PDA

View Full Version : Friday Community Event

Shiloh
07-18-2018, 02:58 PM
2 EST every Wednesday Line Battle Event

We had our first event last Wednesday (8-1-18) and everything went as well as could be expected for a first time event. Below I've put some basic rules and what I've been doing is posting in the chat during the event as much as I can asking pubs to find a line and fall in with them. We really need another Union regiment or two so if you're interested or if you know of any EU regiments that want to take part please let them know.

The more we get the word out, the more it will grow.

Basic event rules

- Line battles will be fought on Antietam maps (from 1-3 lines total) to start and as numbers for this event grow, we could have even more lines.
- In the event numbers are low overall, commanders can agree to fight non line battle events on Harper’s Ferry maps as an alternative.
- Miller’s Cornfield will not be fought, and Confederates will rush the point (without waiting 2 minutes) and cap so that map will advance to next. Union will wait in spawn until map is over.
- Both sides will stay out in the open during line battle events and not hide behind fences, trees, caissons, buildings, etc.

Committed companies (will be updated):

Union
95th New York Co. B - Maj. Ross

Confederate
18th North Carolina Co. A - Capt. von-Winkler
4th Texas Co. K - Capt. Krzyzanowski
3rd Alabama Co. A - Capt. Carter

Warboy
07-18-2018, 03:22 PM
1pm est is too earlier for a lot of us even some of my EU guys don't get back home until 2pm est, that's even when some brits are still getting back from home, I would stay to your original suggested time of 3pm est or 2pm est at the earliest, just imo. wouldn't be much NA presence because of the early times.

- Warboy

Shiloh
07-18-2018, 03:38 PM
1pm est is too earlier for a lot of us even some of my EU guys don't get back home until 2pm est, that's even when some brits are still getting back from home, I would stay to your original suggested time of 3pm est or 2pm est at the earliest, just imo. wouldn't be much NA presence because of the early times.

- Warboy

That's a good suggestion thank you Warboy.

Tyler28256
07-18-2018, 03:44 PM
My guys could come at 3pm est most likely

Shiloh
07-18-2018, 03:58 PM
My guys could come at 3pm est most likely

Thanks Capt. Tyler! I've added you to the list on the first post and I appreciate your support.

Stone
07-18-2018, 06:37 PM
I sent out a message to my Company. After I gather some information from them I will let you know if we can commit or if a different time would work better.

Dutchconfederate
07-18-2018, 07:19 PM
Are there any groups I'm leaving out?

Yes 3rd Alabama Company A

Shiloh
07-18-2018, 07:41 PM
Yes 3rd Alabama Company A

:o I'll go ahead and commit you guys and my apologies for leaving you off that first post... I've since added the 6th.

Dutchconfederate
07-18-2018, 08:15 PM
:o I'll go ahead and commit you guys and my apologies for leaving you off that first post... I've since added the 6th.

Nah no worries haha its just -3 the 3rd Alabama

Shiloh
07-18-2018, 08:24 PM
I sent out a message to my Company. After I gather some information from them I will let you know if we can commit or if a different time would work better.

Forgive me as I don't know everyone here, which is your Company? I see the 95 on your avatar so 95th New York?

Nah no worries haha its just -3 the 3rd Alabama

Not just the 3rd Alabama... it's THE 3rd Alabama.

Shiloh
07-23-2018, 02:40 PM
We have just added the 18th North Carolina led by Capt. von-Winkler. Do we have any others who can commit?

MattHolland2017
07-23-2018, 06:39 PM
Ill try to see if my guys can go. Ill let Warboy know if we can or not

Edward Thomas
07-24-2018, 06:36 AM
the 45th Georgia Doesnt have Enough active guys, but we will support this event!

Shiloh
07-29-2018, 04:01 PM
Ill try to see if my guys can go. Ill let Warboy know if we can or not

Please communicate with me on Steam directly Capt. Holland or here.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/winn1/

Also, I'm coordinating a Discord call tomorrow at 2 EST to see if we can get company/regiment heads together to hash out with this event will look like. I've messaged each leader on Steam.

Warboy, were you able to get any guys together?

Riversong
08-01-2018, 05:39 PM
Can anyone join, or is it for regiments only?

TrustyJam
08-01-2018, 05:43 PM

All alpha events are open to anyone with alpha access. :)

- Trusty

Riversong
08-01-2018, 05:45 PM
All alpha events are open to anyone with alpha access. :)

- Trusty

Cool, thanks.

Shiloh
08-01-2018, 08:44 PM

Thanks for coming Riversong and for falling in with the 95th New York during the battles. It was a good first event with 50+ guys at one point and I'll be posting back here with more info. ahead of next Wednesday's event.

Also thanks to the 95th NY, 18th NC, and II Corps (1st GA and others) who showed up to make it a good first event.

Severus
08-02-2018, 02:48 AM
I look forward to the next one, I wish I could have made it tonight!

Shiloh
08-03-2018, 03:12 PM
I look forward to the next one, I wish I could have made it tonight!

I look forward to seeing you in there Severus. If you're not currently with a regiment, just fall in with a line on whatever side you're on and have fun!

Severus
08-04-2018, 08:22 PM
I am most certainly looking forward to yet another event on War of Rights.. Thank you so much for putting this wonderful event together for everyone! :)

Shiloh
08-06-2018, 03:46 AM
I am most certainly looking forward to yet another event on War of Rights.. Thank you so much for putting this wonderful event together for everyone! :)

You're welcome!

Moody
08-06-2018, 02:15 PM
If it's EU event, we're in. 4thTX Company K - Capt.Thomas Krzyzanowski. But i didn't understand when.

Shiloh
08-06-2018, 05:01 PM
If it's EU event, we're in. 4thTX Company K - Capt.Thomas Krzyzanowski. But i didn't understand when.

Thanks for your interest Capt. Krzyzanowski. The time is 2 EST and we'll be in there again this Wednesday. I've updated the first post with the basic rules of the event. Check your DM here on the forums. I've sent you a Discord invite.

Shiloh
08-06-2018, 05:09 PM
First post of thread has been updated with relevant information for this Wednesdays upcoming line battle event.

https://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?5410-Wednesday-Community-Event

CptData
08-06-2018, 07:34 PM
2:00pm EST = 8:00pm CEST (for our EU fellows).

There you go.

Shiloh
08-06-2018, 08:41 PM
2:00pm EST = 8:00pm CEST (for our EU fellows).

There you go.

Thanks... there's a reason they call you CptData. :D

Shiloh
08-08-2018, 02:51 PM
Alright folks, week 2 of the Wednesday EU event is today at 2 EST/8 CEST.

Your Wednesday can be boring and filled with nothing inspiring or you can jump on at those times and instantly improve your day. :D

Just a rehash of some of the basic rules we're trying to adhere to:

Basic event rules

- Line battles will be fought on Antietam maps (from 1-3 lines total) to start and as numbers for this event grow, we could have even more lines.
- In the event numbers are low overall, commanders can agree to fight non line battle events on Harper’s Ferry maps as an alternative.
- Miller’s Cornfield will not be fought, and Confederates will rush the point (without waiting 2 minutes) and cap so that map will advance to next. Union will wait in spawn until map is over.
- Both sides will stay out in the open during line battle events and not hide behind fences, trees, caissons, buildings, etc.

Riversong
08-08-2018, 03:08 PM
2 EST every Wednesday Line Battle Event

Basic event rules

Forgive me, Noob here, but what does that mean. How do you know what map is up next?

Tyler28256
08-08-2018, 03:46 PM
Forgive me, Noob here, but what does that mean. How do you know what map is up next?

They released a list of all the maps in order.

East Woods Skirmish
Hooker's Push
Hagerstown Turnpike
Miller's Cornfield
East Woods
Nicodemus Hill
Bloody Lane
Pry Ford
Pry Grist Mill
Pry House
West Woods
Dunker Church
Burnside Bridge
Cooke's Countercharge
Otto & Sherrick Farm
Roulette Lane
Piper Farm
Hill's Counterattack

Shiloh
08-15-2018, 04:27 PM
Beat those midweek blues with some good sharp fights today at 2 EST/8 EST. :D

Shiloh
08-21-2018, 10:38 PM
I will not be there tomorrow as I'll be in Washington DC on business but the Wednesday event will go on as scheduled.

Shiloh
08-23-2018, 05:14 PM
Thanks to everyone who came out this week to support this event!

I heard the numbers were good and the fights were solid and let's keep growing this by getting the word out to not only EU players, but to those in NA who have 'non'traditional' schedules.

Dutchconfederate
08-23-2018, 06:40 PM
Thanks to everyone who came out this week to support this event!

I heard the numbers were good and the fights were solid and let's keep growing this by getting the word out to not only EU players, but to those in NA who have 'non'traditional' schedules.

Was a very nice event yet again.
Great initiative and hope it's grows in numbers

Shiloh
08-29-2018, 03:36 PM
Was a very nice event yet again.
Great initiative and hope it's grows in numbers

I'm glad you enjoyed it... just 3.5 hours until our next fight!

Warboy
09-01-2018, 10:54 PM
War of Rights Community Steam Group(7,800 members) is up and running and scheduling community events again, please get you and all your men to join the group https://steamcommunity.com/groups/WORCOMM

Shiloh
09-02-2018, 01:30 AM
War of Rights Community Steam Group(7,800 members) is up and running and scheduling community events again, please get you and all your men to join the group https://steamcommunity.com/groups/WORCOMM

So post events on the Steam Group AND on here?

BTW there's been a discussion and it's very likely this event will now switch to 3 EST/9 CEST on Friday's.

Shiloh
09-05-2018, 04:13 AM
After some discussions with the leaders of companies/regiments supporting this event, we've decided to officially move this event to Friday's at 3 EST/9 CEST. We feel it aligns better with people's schedules and there's a strong chance we can garner additional support from the handful of regiments who drill on that day and around that time.

To rehash, the Wednesday event will not be held this week, but rather will start Friday of this week.

Thanks everyone for your support and please come out if it works in your schedule.

Shiloh
09-07-2018, 04:07 PM
Friday afternoon event in just 4 hours. Come join us for some spirited fights!

I should probably have one of the devs change the title of this thread to Friday Community Event.

Dutchconfederate
09-07-2018, 10:28 PM
Friday afternoon event in just 4 hours. Come join us for some spirited fights!

I should probably have one of the devs change the title of this thread to Friday Community Event.

Fun event today with the New Yorkers and 42nd PA guys, Warboy, 3rd AL and some II tags
Had some good numbers and some solid fighting

Shiloh
09-08-2018, 05:17 PM
Alright, I've messaged some devs about changing the title of this thread to help avoid confusion but that hasn't happened :rolleyes: so I'm just going to create a new thread entitled Friday Community (EU) Event.

The Wednesday event is dead and this is the the event that has replaced it. Forum thread here.

https://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?5522-Friday-Community-(EU)-Event&p=82948#post82948