PDA

View Full Version : Global Statistics

Chicken
10-16-2015, 07:29 AM
Hey everyone, I just found out about this game and I am pretty excited to see it through to final production! Anyways, I think a really cool feature for games, where applicable, is global stats. I think there should be a place reserved for things such as, for the historical battle mode, how many victories for each side and other various information about battles like ammunition fired, musicians killed (rip), or bayonet kills. Sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere, I just think it's a good idea that may add variety to a loading screen or menu. Thanks :D

Zoranny
10-16-2015, 12:41 PM
No killfeed, not even a player based kill death ratio is planned to be shown. Instead, we want to show how regiments as a whole perform.

- Trusty

Win Rate and shots fired would be cool, but K/D is a thing I don't like, because people tend to manipulate (kill friends 100x times just to get a big internet p**** ^^) and in an accurate game, K/D shouldn't be a thing ^^

Simon445
10-16-2015, 02:16 PM
Will you have to press Tab to show this ? 1240
And will all the supression effects be like ones shown in trailer?

Patrick Kurtz
10-16-2015, 04:02 PM
Individual killfeed would ruin it, it would create in team competition and make working as a team much harder..

Hinkel
10-16-2015, 05:03 PM
In the civil war, regiment commanders wrote after action reports.. indicating the recieved casualties during the fight. Most times, they just added pure numbers.

So the idea is, like Zoranny already mentioned, to get a more Team-based statistic :)

Leifr
10-16-2015, 05:07 PM
I'm not much in favour of 'live-feed' kill messages or statistics, I think it tends to enforce a certain type of behaviour. It would be better, Hinkel, if such things were included more as an 'after action report' as you've mentioned, and kept relatively vague or purposely obscure. Reporting casualty names would be fine, reporting exactly whom shot whom would seem ill-placed during the period.

Patrick Kurtz
10-16-2015, 05:18 PM
I'm in agreement with both Hinkel and Leifr, I think it would be neat if there was something like a report after the battle, and it just gave the casualties of regiments, and then the total.

Rithal
10-16-2015, 06:00 PM
I believe Hinkel or Trusty already confirmed that there would be no killfeed, so worry not! :D

Legochiel
10-16-2015, 06:03 PM
I believe Hinkel or Trusty already confirmed that there would be no killfeed, so worry not! :D

Edit: Now that I'm looking around, I can't seem to find where they talked about it.... But I can swear they did... Maybe I'm going insane? Anyway, its not 100%. Devs please confirm.

No killfeed, not even a player based kill death ratio is planned to be shown. Instead, we want to show how regiments as a whole perform.

- Trusty

This what your looking for? :)

Rithal
10-16-2015, 06:04 PM
This what your looking for? :)

Yep! I found it and edited my comment literally 15 seconds before you posted! :D

PanicBrigade
10-17-2015, 01:35 AM
In the civil war, regiment commanders wrote after action reports.. indicating the recieved casualties during the fight. Most times, they just added pure numbers.

So the idea is, like Zoranny already mentioned, to get a more Team-based statistic :)

I don't think having a live kill feed make players tend to act more "rambo-y" like if you will. In my opinion it would be good to have it as an option and have it off as default. And about the Battle Reports, how would you do it? I would recommend looking at how Dice has done them in Battlefield 4. If you want to I can provide you with multiple reports of my games.

AngryNorwegian
10-17-2015, 06:01 AM
Another point to make would be that to include real time numbers for the respective sides, would perhaps create unfair situations where there are perhaps only a few troops left on either side, on one side of the map there are union troops fighting with a confederate force and suddenly they see that the confederate overall troop score drops and then they charge in and kill them before they can retreat, regroup etc. The point im trying to make is that having the real time troop scores for each team can be manipulated by players, which seems really out of place in a historical game like this.

Just my .02 dollars. Also, hello.

William
10-17-2015, 09:01 AM

Nothing more Need to say xD

A. P. Hill
10-17-2015, 06:15 PM
This wish sounds so much like a WOW player statement.

Someone who doesn't understand the meaning behind the game and is more worried about personal promotion of self statistics. Not needed in my opinion.

Chicken
12-30-2015, 04:08 PM
I know I'm like 4 months behind and also reviving this post, but my initial intention behind making it was to add a cool little graphic on a loading screen that showed various statistics as I mentioned in my original post. This could be kills with a specific weapon, certain classes killed, or whatever else. I noticed a ton of people saying that it would influence players to play selfishly, but the way that I intended to portray it as would have been a global mash-up of the skill, and not just on a player-by-player basis.