PDA

View Full Version : The subject of Artillery

GreyDog58
09-28-2015, 08:01 PM
One thing that's a wonder to me in warfare, Is artillery. I don't know what it is, Just being that guy miles away from the battle, lobbing rounds and giving the enemy "Shellshock". I ponder what types of artillery will be in game, Mainly Cannons and Howitzers. As well as artillery trains. Another question, will there be an option for arty trains? (I.E. Horse Artillery, foot artillery etc.)

If I could get a small crumb of information, I would be grateful :D

Thanks.

TrustyJam
09-28-2015, 08:04 PM
Artillery will be present in the early phases of the skirmishes releases. It'll be in a very simplistic form however. Later on, we do have plans of adding a more complex artillery branch to the game.

- Trusty

GreyDog58
09-28-2015, 08:12 PM
Artillery will be present in the early phases of the skirmishes releases. It'll be in a very simplistic form however. Later on, we do have plans of adding a more complex artillery branch to the game.

- Trusty

Thanks for the response. I will be counting the days for kickstarter. :P

Legion
10-01-2015, 04:42 AM
Idk if this question has been asked or answered but will arty be mobile? Will you be able to move it across the field of battle as conditions change?

NorthernRanger
10-16-2015, 04:22 PM
I also have a question regarding artillery, will the arty play similar to NaS or are you guys adding a whole new experience?

Legion
10-16-2015, 04:33 PM
From what I've read I think they are gonna make it as realistic as possible and require multiple people to operate it if you want to be effective

McLovin
10-16-2015, 04:43 PM
I want to see the artillery in this game.

Just the thought of multiple people operating a cannon, the firing... I'm already hyped.

PanicBrigade
10-17-2015, 01:42 AM
I also have a question regarding artillery, will the arty play similar to NaS or are you guys adding a whole new experience?

If you've played NW or NaS which I'm going to assume you have. You'll have probably noticed how most people with experience in artillery use the third person camera when aiming because of low the visibility is in 1st person mode. I'm just saying this because if they don't plan to add a 3rd person cam for when shooting cannons this could go really bad since artillery is such an important component of the armies

yoyo8346
10-17-2015, 03:48 AM
If you've played NW or NaS which I'm going to assume you have. You'll have probably noticed how most people with experience in artillery use the third person camera when aiming because of low the visibility is in 1st person mode. I'm just saying this because if they don't plan to add a 3rd person cam for when shooting cannons this could go really bad since artillery is such an important component of the armies

I see a pattern in your posts PanicBrigade :P . You keep wanting the developers to add things that make War of Rights more similar to Mount & Blade. This is a different game. Having a 3rd person view when operating a cannon would provide an unrealistic vantage point. I'm sure they will also exclude any digital crosshair at all. I assume a period ballistic aiming system will be used to aim artillery.

Leifr
10-17-2015, 11:47 AM

I think you really meant "it'll be perfect without a third person view".
I don't wish to drag this towards Mount and Blade, or suggest that the team have to consider it (because I am sure that they are already working towards it) but I believe an artillery system that operated to the full extent would be most beneficial to War of Rights. The most superior system I found in Warband came from the Deluge module, an explanation may be found in the attached video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DpvcUPZW2A

A. P. Hill
10-17-2015, 06:00 PM
One thing terribly wrong with that video.

YOU NEVER STAND IN FRONT OF THE PIECE WHEN LOADING.

Gman
10-17-2015, 07:08 PM
I still hope to have artillery guard in this game. :)

AngryNorwegian
10-18-2015, 02:39 AM
I think there needs to be a crosshair for the aiming. People are just going to stick a piece of tape in the middle of their screen anyways and mastering the aim is going to be a painful process without it.

A. P. Hill
10-18-2015, 02:40 AM
seriously? a piece of tape? :D

Legion
10-18-2015, 05:24 AM
I don't think it will be like NW at all. I'm sure there will be multiple people operating the gun, and I'm sure guns won't be aimed like in NW. I think there will be realistic controls that will make you adjust the range realistically, I hope it's realistic.

Leifr
10-18-2015, 10:28 AM
I think there needs to be a crosshair for the aiming. People are just going to stick a piece of tape in the middle of their screen anyways and mastering the aim is going to be a painful process without it.

I am inclined to agree that some people will feel the need to manipulate their hit chances by sticking a piece of tape or blu-tac to their screen, but I do not believe that the developers should automatically rescind to the inclusion of a cross heir just because of a minority. I look forward to seeing how the artillery system will work, I'm sure there are many more folk whom have no desire to stick anything on their screens than those who do. Besides, many artillery pieces had small iron sights.