PDA

View Full Version : KillFeed/Chat

Arkansan
10-16-2015, 07:24 AM
If there is an ingame Killfeed PLEASE give us the option to size and or place it along with chat. Its very annoying in NaS when you are in an intense battle and words are scrolling up. Though I do like seeing it so maybe shrink it off to the side a lot.

TrustyJam
10-16-2015, 07:27 AM
No killfeed, not even a player based kill death ratio is planned to be shown. Instead, we want to show how regiments as a whole perform.

- Trusty

Legion
10-16-2015, 07:46 AM
No killfeed, not even a player based kill death ratio is planned to be shown. Instead, we want to show how regiments as a whole perform.

- Trusty
I like this idea. It gives players more of a reason to stick with their regiments instead of going all Rambo.

Bravescot
10-16-2015, 08:14 AM
I really like this. Takes away the intensive of bush pirates

PanicBrigade
10-17-2015, 01:27 AM

- Trusty

I respect that you don't want to show it but maybe you could add a killfeed as an option and have it off as default. In my opinion although I've seen that you're trying to distance yourselves from Napoleonic Wars you should also understand that most of the people that are intersted in the game at this point come from NW and I would dare to say that most of us actually like having a killfeed because it allows us to see how we are doing and how the match is going.

yoyo8346
10-17-2015, 03:38 AM
I respect that you don't want to show it but maybe you could add a killfeed as an option and have it off as default. In my opinion although I've seen that you're trying to distance yourselves from Napoleonic Wars you should also understand that most of the people that are intersted in the game at this point come from NW and I would dare to say that most of us actually like having a killfeed because it allows us to see how we are doing and how the match is going.

A killfeed would ruin the game. The whole point is so you can't see if you shot the guy or not. And then Generals would make strategic decisions based on what they see in the killfeed. It's just an all around immersion breaker and isn't what the game stands for.

Rithal
10-17-2015, 09:47 AM
A killfeed would ruin the game. The whole point is so you can't see if you shot the guy or not. And then Generals would make strategic decisions based on what they see in the killfeed. It's just an all around immersion breaker and isn't what the game stands for.

^This. I hate seeing if I got a kill in hardcore games. I just want to fire some rounds down range and use my judgement to make the call. It also kills the realism obviously, but I hate playing games where I'm kind of trying to hide from someone shooting at me. If the other player didn't have a hit marker or kill marker, he/she wouldn't know if all of his/her shooting would have killed me. But because he/she didn't see a kill marker pop up, he/she knows I'm still alive...

Leifr
10-17-2015, 11:49 AM
Good.
Looks like we're off to a pretty nice start with regards to the forward-thinking mentality here. Keep it up and encourage others to participate in the same manner.

Bravescot
10-17-2015, 12:06 PM
It will be cool at the end of the battle though to see a score board with how each company did and then after that the individual soldiers can see how they did in a personal tab or something. This was it first shows the teamwork and skill of the company and not individuals. The individuals can then go off and see how they did in there own time allowing them to personally reflex on their effort.

BloodBeag
10-17-2015, 02:04 PM
I feel the game is not about individuals, it is about the team play so if you're playing to get a good k:d you're missing the point. So by not allowing you to see an official k:d then you're just encouraging people to think about themselves and not the greater good of their team. Just show the kills and losses of each regiment/company as you said