PDA

View Full Version : Question to the community

Ben H. Phillips
01-29-2019, 10:11 PM
ok so a friend says there should be discipline in the ranks in WoR and i say against it since its a game and your suppose to have fun feel free to put your opinion

Ben H. Phillips
01-29-2019, 10:12 PM
Note: sorry for this being in the wrong section if this is

SwingKid148
01-29-2019, 10:23 PM
In events, yes.
In free play, no but doesn't mean free for all since it is still a team centered game.

John Cooley
01-30-2019, 09:40 AM
Define, please.

Charles Caldwell
01-30-2019, 10:19 AM
A bit of a strange question and poll.

Discipline: the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behaviour, using punishment to correct disobedience.

If you are saying that the game mechanic should impose discipline via some form of ingame punishment for not following orders, then a clear NO. However if you are saying players should approach this game with a sense of discipline, then thats a whole different discussion. For Companies I'd say having any level of discipline helps improve unit cohesion and game play in general. So for getting the best out of the game, as a player a clear YES!

A. P. Hill
01-30-2019, 01:34 PM
The proper way to achieve this is join a company and drill till it makes you sick. ;)

There will never be a good way to control or discipline a group of random un-associated group of people with a wide and diverse range of age, mentality, understanding of history, etc.

John Cooley
02-03-2019, 12:31 PM
Exactly
I suppose my problem with the Poll Question is the Definition of Discipline.
As a Noun ... Hell, yes.
Every unit should have Good Discipline (Fire, Movement, Noise, Communications, etc)
As a Verb ... Not a Chance.
You can't truly mean to suggest Punitive Measures for Disobedience, right?

This Alpha Stage of the game is practically built on punishing anyone who fails to comply with the narrowly defined test parameters.
We don't need this, very necessary TEST mechanic, to become an integral part of the Completed Product.

Terrarisk
02-03-2019, 04:07 PM
Company officers should be able to expect discipline in their company ranks during events. Folks enlist in companies for that exact experience.

Self-appointed officers should not expect random, unaffiliated players to obey their commands.

Well put!