people so. It would still be long with only 1 life.

Pvt.Scott
08-29-2015, 06:45 PM
And will you have an option to leave the game after you die unless your higher up because you have to tell your troops where to go and stuff but if your just a private and you die and your out of the game you don't want to be sitting there for 3 hours waiting for the battle to end. And as an officer can you talk to your troops when your dead to command them still or will the ncos and 2nd in command take charge?

Macca
08-30-2015, 12:31 AM
Trusty's point about hour or so long battles is something that'll be interesting, however, if you die in the first five minutes or so you'd understandably get annoyed. I personally think the administrators of the server(s) should have an option to set re-spawns on/off/at time limit.

Bravescot
08-30-2015, 01:21 AM
I think I'd rage quit the game in seconds if you didn't re-spawn in a match that will be going on for a long ass time.

Rithal
08-30-2015, 02:37 AM
Well think about this guys. The maps are huge. Its not like you will be starting a field away from the enemy (In this hardcore mode they speak of). It will probably take a long time just to coordinate and create a strategy for one battle. Not to mention the scouting and such. Even if you die in the first engagement, you would have marched a long ways and anticipated the event like the soldiers did in the actual Maryland Campaign. It will definitely be fun, realistic, and extremely satisfying. I would like to get into the quick battle skirmish events as well though :)

Mi'kmaq
08-30-2015, 06:44 AM
Well think about this guys. The maps are huge. Its not like you will be starting a field away from the enemy (In this hardcore mode they speak of). It will probably take a long time just to coordinate and create a strategy for one battle. Not to mention the scouting and such. Even if you die in the first engagement, you would have marched a long ways and anticipated the event like the soldiers did in the actual Maryland Campaign. It will definitely be fun, realistic, and extremely satisfying. I would like to get into the quick battle skirmish events as well though :)
Exactly what I was thinking. A frustrating game is a good game. The tension makes it fun.

Macca
08-30-2015, 07:41 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. A frustrating game is a good game. The tension makes it fun.

Where is any logic behind your post? Seriously? How is a frustrating game fun? It's not. Period.

Rithal
08-30-2015, 07:43 PM
Where is any logic behind your post? Seriously? How is a frustrating game fun? It's not. Period.

Well, I wouldn't say "frustrating" games are fun, but a game that isn't completely easy, and doesn't serve everything up on a silver platter is fun. Think Verdun. That game is difficult. It takes a while to get anything done, but after you storm an enemy trench and toss a few 'nades... Oh man, it is great.

Mi'kmaq
08-30-2015, 09:11 PM
I play games like DayZ and Arma. Both are extremely hard games if you don't know what you're doing, especially with realism mods. It's so fun to try not to get slaughtered while running into direct fire. Everyone knows they have one life and if they get killed, they're out for the match. It's quite fun watching everyone struggle to stay alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM38pIg0Hoc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A3HwshYdPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzRqLYFbE0w

Bravescot
08-30-2015, 11:55 PM
Big difference is you can grab cover and run quite freely in Arma III and Arma II (I play them) in this you must keep your line formations so death is even more likely to find you.

Mi'kmaq
08-31-2015, 01:36 AM
Big difference is you can grab cover and run quite freely in Arma III and Arma II (I play them) in this you must keep your line formations so death is even more likely to find you.
That is true. I think there should be like an ultra-realism mode. I still would like to have that sort of tense feeling you get when you play Arma. Struggling not to die.

Macca
08-31-2015, 07:08 AM
Well, I wouldn't say "frustrating" games are fun, but a game that isn't completely easy, and doesn't serve everything up on a silver platter is fun. Think Verdun. That game is difficult. It takes a while to get anything done, but after you storm an enemy trench and toss a few 'nades... Oh man, it is great.

Verdun is a) completely different and b) looks hella fun. I need to actually buy it instead of debating on whether I want it.

I play games like DayZ and Arma. Both are extremely hard games if you don't know what you're doing, especially with realism mods. It's so fun to try not to get slaughtered while running into direct fire. Everyone knows they have one life and if they get killed, they're out for the match. It's quite fun watching everyone struggle to stay alive.

I play both. Yes, they're entertaining. You can re-spawn in both of those games. However, in a game such as War of Rights where the battles are meant to be an hour or so long, dying early in will be very irritating. I'm sure you can see what I mean. Especially if you cannot re-spawn.

Mi'kmaq
08-31-2015, 07:56 AM
Verdun is a) completely different and b) looks hella fun. I need to actually buy it instead of debating on whether I want it.

I play both. Yes, they're entertaining. You can re-spawn in both of those games. However, in a game such as War of Rights where the battles are meant to be an hour or so long, dying early in will be very irritating. I'm sure you can see what I mean. Especially if you cannot re-spawn.
I was talkin about the hardcore realism mods. They add tons to the game and makes it extremely stressful.

TrustyJam
08-31-2015, 10:44 AM
As I said, we'll support both options.

- Trusty

Historical Player
08-31-2015, 09:16 PM
I would like it if once we die, your dead until next round. Unless you had to wait for the other guys to die, and then you could respawn kinda like a reinforcement option.

Mi'kmaq
08-31-2015, 11:49 PM
I would like it if once we die, your dead until next round. Unless you had to wait for the other guys to die, and then you could respawn kinda like a reinforcement option.

A reinforcement option would be cool.

Pvt.Scott
09-01-2015, 12:23 AM
Nice idea never thought of that.

Simon445
09-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Imagine there is only 1 life, and there is a line of like 30 poeple and you are one getting sniped and have to wait through whole round that could take hours lol.

You mean like ticket based game?

Soulfly
09-01-2015, 02:25 PM
Imagine there is only 1 life, and there is a line of like 30 poeple and you are one getting sniped and have to wait through whole round that could take hours lol.

You mean like ticket based game?

Well, imagine 100 players and you are the one getting shot at first. I like the idea having a limited number of tickets representing the available reinforcements, especially when i am thinking about my beloved online-campaign...if you suffer heavy losses those men are missing next battle meaning you have less tickets

Simon445
09-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Well, imagine 100 players and you are the one getting shot at first. I like the idea having a limited number of tickets representing the available reinforcements, especially when i am thinking about my beloved online-campaign...if you suffer heavy losses those men are missing next battle meaning you have less tickets

Yes I like your idea and I support games that create this system, Red Orchestra 2 has similar system, if you lose 1 territory you get less reinforcements.

William
09-01-2015, 08:56 PM
A reinforcement option would be cool.

I totally agree..... jesus you could do sooo mutch awsome stuff in that game :D

Rithal
09-02-2015, 07:20 AM
Well, lets remember that the battles will hopefully be larger than a few dozen people. Like I have said, it will take a looong time probably before the initial shots are even fired. I doubt there will be any waiting for "hours" though. It seems like that is something the developers will try to avoid ;)

AwkwardPandabear
09-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Some kind of option for a match were you have reinforcements would be cool. But what if something was implemented into the game that made it so that, when you capture a area, or kill enough enemy troops, all of the dead soldiers on your team, or just in your regiment, respawn. It is kind of like how in dodgeball, if you hit the backboard or the backwall with your ball, all of your teammates who had gotten out can then come back in. This would make capturing points even more important for a team or regiment who is low on men.

Dipington
09-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Some kind of option for a match were you have reinforcements would be cool. But what if something was implemented into the game that made it so that, when you capture a area, or kill enough enemy troops, all of the dead soldiers on your team, or just in your regiment, respawn. It is kind of like how in dodgeball, if you hit the backboard or the backwall with your ball, all of your teammates who had gotten out can then come back in. This would make capturing points even more important for a team or regiment who is low on men.
sort of with like in ultimate general: gettysburg when you capture a certain area, but that could be a area where they can spawn in.

AwkwardPandabear
09-07-2015, 09:37 PM
Yes, btw did you get my sports reference to dodgball, or did it not make sense. And like I said in my original post, this mode of spawing makes sure that there is always a fight at contested areas, but also makes it so that the capture point are very important to the team's efforts.

Dipington
09-07-2015, 10:31 PM
it was weird on how hitting the backboard got your teammates back in (i never had that rule in P.E.), there might be of a way to where you have more areas captured, the less time you have for respawning. and the less you have the more you have to wait to respawn. So this gets the people play competitively but in a good manner.