PDA

View Full Version : What happens when a company commander dies?

[5thFL(B)] Cpt. Carroll
05-20-2019, 03:29 PM
How does War of Rights plan on managing the company of the commanders those who departed?

Similar to how Facebook memorializes death of a patron Facebook page?

Change nothing, but potentially have "idle" companies that last forever?

This is all assuming there is only 1 commander for 1 company.

Psalm 144:1-2

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; he is my steadfast love and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield and he in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.

SwingKid148
05-20-2019, 09:52 PM
We've had threads upon threads upon threads on needing a clean up of the company tool but the devs have more important things to work on at the moment.

Shiloh
05-28-2019, 02:50 PM
Company tool as it stands right now lacks in so many ways. There are dead paper companies who have control of regiments that other people would like to take a shot at but can't currently. We cleaned out our company tool of all inactive members and I encourage other regiments to do that as on paper we all look so great but in reality we only have a certain amount people who show up regularly.

The way that can be achieved - if people die or don't play anymore - is if people are inactive on company tool for 6 months then everything automatically gets forfeited.

Saris
05-28-2019, 03:55 PM
Company tool as it stands right now lacks in so many ways. There are dead paper companies who have control of regiments that other people would like to take a shot at but can't currently. We cleaned out our company tool of all inactive members and I encourage other regiments to do that as on paper we all look so great but in reality we only have a certain amount people who show up regularly.

The way that can be achieved - if people die or don't play anymore - is if people are inactive on company tool for 6 months then everything automatically gets forfeited.

The company tool should be integrated into the game before they start disbanding inactive companies.

dogofspades
07-14-2019, 05:08 AM
Just found this post, and I cant agree more with both Shiloh & Saris on this one. I think that company tool definitely needs to be integrated before any companies are disbanded as many unformed or smaller units may still have active players - but who play on an irregular basis. I could also see the possible implementation of a company tool membership expiring or being purged if the member has not logged in after a set amount of time. My Former Co - the 7th Tennessee Co. E & F for example at its high point had 125 members on the "paper count" , but at least 75% were inactive with maybe 10 -15 showing up on a regular basis. To this end, I also acted and recommend purging numbers to control your true player base. Lastly, if any overhaul is done - I feel that some in the community have seen & have pointed out that some individuals, use company tool to create multiple "fake"accounts to use as "place holders" - in order to muster and gain rights to the name - essentially cheating the system. These accounts should be identified and purged as well. In the end, the Dev's have a lot on there plate and are working tirelessly to create us a great game - but company tool should not be forgotten - and I am confident it will not be!