PDA

View Full Version : Pledge $ reflected in officer rank in-game

Praetor
06-10-2018, 11:49 PM
Would be cool if you spawn an officer your skin has the rank of the pledge you submitted. Might promote more spending too. Realistically a colonel shouldn't be leading 4 guys anyways.

McMuffin
06-11-2018, 04:54 AM
The developers said that you will be able to choose whatever 'skin', or I assume you mean rank insignia, in the officer scale and enlisted scale.

A. P. Hill
06-11-2018, 01:24 PM
Sure.

Why not?

After all, we're experiencing issue with a minimum of 4 officers per side now, what do you suppose it would be like with every player being an officer?, after all, only captains and higher officer donation tiers are currently allowed.

Nah, I think not a good thing.

Praetor
06-11-2018, 04:46 PM
Sure.

Why not?

After all, we're experiencing issue with a minimum of 4 officers per side now, what do you suppose it would be like with every player being an officer?, after all, only captains and higher officer donation tiers are currently allowed.

Nah, I think not a good thing.

It would level out when it goes to early access. Just thought it might be a cool way to impliment in-game promotion of funding.

Hinkel
06-11-2018, 04:54 PM
This would actually be pretty complex.
We would need a full data base of players and their pledge ranks, which would be linked with the ingame servers and so on ;)

So its better to spend time on the class selection screen, in which you can set your rank yourself.

Redleader
06-11-2018, 05:20 PM
This would actually be pretty complex.
We would need a full data base of players and their pledge ranks, which would be linked with the ingame servers and so on ;)

So its better to spend time on the class selection screen, in which you can set your rank yourself.

The 'pledge rank' would also restrict 'lower pledges' to certain ranks ingame, while they could have attained a higher rank in their regiment.
I do prefer 'company tool' as leading making it so that 'Regiment' and 'rank' are assigned automatically*, but for simplicity I agree with Hinkel that doing a manual selection at the 'loadout screen' also works.

* This would be a problem for the 'higher' ranks since they are not implemented yet in company tool.

SwingKid148
06-11-2018, 08:27 PM

Kerf Baylor
06-11-2018, 10:43 PM
Better yet - Eliminate all officer rank in the game and send the Josie Wales packing!

Kerf

Eddy Rich
06-14-2018, 03:20 AM
Honestly, I don't think ranks and command should be determined by wealth.
(As much as it was back then.)