PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Armies/Servers etc

Etherton
10-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Hi, This is a brief post to see if i can get some answers regarding Armies in WoR aswell as how Server hosting will work.

Im the current Chief of Staff (2ic) of the Union Army in the NW mod North and South. My first question is will Armies be allowed? And if so what, if any, restrictions will be put in place or what opportunities will this bring us?

As an army we pride ourselves on co-operative fighting and creating a good community for our players and WoR is certainly the future of the UA in terms of gaming.

My second query is about Server Hosting. We ofc host our own events and use our servers to do so, with regards to WoR will server hosting be easily accessable ie through known Hosters or will you use your own provider?

Any feedback regarding either would be greatly appreciated and im sure i will have many more in the future!

Simon445
10-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Ehtertuuuuuuun its me 16th Alabama Simon.

Don't know the first question, but for server hosting you might host own if player base is big enough.

I think it's little bit too early to anwser both of it.

GreyDog58
10-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Some people may or may not recognize me as the great 14thTenn[S]_Comrade_Shia

Etherton
10-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Ehtertuuuuuuun its me 16th Alabama Simon.

Don't know the first question, but for server hosting you might host own if player base is big enough.

I think it's little bit too early to anwser both of it.

Hai :D i was unsure but i wanted to know more about how we could get servers etc. cus ofc i host the UA event server atm through Dodo, he would be a good choice for WoR too

Hinkel
10-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Welcome to the forum Etherton! :)

We highly encourage group gameplay, so its up to you to form own companies/regiments/armies what so ever. Community organised armies are welcomed of course :)
In the current stage, the army level is not much discussed in the team, how we would like to support those groups ingame etc.

But we are working on an official "group building tool" atm, which will support the organisation of player groups on company scale. More details will be released during the kickstarter campaign.
Server Hosting is discussed at the moment, although there are not much information yet ;)

Etherton
10-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Welcome to the forum Etherton! :)

We highly encourage group gameplay, so its up to you to form own companies/regiments/armies what so ever. Community organised armies are welcomed of course :)
In the current stage, the army level is not much discussed in the team, how we would like to support those groups ingame etc.

But we are working on an official "group building tool" atm, which will support the organisation of player groups on company scale. More details will be released during the kickstarter campaign.
Server Hosting is discussed at the moment, although there are not much information yet ;)

Alright sounds real promising :D Interested to see how the tools work! I'll be sure to really spread the kickstarter out throughout the army once its released in hopes we can really get some good pledges going. A game of this caliber is exactly what the current nw community needs to move into. So much expansion and Cryengine OP :P

Good Luck Hinkel and Co! Gonna be a good few months to follow :D