PDA

View Full Version : Joint Drill

MattHolland2017
11-10-2018, 02:37 AM
Hello brothers of the Union. Friday (12-14-2018) at 8:00PM Eastern/5:00PM Pacific, there will be a multiple company drill on the USA Bolivar Heights Drill Camp (East if the server is up or Test if it isn't). By "Joint Drills," I mean this is a call out to ALL Union companies that are looking to bring more unity to our side. Let's face it - one of the chief weaknesses of the Union side is a disunity that comes with many many small companies and a few large ones. We want to begin to remedy this.

The drills will be as follows.

Basic movement drills (facing, marching, halting etc)
Arms Discipline (Bayonet, shoulder arms, right shoulder shift, parade rest, etc)
Firing Drills (Fire by file, by company, volley, free fire, etc)
Speed Drills (Forming up after a charge/sprint/double quick etc)
Seeing as how there will be multiple commanders on the field, we are asking for a volunteer commander to lead each of the above drills (1 commander for each category). This drill is not about making your company look the best or recruiting new members. This gathering is meant to form the beginning of a true cohesion for the Union side. At the conclusion of these drills, companies may go their separate ways and run their organizations as they always have.

If the drill is a success, we can schedule future ones.

Requirements to lead a drill section - Company leaders preferred, post puberty (no high squeaky voices), a mic that works, experience leading drills, a willingness to treat all assembled companies with the same respect you treat your own.

If multiple volunteers sign up for the same drill section, you will be placed in a queue as you respond to this post. Each drill moves you up that queue. Meaning, if you are second to volunteer to lead a specific drill section, you will lead it on the second joint drill gathering and so on.

If you are interested, please reply to this post with the following.

Your (or your commander's) name:
Estimated number of attendees
Drill section you want to volunteer to lead (if you prefer not to lead, that is fine too)

Thanks. Union forever!!

This will be very helpful to other units and new members in WoR to help grow companies and improve the community

Benjamin F. Ogle
11-10-2018, 03:25 AM
72nd PVI would be proud to attend. I believe the Union companies and units need to work together more so we can fight more efficiently as the Union. If something happens that disables the 72nd from attending I will message you. See you next Saturday!

Commander(s): Me (Cpt. Ogle) and/or Major Vito if he is not busy.
Attendees: 15+

Xbwalker
11-10-2018, 03:52 PM
6thVVI would like to attend.

Commander:Scrib
Attendees:5-9
Section: Firing drills

Thanks. Looking forward to this.

Ben H. Phillips
11-10-2018, 04:00 PM
Good Luck with your Drills Matt

Benjamin F. Ogle
11-10-2018, 04:21 PM

Not going to attend? This is meant to unite the Union more since we lack coordination and this is the first step to a more coordinated Union. The Confederates have II Corps to unit their many companies but we don't have any system like that. The least we could do is try to coordinate with each other more with a simple joint drill. The leaders of Union companies can get to know each other more if they don't already and learn to work together and trust each other more on the field. Also I would like to point out that the Union really only has one active brigade I see on the field anymore and if we don't have brigades to unite companies and work with other brigades then there is no centralized command structure to help coordinate units so if we want to have a more coordinated Union we need to learn how to do basic joint drills with one another. From there we can learn to work together more and eventually form a successful system to unite the Union more on the field and off the field as well. There have been attempts by many officers to create a system to unite companies under brigades or just get companies leaders to work together more on the field but none of them work. We need to work harder towards finding a system that works better for the Union and anyways back to my point I think a joint drill is a good start to getting a more unified Union.

Xbwalker
11-10-2018, 05:15 PM
At the very least, drilling together will give our companies a familiarity and a sense of unity. The union needs to transition from a bunch of well trained companies who only do small unit tactics into a larger force that can work on multipronged attacks, unified charges, and coordinated maneuvers.

I think these joint drills are an excellent first step.

Kyle422
11-10-2018, 05:17 PM
This needs to be in the event thread moved

Sgt.Maj.Scrib
11-10-2018, 06:34 PM
6th Vermont will attend as Walker stated above. I am a bit confused about the date though due to the typo. Is it today or next week?

[1st Cav] Shifty
11-10-2018, 10:01 PM
I pray you mean next Saturday as I'm in a dust storm at the moment racing home!! But also could we try and organise this once every month or something like that as I think this Is such a great thing!

Xbwalker
11-10-2018, 10:58 PM
"Our" drills, brotha.

Join in. The more the better!

MattHolland2017
11-10-2018, 11:27 PM
fixed Thank you for catching me on that didnt see it till now

Benjamin F. Ogle
11-12-2018, 03:42 AM
Yes it's next Saturday lol.

Cairnsy44
11-12-2018, 09:20 PM
Love the idea. Hope to make it!

MattHolland2017
11-13-2018, 03:33 AM
ON WEDNESDAY AT 8pmEST I WOULD LIKE A MEETING WITH ALL COMPANY COMMANDERS TO DISCUSS HOW WE WILL BE RUNNING THE DRILL ON SATURDAY IF YOU WISH TO RECORD YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO!!!

Discord: https://discord.gg/Ugbp7Y

Steam name: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018980769/

Xbwalker
11-15-2018, 04:54 PM
See ya there man. 6thVVI will also be there.

Benjamin F. Ogle
11-16-2018, 02:37 AM
If you didn't attend the meeting I recommend you contact either of the 7th MI leaders or me. This first joint drill will be more of a test than anything. Like the first drill nothing too much is expected but hopefully this will help the Union in the long run.

Xbwalker
11-18-2018, 01:57 AM
Great drill boys! We peaked at 27 people. That may not be much by Confederate standards, but for our side, that's a good turnout.

MattHolland2017
12-05-2018, 08:28 PM
Updated

SwingKid148
12-05-2018, 08:36 PM
Sunday (12-9-2018) at 8:00PM Eastern/5:00PM Pacific,

I'd suggest picking a non-event time. I know the 9th NY will not miss an event time to do a drill. All our welcome to our NA drill on Friday at 8:00 P.M. EST.

MattHolland2017
12-11-2018, 11:12 PM
!!UPDATED!!

Companies that are attending the Drill:
7thMichigan
6th Vermont
6thWisconsin
69th New York
1st Cav
17thMI

If there are any other Companies who would be interested in Joining in on the Drill Add me on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018980769/

Galahad
04-02-2019, 08:26 AM
Is this still a thing? If not someone should revisit it as it would be great for the Union to get back into organizing more together. Couldn't hurt the CSA side either to do this more

SwingKid148
04-02-2019, 10:04 AM
Is this still a thing? If not someone should revisit it as it would be great for the Union to get back into organizing more together. Couldn't hurt the CSA side either to do this more

All union are welcome on Fridays at 8pm ET to join in with our drill on the 9th Corp Training Server.

Vulcarin
04-02-2019, 01:37 PM

Yes it is, I have taken over the duties of drill instruction after our beloved Valk stepped down. I have set it up for this Sunday on 1st Ga server set to drill camp. Please spread the word to the 6th. So we dont burn out on it(drilling) we should probably limit it to every other week, as we have been doing already with 1st Ga.

Galahad
04-02-2019, 01:58 PM
Yes it is, I have taken over the duties of drill instruction after our beloved Valk stepped down. I have set it up for this Sunday on 1st Ga server set to drill camp. Please spread the word to the 6th. So we dont burn out on it(drilling) we should probably limit it to every other week, as we have been doing already with 1st Ga.

Sweet I love the II corps drills and I know the boys will be excited! I've been doing my best to help Drunken drill the 6th but nothing beats when we get together. It's a awesome learning experience to unite and learn how to work well together.

I hope more units both USA and CSA actively pursue to do this more with each other. It really makes the events that much better when multiple units are on the same page

Galahad
04-02-2019, 02:09 PM
All union are welcome on Fridays at 8pm ET to join in with our drill on the 9th Corp Training Server.

Union bias!!! J/k. I'm glad you guys are doing this and I hope you are getting more units on board