PDA

View Full Version : New maps

Legochiel
10-16-2015, 12:19 PM
In the kickstarter video you guys said that you had more maps in mind.

Are you saying that you guys are maybe going to expand out of the Maryland campaign?

Rithal
10-16-2015, 06:12 PM
It has been discussed in the past... :p

Arkansan
10-16-2015, 06:13 PM
I would LOVE to be able to help map. I very much enjoyed doing several for NaS. Its a lot of fun, though it takes a long ass time to produce a quality map. I'm very interested in the cryengine map editor and will play around with it for sure on release. Mount and blade map editor was very basic and tedious and discouraged a lot of mappers. I do think its important to produce a wide variety of maps because it will be done nonetheless by the community. Realistic maps like the insane awesome one you have now and generic ones that mix things up.

Legochiel
10-16-2015, 06:23 PM
It has been discussed in the past... :p

Didnt know that yet. So yes or no?

Arkansan
10-16-2015, 06:27 PM

I doubt something that big would be leaked here in the forum before an update. Though I'm sure its a possibility.

William
10-16-2015, 06:40 PM

Mr Legochiel the game is not even alpha yet 2nd they will tell if they know believe in the devs they do there bst :)

Legochiel
10-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Mr Legochiel the game is not even alpha yet 2nd they will tell if they know believe in the devs they do there bst :)

I just asked for the simple question of ''will this game go out of the Maryland campaign later''.

Rithal
10-16-2015, 06:50 PM
I just asked for the simple question of ''will this game go out of the Maryland campaign later''.

And I answered it. It has been discussed in the past in the community and devs, however it hasn't been confirmed...

Legochiel
10-16-2015, 06:52 PM
And I answered it. It has been discussed in the past in the community and devs, however it hasn't been confirmed...

Thats alright i suppose. :)

A. P. Hill
10-17-2015, 12:31 AM
I'd love to see the Seven Days ... and/or ... the Peninsular Campaign

PanicBrigade
10-17-2015, 01:50 AM
Will you have the option to play in randomly generated maps?

yoyo8346
10-17-2015, 03:31 AM
Will you have the option to play in randomly generated maps?

I don't see why Campfire would do that. One of the trade marks of the game is that the maps are as historically accurate as possible at a 1:1 scale. This isn't Mount & Blade Napoleonic wars :P

Arkansan
10-17-2015, 03:52 AM
I don't see why Campfire would do that. One of the trade marks of the game is that the maps are as historically accurate as possible at a 1:1 scale. This isn't Mount & Blade Napoleonic wars :P

I love the historically accurate map/maps though I'd also like to see some other scenarios as well. If the devs don't add any I plan to, just for funsies. I imagine there will be servers belonging to Regiments/Armies just like NaS/NW so I'll prob use them to promote it. The different game modes will make this hella fun for events. If only I could work on them now ;) ;) :D

BloodBeag
10-17-2015, 09:33 AM
I think they said more maps they meant more of the maps for the skirmishes game mode which are the small portions of the greater map. Perhaps if the kickstarter got 5000% of what it needed and even then after they finished this, they might think about expanding to the game to another campaign in the civil war

A. P. Hill
10-17-2015, 06:01 PM
Regarding the existing maps ... IF I go to Antietam field and take a laptop with me and march around the field, will all the trees and shrubs all be in the right places? :D

Legochiel
10-17-2015, 06:29 PM
Regarding the existing maps ... IF I go to Antietam field and take a laptop with me and march around the field, will all the trees and shrubs all be in the right places? :D

You will see your own character walking around the fields probably :)

Rithal
10-17-2015, 10:20 PM
You will see your own character walking around the fields probably :)

Top answer. Right here ^

Anyway, Snuffy, looking at the screenshots we have been provided, it definitely looks like they made an effort to get a lot of the trees and such in the right general area. It definitely won't be 100% accurate as that's practically impossible, but the tree lines and such should look rather similar :)

Patrick Kurtz
10-18-2015, 01:47 AM
I wish there was a western civil war game, all focus on the east in Virginia

Rithal
10-18-2015, 04:02 AM
I wish there was a western civil war game, all focus on the east in Virginia

Well I'm a strong supporter for more attention on the western theater. (Meaning Tennessee, Mississippi, ect.) Maybe some of us can convince the developers to move to the west after they complete this project in its fullest in a few years :D

A. P. Hill
10-18-2015, 04:04 AM
Who knows what the future will hold with this venture.

BloodBeag
10-18-2015, 07:53 AM
Isn't gettysburg the most important battle in the entire war?

Rithal
10-18-2015, 08:46 AM

It was definitely an important one, but a lot of its fame comes purely from the amount of death in the battle. There were obviously many other battles that had a huge influence on the outcome of the war. ;)

BloodBeag
10-18-2015, 12:25 PM
Yeah but if the Union lost that battle they would have lost the war. Also little round hill or whatever is basically the Union version of Rorke's drift

A. P. Hill
10-18-2015, 12:38 PM

Probably no more important than say ... Vicksburg, Atlanta, Petersburg, ... BUT Gettysburg has been done to death by everyone else who wanted to make an ACW game, I cheer the efforts by the team here that they chose a different, JUST as important battle.

Just imagine, IF McClellan had had a pair of balls and used his Army of the Potomac the way he should have, the ACW could have ended with the battle of Sharpsburg/Antietam, and Gettysburg never would have happened.

Patrick Kurtz
10-18-2015, 04:40 PM
Well I'm a strong supporter for more attention on the western theater. (Meaning Tennessee, Mississippi, ect.) Maybe some of us can convince the developers to move to the west after they complete this project in its fullest in a few years :D

I would love that so much, I'm from Missouri, so I am kinda in that hub. I only live a couple hours away from Shiloh, Fort Donelson places like that.

zimmer1lb
10-18-2015, 06:13 PM
In the future it will all be 3D. They'll fly a drone over the battlefields taking 3D representations and make any historical adjustments necessary to be as accurate as possible. By then my ashes will be floating down the stream towards the Missouri River and all you guys will be ancient. :p

zimm out