PDA

View Full Version : Microphone Volume

McLovin
10-13-2015, 06:48 PM
I find it hard to describe this: but, say you were in Teamspeak, it would be much more historical accurate and fun to have it so that you can hear people in the chat better when they are more close to you, and not so much when they are further away.

Don't know how this could be implemented, probably the game's own chat program, but if this was implemented it would be amazing.

Soulfly
10-13-2015, 07:38 PM
Its possible to implement this into the voice chat of the game, but not into teamspeak...unless there is an API but i doubt that

McLovin
10-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Its possible to implement this into the voice chat of the game, but not into teamspeak...unless there is an API but i doubt that

Yes, like I thought. Anyway, it would be cool to have this.

Simon445
10-13-2015, 08:39 PM
This is called "3D Voice chat" when only people near you can hear you, even enemies. It is something we would like to see. Maybe not for events but for public plays, or even if you try to communicate with enemy (taken prisoner etc etc...)

Rithal
10-13-2015, 10:26 PM

This has actually been done with the Arma 2 and 3 A.C.R.E plugin for teamspeak. It works with all the radios and local chat in the game, but you have to be in the same teamspeak channel. It also provides clean comms because it uses teamspeak rather than Arma's own chat system, which as many know, experiences some issues.

I see no reason why they couldn't create a similar program to integrate teamspeak into the game, however they could and should avoid all of that and just make a built in VOIP system, defeating the point of teamspeak. :) That is unless some farby regiments dont want to use local chat XD

McLovin
10-14-2015, 08:02 AM
It could also be used as a courier. Players could receive a message from their superior and pass it onto another officer. Now that would be pretty awesome.

Simon445
10-14-2015, 05:04 PM
It could also be used as a courier. Players could receive a message from their superior and pass it onto another officer. Now that would be pretty awesome.

Or just "Oy, say to our general that we are advancing, take another mate with you, run as fast as you can."

yoyo8346
10-14-2015, 07:28 PM
It would be awesome to have a function where you can type a short note and hand it to a player to deliver it to the commanding general.

Jeremiah O'Brien
10-14-2015, 07:38 PM
This would be a really neat feature.

Zoranny
10-15-2015, 04:01 PM

I like that Idea. For ARMA 3 there is a mod (I thought it's named tfar/acre or something like that) which does this over teamspeak, maybe in a last step or post-release update they have time to implement that. Would be interesting for hardcore player :)

fitzchoc
10-16-2015, 02:25 PM
So could the use of a plugin for teamspeak be considered so we could have 3D positional audio for players or no?

Rithal
10-16-2015, 06:02 PM
So could the use of a plugin for teamspeak be considered so we could have 3D positional audio for players or no?

Well they could just build 3-D positional audio into the game, no? :D

Welcome to the forum also! :D

fitzchoc
10-16-2015, 11:55 PM
Well they could just build 3-D positional audio into the game, no? :D

Welcome to the forum also! :D

TY, I came late to the party but I arrived all the same! Looking forward to fighting alongside and against you.

My experience with in game 3D positional audio is usually pretty bad, if its a simple interface yes, but the one built in like arma seems awkward and strange to name one, that said, if it works I'm happy.