PDA

View Full Version : Militia

BloodBeag
10-04-2015, 09:52 AM
I'm not sure how much of a role they played in the Maryland Campaign, if at all but I think it could be fun to play as a mob of disorganised guys with pretty much no uniform and a complete mix of uniforms. I think that they would be better in the skirmishes mode as I understood that in skirmishes you weren't meant to be running around in 20-man lines and have it more like a battle server on NW for mount & blade where everyone runs around pretty much by themselves.

This mentions militia regiments/groups on both sides during the Maryland campaign if that's helpful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I3Qvxz2HiM

Legion
10-05-2015, 04:59 AM
I think it should be up to the players on how their regiment acts in battle. I don't think there should be any special skill or class. I think it should be all player skill and up to the players to decide what regiment they want to be and act like, if they want to be skirmishes all they have to do is form a skirmish line and preform like skirmishers, if they want to be sharpshooters then act like them and get good with your weapon and accuracy etc etc.

GeorgeCrecy
10-05-2015, 07:34 AM
I would point out that while there were militia, they were still following the Napoleonic tactics, though they were in part still - generally speaking - a disorganized rabble with a modicum of drill training inked into their minds. However, many militias that were formed prior to the war joined up en masse to become the first volunteers as the war broke out, quickly filling the quotas outlined for each state on both sides.

Josy_Wales
10-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Will there be a difference between light infantry and infantry in terms of equipment and other things?

Legion
10-05-2015, 03:28 PM
I'm sure they will have some militia and different regiments will have different equipment.

I think it would be cool if players could create a custom regiment with the equipment and clothing in game. Like there would be an option to create a character and you could change his clothes and name his regiment that way clans could have their own unique regiments on the battlefield and people would recognize them.

BloodBeag
10-05-2015, 05:51 PM
SO will you be able to play as militia in the game Mr history teacher? Also I found another source for militias in the Civil War but only on the union side.

This one isn't a joke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0TsLRAD1d0

Legion
10-05-2015, 06:16 PM
Like George said most militia were formed into volunteer units and where used to refill the ranks of existing regiments. Now whether they are in the game or not idk.
But like I said to if you want to act like militia the by all means do it. Even if militia units are in the game they wouldn't be any different from the other regiments except for there clothes and equipment.

BloodBeag
10-05-2015, 08:05 PM
Thereby being completely different

Legion
10-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Not really. With all the clothing being added to this game I'm sure you can make your guy look like militia. But idk. I'm not against adding militia in just saying its not much different

101wilman
10-07-2015, 11:15 PM
I think it would be cool to have a "partisan" unit like they did in Napoleonic Wars.