PDA

View Full Version : Colored Troops?

AwkwardPandabear
09-07-2015, 07:56 AM
I had recently been looking at the pictures, videos, and the character variation video. And I did not see any African American regiments or characters in the media. Will the colored regiments and soldiers be implemented into the game? Of course colored regiments might not have been raised by the time of the Maryland Campaign. But if there were colored regiments involved in the Maryland Campaign it would be cool to see them in the game. It would add another layer of depth and realism to the game.

Soulfly
09-07-2015, 08:21 AM
I had recently been looking at the pictures, videos, and the character variation video. And I did not see any African American regiments or characters in the media. Will the colored regiments and soldiers be implemented into the game? Of course colored regiments might not have been raised by the time of the Maryland Campaign. But if there were colored regiments involved in the Maryland Campaign it would be cool to see them in the game. It would add another layer of depth and realism to the game.

During the Maryland Campaign colored troops were indeed not present, therefore it would be unrealistic implementing them.

Hinkel
09-07-2015, 08:57 AM
Indeed.. Colored troops were possible after the Emancipation Proclamation, which was announced after the campaign ;)

Mi'kmaq
09-07-2015, 09:03 AM
I remember reading something regarding Negro soldiers at Antietam. This book cites eyewitness accounts of the Antietam campaign of "armed blacks in rebel columns bearing rifles, sabers, and knives and carrying knapsacks and haversacks." It's called Black Confederates and Afro-Yankees in Civil War Virginia by Erwin L. Jordan. I'm not sure if this is legit or not, so I wouldn't take this as fact , but it has been cited by newspapers and the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

There were some Lumbee at Antietam. Mixed race tribe of black, Indian, and white descent. Some Goins' (Well known Lumbee family) fell at Antietam and are buried at the Antietam National Cemetery.

AwkwardPandabear
09-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Ok, thank you guys for the replys. I wanted to make sure that colored troops hadn't been used during the Battle of Antietam just in case they had been.