PDA

View Full Version : Team kills and trolls

Cheeto
12-03-2018, 03:18 AM
Since team kills happen a lot in a match especially during charges, maybe we could try a forgive system. If some one team kills you by accident, you get a simple yes or no button to choose to forgive them or not, if you forgive them it will not hurt that player, however if a person is being a total jerk and doing it on purpose they can be removed from game after three no forgives, or something along those lines.

Kyle422
12-03-2018, 08:24 AM
Since team kills happen a lot in a match especially during charges, maybe we could try a forgive system. If some one team kills you by accident, you get a simple yes or no button to choose to forgive them or not, if you forgive them it will not hurt that player, however if a person is being a total jerk and doing it on purpose they can be removed from game after three no forgives, or something along those lines.

Personally I think Melee Tking should be disabled

Maximus Decimus Meridius
12-03-2018, 08:46 AM
Personally I think Melee Tking should be disabled

please not. this is not a arcade game. The forgive system is a great idea.

SwingKid148
12-03-2018, 10:00 AM
please not. this is not a arcade game. The forgive system is a great idea.

^

Agreed.

Leifr
12-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Yes, it works exceptionally well in Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.

John Cooley
12-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Agreed
This would be especially handy for people who have yet to perfect their stabby stabby skills.

Poorlaggedman
12-03-2018, 11:47 AM
Forgive systems make people just as reckless. It's not that hard in a game where you're supposed to be in formation with friendlies to not kill friendlies especially when the game gracefully tells you when you do so. You have to learn and get better. Servers can hopefully change the Team damage kick threshold on their own some day if people think it's too harsh or they don't want people kicked during a particular event or training scenario. Which makes me wonder, now that TKing deals with damage too I wonder if people can be autobanned from the training maps?

Jason99vmi
12-03-2018, 01:11 PM
Well the problem is as you charge and become intermingled the suppression system kicks in. Thus rendering the ability to see colors of uniforms non existent. So the stabby stabby gets a precarious.

Oleander
12-03-2018, 01:34 PM
Forgive system? Really? Don't go in clicking at everything you see and you'll quit team killing.

TrustyJam
12-03-2018, 03:46 PM
Forgive systems make people just as reckless. It's not that hard in a game where you're supposed to be in formation with friendlies to not kill friendlies especially when the game gracefully tells you when you do so. You have to learn and get better. Servers can hopefully change the Team damage kick threshold on their own some day if people think it's too harsh or they don't want people kicked during a particular event or training scenario. Which makes me wonder, now that TKing deals with damage too I wonder if people can be autobanned from the training maps?

No it is quite safe to stab/shoot away in the drill camps.

We did have a bug before the punishment/auto temp ban system was introduced however where one would get temp banned respawning a number of times while in skirmishes. :D

- Trusty

amelius
12-03-2018, 06:04 PM
Forgive systems make people just as reckless. It's not that hard in a game where you're supposed to be in formation with friendlies to not kill friendlies especially when the game gracefully tells you when you do so. You have to learn and get better. Servers can hopefully change the Team damage kick threshold on their own some day if people think it's too harsh or they don't want people kicked during a particular event or training scenario....

I have seen you voice a similar position to this, on the forums and I would agree. The devs will hopefully allow for private servers to adjust factors as TK thresholds and much more. Until then, enjoy the "stock" game settings! ~

Well the problem is as you charge and become intermingled the suppression system kicks in. Thus rendering the ability to see colors of uniforms non existent. So the stabby stabby gets a precarious.

That sounds like maybe the issue is the suppression mechanics rather than the kick mechanics? I am pretty sure that in an actual bayonet charge, things got a little fucky. So I'm okay with it being a cluster fuck and really dangerous. In this game, you die a lot. At Sharpsburg, 23,000 men died, were wounded, or went missing over the course of the single-day battle. I think that is an important reality to portray in the game.

Cheeto
12-03-2018, 06:29 PM
Nothing wrong with the stock settings for game play, however if someone accidentally shoots one person, then stabs two people, one on two different charges or any other combo. I do not think a person should be kicked, team kills happen a lot, it is not done on purpose it is just the way things are. But with a forgive system you can police trolls in game and forgive the ones not doing it on purpose, the game play does not change, just adding a small question to forgive or not.

Easty
12-04-2018, 03:31 AM
Nothing wrong with the stock settings for game play, however if someone accidentally shoots one person, then stabs two people, one on two different charges or any other combo. I do not think a person should be kicked, team kills happen a lot, it is not done on purpose it is just the way things are. But with a forgive system you can police trolls in game and forgive the ones not doing it on purpose, the game play does not change, just adding a small question to forgive or not.

Agreeing with this.

Poorlaggedman
12-04-2018, 11:38 PM
The main reason is because people don't learn with a forgive system. You saw this all the time in game servers that had forgive systems enabled or forgive plugins installed vs ones that don't within the same game. Players should realistically hold back in fear if they are unsure whose friend or foe. IMO CQB happens far too much and it's way over-utilized in a lot of situations that make no sense and things need to be done to discourage that. I'm not a fan of the black and white screen with suppression. It's effective but I'm not a fan of it for anything but the most extreme levels.

I had a full server for a few hours last night and I can find only one reference in the server log to a player being banned and the bans are only 3600 seconds at present. That's pretty reasonable.

Today someone named w0wzer was autobanned banned today and tried rejoining many times so I'm guessing the game doesn't tell people that they're banned yet.

MOV_HIKKUPZ
12-05-2018, 05:17 AM
agreed

Dimhoff
12-05-2018, 06:05 AM
Melee TK problem is technical mostly.

anderon46
12-05-2018, 10:22 AM
Players should realistically hold back in fear if they are unsure whose friend or foe. IMO CQB happens far too much and it's way over-utilized in a lot of situations that make no sense and things need to be done to discourage that.

Personally I think perhaps the opposite in regards to the first comment. Men whos lives are on the line are probably more likely to act first in self defense. I think this rationale can be seen in all the cop shootings. They are trained yet still often fire too soon, purely down to their own life being on the line. In a massive melee I imagine many would shoot/stab before fully taking in their surroundings.

I agree that compared to history CQB does occur more than it did then. However this is because our lives aren't on the line, and frankly a charge is fun. How do you implement a system that stops people doing it? I mean, it happens more often than it did historically. But so does forming a line in the middle of open terrain and firing away at another line in open terrain.

fury1ord
12-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Teamkills should increase your personal respawn timer.
1 teamkill = + 30 sec
2 teamkills = + 120 sec
3 teamkills = + 200 sec
etc.

Cheeto
12-05-2018, 07:38 PM
The main reason is because people don't learn with a forgive system. You saw this all the time in game servers that had forgive systems enabled or forgive plugins installed vs ones that don't within the same game. Players should realistically hold back in fear if they are unsure whose friend or foe. IMO CQB happens far too much and it's way over-utilized in a lot of situations that make no sense and things need to be done to discourage that. I'm not a fan of the black and white screen with suppression. It's effective but I'm not a fan of it for anything but the most extreme levels.

I had a full server for a few hours last night and I can find only one reference in the server log to a player being banned and the bans are only 3600 seconds at present. That's pretty reasonable.

Today someone named w0wzer was autobanned banned today and tried rejoining many times so I'm guessing the game doesn't tell people that they're banned yet.

The people who team kill all the time will learn, because they will be kicked out of game because no one is forgiving them. If you team kill and do it all the time people will not forgive you. Plus this game players are more closely tied together because of being in regiments, so you can more easily distinguish between troll or not.

MajesticBiscuit
12-05-2018, 08:12 PM
On one hand, I think people should be more disciplined and listen to their training. On the other hand, accidents happen and we are human. So I can see both points.

Is there a need for it? I abstain from answering that, because the answer is both Yes and No. It is a complicated matter that needs further discussion.

BlueBagpipe
12-08-2018, 11:08 PM
I think TK should still be enabled at all times for realism, but frequent tkers need to be punished.

Quaker
12-08-2018, 11:58 PM
I think TK should still be enabled at all times for realism, but frequent tkers need to be punished.

That’s what is in the game now.

Gavsky
12-15-2018, 05:24 PM
I agree with a limited forgive system, it's works well on other multiplayer games. If someone is "troll killing" you can use the system to not forgive them and then if enough players refuse to forgive a deliberate TKiller, the offender could face a penalty time exclusion.

The melees are bedlam but I think would be better if you could easily identify friend from foe, more realistic.

Wigster600
12-16-2018, 05:36 PM
I'm all up for a Rising Storm 2/Red Orchestra 2 style forgive system.

Cairnsy44
12-16-2018, 08:32 PM
It's easy enough to give benefit of the doubt, but sometimes, it is very obvious people are TKing on purpose.

Odin The Wanderer
12-17-2018, 02:40 AM
I for one am so sick and tired of getting TKd by random people not in any unit when you ask them nicely to fall in. especially if they are a new player (or they say so) and spawn in as an officer and you ask them nicely to change class so that your Company leadership can take the role. Happens way to often. I see the value in renting a server but there needs to be a password lock. These trolls are ruining the game and we work hard to stay organized and its just too easy for some random to come disrupt your line while you have members that cant get on the server because it reads full at 130

Poorlaggedman
12-17-2018, 04:32 AM
In all fairness you can't really tell anyone what to do outside of an event. It's more of a suggestion in a video game. An event to me requires a password. Every person who enters a passworded server knows darn well what they're doing, even if the PW is in the title of the server.

Ordering people around isn't trolling but TKing definitely is and something people will be banned for I'm sure in large numbers so more savvy players who might otherwise be tempted to act out get to choose whether to shape up or start losing their ability to play the game.

I admire the willpower of people trying to run events, it's something I would never do without admin controls though. I'm borderline whether I'd try to until there's passwords as well because you get too many people wandering into the server who you can't morally hold accountable for knowing event rules. This being said you don't need strict events at this stage in the game.

What worries me is the official servers, they're going to need admins and server rules of some sort for sure or they'll become total cesspools full of players banned on the community-owned servers.

Cairnsy44
12-17-2018, 07:57 PM
I admit to being a hypocrite. I assassinated someone who I saw kill one of the CS officers and then later bayoneted another officer when a charge was very obviously over. I feel like I just had confession. Now to go say a Hail Mary.

Troll Watch
01-19-2021, 06:24 AM

To prevent started another chat, i'm bumping this old thread. a Forgive option would be nice and it works in other games. If someone accidentally tk's you, you can typ forgive or fg and forgive the tk.

JediKnightSolo
04-19-2021, 04:11 AM
They do need to rework the three TK limit with arty though. Seen arty make one mistake and get banned right away when they didn't do it on purpose.

SwingKid148
04-19-2021, 10:36 AM
An option in our admin menu to disable TKs would be a more historical representation of the battle versus soldiers getting yanked from the battlefield for friendly fire. :cool:

Does anyone have a source for someone getting pulled from the field for friendly fire? :D

MethBilly
04-19-2021, 11:25 PM
They do need to rework the three TK limit with arty though. Seen arty make one mistake and get banned right away when they didn't do it on purpose.

I got banned once for an arty TK. My idiot butt was running 2 guns since we were really low on guys. One was aimed in a known location where enemy always goes and the other I was preparing canister for the inevitable enemy charge of friendly arty positions. While prepping the canister gun a renown troll played with my other gun. Our guys were about to be charged, I saw the enemy massed exactly where I pre-aimed so I ran up and fired. Bam insta 6hr ban. My fault , I should have got behind it and rechecked its aim. I didnt. The ban was justified. I felt bad for my guys that got hit because its infuriating to be smoked b y friendly arty. But I took it as a lesson.