PDA

View Full Version : Abusing Teamkilling

Henry M.
01-29-2019, 05:46 AM
Hi, there is people Teamkilling eachother on purpose soon as morale hits "Last Stand". I was wondering if their is anything we can do to solve this.

Hinkel
01-29-2019, 11:01 AM
Hi, there is people Teamkilling eachother on purpose soon as morale hits "Last Stand". I was wondering if their is anything we can do to solve this.

Why are they teamkilling each other? Whats the goal behind it?
If they teamkilling, their side will loose?

Leifr
01-29-2019, 11:06 AM

There are a great many people out there who take joy out of malicious actions. I'm not surprised it's a problem since the teamkill messages were obfuscated and folk have little repercussion for it. This is often compounded by a frustrating round, an inept officer or just homegrown dumb 'talent'.

LaBelle
01-29-2019, 12:15 PM

Because the last stand bug makes it so a single guy can hide and make everyone wait. Because people enjoy tking, and they can do it now without everyone knowing. Because it can take an admin an awful lot of time to find someone on the field, press E, and kick them.

SwingKid148
01-29-2019, 02:30 PM
Because the last stand bug makes it so a single guy can hide and make everyone wait. Because people enjoy tking, and they can do it now without everyone knowing. Because it can take an admin an awful lot of time to find someone on the field, press E, and kick them.

Admins NEED to be able to kick/ban from the tab menu. Trying to find someone on the field can take a long time.

A. P. Hill
01-29-2019, 02:41 PM

IMHO, I think a certain amount of the TKs we see are players who couldn't make the team/side they'd prefer to play on, and because of a certain inability to adjust to circumstances and play "normally", (i.e. they have the inability to accept circumstances,) they feel the need to take certain actions to assure their preferred side wins.

Many times the TKing will lessen as these players are able to switch to their preferred side when changing skirmishes.

LaBelle
01-29-2019, 03:56 PM
IMHO, I think a certain amount of the TKs we see are players who couldn't make the team/side they'd prefer to play on, and because of a certain inability to adjust to circumstances and play "normally", (i.e. they have the inability to accept circumstances,) they feel the need to take certain actions to assure their preferred side wins.

Many times the TKing will lessen as these players are able to switch to their preferred side when changing skirmishes.

That's really not it at all. We have team balance turned off on the 1st Texas server and TKing still happens for any reason the TKer wants to.

Lord Drax
01-29-2019, 04:35 PM
Admins NEED to be able to kick/ban from the tab menu. Trying to find someone on the field can take a long time.

I agree this is definitely needed. Takes too long to either find on battle or open console and hope you don't misspell name when entering command line. Being able to do it off the tab menu would be amazing!

Poorlaggedman
01-29-2019, 06:27 PM
https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q95/thedolenfiles/LIKEkilling_zps7tw5aygf.png

Oleander
01-30-2019, 01:40 PM
If they are Tk'ing on the Last Stand it may be so they can get the round over instead of waiting for all the defenders to be killed. The events sound interesting on paper but hunting down that 1 guy is a pain in the ass. Its made worse if the player is somewhere hiding that is out of bounds to you.

SwingKid148
01-30-2019, 04:36 PM
If they are Tk'ing on the Last Stand it may be so they can get the round over instead of waiting for all the defenders to be killed. The events sound interesting on paper but hunting down that 1 guy is a pain in the ass. Its made worse if the player is somewhere hiding that is out of bounds to you.

As we demanded before, last stand needs to require the defenders on the point or get killed. Otherwise it is hunting for a rambo in the hay stacks..... (Which literally can happen now) :p

Ezaco
01-30-2019, 06:06 PM
As we demanded before, last stand needs to require the defenders on the point or get killed. Otherwise it is hunting for a rambo in the hay stacks..... (Which literally can happen now) :p

Does it not already? When I was doing a last stand yesterday I got an alert to 'Get back to the point!' with a timer.

SwingKid148
01-30-2019, 06:30 PM
Does it not already? When I was doing a last stand yesterday I got an alert to 'Get back to the point!' with a timer.

If it does that now, it is new. It was not like that prior to Early Release. :)

A. P. Hill
01-30-2019, 06:48 PM
If it does that now, it is new. It was not like that prior to Early Release. :)

You should probably update! :D

SwingKid148
01-30-2019, 06:56 PM
You should probably update! :D

Have not had the honor yet of going through a last stand yet. ;)

Matt(Fridge)
01-31-2019, 06:00 PM
Despite this being a game where team play is critical and the game being marketed as such there are always going to be some players who think that the only way for them to have fun is to troll. (A strong argument for private servers). i have seen giggling pubbies purposely engage in tking while spouting ridiculous attempts at being funny/ blasting music etc... They do not understand or care that they are usually the only ones that find themselves funny. They do not give a crud if at the end of a match they are told they have been defeated. So saying that its not possible for there to be intentional team killing for that reason is really missing the point. If you observe active servers when players are not holding events you see this behavior abundantly. Private servers need to really be considered in order to preserve the competitive scene within this game.

Oleander
02-01-2019, 05:56 AM
I feel like there needs to be some momentum behind the triggers for end game event. Like if the attacker is making significant progress on the cap, or the defender has been able to hold it. I think just triggering them once morale gets too low is just prolonging a match for no real reason especially when you consider on most maps the attacker has a bigger morale reserve. Maybe make it where the cap gets to a point of no return and have a rally that spawns in all dead defenders in an attempt to hold. Maybe leave Final Push the same, but have the numbers of deaths based on a ratio of players. So say if there are only 5 players left on the end game team, and 20 alive on the other, the end game team would loose since there's almost no way they can win.

TrustyJam
02-01-2019, 09:01 AM
I feel like there needs to be some momentum behind the triggers for end game event. Like if the attacker is making significant progress on the cap, or the defender has been able to hold it. I think just triggering them once morale gets too low is just prolonging a match for no real reason especially when you consider on most maps the attacker has a bigger morale reserve. Maybe make it where the cap gets to a point of no return and have a rally that spawns in all dead defenders in an attempt to hold. Maybe leave Final Push the same, but have the numbers of deaths based on a ratio of players. So say if there are only 5 players left on the end game team, and 20 alive on the other, the end game team would loose since there's almost no way they can win.

Thank you for the feedback. :)

The goal of the end game events is to make it clearer that you are about to lose (while you also get a small new chance at turning the tide of the round).

We have seen so many players question how they can lose a round as a defender when they are still holding the point with a full force.

Last stand (while naturally up for debate and tweaks based of feedback) provides this by having the players experience their team shrink as they take casualties.

- Trusty

Oleander
02-01-2019, 12:00 PM
Thank you for the feedback. :)
The goal of the end game events is to make it clearer that you are about to lose (while you also get a small new chance at turning the tide of the round).

I get that, but I feel like if you've done that badly for the entire round the chance of turning it around is so small that you'd be better off taking the loss. There's also the issue of being overpowered on the point at the beginning of some maps where the defender never gets a chance to have any sort of last stand. That's why I think basing it off morale isn't working at the moment.

We have seen so many players question how they can lose a round as a defender when they are still holding the point with a full force.

I can sympathize with this since there's no way of knowing how much of a reserve you have left.

TrustyJam
02-01-2019, 12:25 PM
I get that, but I feel like if you've done that badly for the entire round the chance of turning it around is so small that you'd be better off taking the loss. There's also the issue of being overpowered on the point at the beginning of some maps where the defender never gets a chance to have any sort of last stand. That's why I think basing it off morale isn't working at the moment.

I can sympathize with this since there's no way of knowing how much of a reserve you have left.

If you have done badly for the entire round it should be close to Impossible to turn it around. The primary thought behind the end game events is not to give you more chances (although they do that too), but to make you and you comrades as well as your enemies get to experience a form of round closure (as a loser or winner).

We do not want end game events that have a huge chance of turning the match (that would defeat the whole point of having 45 minutes of a morale based gametype beforehand).

In short - you having little chance of winning a round after doing badly and ending up in last stand where your team gets smaller and smaller is as much for the attacker as it is for you to experience.

Not quite sure I understand the issue you’re reporting with not experiencing last stand.

The round is still able to be won (or lost) when the capture point changes hands from the defender to the attacker. This will not produce end game events as the main objective of the round is now taken/lost.

- Trusty

Oleander
02-01-2019, 12:38 PM
Not quite sure I understand the issue you’re reporting with not experiencing last stand.

The round is still able to be won (or lost) when the capture point changes hands from the defender to the attacker. This will not produce end game events as the main objective of the round is now taken/lost.

- Trusty

I'm talking about when a team outnumbers the defenders and is able to overwhelm it in a very short amount of time before the defender can recover from the initial attack to mount a defense. But, since you've said they are meant to round closure events it wouldn't make any difference.

Len Mosby
02-05-2019, 06:39 AM
yeah its getting a little out of hand......

Jackan
02-05-2019, 05:45 PM
I think making TK's only visible to the person who TK' ed, the one that was TK'ed and the admin wasnt the best. I think the reason was to not have the chat be clogged up. but its better if everyone can see someone that doing it repeatedly.

And the requirement for the auto temp ban for team killers are to lax. if the autoban was stricter it would in my opinion help with the problem.

Cairnsy44
02-05-2019, 08:05 PM
That said, the teamkilling (mostly accidental, I believe) was through the roof on the Hill's Counterattack map last night. Chat would have been nothing but red!

Matt(Fridge)
02-08-2019, 05:28 PM
Hill's counterattack can be kind of confusing at first since some of the Confederates wear blue. Pretty much all experienced players know that though and it ends up being fine during organized events.

Cairnsy44
02-08-2019, 06:49 PM
yeah, this was Union team killing. There was a main line on the fence and folks kept shooting at skirmishers in advanced positions, mostly wearing Zouave uniforms.
But yes, the blue-clad Confederates can be tough. I know I have hesitated shooting and paid for it on that map.