PDA

View Full Version : Canteen Advice.

Marvises
10-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Hello all,

I'm an american civil war reenactor/ living historian. I have been in the hobby for around 6 years now. I do the authentic "hardcore" impressions. I would suggest, raising the height of the canteens. Soldiers back then typically had the canteen up on their hip. by the screenshots it looks like they are on the thigh. (if the canteen is held higher up on the body, it's easier to grab and drink out of on the march)

Also, for the canteen covers, a grey/brown jean wool cover were more common than the "blue" ones you guys have along with a leather strap. Here are some reference photos. 12411242

Hinkel
10-16-2015, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the forum!
Its always lovely to have reenactors in the community.

We are aware of those details and those will be added later. For the moment, we spent the limited resources into a basic version. Later, we will add way more variations, like canteen colors and other type of canteens, as well as other variations of the equipment :)

Feel free to share the project with your reenactor friends! :D

Marvises
10-16-2015, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the quick response Hinkel!

If you have any questions, ill be glad to help! I have a wealth of knowledge on the era and willing to help!

Bravescot
10-16-2015, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the quick response Hinkel!

If you have any questions, ill be glad to help! I have a wealth of knowledge on the era and willing to help!

Trust me mate, they have the knowledge nailed xD George seems to know EVERYTHING!!

Rithal
10-16-2015, 04:55 PM
Trust me mate, they have the knowledge nailed xD George seems to know EVERYTHING!!

He is like a large encyclopedia of every term from the years 1840 - 1870. :D

Marvises
10-16-2015, 05:52 PM
well, i wasn't sure what they had planed. Just saw the pre-alpha so i figured i would suggest it :P

Devmc99
10-16-2015, 08:20 PM
The more reenactors in the community, the better!