PDA

View Full Version : 8-3-2019 Forty-Second Field Report: Picket Patrol Released!

Fancy Sweetroll
03-08-2019, 01:15 PM
Field Report 41:Phase 3 Release and Early Access Roadmap posted 12-12-2018 CLICK TO VIEW (https://warofrights.com/Fieldreport42)

RhettVito
03-08-2019, 01:17 PM
Line battle time !

Murph
03-08-2019, 01:59 PM
This should be interesting indeed!

Valk
03-08-2019, 02:05 PM
WOW forcing pickits into line! awesome.....

John Cooley
03-08-2019, 02:10 PM
They say they listened but here is the part that I think disputes that statement ....
"Due to the mode being a single life mode, formation requirements will be stricter than those found in the Skirmishes game mode, not allowing players to be “out of line” for more than 30 seconds."

Really? We are making the ticket system and formations even more restrictive?
We want less restrictive game play that actually encourages skirming and the solution is more closely packed lines?

Let me see if I can adequately capture how this game is starting to make me feel ...

Hinkel
03-08-2019, 02:28 PM
They say they listened but here is the part that I think disputes that statement ....
"Due to the mode being a single life mode, formation requirements will be stricter than those found in the Skirmishes game mode, not allowing players to be “out of line” for more than 30 seconds."

We want less restrictive game play that actually encourages skirming and the solution is more closely packed lines?

Let me see if I can adequately capture how this game is starting to make me feel ...

The idea behind it is simple:
Since there is just 1-life per soldier, it might be a boring round, if someone just sits and camp in a bush.
Imagine all but 1 guy died during the round, the last one is just hiding in a bush for the last 12 minutes :)

Oleander
03-08-2019, 02:36 PM
Its not like this game mode isnt going to change over time either.

Matt(Fridge)
03-08-2019, 02:43 PM
It's a solid addition. Should keep us happy for awhile. I have not been on yet but I want to know. Since we are patrolling our own camps will we be able to select any regiment to play as?

Hinkel
03-08-2019, 02:49 PM
It's a solid addition. Should keep us happy for awhile. I have not been on yet but I want to know. Since we are patrolling our own camps will we be able to select any regiment to play as?

Right now, the areas have pre scripted regiments. They might be random in the near future.

Oleander
03-08-2019, 03:08 PM
I may have missed this is the report, but how many areas of that map are there available for this mode?

RhettVito
03-08-2019, 03:13 PM
Please keep this mode how it is keep it restricted! It will be nice to finally play with no Rambo's. Now I would say have the battle 20 minutes long instead of 15 minutes. Also better bullet penetration on houses. This game mode will be perfect for unit on unit battle! No more just rushing the point! This gamemode is hardcore it will require a lot of scouting and very good tactical positioning. -Now we will really see who the better tactical leaders are.

Ramirez Nicholas J.
03-08-2019, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the mode Devs! Should be fun to try out. :)

Oleander
03-08-2019, 04:47 PM
-Now we will really see who the better tactical leaders are.

We already know.

LaBelle
03-08-2019, 05:10 PM

The pubbies are already forming three-man skirmishing groups. Relax.

amelius
03-08-2019, 09:52 PM
We already know.

WORD. That is the truth man.

I am going to join in and say thank you to the devs. I have heard a lot of bitching but...hey that's what they are going to do..bitch and bitch because "It's not perfect" LITERALLY the same day the update happened. While I do have my own issues with the way the development of this game has been handled, I also respect that I don't understand what it takes to do this work. I appreciate the fact that you listen to us. For all those people who say that you didn't...well I can't help them not be pissy about everything. While I don't see how this game mode can even be viable until locked servers, I am thankful this update wasn't just a few fps change, and puddles that "squelch" as you walk lol.

TLDR: THE COMMUNITY BITCHES TOO MUCH. THANK YOU DEVS.

RhettVito
03-08-2019, 10:42 PM
We already know.

See ya the field reb we will see about that.

LaBelle
03-09-2019, 01:54 AM
See ya the field reb we will see about that.

We "saw about it" three rounds in a row this morning.

John Cooley
03-09-2019, 10:01 AM
The pubbies are already forming three-man skirmishing groups. Relax.

LMAO ... small groups of Rambos not working together is NOT a formation, is nothing new nor is it helpful.
Bum rushing to houses and hunkering down to wait out the timer is such a change from bum rushing to a fence line or specific set of rocks, hunkering down and waiting out the timer.
Yeah this mode is so different, unique and enjoyable.

Well, it isn't all bad I suppose ... we can still head back to Drill Camp and oooo and aaaah over muddy footprints like before this 'game changing' patch. /facepalm

TrustyJam
03-09-2019, 11:11 AM
LMAO ... small groups of Rambos not working together is NOT a formation, is nothing new nor is it helpful.
Bum rushing to houses and hunkering down to wait out the timer is such a change from bum rushing to a fence line or specific set of rocks, hunkering down and waiting out the timer.

Well, it isn't all bad I suppose ... we can still head back to Drill Camp and oooo and aaaah over muddy footprints like before this 'game changing' patch. /facepalm

No one is forcing you to attack an enemy in a superior position to yours. :)

- Trusty

LaBelle
03-09-2019, 01:52 PM

You can shoot through their cover, Cooley. Hardly a difficult tactic lmao.

John Cooley
03-09-2019, 04:19 PM
LOL yeah realism at its finest.

Well I do like to give credit where it is due so ...
CG has helped my understand my ancestor a bit better.

Three times he returned home during the War of Secession (once on leave and twice paroled by the enemy) and when family asked him how the war was progressing his reply was ...
We are doomed. We will fight to the bitter end but we, sadly, will not prevail.
How can we when every soldier, from Junior Officer on down, knows that the tactics of last century cause slaughter and defeat but Higher Command is entrenched in their delusion that "it will work the next time"?

Thanks guys.

Vulcarin
03-09-2019, 04:46 PM
You can shoot through their cover, Cooley. Hardly a difficult tactic lmao.

Give this mode a chance....when its on private servers and we can set rules(like no house hiding) it sets up for a real strategic fight.

Dug Holes
03-11-2019, 10:24 PM
Interesting play mode. Timer seems a bit long. Getting killed by a quick trolling team kill, desertion, or just getting hit early on sucks to have to wait up to 15 mins until map resets. I've heard people map should only be 5 mins, but I think 10 mins seems like a reasonable time for the map to reset. Long enough to force people to get into action, but not so demoralizing to have to wait a 1/4 hour to get back in the fray.

Vankovski
03-26-2019, 06:32 PM
Add burning down houses ;3