PDA

View Full Version : Game Cost

natbro11
09-01-2015, 11:54 PM
Just an idea, but if you want as many people as possible to be online i would suggest making the game free to play with lots of cool DLC like maps and outfits to make money.

Mi'kmaq
09-02-2015, 12:07 AM
Oh please no. Free to play will just turn the game into some WoW-esque cesspool. It's a proper game, not Club Penguin.

Pvt.Scott
09-02-2015, 02:35 AM
no that would turn this game into heroes and generals which Is totally pay to win and that would turn this game into a pay to win game. WHICH is not fun at all.

MilitantMonkey
09-02-2015, 03:58 AM
The term "Free to play" should be forever banned on here starting now!

Rithal
09-02-2015, 07:23 AM
Hmmm. I'm not gonna jump on you, but like the others have said, that would turn this into a Heroes and Generals clone, and honestly, Heroes and Generals is complete garbage XD I would rather pay $30 and be on a level playing field with everyone than pay nothing and have people steamroll over me with OP weapons and buffs.

Simon445
09-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Free to Play ? No thank you.

Josy_Wales
09-02-2015, 02:56 PM
I dont think free to play fits this game, but id love to pay some extra to get some personal items or any kind of engravings on my musket ��

Soulfly
09-02-2015, 03:10 PM
but id love to pay some extra to get some personal items or any kind of engravings on my musket ��

but..why, cant you donate your money to some charity instead ? i dont want to be offensive but this exactly whats wrong with gaming nowadays, thanks to EA and all those publishers :mad:

Josy_Wales
09-02-2015, 03:31 PM
I dont see the problem here. Personal things ingame are fun to some people (like me), and you dont need to agree or understand why if you dont want to. I have donated quite a lot of money to charity over the years (still do) so dont tell me how to use my money.

Pvt.Scott
09-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Amen. Ive seen videos and now they've added scopes that you can add to your rifle and im like WHAT! YOU JUST MADE EVERY ONE A SNIPER AND THATS THE MAIN PROBLEM OF THE GAME! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO MAKE THIS GAME INSURGENCY! (which is an awesome game) PLZ devs no crosshairs they would be worthless in this game. A good price to this game would be anywhere between 2$ to 15$ like insurgency. well at least early on later you could raise the price.

Rithal
09-04-2015, 12:17 AM
I doubt the devs are even thinking about adding crosshairs. Also, on a side not, the scope of this game is far greater than Insurgency's. I would hope the developers would charge a little more than $15 with all of the hard work they have put into this XD

@Josy_wales I would be fine with buying personalized items as long as they can be unlocked in game as well, and by that, I don't mean they are only unlocked after weeks of play. :)

Remis
09-05-2015, 12:18 PM
Im not against adding some additional stuff like musket skins , uniforms etc.(It would be great if this game would be F2P but that just an idea) but as long as that doesn`t have any effect on the gameplay...For example H&G is complete crap because of P2W , but yeah it`s F2P but it did the F2P thing wrong...Because you need to grind a lot of time in that game or just spend real life money to buy OP weapons compared to the free ones...

Legochiel
09-05-2015, 12:22 PM
I will pay double to not have it free to play.

Josy_Wales
09-05-2015, 04:09 PM
I am totally opposed to purchasing advantages in the game, but being able to buy small personal things to your online character. Like being able to carve something into your musket stock/canteen or for a little more money, get some ironwork done on your musket barrel with the possibility of having your in game name written on it or something. Some more examples could be: Blanket patterns, cartridges/feathers or something else on your hat/kepi, religious necklaces. This could be fully optional, and is just to get you more attached to your character and for sticking a bit out yet not ruining the historical factor.

In the future of this game I would love to see hats being worn different ways, the option of having your sleeves pulled up and other things said before to make an in game character/ in game regiment to look as real/different from each other as possible. Im thinking far into development, and its just my ambitious ideas :)

Mi'kmaq
09-05-2015, 06:58 PM
I am totally opposed to purchasing advantages in the game, but being able to buy small personal things to your online character. Like being able to carve something into your musket stock/canteen or for a little more money, get some ironwork done on your musket barrel with the possibility of having your in game name written on it or something. Some more examples could be: Blanket patterns, cartridges/feathers or something else on your hat/kepi, religious necklaces. This could be fully optional, and is just to get you more attached to your character and for sticking a bit out yet not ruining the historical factor.

In the future of this game I would love to see hats being worn different ways, the option of having your sleeves pulled up and other things said before to make an in game character/ in game regiment to look as real/different from each other as possible. Im thinking far into development, and its just my ambitious ideas :)
Hmmmm, ok, now you've got my attention.

Rithal
09-06-2015, 02:51 AM
Hmmmm..... Lets think about this :D

Most soldiers involved in the Civil War were paid. They had to keep this money somewhere, such as.... in their knapsack. If someone died, chances were they might have had some money on them, and it was likely that they were probably searched for useful things prior to burial. It might be cool to give each player a fraction of the actual monthly pay in the Civil War, as well as some extra money to account for looted money at the end of each battle. After battles players can be brought to a "Suttler" screen where they can use the money gathered after each battle to purchase new things like pistols, weapons, new shoes, different underclothes, new blankets, ect.

Anyone? Anyone? Should I start a new thread on this or naw? :D

Josy_Wales
09-06-2015, 05:20 PM
The reasons why I think this should cost real money if its implemented is:

1. The devs got to get profit from it since its going to be hard and time consuming to implement, and its not a crucial part gameplay wise.
2. It works better if not everyone got the extra things since I think there will be a quite good customization possibility for everyone.

But I like the idea of being able to unlock, at least some items and as long as its rare and takes time.

Octavian360
09-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Honestly, get this game on steam have it set for $15 - $20 (maybe even $5 if its put on for early access). Possibly have micro-transactions for uniforms or units.

Macca
09-06-2015, 10:39 PM
Im not against adding some additional stuff like musket skins , uniforms etc.(It would be great if this game would be F2P but that just an idea) but as long as that doesn`t have any effect on the gameplay...For example H&G is complete crap because of P2W , but yeah it`s F2P but it did the F2P thing wrong...Because you need to grind a lot of time in that game or just spend real life money to buy OP weapons compared to the free ones...

Musket skins? Urban DDPAT camo for muskets?

Mi'kmaq
09-06-2015, 10:48 PM
Musket skins? Urban DDPAT camo for muskets?
Musket skins is a really silly idea. Doesn't make sense in the least.

BestPancakeEver
09-08-2015, 03:40 PM
no that would turn this game into heroes and generals which Is totally pay to win and that would turn this game into a pay to win game. WHICH is not fun at all.

its not pay to win, its pay to unlock....

Rithal
09-09-2015, 12:38 AM
its not pay to win, its pay to unlock....

But lets be honest here. Who really wants to spend hours grinding for one thing that some guy with spare cash can get in 30 seconds? Its a complete turnoff in my opinion to those who don't want to blow money on in game items.

BestPancakeEver
09-09-2015, 05:49 AM
But lets be honest here. Who really wants to spend hours grinding for one thing that some guy with spare cash can get in 30 seconds? Its a complete turnoff in my opinion to those who don't want to blow money on in game items.

So your saying every f2p game is a turnoff? including warthunder (which is actually p2w)?

Mi'kmaq
09-09-2015, 06:13 AM
So your saying every f2p game is a turnoff? including warthunder (which is actually p2w)?
Some games are meant to be f2p and some aren't. I think the majority of us agree that War of Rights is definitely not meant to be a game like War Thunder.

Rithal
09-10-2015, 01:31 AM

Games like Warthunder have very good matchmaking and the gameplay is actually fun XD If you buy a tier three plane in Warthunder, you will get placed against mostly other tier three planes, however in games like.... Heroes and Generals, you can buy a tank and get placed against a team full of players who have kar98s XD