PDA

View Full Version : Gettysburg

Nelson335
10-18-2015, 12:33 AM
So, here's the idea.
Since this is based during the American Civil war, I think a game-mode just for Gettysburg would be good, or possibly a map, singleplayer mission, any of those would be good.
What do you think?

A. P. Hill
10-18-2015, 01:33 AM
No, Gettysburg has been done to death by everyone else. Lets do all the other battles first leave Gettysburg to last.

Please.

Macliness
10-18-2015, 02:41 AM
getty's burg would be a fun map but as snuffy said its way to over made of a map. like anyone who even opens a history book of the civil war would know about getty's burg. so i must side with snuffy on this 1 but maybe latter on they could add it. BUT FIRST LETS SEE TH ALPHA!!!!!!!!!

Rithal
10-18-2015, 03:32 AM
The developers are focused on the Maryland campaign at the moment, but who knows what the future holds. :)

Legion
10-18-2015, 05:29 AM
I hope they do Gettysburg, I've never seen it done in a game like this before, I've only ever seen it in rats and stuff. But I also think they should wait till later to do Gettysburg mostly because Gettysburg was really just a bunch of small battle over a rather large area so I think they would do it in multiple maps. I would like to see some earlier civil war battles like bull run or something.

A. P. Hill
10-18-2015, 12:48 PM
I didn't say I didn't want to see it done. I said I didn't want to see it done so soon. I also explained in another thread that brought this topic up ...

Antietam is very important as well. IF McClellan had used his Army of the Potomac as he should have, there never would have been a Gettysburg.

Hinkel
10-18-2015, 04:44 PM
You have to imagine, that a map like Gettysburg would need 2 or more years of research.
The battlefield is that huge, you would need at least 2 maps.. each with 4x4km.

With the town of gettysburg, you would need hundrets of blueprints for all those buildings in the town and for the farm buildings, tons of references for the entire landscape, the form and place of fences and such.
Its a huge effort to get such maps done... and we are trying to get those battlefields in a 1:1 and nearly 100% authentic look.

But yes, it would be a lovely battlefield! :)

Pvt.Scott
10-20-2015, 12:14 AM
I can just image pickets charge in this game. Just seeing 1 confed cannon smoke then another then you just see a row of cannon smoke and your like "HERE WE GO BOYS!" And if you do make a Gettysburg map I would suggest going to Gettysburg the battlefield because it would give you the best details and its also just awesome. Take it from someone who's been there.

-Mitchell-
10-20-2015, 04:11 PM
Something in the Western Theater would be interesting, Shiloh would be amazing. :cool:

TrustyJam
10-20-2015, 04:13 PM
Something in the Western Theater would be interesting, Shiloh would be amazing. :cool:

I've always been interested in Shiloh. :) I think of it every spring when the fruit trees blossom with pink flowers.

- Trusty

Jonny Powers
10-20-2015, 06:25 PM
There really needs to be more CW media centered around the western theater. I would love to see a Chickamauga battlefield (only ever adopted into a visual media by Robert Enrico in '62) or a Missionary Ridge map.

Along with that, the very beginning of the war should get some focus, if purely for the beauty of the uniforms alone!