PDA

View Full Version : Absurd Racist Behavior

Fubar
01-19-2019, 08:49 AM
While I Have been AFK for sometime now due to a carrier change I try and pop in as often as I can.
Recently, I have notice a large degradation in the behavior of those playing on the public servers.
I'm sure the EA release has played a large part in the amount of absurd behavior I have witnessed.
None of which seems to be coming from the old timers or the company members.

My fear is with all the SJW crusades going on in the world now, especially against the time period the
game represents, it will only be a matter of time before War Of Right becomes a cause for the SJW's
to take up arms against. Its time [CG] gets admins on the server to prevent the type of absurd behavior
I witnessed tonight. I think [CG] should pick long time respectable members of the community to admin the
public servers. (No, I'm not referring to myself I haven't the time, nor the access to internet due to my carrier change.)

I wasn't offend by the racist behavior I seen, because I realize who its coming from (a child). However, it will only
take one such instance (Giving the topic of this game) for things to turn ugly for War Of Rights and Campfire Games.
I only post this in fear of such retribution form the SJW crusaders. As they are already taking down our Confederate
Monuments in the south, and clamming everything associated with the Confederates is racist and promotes slavery.

Below you will find a link to a John McClane's steam profile, which is the individual who has a lot of growing
up to do. I asked Mr. McClane several time to please not use the words in which he was using and I tried to explained
why that was not an appropriate image to link with what's left of the Confederate history or to the game. As you
can imagine the child was hurt and upset and began to insult me. So I moved to another part of the battlefield.
[CG] Must do something before its to late!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/JohnLovesChristmasParties
https://i.imgur.com/VL5VGOp.jpg

Leifr
01-19-2019, 08:51 AM
Morning Fubar.
I will place him on the ban list across all CG servers.

Fubar
01-19-2019, 09:02 AM
Morning Fubar.

Thank you sir.

Fubar
01-19-2019, 09:43 AM
Morning Fubar.

Also might as well throw in the guy at the top of the screenshot Johnson. I just noticed it.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021111959

F. L. Villarreal
01-19-2019, 12:41 PM
Oh wow...This looks bad for the game community. yeah I'll make sure and add a disclaimer to my recruitment post. "Racism will not tolerated"

(disclaimer: not my guy)

McMuffin
01-19-2019, 04:42 PM
Not surprised, although I still can't agree with using admins from the community to moderate public servers. There's a lot of public servers, and a lot of different times people are on, so you'd need a lot of admins, more than I'd say we have members in this community who could be trusted with this power, way more in fact.

TrustyJam
01-19-2019, 04:47 PM
Not surprised, although I still can't agree with using admins from the community to moderate public servers. There's a lot of public servers, and a lot of different times people are on, so you'd need a lot of admins, more than I'd say we have members in this community who could be trusted with this power, way more in fact.

There's also the case of community servers - our official server admins have no power over the community owned servers (as that should only fall to the actual owners of the servers).

So no matter how many admins we will get to be monitoring 24/7 you will always run into an idiot every now again.

The mute option on the tab screen is likely your best option - mute him and forget him.

- Trusty

McMuffin
01-19-2019, 06:02 PM
...So no matter how many admins we will get to be monitoring 24/7 you will always run into an idiot every now again.

The mute option on the tab screen is likely your best option - mute him and forget him.

- Trusty

That took some people in the community four threads and probably fifty or so pages of dialogue to figure out.

Fubar
01-19-2019, 06:30 PM

Yes there is a lot of servers but there's only ever one or two that are populated at a time(referring to the official servers).
Also if there if there was an option to report these instances when an admin is offline with a screenshot.

Fubar
01-19-2019, 06:36 PM
There's also the case of community servers - our official server admins have no power over the community owned servers (as that should only fall to the actual owners of the servers).

So no matter how many admins we will get to be monitoring 24/7 you will always run into an idiot every now again.

- Trusty

I'm not referring to the private servers, I'm referring to the official servers. I also understand that you will always run into Idiots and that servers cant be policed 24/7. I feel yall are missing my point. Its better to be proactive than to not. There is no effort being on this. Also muting someone does nothing for text chat. Maybe that should be an option if the stance from CG is to "set it and forget it" and alow the game to be tarnished.

Fubar
01-19-2019, 06:41 PM
That took some people in the community four threads and probably fifty or so pages of dialogue to figure out.

McMuffin you should know this is not my first rodeo. I understand nothing will be %100, but something has to be done. Being told that it took fifty pages of
dialogue on the topic to accomplish nothing, tells me there's a large disconnect from the players and CG.

TrustyJam
01-19-2019, 07:00 PM
There is no effort being on this.

Except auto bans for tk'ers, mute options that mute both text and voip chat, in-game admin controls for admins, official server admins that will ban people they see that misbehave.

We are not going back to player reports - we tried that once and the community turned on itself - wasting everyone's time in the process.

We currently get player reports about players running away and dying as a flag bearer, players taking the officer slots, server admins changing map or time of day 5 times in a row, etc.

As it is we are able to ignore these reports as they are naturally not to be acted upon due to their non-important reported "troublemakers" due to our policy of not accepting player reports.

Did we accept player reports we would have to review each of these cases and get back to each individual reporting "wrongdoings" which would waste a huge amount of time.

Lastly, player reports are not to be trusted entirely as they are only one side of the story (this is why we only act on people we ourselves are catching doing bad stuff) - we learned that when we accepted player reports during the crowdfunding campaign. Often it would end up with two guys (or two companies) countering each other by reporting each other - we'd then have to interview guys ("witnesses") before being able to come to a conclusion - again a massive time sink.

In the end it did nothing but harm the community. Entire companies were turned against each other because of it.

And yes, muting a player on the tab view will mute him in the text chat as well.

- Trusty

F. L. Villarreal
01-19-2019, 07:42 PM
Everything will eventually work itself out as long as the people who really do care about this community keep those individuals out of our companies and out of our private servers. It's a joint effort.

OldDouglas
01-19-2019, 08:28 PM
Yes. Any serious company will keep these people far away from anything they do. If you don't step on the worm, no one notices it. Just mute and forget these people who have nothing better to do than to spew garbage onto an online game. Let's work together to keep this game great!

LaBelle
01-19-2019, 08:38 PM
Dear diary,

Today I saw my 5th thread about the same topic, and it still solved nothing.

Hope to see you again soon,
LaBelle.

P.S. I think I started my first period!

Sev
01-19-2019, 09:59 PM
Diary entry No.481

This morning I saw someone in the 1800s acting like someone from the 1800s, I don't know what is happening with the world we live in. Maybe people should be censored for historical accuracy, and realism.

Anyways, I have to go now, back to work TOBY! God damn it.

Sincerely,

- Finlay

Leifr
01-19-2019, 10:05 PM
Diary entry No.481

This morning I saw someone in the 1800s acting like someone from the 1800s, I don't know what is happening with the world we live in. Maybe people should be censored for historical accuracy, and realism.

Anyways, I have to go now, back to work TOBY! God damn it.

Sincerely,

- Finlay

It is no excuse for racist language.

Mute the player, report the player and move on.
Thread locked.