PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on the war of rights introduction event / orientation event

Redleader
11-29-2018, 08:06 PM
This week a sort of gathering happened between some of the community's regimental leaders/officers.

Would be great for early acces release to have regiments in the drill camps (Union/CSA) active, so new people can meet the community.

Main goal & proposals:

The receive the new influx of players (with a reception, shoes optional)

New players get same basic info (gamewise & community wise)
New players meet the community & the regiments (poor sods ;)).
A chance for the community to come together on a project & put the community in a positive daylight (afterwards we can go off killing each other again)
To keep the recruiting as civilized as possible and find the most fitting company (some will forever be freelancers)
To keep activity going during the first week(s) of release so new people don't run into "empty" servers first week.
Keep the events going (since some players will just jump in and wanna play !)

For Union & CSA faction

We have a some 'dedicated' EU & NA regiments, also faction wise the situation is a bit different and may result in a different outcome.

What's been done so far :

A new profile (communityevent*) has been made so it's pretty neutral (and more people can work on the thread when it's posted)
This thread is up to post some ideas/proposals on the early acces release 'event' and the 'to make thread'.

*Trusty has opened up the alpha forum for posting for non captains (waiting for it to kick in to start the thread) -< thx Trusty.

What should be on the thread ? :

Link to the regiments (alphabetically) ? (based on warboys page) -< could be forum thread and/or company tool
Event times
Some basic info (keys, settings … to late to make a newcomers guide I guess)

Thread changing rules

People interested on working on the thread can ask the password.
If you work on the thread keep the time minimal (try and work in advance and copy it in) -=< there might be other users waiting
Have respect for the other persons work (ask around when in doubt)
Tip : save a copy of your work into notepad for future usage (if needed)

What still needs to be discussed :

How will we split up ? (over different servers, will depend on the numbers that show up) -> suggestion is to meet on drillcamp/officers chat and agree
Union would like to limit the maximum people on Union drill server, CSA will need input from their respective companies.
The working title for now is : war of rights introduction event OR orientation event.
Major Stone proposed for regiments to focus on their skillset (for his unit for example : skirmishing) to show off different aspects of the game by people who are skilled at it.
The 'eye candy' on the thread (which will go under alpha/events)
Any other ideas ?

Interesting links & info :
- Active companies (Warboy) (https://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?5473-*List-of-Active-regiments-companies-in-War-of-Rights*)

Event times (this is the normal event hours, not for the drill event):

EVENT SCHEDULE

FRI3:00 PM ESTEU EVENT

SAT4:00 PM ESTEU EVENT
--- 8:00 PM ESTNA EVENT

SUN4:00 PM ESTEU EVENT
- --8:00 PM ESTNA EVENT

MON8:00 PM ESTNA EVENT

Real life footage of the recruiters :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-3e0EkvIEM

Dman979
11-29-2018, 08:39 PM
I like the idea, and I'm happy to see the community coming together, but why will new players immediately gravitate to the drill camps? If I was a new player, I'd want to hop into a game right away, drill camps be damned.

Best,
Dman979

Redleader
11-29-2018, 09:07 PM
I like the idea, and I'm happy to see the community coming together, but why will new players immediately gravitate to the drill camps? If I was a new player, I'd want to hop into a game right away, drill camps be damned.

Best,
Dman979

That was one of the points brought forward, the idea was if we can get enough people online on the drill camp … new players will be inclined to take a look. (player count)
The idea was to also have people playing off course (and sending people back & forward) and have events going on, drill camps (and spawn areas) are a nice place to meet & greet.

Imho it will depend on what happens throughout the day/week and how regiments organize themselves and adapt to the situation, but I did join the 6th LA during a drill session :)

RhettVito
11-30-2018, 01:40 AM
looking forward to this whenever you can post the other one in events.

Maximus Decimus Meridius
11-30-2018, 02:55 PM
you never know how many will take part in the first hours.

so the idea was to populate server by server because the first thing when you start a game you will look for a populated server to see what going on.

so there will be more or less 4 servers with companies at the start. one US and one CSA drill camp in the EU and NA. enough capacity for ~250 players at each continent.

if needed we can spread out to other servers but it would look best if there is a nearly full server with multiple groups drilling at once.

Southern
11-30-2018, 04:07 PM
great idea this will help everyone in this game

BlueBagpipe
04-10-2019, 07:21 AM
Good idea