PDA

View Full Version : Question about regiments

Colonel ProDazzer_
10-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Hey. I want to ask you if players will be able to form regiments, which didn't take part in Maryland campaign/Battle of Antietam.

Hinkel
10-10-2015, 12:13 PM
We will have a preview of our ideas and the upcoming group-tool during the Kickstarter Campaign ;)

Legion
10-10-2015, 12:37 PM
It'd be cool if you and your friends could create their own unique regiment with its own clothes and stuff that way people will recognize you on the field and you could gain renoun and fame.

Colonel ProDazzer_
10-10-2015, 12:39 PM
It'd be cool if you and your friends could create their own unique regiment with its own clothes and stuff that way people will recognize you on the field and you could gain renoun and fame.
Yeah. That sounds cool. Im sure Illinois wore hats similar to Wisconsin regiments, and had no backpacks on their uniforms. So I hope I will be able to customize my troop.

Legion
10-10-2015, 12:53 PM
I'm all for playing with historical units like the tigers but I want to create my own version of them, but I'd be fine without that option

Mi'kmaq
10-10-2015, 01:30 PM
I'm all for playing with historical units like the tigers but I want to create my own version of them, but I'd be fine without that option
It'd be cool, so long as you can tell who is who.

Historical Player
10-10-2015, 01:39 PM
I don't care, I'm bringing my 36th Virginia Infantry to War of Rights. =D

Simon445
10-11-2015, 12:01 PM
I don't care, I'm bringing my 36th Virginia Infantry to War of Rights. =D

Probably whole NaS community is coming to WoR. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. Musket fire, man dying oh goody.

Etherton
10-11-2015, 04:29 PM
The tool im sure will allow freedom in how you want things to run with regards to regiments, although at the start i dont think it will have a big play as its not as important as getting the game out to the standard they want. But im sure at a community level regiments will be able to be formed. nothing bigger imo

Macliness
10-16-2015, 02:33 AM
i honestly wouldn't want them to be able to make there own uniform, only because you will get people messing around with stuff and killing the realistic feel to the game.

Arkansan
10-16-2015, 06:19 AM
We will have a preview of our ideas and the upcoming group-tool during the Kickstarter Campaign ;)

I'm more interested about this than cav or arty. I imagine a lot of the community will be very involved in something like this!

NorthernRanger
10-16-2015, 03:07 PM
I would like to see additional regiments in the game that didn't serve in the campaign. However I believe customization is a bad idea that leads to too many trolls and the destruction of realism.

Rithal
10-16-2015, 05:09 PM
I would like to see additional regiments in the game that didn't serve in the campaign. However I believe customization is a bad idea that leads to too many trolls and the destruction of realism.

Well right now only the regiments that were present during the Maryland campaign are planned for realism reasons. However we never know what the future holds. :)

PanicBrigade
10-17-2015, 12:54 AM
If you said that the stats and scores will be registered under the name of a reg instead of under the name of each individual soldier does that mean you're planning on maybe using this website to make a platform to all regs to have their own "mini" forum and a place where to register the members of the regs?

BloodBeag
10-17-2015, 05:19 PM
They said there would be agroup tool and probably within that each regiment or company would have its own few forum threads