PDA

View Full Version : Adding remarks to deserters

Easty
09-11-2018, 05:07 AM
Hello,

I have an issue where a person joined my unit, then deserted. I was going to add into his comments what happened but was not able to. Is this a bug?

brentcarter
09-11-2018, 06:02 AM
Hello,

I have an issue where a person joined my unit, then deserted. I was going to add into his comments what happened but was not able to. Is this a bug?

After he deserted you lose the option to write something in his profile.

Easty
09-11-2018, 06:37 AM
After he deserted you lose the option to write something in his profile.

Well, I think that completely defeats the purpose.

Charles Caldwell
09-11-2018, 08:31 AM
What about on the flip side.... what if its used to discredit the person who is innocent of any crime?

A. P. Hill
09-11-2018, 01:17 PM
Not to worry, all players history follows them.

Easty
09-11-2018, 06:21 PM
Not to worry, all players history follows them.

Aye, you are correct.

Shiloh
09-12-2018, 02:22 AM
I had a guy join recently who had abruptly left other regiments. He also switched between CSA and USA numerous times. When I asked him about it he said he was still learning the ropes and didn't know what he was doing. I flat out asked him if he could show commitment and he said "yes". So I gave him a chance. Two hours before drill he was all set and coming, then didn't show up, then abruptly deserted and cut off all contact from Discord and Steam. No reason, just wasting my time and you know what, if I could put a big red check mark on this guy it would save other commanders the time of not having to make the same mistake.

His name is...

No, I wouldn't do that. :rolleyes:

Easty
09-14-2018, 03:37 AM
I had a guy join recently who had abruptly left other regiments. He also switched between CSA and USA numerous times. When I asked him about it he said he was still learning the ropes and didn't know what he was doing. I flat out asked him if he could show commitment and he said "yes". So I gave him a chance. Two hours before drill he was all set and coming, then didn't show up, then abruptly deserted and cut off all contact from Discord and Steam. No reason, just wasting my time and you know what, if I could put a big red check mark on this guy it would save other commanders the time of not having to make the same mistake.

His name is...

No, I wouldn't do that. :rolleyes:

Hahah.

Anti
02-15-2019, 12:00 PM
On the other hand, you have inactive units which you can be discharged from. And the only way to join a new one is to desert.

1SGT Shannon
02-15-2019, 03:21 PM
I have A LOT of players who joined and have not shown up, some for over two years. I am in the process of trimming them from the roster. Before I do so, I write "Missing" in the comments and honorably discharge them. I feel that this is the gentlemanly thing to do. I have no idea why they have not shown up and do not want them to have trouble finding another company to join, yet the prospective company's commander should enlist them under advisement. Missing is about as neutral a term as I think I can use.

Cairnsy44
02-19-2019, 09:53 PM
I have A LOT of players who joined and have not shown up, some for over two years. I am in the process of trimming them from the roster. Before I do so, I write "Missing" in the comments and honorably discharge them. I feel that this is the gentlemanly thing to do. I have no idea why they have not shown up and do not want them to have trouble finding another company to join, yet the prospective company's commander should enlist them under advisement. Missing is about as neutral a term as I think I can use.

That sounds good to me. It's not like we actually have bounty jumpers, so they are, indeed, missing.