PDA

View Full Version : Please add 3rd person option

Wiener_Snitzel
10-18-2015, 01:47 AM
I know you are going for historical and authentic game.
And of course 1st person would be the most real and authentic to go with, however i find that in almost all 1st person shooters
the FOV is kinda wierd from what you see with your on eyes and gives you tunnel vison, witch is fine when shooting, but moving around
and forming lines and stuff could get a bit funky.

There for i would really really enjoy a 3rd person option, i took a picture where it kinda 3rd person ish.
1271 It looks like it would work really well with the game.
I hope you will give this some thougts

keep up the amazing work! cant wait to try the game

rebeldestroyer
10-18-2015, 02:15 AM
I think they said they wont have 3rd person

Jamez
10-18-2015, 02:26 AM
There is no need/motive for them to add a third person option. I highly doubt they will be implementing it.

A. P. Hill
10-18-2015, 02:27 AM
You picture appears "3rd personish" because the player used for filming that shot was that far back in the lines. Your FP view will always appear "3rd personish" as you look at the other players.

Simon445
10-18-2015, 11:43 AM
3rd person ruins the whole experience. And they said they wont add it.

Wiener_Snitzel
10-18-2015, 11:50 AM
well that sucks :/

BloodBeag
10-18-2015, 12:19 PM
There will be afreelook button like in Mount & Blade where you press "`" So when forming lines and whatever you can look around without moving your body

A. P. Hill
10-18-2015, 12:43 PM
It's an overpowered ability.
Like, if you're at the side of a building and the enemy is right beside that wall, you can easily rotate the camera view and spot them.
It ruins immersion and just in whole would make the game unfair to play.

And how is that any different than real life? Its a chance you take. 3rd person is a "cheat" more or less.

Scotland
10-18-2015, 02:10 PM
:/ I think they should have a third person mode. Some people prefer that as well.

BloodBeag
10-18-2015, 05:59 PM
To make it realistic it would be in first person and they are trying to make it realistic and seeing as the vast majority of supporters want it in first person there really is no need to put third person in

Wiener_Snitzel
10-18-2015, 09:41 PM
To make it realistic it would be in first person and they are trying to make it realistic and seeing as the vast majority of supporters want it in first person there really is no need to put third person in

I think it would be a great idea to be able to set sever to 1st person only or 1st or 3rd person, just like DayZ.
Then people can find sever as they please, and it donest seem like that big a thing to put into the game.
I think alot of the North and South(mount and blade) community would really appreciate it
3rd person gives you much more situation awareness witch i like :)

rebeldestroyer
10-18-2015, 10:14 PM
I think I know a solution but it's far fetched. make a toggle button for moving your eyes and moving your head and then maybe a center view button.

Tsforteen
10-18-2015, 11:55 PM
I think I know a solution but it's far fetched. make a toggle button for moving your eyes and moving your head and then maybe a center view button.

Mind Blown

(Not being rude)

Hethwill_Khan
10-19-2015, 10:08 AM
Keep it realistically credible. Keep it simulator.

If anything have head tracker ( trackir, freetrack, etc ) but to be honest, especially on the loading sequence one must look at what one is doing or mess the loading sequence - pretty much like it would happen IRL.

Even without head tracker the compromise of sticking to 1st person and fighting in a tight body of troopers is the entire point.

Jonny Powers
10-20-2015, 07:47 PM
What about just putting mirrors in houses? It's the little touches like that that make it :cool:

A. P. Hill
10-20-2015, 07:51 PM
I like the tracker idea it works great in flight sims. :)

Pvt.Scott
10-21-2015, 01:46 AM
3rd person isn't good because you would need cross hairs and cross hairs ore stupid and for people who can't shoot a gun.

Bravescot
10-21-2015, 01:48 AM
This is a realism game. Third person can get stuffed. I don't seem people asking for third person from Red Orchestra 2

Pvt.Scott
10-21-2015, 01:58 AM
Exactly. That's why and bravescott I was on a roll commenting and I refresh the page and tour on the screen everywhere. XD. Stupid phone.