PDA

View Full Version : Battle shirts, Vests, and Button Options

Beanbomb
09-23-2015, 08:12 PM
One thing that I think could be a neat addition to the customization would be 3 things: Battle Shirts, Vests and buttons.

I know that many confederates wore something called "battle shirts". Now I don't know if they would've been worn during the Maryland campaign, but I believe it could be something to look into. This was also a Confederate thing only I believe.

I also know that vests were worn during the civil war, and this could be a customization option for cavalry to wear on the field. Again, I'm not sure how common vest would've been during this campaign.

On final thing I believe would be an excellent addition to the soldier customization would be how many buttons are closed. In reenacting, we are told when its hot to unbutton some of our bottom buttons, and this could be a small, but neat addition to the soldier customization.

Pvt.Scott
09-23-2015, 10:08 PM
welcome to the forum

Rithal
09-23-2015, 11:57 PM
The devs will probably try to give us as many customization options as possible, which is good for us! :D

I do like the idea for the buttons. It would add THAT much more realism :P

Octavian360
09-24-2015, 04:37 PM
This is where I think Micro-transactions would be acceptable.

RhettVito
09-24-2015, 07:03 PM
One thing that I think could be a neat addition to the customization would be 3 things: Battle Shirts, Vests and buttons.

I know that many confederates wore something called "battle shirts". Now I don't know if they would've been worn during the Maryland campaign, but I believe it could be something to look into. This was also a Confederate thing only I believe.

I also know that vests were worn during the civil war, and this could be a customization option for cavalry to wear on the field. Again, I'm not sure how common vest would've been during this campaign.

On final thing I believe would be an excellent addition to the soldier customization would be how many buttons are closed. In reenacting, we are told when its hot to unbutton some of our bottom buttons, and this could be a small, but neat addition to the soldier customization.

"Battle shirts are very very early war by 1862 the confederates had uniforms but not all matching ! Here is a good look at the 1st TX for reenacting regiment this is how I hope the uniforms turn out for War of Rights
this is a good show if what a confederate unit would look like from Sharpsburg-Gettysburg

Rithal
09-28-2015, 02:21 AM
This is where I think Micro-transactions would be acceptable.

I would like to not pay money for example, a cool looking hat, or all of my buttons buttoned except for one, after already buying the game. XD The only possible way I see the developers making more money off of this game farther down the road past the initial content is dlc. More maps, more campaigns, new gameplay, ect. I just don't want to see them charge for something that should already be in the base game, which I doubt they will ever do.

Bravescot
09-28-2015, 03:01 AM
I am 100% unwilling to spend any money on uniform items in game for customization and feels strongly it should be avoided at all costs

Simon445
09-28-2015, 03:50 PM
The devs will probably try to give us as many customization options as possible, which is good for us! :D

I do like the idea for the buttons. It would add THAT much more realism :P

ACOG scope on my musket...... plz. :p

jk ofcourse ;)

William
10-03-2015, 06:39 AM
I am 100% unwilling to spend any money on uniform items in game for customization and feels strongly it should be avoided at all costs

I understand you Mr. Bravescot but.... if its only for the look why not let People spend Money on "clothing DLCS" it changes nothing on the Gameplay and it would bring some extra Money for the devs :)