PDA

View Full Version : Fast reload option

rebeldestroyer
09-10-2015, 05:46 AM
So, imagine you are a Union soldier in a line and are being charged by a whole regiment of Confederate soldiers. Your adrenaline would be rushing. This brings me to suggest that there should simply be a "fast reload" option. This would mean that your reload time would be decreased by 3-5 seconds. But, to avoid people abusing this there should be a 30%-50% chance of your gun malfunctioning and not firing. This would make it so that "fast reload" can and should only be used in a predicament. So, if there is a 30%-50% chance of a malfunction, using "fast reload" would not be viable in line battles because you would be losing 1/3 to 1/2 of your firepower. this mechanic should be used when your regiment is being charged by another. I am aware that this might make charges useless but after you see results from the skirmish battles and player feedback you could buff the malfunction percentages and the time by which the reload time will be decreased.

P.S. I want this game to come out and I don't care if it has 1 million bugs at release.

Soulfly
09-10-2015, 06:44 AM
So, imagine you are a Union soldier in a line and are being charged by a whole regiment of Confederate soldiers. Your adrenaline would be rushing. This brings me to suggest that there should simply be a "fast reload" option. This would mean that your reload time would be decreased by 3-5 seconds.

Actually the effect would be the opposite, stress/ adrenaline/ fear does not make yourself calm ore more focused in combat. Reloading a gun while being charged would cause stress and fear and therefore shaky hands, which is not benefiting fast reloading.

BloodBeag
09-10-2015, 12:46 PM
Yeah you would reload slower and worser so there would be a higher chance of malfunction. It could be good to add malfunctions and misfires into the game as muskets weren't exactly high-tech so you could have it not firing at all, firing early or late or possibly going off as you are loading it and blowing your hand off. Just thoughts

rebeldestroyer
09-10-2015, 03:23 PM
yea good point so what you are saying is there should only be negative effects when being charged

Soulfly
09-10-2015, 06:55 PM
yea good point so what you are saying is there should only be negative effects when being charged

not necessarily, but its unrealistic and not logical if there would be good effects...every veteran who has been under fire would agree. On the other hand there good be "good" effects when you a charging or inflecting casualties on the enemy.

Bravescot
09-10-2015, 07:21 PM

Stuff like that is just not needed for a game like this sorry to say.

Rithal
09-10-2015, 11:48 PM
What about something Darkest of Days did? You press a button at the correct time and you get a slightly faster reload, however if you dont hit it at the correct time the reload takes longer. In addition, even if you did it perfectly, there is a much higher chance that the gun misfires. Anyone? Anyone? :D

rebeldestroyer
09-11-2015, 12:00 AM
What about something Darkest of Days did? You press a button at the correct time and you get a slightly faster reload, however if you dont hit it at the correct time the reload takes longer. In addition, even if you did it perfectly, there is a much higher chance that the gun misfires. Anyone? Anyone?
yes that is a good idea but maybe it should be something like the higher your morale is the bigger the perfect reload bar is and vise versa. But i dont think they've sad anything about a morale system

Rithal
09-11-2015, 12:34 AM
yes that is a good idea but maybe it should be something like the higher your morale is the bigger the perfect reload bar is and vise versa. But i dont think they've sad anything about a morale system

We will probably find out if there is one during the Kickstarter.

rebeldestroyer
09-11-2015, 02:10 AM
i cant wait until kickstarter. it will be a field report times 10 probably

Mi'kmaq
09-11-2015, 03:33 AM
What about something Darkest of Days did? You press a button at the correct time and you get a slightly faster reload, however if you dont hit it at the correct time the reload takes longer. In addition, even if you did it perfectly, there is a much higher chance that the gun misfires. Anyone? Anyone? :D

I really do like that idea. Would make battles even more interesting.

rebeldestroyer
09-11-2015, 04:50 AM
Instead of the whole " press the button at the right time mechanic" I think it would be easier to just have left click as normal reload, and right click as fast reload with a chance of a malfunction

Bravescot
09-11-2015, 08:30 AM
Instead of the whole " press the button at the right time mechanic" I think it would be easier to just have left click as normal reload, and right click as fast reload with a chance of a malfunction

I just feel a single reload system for everyone just hit R and you reload at a set pace would just keep things simple to start with.