PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter / PayPal ???

kingofthehill
10-15-2015, 09:46 PM
Hello to you,

why i can't pay with PayPal on Kickstarter? :confused:

Leifr
10-15-2015, 09:46 PM
Legal reasons, it's always been like that.

Hinkel
10-15-2015, 09:53 PM
Depends on the success on Kickstarter, we might have another option for paypal.. But lets wait a bit ;)

Legochiel
10-15-2015, 10:13 PM
Hope so i will rush to make a account if that were the case.

GreyDog58
10-15-2015, 10:58 PM
Just donated! :D Very excited!

Rohr
10-16-2015, 12:56 PM
Very Good if we get more Tennessee support in this game hopefully they will add in our civil war units cause we had units in both sides!!!!

Kammerscherge
10-16-2015, 03:10 PM
With PayPal is easier to me.

Patrick Kurtz
10-16-2015, 04:00 PM
Credit cards are safe with it though, it's https so it's secure and everything.

Kammerscherge
10-16-2015, 04:03 PM
Credit cards are safe with it though, it's https so it's secure and everything.

I have no Credit card. :(

Legochiel
10-16-2015, 04:32 PM
I also dont have a credit card, and i wouldn't get one for only this occasion.

Rithal
10-16-2015, 06:07 PM
Very Good if we get more Tennessee support in this game hopefully they will add in our civil war units cause we had units in both sides!!!!

They are adding all of the units from both sides of the campaign! :D (At least thats the plan) Us Tennesseans should have our fair share of representation! :D

Horizon
10-17-2015, 05:25 PM
Hi devs and everyone else.

Im new to this forum and actually just made an account for one sole purpose. Requesting a way to use paypal for payments. Personally outside the US, I know very little people that actually use a credit card and I do not wish to get one just so I can use it for kickstarter. I'd like to help the devs out by pledging some money and hope that i'll be notified through e-mail when that option arrives.

I'm sure you as devs are aware of this and the possible amount of backers that currently cant pledge.

I'd also like to say that i'm ofcourse hyped for this game now, I personally love this era and can't wait to pick up a rifle. I also just wanted to compliment the vegetation, its stunningly beautifull and the render distance seems great from what I can see. Hope to see ya'all on the battlefield.

Paavi
10-17-2015, 05:31 PM
Hi devs and everyone else.

Im new to this forum and actually just made an account for one sole purpose. Requesting a way to use paypal for payments. Personally outside the US, I know very little people that actually use a credit card and I do not wish to get one just so I can use it for kickstarter. I'd like to help the devs out by pledging some money and hope that i'll be notified through e-mail when that option arrives.

I'm sure you as devs are aware of this and the possible amount of backers that currently cant pledge.

I'd also like to say that i'm ofcourse hyped for this game now, I personally love this era and can't wait to pick up a rifle. I also just wanted to compliment the vegetation, its stunningly beautifull and the render distance seems great from what I can see. Hope to see ya'all on the battlefield.

Welcome to the forum!

Depends on the success on Kickstarter, we might have another option for paypal.. But lets wait a bit ;)

BloodBeag
10-17-2015, 05:32 PM
you can use a debit card as long as it has Visa and i'm sure you have parents or a friend with a card who you could give money to do it

A. P. Hill
10-17-2015, 05:57 PM
So let me get this straight. Either all you people wanting to use paypal don't have a credit card? Or does using your credit card over the internet scare the bejezus outta you?

Legochiel
10-17-2015, 06:31 PM
So let me get this straight. Either all you people wanting to use paypal don't have a credit card? Or does using your credit card over the internet scare the bejezus outta you?

Why would i get a credit card for only this occasion.

Bravescot
10-18-2015, 12:41 AM
I payed using a debit card. There not being Pay-pal doesn't stop you pledging.

A. P. Hill
10-18-2015, 01:31 AM
Why would i get a credit card for only this occasion.

Ummm you don't use a credit card for anything? Ever?

Horizon
10-18-2015, 02:12 AM
I have no clue how to translate some of these terms into correct English, I'm also not aware of how exactly credit cards work because I really dont care / never need it. But i'll try and explain it.

Where I come from (Holland) we get a card from our bank, we use these cards to buy anything we need anytime anywhere. We just slide our card through a device (scanner) enter our pincode and a transaction will be made from the cards corresponding bank account to the store's account. Most online services that are available accross the world and do bussiness in all continents support a payment method like iDeal which is an online transaction directly from your bank account to the store / webshop's acccount.

As far as i'm aware this is how most people make their transactions, and I personally do not understand why kickstarter does not allow for this payment method.

A. P. Hill
10-18-2015, 02:24 AM
You have a 16 digit number on the face of that card right? An expiration date? And a 3 number security code on the back?

That's all the information you need to provide for the kick starter.

Rithal
10-18-2015, 04:01 AM
Yeah debit cards should work fine for kickstarter.... so.... :D

You can pay using Visa, Discover, MasterCard, or American Express.

TrustyJam
10-18-2015, 04:02 AM
I have no clue how to translate some of these terms into correct English, I'm also not aware of how exactly credit cards work because I really dont care / never need it. But i'll try and explain it.

Where I come from (Holland) we get a card from our bank, we use these cards to buy anything we need anytime anywhere. We just slide our card through a device (scanner) enter our pincode and a transaction will be made from the cards corresponding bank account to the store's account. Most online services that are available accross the world and do bussiness in all continents support a payment method like iDeal which is an online transaction directly from your bank account to the store / webshop's acccount.

As far as i'm aware this is how most people make their transactions, and I personally do not understand why kickstarter does not allow for this payment method.

Sounds like a debit card to me. Those work with Kickstarter just fine. :)

- Trusty

Legochiel
10-18-2015, 11:48 AM

Thats the same as mine, only need to dig it up now.

Horizon
10-18-2015, 01:08 PM
Ugh, I see why it didn't work. My card is a Maestro...

Legochiel
10-18-2015, 01:28 PM
Ummm you don't use a credit card for anything? Ever?

I normally save my cash for when something really great happens and if something happens i normally have a way to pay for it.

Leifr
10-18-2015, 01:44 PM
I'm under the impression that there are a lot of young members on this forum, many of whom generally won't have access to a credit or even a bank card.

A. P. Hill
10-18-2015, 04:40 PM
I'm under the impression that there are a lot of young members on this forum, many of whom generally won't have access to a credit or even a bank card.

Kinda what I'm thinking now too.

Rithal
10-18-2015, 06:43 PM
Younger members with no access to a bank account can do what I used to do. Hand my dad $30 cash, get his card, and spend the same amount I gave him off the card. :p

Hethwill_Khan
10-19-2015, 10:03 AM
paysafe is the most common option - paysafecard.com

Some banks do issue "one time" transaction virtual credit cards, contact your bank.

If you are under age stop trying being wise arses and circumventing the system and talk to your parents.

Soulfly
10-19-2015, 10:17 AM
i might steal the one from my wife and enjoy her surprised face when getting early access and her, now official, captain rank

kingofthehill
10-27-2015, 05:38 PM
So i will kick it with 19$ - Corporal :cool:

Can't wait for PayPal ;)