PDA

View Full Version : Battlecries

DEAD HUNTER
09-13-2015, 09:41 AM
Will there be battlecries? Like in Mount And Blade series. It would be cool having a mississipi accent shouting something random. It would also add a little more action to the charges when you hear a full regiment of southern rednecks shouting while coming at you. Maybe there should be a bonus with the battlecries? For example 20% more speed when charging and ofcourse there would be a cooldown to avoid spam.

Hinkel
09-13-2015, 10:11 AM
We will offer battle cries, yep!
The problem is to find good actors, which can perform those different accents. Sadly its nothing a fan could do, cause you don't have the equipment to record that high quality stuff. A regular microphone via Teamspeak is not working at all. While we would like to offer every kind of accents, we will mostly have a short number of generic voices in the first playable version.

Historical Player
09-13-2015, 02:32 PM
As long as the famous "Leedle Lee" battle cry is in I am fine!

Bravescot
09-13-2015, 06:26 PM
As long as the famous "Leedle Lee" battle cry is in I am fine!

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerooooy! JENKINS!!!

Rithal
09-13-2015, 11:59 PM
Well, I imagine that it would be possible for a fan who desired to rent out a local recording studio for an afternoon and make some recordings there. I'm not sure if that would work but seems possible.

Soulfly
09-14-2015, 08:42 AM
Renting a studio is a costly thing...initially i would think of asking reenactors,could look like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buZ1M3iN-UE ( at 3:22) though a single person could do the rebell yell, you still need a variety of voices to have best possible effect.