PDA

View Full Version : War of Rights is launching on Steam Early Access December 3rd 2018!

TrustyJam
11-26-2018, 02:45 PM
We're happy to announce that War of Rights will be launching on Steam Early Access on December 3rd, 2018!

We look forward to be seeing the many new recruits on the fields of glory. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGitpP11bls

- Trusty

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-26-2018, 02:50 PM
OMG finally the next step. It was a great journey through the Alpha stage and it is great to see that you guys make the next big step. keep it up guys.

Leifr
11-26-2018, 02:50 PM
Excellent. CG are working to a fantastic pace and I applaud their efforts in this long endeavour. I look forward to what the future brings!

Melonfish
11-26-2018, 03:03 PM
INCOMMING!

Prepare for the next wave of new players, this is going to be epic, i can't wait to see those europe servers brimming with hopeful new targets er... I mean recruits...

Bloody well done to CG too!

Moose Man
11-26-2018, 03:40 PM
Congratulations CG!
It's been an honour to come along for the past few months with some of the best game devs out there. Looking forward to teaching all the new players and whatever you guys have planned in the future!

LaBelle
11-26-2018, 04:11 PM
With EA launch a week away, can we see the patch notes for this upcoming Monday?

TrustyJam
11-26-2018, 04:24 PM
Thank you gents - wouldn't have been possible without you all. :)

With EA launch a week away, can we see the patch notes for this upcoming Monday?

We are not going to be releasing new untested content when we launch on early access so the live build is going to be very similar to the EA launch build.

- Trusty

LaBelle
11-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Any chance of a server pop raise? We're gonna see a lot of people jumping in.

TrustyJam
11-26-2018, 06:12 PM
Any chance of a server pop raise? We're gonna see a lot of people jumping in.

Not for the EA launch, no - although we'll increase the number of official WoR servers by quite a lot.

There are some rather exciting things being worked on behind the scenes though which we'll talk about when they are further along at some point after the early access launch. :)

- Trusty

LaBelle
11-26-2018, 06:19 PM
Thanks Trusty. I'm worried this may be premature, but I got your back.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-26-2018, 06:21 PM
Not for the EA launch, no - although we'll increase the number of official WoR servers by quite a lot.

There are some rather exciting things being worked on behind the scenes though which we'll talk about when they are further along at some point after the early access launch. :)

- Trusty

well, the ability to host own servers would be far better but it's something :)

hope you got some nice scenes for your trailer :p

TrustyJam
11-26-2018, 06:30 PM
Thanks Trusty. I'm worried this may be premature, but I got your back.

You're not the only one who is nervous - we've been cut off from the big world of Steam for years after all. :)

We're quite aware that a lot of Steam Early Access customers expect a non early access title when they buy into one. They will likely be upset with WoR.

There's no pleasing them except to skip early access altogehter and go straight for a final release launch on Steam.

The ones understanding that the game is indeed in its Early Access alpha phase should hopefully find enjoyment in the game and our community.

- Trusty

Leifr
11-26-2018, 06:49 PM
I daresay that War of Rights is already in a more complete state than many other Early Access games available on Steam, despite the slew of features and mechanics still absent from the game.

Redleader
11-26-2018, 06:51 PM
You're not the only one who is nervous - we've been cut off from the big world of Steam for years after all. :)
- Trusty

Hope we attract some new eager (wo)men who will fight and continue to fight for this project.

P.S. : Any brilliant marketing strategy in the making ? -> like prelaunch DLC -> a special moustache or a brass compass ! Or a pink saddle for my horse.
Or are you going to bribe gaming magazines with a box of menié balls -> hope they don't think its candy.

I daresay that War of Rights is already in a more complete state than many other Early Access games available on Steam, despite the slew of features and mechanics still absent from the game.

Ooh -> games like "Wild west online" are in a complete state (of ****) … and it took only months to develop ! There are some real 'masterpieces' to be found in early acces /cynismmode off

Jason99vmi
11-26-2018, 07:50 PM
Also up to us who bought in early to help word of mouth about how great this game is. I know I talked a few guys in my clan to buy in when it goes EA. I think $30 is great but maybe a little discount to entice more numbers. I only say this seeing the success of games like SCUM who nobody was really tracking but for $20 a ton of people gave it a chance. I think they had 100k people buy in the first week. But I'm sure you also don't want the riff raff that try something, act like idiots, lone wolf and ruin it for others.

RhettVito
11-26-2018, 08:09 PM
War of Rights developers will there be server admins and moderators? Early Access there is going to be definitely trolls and a lot of racist idiots. With that coming in I really hope that you guys will assign moderators and admins that will be able to do stuff in the in game servers

Ramirez Nicholas J.
11-26-2018, 08:39 PM

- Trusty

Oooh, I like exciting things! :D

War of Rights developers will there be server admins and moderators? Early Access there is going to be definitely trolls and a lot of racist idiots. With that coming in I really hope that you guys will assign moderators and admins that will be able to do stuff in the in game servers

I don't know about racists, but I imagine a bucket load of trolls, like in any game. I wonder how the devs will go about monitering for abuse?

Kyle422
11-26-2018, 08:40 PM
Awesome congrats CG!

TrustyJam
11-26-2018, 08:47 PM
Oooh, I like exciting things! :D

I don't know about racists, but I imagine a bucket load of trolls, like in any game. I wonder how the devs will go about monitering for abuse?

The mute button is there for a reason. :)

- Trusty

Quaker
11-26-2018, 08:51 PM
Can’t wait to buy it, congratulations.

Is the server cap for public servers 150 players?

Shaw
11-26-2018, 10:21 PM
I hope with the release we're going to raise in crowdfunders and member in each of the "organisations" ;).

Huzzah! Is there any offical event for the 3rd Dec 2018 planned?

SwingKid148
11-26-2018, 10:40 PM
official event for the 3rd Dec 2018 planned?

It is being planned by some community members.

Shiloh
11-26-2018, 11:08 PM
Congrats devs on this long road that is finally converging on what I'm sure is a huge goal for War of Rights!

Jagdmann
11-26-2018, 11:24 PM
Congratulations to this next big milestone for the games development. I hope that the game will get the attention it deserves and I am sure we the community will do our part to welcome the new players to the game.

PS: I can almost feel the package with my minié ball and poster and numbered drill manual :))

Salute Gentlemen! o7

Easty
11-27-2018, 01:35 AM
Well, I've been in the saddle for a few months now, don't plan on hanging up my boots now.

LaBelle
11-27-2018, 03:32 AM
Trusty, if you do end up going the moderator/admin route for servers, I volunteer for NA servers. Like it or not, we're gonna see a lot of intentional trolling that the mute button and TK system won't be able to handle such as players taking the officer role and going AFK or intentionally not doing their job, or taking the flag and intentionally running away from the battle and friendlies.

TrustyJam
11-27-2018, 09:20 AM
Trusty, if you do end up going the moderator/admin route for servers, I volunteer for NA servers. Like it or not, we're gonna see a lot of intentional trolling that the mute button and TK system won't be able to handle such as players taking the officer role and going AFK or intentionally not doing their job, or taking the flag and intentionally running away from the battle and friendlies.

Thank you for the application, we will keep it in mind. :)

There are systems in place to deal with both issues you listed.

You will be auto kicked if AFK for too long and it is not possible to run away with the flag for more than a minute due to the out of line punishment system.

- Trusty

Quaker
11-27-2018, 09:56 AM
Don’t know if you’ve seen this but a great reaction from a new guy watching the Steam release trailer.

https://youtu.be/Z2-JYAlLvjQ

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-27-2018, 11:09 AM
@campfire

after the Early Access release, will we still have the possibility to upgrade our pledge? I would like to throw money at you next year.

TrustyJam
11-27-2018, 11:16 AM
@campfire

after the Early Access release, will we still have the possibility to upgrade our pledge? I would like to throw money at you next year.

No, the last part of the crowdfunding campaign (the raise pledge option) will shut down as we launch on Early Access.

This is because you are not allowed to sell DLC outside of the Steam store when your product is purchasable there.

Thank you for wanting to support us even further though. :)

- Trusty

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-27-2018, 11:22 AM
No, the last part of the crowdfunding campaign (the raise pledge option) will shut down as we launch on Early Access.

This is because you are not allowed to sell DLC outside of the Steam store when your product is purchasable there.

Thank you for wanting to support us even further though. :)

- Trusty

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
My first pay check after my apprenticeship was reserved for you guys D: bye bye General :/

Interesting but how is it possible for example Digital Combat Simulator to sell the Game/DLC in Steam and their own Shop? is it because you are also able to buy it via Steam? Do you know this?

TrustyJam
11-27-2018, 11:39 AM
My first pay check after my apprenticeship was reserved for you guys D: bye bye General :/

Interesting but how is it possible for example Digital Combat Simulator to sell the Game/DLC in Steam and their own Shop? is it because you are also able to buy it via Steam? Do you know this?

Because they are selling the same DLC on Steam also.

- Trusty

Shaw
11-27-2018, 11:44 AM

I have there maybe a solution for you, just take a look in your private message.

Kind regards

Shaw

Jason99vmi
11-27-2018, 12:57 PM

Yeah DCS is one of those odd programs that was allowed to do both. But you'll see when you purchase certain things for DCS that say work in Steam or will not work in Steam.

Steam takes a nice little percentage of not only game sales but also DLCs and any addon produced by a 3rd party dev for DCS. A lot of times 3rd party devs aren't too happy to have a percentage taken for just putting their aircraft on steam.

This is a big issue with sims like X-Plane and was ultimately the downfall of Dovetail's Flight simulator.

Krieger
11-28-2018, 01:02 AM
The coming weeks will be very exciting, no doubt, even if there will undoubtedly be growing pains.

CommunityEvent
11-29-2018, 06:36 PM
The coming weeks will be very exciting, no doubt, even if there will undoubtedly be growing pains.

We can support the game by being active during release week and writing a solid steam review (with the pro's & con's off course).
Hope the game gets some spotlight on steam :)

Poorlaggedman
11-29-2018, 07:39 PM
Congratulations. Much faster than I expected.

Unfortunately lot of people here are about to figure out just how bad trolling can disrupt a community in very short order. 9926 I don't think there's any way I could possibly exaggerate this point enough.

LaBelle
11-30-2018, 01:37 AM
We. Need. Community. Admins.

Bravescot
11-30-2018, 09:01 AM
We. Need. Community. Admins.
^ Second.

It's going to exstremly important as there was a notable increase in the volume of TKing and trolling right after beta was dropped.

Kyle422
11-30-2018, 09:31 AM
^ Second.

It's going to exstremly important as there was a notable increase in the volume of TKing and trolling right after beta was dropped.

The CG and the moderator team are already looking into it.

Thanks, Kyle

TrustyJam
11-30-2018, 01:30 PM
Hey gents, thanks for the feedback. :)

The game is launching on Early Access with roughly 50 official game servers available.

We do not intend on manually moderating these and we believe the systems se have put in place will help us get rid of a big part of the trolls.

Once community hosted servers are a thing (it very well could be for EA) you are free to moderate your own server. Note that we won’t be supporting password protected servers for the launch (we may add this feature in later updates if it proves to be needed.

- Trusty

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-30-2018, 02:40 PM
We're happy to announce that War of Rights will be launching on Steam Early Access on December 3rd, 2018!

We look forward to be seeing the many new recruits on the fields of glory. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGitpP11bls

- Trusty

small question: could you please upload this new track to your soundcloud? I would like to add it to my playlist. I love to listen to your soundtracks while programming <3

@server passwords

I have one question about this: Will we be able to change maps between all one which are released? If not I dont see a reason to host one if we arent able to protect it with a PW.

Thanks in advance :D

Sox
11-30-2018, 05:18 PM
We do not intend on manually moderating these and we believe the systems se have put in place will help us get rid of a big part of the trolls.

Given that we've had the same 'trolls' IN game for the better part of Alpha & Beta, I'd say that your system does not work in getting 'rid' of them, which is what your testers have been trying to tell you.

Bravescot
11-30-2018, 11:59 PM
Once community hosted servers are a thing (it very well could be for EA) you are free to moderate your own server. Note that we won’t be supporting password protected servers for the launch (we may add this feature in later updates if it proves to be needed.

- Trusty
By community hosted will they be payed for by said community hosts or are they free? If they are payed for by the host then you're having an actual laugh by not providing password protection abilities. I point blank refuse to host a server where I have no ability to password lock it if I choose to.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
12-01-2018, 08:20 AM
small question: could you please upload this new track to your soundcloud? I would like to add it to my playlist. I love to listen to your soundtracks while programming <3

Thanks in advance :D

Question is still not answered :P

Hinkel
12-01-2018, 08:54 AM
Question is still not answered :P

Since the full 3:30mins release trailer is not released, you won't be able to listen to the full track yet ;)

TrustyJam
12-01-2018, 07:37 PM
By community hosted will they be payed for by said community hosts or are they free? If they are payed for by the host then you're having an actual laugh by not providing password protection abilities. I point blank refuse to host a server where I have no ability to password lock it if I choose to.

They will be rented just like it is possible to rent servers for other games, yes.

That is a perfectly acceptable stance to take - we'll provide plenty of official WoR servers for everyone to play on.

Given that we've had the same 'trolls' IN game for the better part of Alpha & Beta, I'd say that your system does not work in getting 'rid' of them, which is what your testers have been trying to tell you.

No system is 100% troll-proof - if you wish to kick/ban people for aiming instead of going to at the ready when the ready order is given you can be as strict as that on your own servers should you please. :)

Please point me to the evidence of entire big matches on the official servers being nothing but lone wolfing/griefing, etc. and not just towards individuals as I have yet to experience this.

- Trusty

LaBelle
12-01-2018, 08:59 PM
Please point me to the evidence of entire big matches on the official servers being nothing but lone wolfing/griefing, etc. and not just towards individuals as I have yet to experience this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PVc42V4Abs

About 8 months old, but certainly wasn't the first time, or last time, an entire unit has shown up to a pre-agreed upon double rank formation event and decided to lonewolf/rambo/skirmish.

RhettVito
12-01-2018, 10:51 PM

About 8 months old, but certainly wasn't the first time, or last time, an entire unit has shown up to a pre-agreed upon double rank formation event and decided to lonewolf/rambo/skirmish.

Can't wait for this again !

pastuh
12-01-2018, 11:06 PM
Very good update :)
So smooth game now, i can't believe :X

sal_tuskin
12-01-2018, 11:41 PM
labelle that was one of the a pretty good line battle if i remember right who was not doing what they were supposed to i watched and really didnt see anything wrong everyone was in lines that is saw enlighten me where to look or who was the offending parties just asking cause that really looked good compared to most of the line battles

Vulcarin
12-01-2018, 11:53 PM

Ahhh that was 3rd Alabama that was skirmishing.

LaBelle
12-02-2018, 12:06 AM
that is saw enlighten me where to look

Ahhh that was 3rd Alabama that was skirmishing.

Big brain energy.

Bravescot
12-02-2018, 07:19 PM
They will be rented just like it is possible to rent servers for other games, yes.

That is a perfectly acceptable stance to take - we'll provide plenty of official WoR servers for everyone to play on.

- Trusty

So you expect me to pay for a server that I can't controll who I want to come in and out when I want to? The 42nd intends very much to host events, very serious realisum events, and I'll be DAMNED if I have to pay for a server that can just be accessed by any chump. I don't often say this, but this is an outragously stupid idea and one that really needs rethinking.

TrustyJam
12-02-2018, 07:28 PM
So you expect me to pay for a server that I can't controll who I want to come in and out when I want to? The 42nd intends very much to host events, very serious realisum events, and I'll be DAMNED if I have to pay for a server that can just be accessed by any chump. I don't often say this, but this is an outragously stupid idea and one that really needs rethinking.

Thank you for the feedback.

As stated earlier, no we do not expect you to pay for anything. We have 50 game servers at the ready to ensure you don't have to.

We'll consider how to deal/if we are to deal with password protected servers based on how the launch goes.

- Trusty

anderon46
12-03-2018, 02:17 PM

You must realise that if you have a game that is still in early access pre launch, with most of the userbase being in private servers, it'll kill the game. New players won't have a way to play.

Go on most servers now and maybe 80% of the people are in companies. If they were all on their own locked servers the game would be dead for anyone new.

Bravescot
12-03-2018, 02:33 PM
You must realise that if you have a game that is still in early access pre launch, with most of the userbase being in private servers, it'll kill the game. New players won't have a way to play.

Go on most servers now and maybe 80% of the people are in companies. If they were all on their own locked servers the game would be dead for anyone new.

I'm not suggesting in anyway way that the behaviour of hiding in a locked server is okay. Should my unit host a server it would be open around 90% of the time. We would however like the ability to lock it every now an then for those events where we really don't want it to be disturbed by non-invited companies or public players. The 42nd plans on hosting public events, but the inability to host private events or hold private unit matters due to an inability to lock the server is a very aggrivating thought.

Leifr
12-03-2018, 02:48 PM
It will come Bravescot, I'm sure the list of things CG have to do is mammoth. You've done alright so far, eh? ;)

Bravescot
12-03-2018, 03:16 PM
It will come Bravescot, I'm sure the list of things CG have to do is mammoth. You've done alright so far, eh? ;)

I know, but I was SO looking forwards to begining test private and public events. Seems it will be public events first that get tested!

Leifr
12-03-2018, 03:57 PM
I know, but I was SO looking forwards to begining test private and public events. Seems it will be public events first that get tested!

I know dude, the larger companies here would especially benefit from a little private time to practice movements with larger bodies of men.

Bravescot
12-03-2018, 04:24 PM
I know dude, the larger companies here would especially benefit from a little private time to practice movements with larger bodies of men.

After looking at the prices and the fact that they can not be locked yet I think I'm a hard pass at the moment.

Leifr
12-03-2018, 04:29 PM
After looking at the prices and the fact that they can not be locked yet I think I'm a hard pass at the moment.

It's cheaper than a Post Scriptum server! Yes, I imagine the take up for servers will be low without the ability to password protect.

CharlesHoster
12-07-2018, 04:39 PM
You can self host a Post Scriptum server for far less than a WOR server. I don't see how you can compare the two. also not having a password option for a server is crazy.. including no admin tools.. It's very disapointing.

Gavsky
12-09-2018, 09:50 PM
Really enjoying playing the Alpha (having watched so many videos and wanting to join in!). On my older rig it plays really well and 150 players on one server with no lag issues or crashes, bodes well for the future.

Some players are definitely CoD or Battlefield "lone-wolf" types, which is to be expected. The majority enter into the historical spirit of the game and that creates a great atmosphere. I hope to see more encouragement of that style of play. I've had some "wow" moments when everyone plays 'properly'.