PDA

View Full Version : We should all be scared about that ...

SergenTLaZooZ
10-02-2015, 06:15 PM
This game is freraking awesome. Three years of dev. three years of pure pleasure thx but you know i'm a little bit scared about the number of players at the same time in both teams. This game looks to be followed by a lot of person but i see only the same guys on the forum. I'm scared that there will be not enough players to play the game properly :( :( (do you remember north and south ? Hope it don't do the same) :o :D

Still loving you Hinkel and Trusty <3

TrustyJam
10-02-2015, 06:18 PM
Take it easy. We've not hit any of the major newsplatforms at all yet. The Kickstarter campaign should bring a whole lot of new followers. :)

- Trusty

Etherton
10-02-2015, 10:26 PM
Kickstarter and Greenlight will bring in thousands of people. Once it hits steam and is publicized a bit the community will flock quickly, the forums will blow up too

Rithal
10-03-2015, 12:29 AM
This game is freraking awesome. Three years of dev. three years of pure pleasure thx but you know i'm a little bit scared about the number of players at the same time in both teams. This game looks to be followed by a lot of person but i see only the same guys on the forum. I'm scared that there will be not enough players to play the game properly :( :( (do you remember north and south ? Hope it don't do the same) :o :D

Still loving you Hinkel and Trusty <3

At once I feared the exact same thing, so I understand completely where you are coming from. However, like Trusty said, they have yet to really break out in advertisements. They have however already been noticed by a few German gaming news sites, as well as Crytek. Crytek has actually been making some tweets about WoR and changed Cryengine's background on twitter to one of WoR's screenshots. There is also still the Kickstarter which, I believe, will really make WoR bust into the mainstream. Just sit tight, and the publicity will begin to flow! :D

William
10-03-2015, 06:21 AM
I believe in the Team of War of Rights i they will handle it perfectly ^^

WoR go go lay your routs in the gaming community ^^ <3

Octavian360
10-05-2015, 02:10 AM
This game will not have any issues with a following, they haven't done much other than organic marketing and public relations. After the kickstarter, they will kick it into high gear - is this a pun?

Rithal
10-05-2015, 04:40 AM
After the kickstarter, they will kick it into high gear - is this a pun?

I see what ya did there ;) Yes it was indeed a pun.

Mi'kmaq
10-07-2015, 01:10 AM
Eh, I see what you're saying. I think that this game will catch the eye of a bunch of new folks once it releases. After all, there is a huge historical gaming community.

zimmer1lb
10-12-2015, 03:03 PM
So, here we are. Facing across the unknown. Muskets loaded with special cash wads, ready to salvo into an unseen reality. Silence and trying to keep a steady breath..........waiting...........waiting......... waiting.

zimm out

Rithal
10-12-2015, 10:53 PM
So, here we are. Facing across the unknown. Muskets loaded with special cash wads, ready to salvo into an unseen reality. Silence and trying to keep a steady breath..........waiting...........waiting......... waiting.

zimm out

Honestly, yeah. Pretty much. Lots of commercial success for War of Rights could open the door to an entire new genre of FPS games. The possibilities...

Games like War of Rights and Kingdom Come: Deliverance are breaking the chains of what people see FPS games as. Good things shall come. :)

rebeldestroyer
10-13-2015, 12:17 AM
Games like War of Rights and Kingdom Come: Deliverance are breaking the chains of what people see FPS games as. Good things shall come.
Soon, there will be electronic muskets and motion sensing sabers. On a serious note, I can't imagine how amazing this game would be with the Omni treadmill and Oculus Rift

BloodBeag
10-13-2015, 07:46 AM
Soon, there will be electronic muskets and motion sensing sabers. On a serious note, I can't imagine how amazing this game would be with the Omni treadmill and Oculus Rift

So you get to stand there actually walking for 20 to 30 minutes to get to the enemy then dieing immediately. I guess you would lose weight but i'm not sure how fun that would be. Oculus would be good though.

Simon445
10-13-2015, 04:34 PM
This will get on Steam probably, so Gaben will sit on his computer and play this. So will others who will see this on Steam.

Etherton
10-13-2015, 08:03 PM
This will get on Steam probably, so Gaben will sit on his computer and play this. So will others who will see this on Steam.

They are doing a greenlight on steam. If they get 5000 votes then the game can be put onto steam and sold there (i think thats how it works) this obv creates a huge boost and yeh maybe Gabe will play and Have a Gaben

Simon445
10-13-2015, 08:48 PM
They are doing a greenlight on steam. If they get 5000 votes then the game can be put onto steam and sold there (i think thats how it works) this obv creates a huge boost and yeh maybe Gabe will play and Have a Gaben

They are already on Greenlight for some time, but I think it was stated before that it was early concept of it. And there is no more War of Rights on Greenlight.

But their Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/warofrights is active

Patrick Kurtz
10-15-2015, 03:51 PM
Thing I'm worried about is the balance, from what i've seen is most people that are really interested in the Civil War are pro-confederate, so what if there aren't enough Union to even it out?

BloodBeag
10-15-2015, 05:54 PM
generally non-americans favour the Union, I think.

Rithal
10-15-2015, 06:29 PM
Thing I'm worried about is the balance, from what i've seen is most people that are really interested in the Civil War are pro-confederate, so what if there aren't enough Union to even it out?

Well I imagine that servers will have a system of auto balance, and even though we are pro-Confederate, we still will play Union if we have to. :)