PDA

View Full Version : Cheating Company Tool to Muster Companies

dogofspades
07-24-2019, 02:13 PM
I'm truly sorry ya'll, but this is getting ridiculous on company tool and I think something needs to be done about it. I will not call out individual companies or individuals, but its pretty easy to spot and ya'll don't even try to cover it up. I urge you ALL to stop and reconsider, as this is not only skewing the numbers on company tool, but you are stealing from the entire community - and knocking out smaller companies that have REAL players that would have had the opportunity to muster. I understand the need in some cases, if a company is maxed out and more room is needed for further growth - but to create 10 BS accounts to muster a company as a place holder because you don't want to put the work in or you just don't have the skills is out right thievery. Further to this - it attracts other new potential volunteers and puts everyone at a recruitment disadvantage. The tool was created for all to use fairly - not for people to exploit for there own gains. Anybody else have an opinion?

Kel
07-24-2019, 05:48 PM
Who?

COL. Patrick R Cleburne
07-24-2019, 11:01 PM
i mentioned this some time ago vocally not on the forums there are two ways this goes down ether small unit get consumed by the bigger ones because off ppl just making accounts or you pick a leader to fallow and i think both side's not having any clear leader as far as i can tell have made for big issues in the ranks just some thoughts Sir

dogofspades
07-25-2019, 12:39 AM
i mentioned this some time ago vocally not on the forums there are two ways this goes down ether small unit get consumed by the bigger ones because off ppl just making accounts or you pick a leader to fallow and i think both side's not having any clear leader as far as i can tell have made for big issues in the ranks just some thoughts Sir:confused:

I'm not really sure what your talking about but i'll offer a response. As far as leadership in any given company - i thinks it's a significant stretch for you to assume that the majority of companies, small or large on either side has " no clear leadership" as of your post - this is just your opinion and it's just flat out wrong. I have worked with a multitude of commanders who would say otherwise, respectfully. Small unit's are still units, and ANYONE who sleazes there way through tool and rob's these folks who are trying to grow should be held accountable for the action's. I'm sure that the devs can track who posts what through the identification of IP addresses on the forum, and when that happens I can only hope that accounts are not only deleted - but the individuals who are caught are stripped of access and banned from using company tool as well as the forum. So i ask you this question Cleburne ... would you as a leader yourself - look the other way if you knew individuals were cheating the system or as a dev would you allow it? Would you yourself take advantage... I don't think so.

Southern
07-25-2019, 06:01 AM
To reply to the original post, there a lot of false companies and numbers there. I mean if you look how many companies + members curtain organizations claim they have.... And then you see the reality during the events, its laughable! These "organizations" on paper should have hundreds of people they don't.

It is because the company tool has no real use no systems in place to deal with anything you mention, you can manage your guys on TeamSpeak or Discord. Tool does not do anything else then claim a name which in this period of time is just a tag in front of your name nothing more.

LaBelle
07-25-2019, 09:59 AM
There's also the issue that the companies with "100" members can't easily edit the company tool in a timely manner. If I want to prune the inactive from Company L, if it's 30 guys I'm pruning I could be there for 25 minutes. The whole tool is wildly outdated and clunky.

Dane Karlsen
07-25-2019, 10:26 AM
Could'n there be like a timer? I have just started 1st usss co f. And it is my intention to give it a 3 month deadline. If we are not mustered as a company by then it's not going to happen. And the same could be for formed company? Say profiles that has not been online for a fixed amount of time get their profiles deleted. Then both inactive players and a companys 25+ fake profiles the same.

Cuase I think we can all agree that there is alot of ghost companies out there. There are 4 regular USSS companies left to pick from. But from my experience 2nd USSS Co.H are the only really existing and acting USSS company out there. Just to give one example.

dogofspades
07-25-2019, 04:54 PM
@Southern totally agree the company tool needs a overhaul and many others also share the same feeling... however I think that tool can be useful for organization and also add a little role play element as it stands. I think it also depends on how companies themselves and commanders use the tool and telegram system. But to your point i rely more so on discord for communication and steam messenger. @LaBelle The task of discharging 25 - 30 in actives by individual clicks is definitely tedious, I've done it! This could point to a possible feature of "pruning" like you would see in a discord server to remove dead weight. @Dane Karlsen Iv'e heard others talk about a deadline for inactivity that would not only remove members who have not logged in to tool for lets say 6 months - but whose effect would also de-muster any unit whose commander has not logged either. It's needed - but other officers within this same company could be active all the time - such as with company recruiters and such - so this would have to extend somehow to company staff. As far as a personal time limit for your muster, I wouldn't cut it to short - it took me about 8 months to claw in 100 volunteers for my 1st unit - the 7th Tennessee, and now with the 14th its been about 4 months and our paper count is 37 ( of witch about 15 - 18 are active). And to your closing statement 100% ghost companies are rampant - there's more then 5 Tennessee companies mustered and I've only seen 1 or 2 members with tags from any in 2 years. Thank you for the posts gents!

Oleander
07-26-2019, 02:18 PM
At this point what does it matter? I highly doubt the CT is going to be integrated into the game at this point because of the number of shadow companies. We raised the issue with unmustered companies holding ownership of a certain unit for years and no one is able to remove them and no one seems interested in cleaning it up. If they ever get to the point where your CT character is tied to your Steam account, or a valid copy of WOR is required to authenticate, that's going to be the only way to get it under control.

Dane Karlsen
07-26-2019, 09:32 PM
@Dane Karlsen Iv'e heard others talk about a deadline for inactivity that would not only remove members who have not logged in to tool for lets say 6 months - but whose effect would also de-muster any unit whose commander has not logged either. It's needed - but other officers within this same company could be active all the time - such as with company recruiters and such - so this would have to extend somehow to company staff. As far as a personal time limit for your muster, I wouldn't cut it to short - it took me about 8 months to claw in 100 volunteers for my 1st unit - the 7th Tennessee, and now with the 14th its been about 4 months and our paper count is 37 ( of witch about 15 - 18 are active). And to your closing statement 100% ghost companies are rampant - there's more then 5 Tennessee companies mustered and I've only seen 1 or 2 members with tags from any in 2 years. Thank you for the posts gents!

Well if the member number go below the needed amount, then the specific company are free for others to choose. Atleast as I understand it. But no matter what is beeing done, it would be nice to see it adressed in the future.

And thank you for the advice. Much apreciated

Leifr
07-26-2019, 10:53 PM
The Company Tool definitely needs a reset. It would probably be best though to link it to a game-key, or something though... otherwise automatically cull inactive companies every month or so.

PAIOLETTI
07-27-2019, 09:27 AM
I'm truly sorry ya'll, but this is getting ridiculous on company tool and I think something needs to be done about it. I will not call out individual companies or individuals, but its pretty easy to spot and ya'll don't even try to cover it up. I urge you ALL to stop and reconsider, as this is not only skewing the numbers on company tool, but you are stealing from the entire community - and knocking out smaller companies that have REAL players that would have had the opportunity to muster. I understand the need in some cases, if a company is maxed out and more room is needed for further growth - but to create 10 BS accounts to muster a company as a place holder because you don't want to put the work in or you just don't have the skills is out right thievery. Further to this - it attracts other new potential volunteers and puts everyone at a recruitment disadvantage. The tool was created for all to use fairly - not for people to exploit for there own gains. Anybody else have an opinion?

Thank you so much brother for bringing this to my attention! i owe you one! Much respect to the supreme commander of Tennessee, Spades!

PAIOLETTI
07-27-2019, 09:31 AM
The Company Tool definitely needs a reset. It would probably be best though to link it to a game-key, or something though... otherwise automatically cull inactive companies every month or so.

Leifr/Digby, Trusty Jam, Hinkel or to whom it may appropriate.......

As a long time veteran of this game and the community, and as someone who has never thought his position as a game tester/player(no matter my position as commander of II Corps or Event Coordinator) has had any more warrant or sway over your decisions as a developer than anyone else who has bought the game i have my very first request. My name has been used in dishonest conduct (Nicholas Paioletti is my real name) and has been slandered against. In the Company Tool the companies G, H, K, I, E, D'quins battery A, Washingtons Battery 1 have been all on the same day taken by a [person/group of ppl] that have used my birth name and have taken control of all of these units. They have posted many homophobic, sexist and racist segments within the Descriptions, along with youtube videos of demeaning or less than Christian value pictures and segments. I am requesting you to exterminate those units that are fake and only purpose is to slander my name, the name of my regiment, and the good name of the community of WoR, which is all together a wholesome one and one that does not embarrass itself. Whoever is responsible for making such accounts should be ashamed but, without you personally doing away with these companies it PERSONALLY is an embarrassment to me and all of my unit and II Corps........again, i have never asked for anything as far as game material, maps ect ect..but this is a personal slight against me and i will need your help. Can the companies G, H, K, I, E, D'quins battery A, Washingtons Battery 1 please be cut down as they have purposely taken my regiments companies using my name, slandering about and making a mockery of us? Please let me know what your judgment is in this course and i pray you here me out and not let my units growth to be hindered or my unit to be made a mockery and embarressed in public as it is now.

****6th LA Companies G, H, K, I, E, D'quins battery A, Washingtons Battery 1**** you can delete their presence offically if you so wish. I will contact you once i have those units mustered in real numbers in game. I Currently have an Echo company (E) they are my skimishers but they only stand at 8 active men so i have not yet taken it in the company tool, before the dogs took it and slandered my unit. Please keep in contact and let me know what you think, and i hope your judgement is a fair one.

.....also unless this person or persons have a VPN i would assume you can track thier IP, it would be and interesting but not essential outcome to know who would do this to us, and i would obviously request there accounts, and real accounts to be deemed counterfeit at the minimum or wholesale exterminated. Please help me trusty, this is morally not right and obviously humiliating to my boys on a personal level.

9th_Deckhart
07-27-2019, 09:55 AM
This is really a shame that this is going on, its one thing to disagree with someone, it's another to purposely abuse/misuse the things the devs have used to help us organize. I hope this gets resolved ASAP. This shouldn't be happening guys, it just makes us all look bad as a community. #WeSupportPAIOLETTI

SilverStaples
07-27-2019, 10:09 AM
I know the devs don't want to police the community, but this is crazy. I get why you don't want to get involved with people mustering units out from under a regiment (even though you know that's shady) You can't defend remaining neutral and letting anyone impersonate another company commander. Let them Post sexist, homophobic, racist garbage for the sole purpose of trashing that persons reputation and that of their companies.
Bare minimum response to this is to delete those companies. If this is the person I think it is, that means this is just one more thing in a long line of toxic events. The devs need to perma ban him off the forums and the game. Don't get me wrong though, I won't hold my breath waiting for any of that to happen.

Please don't just respond on the thread in an attempt to let us know "we've been heard". Don't let this game turn into a troll horde before it even get fully released. Set the precedent now, get rid of the community killers. You guys need to show some action on this.

SwingKid148
07-27-2019, 12:50 PM
What has happened to Paioletti is a shame and has been showing a trend that is growing within the War of Rights community, trolling and just flat out being dicks.

I know the devs don't want to police the community, but this is crazy.

Please don't just respond on the thread in an attempt to let us know "we've been heard". Don't let this game turn into a troll horde before it even get fully released. Set the precedent now, get rid of the community killers. You guys need to show some action on this.

Without more mods within the game, this community will only shrink. Yes, you guys have the funds for years but without a player base, what is the purpose?

#WeSupportPAIOLETTI

[5thFL(B)] Cpt. Carroll
07-27-2019, 03:17 PM
This might be the most interesting thread in the entire forum.

Tyler28256
07-27-2019, 03:19 PM
I won’t go into a long rant since Deckhart and Emerson already posted. The 9th stands with Paioletti after this terrible tragedy. I believe the devs should clean out the company tool at some point to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

Shiloh
07-27-2019, 03:24 PM
I have been around this game almost since its inception and have always known Paiolleti to be a valued member of the community and perhaps the first to form a company before most knew what company tool was.

His name has been slandered and company tool has once again been misused and abused. For those of you who know me well you only need look back at my posts over the past year to know I have been VERY vocal on this topic. Company Tool is broken and needs to be fixed. People who are abusing it in the most serious ways need to made examples of and perma-banned. My friends' good name needs to be restored and he's not looking to duel someone for satisfaction as our Civil War brothers might have done, he's asking you Hinkle, Trusty, Fancy, etc. to do the right thing and once and for all put the effort where it's so desperately needed.

When you really take a hard look at this community it goes back to a handful of strong individuals as some of the founding fathers of units in this game and Paiolleti is one of them. You can't deny his service to this game as an ambassador, a commander and an advocate.

Going back years he's built one of the finest regiments in this game and done it with pride and the 'right way' and he deserves more than he's getting right now from some punk or punks who are only here to be trolls and to do bad.

Racism, biogotry, slander etc. has zero place in this community and if you refuse to police it in extreme cases such as this you are in a sense saying it's okay and you're welcoming people like that into this community and allowing them to setup shop here.

Show us you have our backs devs and do the right thing.

TrustyJam
07-27-2019, 03:49 PM
Racism, biogotry, slander etc. has zero place in this community and if you refuse to police it in extreme cases such as this you are in a sense saying it's okay and you're welcoming people like that into this community and allowing them to setup shop here.

Show us you have our backs devs and do the right thing.

We do actively delete and ban people faking company numbers and are most certainly not refusing to do so.

The above is going to continously happen (no matter what we do (unlimited VPN's) as there will always be people willing to dedicate hours and hours of their life to make the lives of others hard) as it is tied to emails and not steam keys.

It's not tied to steam keys (also, Early Access customers don't get a steam key, making steam integration even more of a hassle for everyone) because we want the tool to be available for use for everyone - a lot of companies are using/used this feature to get future game owners to sign up on the tool asap (especially in the pre early access testing stages).

- Trusty

William Murray
07-27-2019, 03:51 PM

As a long time veteran of this game and the community, and as someone who has never thought his position as a game tester/player(no matter my position as commander of II Corps or Event Coordinator) has had any more warrant or sway over your decisions as a developer than anyone else who has bought the game i have my very first request. My name has been used in dishonest conduct (Nicholas Paioletti is my real name) and has been slandered against. In the Company Tool the companies G, H, K, I, E, D'quins battery A, Washingtons Battery 1 have been all on the same day taken by a [person/group of ppl] that have used my birth name and have taken control of all of these units. They have posted many homophobic, sexist and racist segments within the Descriptions, along with youtube videos of demeaning or less than Christian value pictures and segments. I am requesting you to exterminate those units that are fake and only purpose is to slander my name, the name of my regiment, and the good name of the community of WoR, which is all together a wholesome one and one that does not embarrass itself. Whoever is responsible for making such accounts should be ashamed but, without you personally doing away with these companies it PERSONALLY is an embarrassment to me and all of my unit and II Corps........again, i have never asked for anything as far as game material, maps ect ect..but this is a personal slight against me and i will need your help. Can the companies G, H, K, I, E, D'quins battery A, Washingtons Battery 1 please be cut down as they have purposely taken my regiments companies using my name, slandering about and making a mockery of us? Please let me know what your judgment is in this course and i pray you here me out and not let my units growth to be hindered or my unit to be made a mockery and embarressed in public as it is now.

****6th LA Companies G, H, K, I, E, D'quins battery A, Washingtons Battery 1**** you can delete their presence offically if you so wish. I will contact you once i have those units mustered in real numbers in game. I Currently have an Echo company (E) they are my skimishers but they only stand at 8 active men so i have not yet taken it in the company tool, before the dogs took it and slandered my unit. Please keep in contact and let me know what you think, and i hope your judgement is a fair one.

.....also unless this person or persons have a VPN i would assume you can track thier IP, it would be and interesting but not essential outcome to know who would do this to us, and i would obviously request there accounts, and real accounts to be deemed counterfeit at the minimum or wholesale exterminated. Please help me trusty, this is morally not right and obviously humiliating to my boys on a personal level.
Thats a shame someone would do such and awful thing! #WeSupportPaioletti

Stone
07-27-2019, 04:15 PM
I know the Devs do not want to "police" but these kind of actions are an abomination. This is not the message we as a community want to send to anyone who hasn't bought the game yet. I can see potential sales being lost from people reading things like that and also I can see it attracting others who will come to this community with the wrong ideas of what this game is all about. Maybe it is time to put some others in charge of cleaning up things like this. Not payed employees but those who will volunteer their time under a directive from the Devs in a signed contract to keep our community free from actions such as this. The right thing to do for the time though would be to take these down from the company tool.

Redleader
07-27-2019, 04:25 PM
We do actively delete and ban people faking company numbers and are most certainly not refusing to do so.

The above is going to continously happen (no matter what we do (unlimited VPN's) as there will always be people willing to dedicate hours and hours of their life to make the lives of others hard) as it is tied to emails and not steam keys.

It's not tied to steam keys (also, Early Access customers don't get a steam key, making steam integration even more of a hassle for everyone) because we want the tool to be available for use for everyone - a lot of companies are using/used this feature to get future game owners to sign up on the tool asap (especially in the pre early access testing stages).

- Trusty

@Trusty

The 'only linked to email' system isn't cutting it I'm afraid :

People can make multiple accounts.
Random persons can just 'reserve all regiments on CT and fill them with 'fake' accounts.

Can we have some sort of account linked to a purchase, so at least players who bought the game can use CT ?

Reply on :
"a lot of companies are using/used this feature to get future game owners to sign up on the tool asap"
--> I'm not sure his is no longer needed (the game is 25€ atm) and saying 'I'll buy it later when more content …' is just excuses.

Maybe CT needs a "hard reset' and get everyone back on board, but without some sort of integration in the game I feel it's sadly doesn't fulfill it's true potential.

Also managing without links to 'steam' or an 'account' makes it hard to keep the list up to date :
- Having a toggle to show 'nicknames' instead of enlisted name would be great (now you have to click every profile)
- When people change their name it's doesn't update :) so hard to tell.
- You can't "promote/assign/set role" in one move, you need to do it separately ..
- Having some 'timestamp' for owners/officers/admins when someone last logged (sure needs to be linked to the 'game')
- ….

-> I know 'deleting' accounts is delicate, maybe put old 'inactive' accounts on hold and if they don't 'reclaim' the account in a certain timeframe then delete it ?

Saris
07-27-2019, 04:32 PM
@Trusty

The 'only linked to email' system isn't cutting it I'm afraid :

People can make multiple accounts.
Random persons can just 'reserve all regiments on CT and fill them with 'fake' accounts.

Can we have some sort of account linked to a purchase, so at least players who bought the game can use CT ?

Reply on :
"a lot of companies are using/used this feature to get future game owners to sign up on the tool asap"
--> I'm not sure his is no longer needed (the game is 25€ atm) and saying 'I'll buy it later when more content …' is just excuses.

I agree, I would have understand reserving the companies back when the game was still $69 US but since the price has dropped a lot down to $30 with many sales, reserving the companies for later doesnt hold any weight. I would recommend removing companies that have been inactive for a long time or completely resetting the company tool before it is integrated into the game.

Redleader
07-27-2019, 05:00 PM
I know the Devs do not want to "police" but these kind of actions are an abomination. This is not the message we as a community want to send to anyone who hasn't bought the game yet. I can see potential sales being lost from people reading things like that and also I can see it attracting others who will come to this community with the wrong ideas of what this game is all about. Maybe it is time to put some others in charge of cleaning up things like this. Not payed employees but those who will volunteer their time under a directive from the Devs in a signed contract to keep our community free from actions such as this. The right thing to do for the time though would be to take these down from the company tool.

We can do our part into :

allowing officers from other regiments admin acces to the 'owned' servers.
using 'officers chat' to discuss blacklisting certain profiles.
keep an eye out :)

Anti
07-27-2019, 06:33 PM

It's really a shame thing like this are happening to this community. What happened to Paioletti must be fixed, and prevented from happening again in the future.

Kyle422
07-27-2019, 06:44 PM
I sent messages out to the appropriate people. I am trying to get this issue taking care of but it is indeed a huge issue.

-Kyle

TrustyJam
07-27-2019, 07:59 PM
Wow. A troll putting so much effort into doing that is strange . . . It's both bizarre and saddening at the same time.

This community does seem to attract malicious trolls who delight in stirring the pot, especially given the game's subject matter.

I think it's more so to do with the heavy organization and ranks, etc. featured in this game as well as the game mechanics that try to nudge people into playing as a team that is seen as a juicy target by the trolls.

Of course, being able to drop a few n-bombs while one is trying to disrupt any sort of organized team play to provocate people is likely tempting to their sort (primarily just immature adults or kids) as well.

- Trusty

dogofspades
07-27-2019, 10:57 PM
Cpt. Carroll;97014']This might be the most interesting thread in the entire forum.

I'm glad this is entertaining to you and seriously cant believe that you thought it was a good idea to make a comment like this when you yourself are just as guilty as the people or persons who messed with Paioletti. I'm sure your "recruits" Samuel Adams, TJ DeLaughter, Jim Bean, Brian Meeker, Chris Soper, Zach Morrison, Jerry Thomas Andrews and William Zatana who miraculously deserted the " 7th Tennessee Company B" 3/9/19(that you created without my knowledge) and joined the "5th Florida B" to " Muster"3/9/19 the same day would agree with me. You owe the entire community an apology, you should be banned from the tool and forum and if I had my way, I would personally refund your $60.00 and tell you to kick rocks.

Leifr
07-27-2019, 11:04 PM
Take it easy folks.

[5thFL(B)] Cpt. Carroll
07-27-2019, 11:58 PM
At what point is it considered abusing company tool? Should everyone be limited to just 1? Or is 2 okay? Kind of like desertion, its okay only if you desert... right? Leave me out of your drama, I left 7thTN for a reason.

Dog Of Spades - https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewSoldier?soldierID=19456#companyToolHeader

Dog Of Spade's - https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewSoldier?soldierID=5544#companyToolHeader

dogofspades
07-28-2019, 12:35 AM
I formed 2 companies the correct way - I didn't cheat the system - thanks for your input:rolleyes:.

Poorlaggedman
07-28-2019, 02:26 AM
Definitely link it to SteamIDs if it can be done. Perhaps make some moderator positions to verify that the SteamIDs are real and flagging the unit members if they aren't even steam accounts. It aught to be possible to find out who was doing it as far as the forum goes with some investigative work on the IP addresses. Also perhaps add a system of verification giving legitimate organizations icons or tags (that would take some groundwork). For example, if the organization has a server then you would submit your server name and it would be verified and there'd be an icon that showed you had a server. You wouldn't just want it to be able to link to your server because anyone could make that claim.

Also I'm interested how the Company Tool will integrate. To me the Company Tool seems like it was more as a way of hyping the future gameplay. I know there's some promised integration I'm just wandering what and wish there was more transparency in the planning.

Oleander
07-28-2019, 03:41 AM
SteamID isn't good enough. Steam accounts only need a valid email to be created which means that will be no better than the current system. The only way to curb the system is to have integration in the game, meaning you cannot use the tool unless you have a valid copy. I thought at one point the CT integration was going to be used so certain units would be able to play their counterpart in game during historic mode.

As I said before, I see no use for the CT at this point. Even from an organizing standpoint, a spreadsheet is BY FAR easier to work with. The only advantage the CT has over that is the ability to send a mass email to all enlisted. On the artillery page alone, there are at least 2 dozen batteries with insufficient numbers to muster.

Redleader
07-28-2019, 03:42 AM
Also I'm interested how the Company Tool will integrate. To me the Company Tool seems like it was more as a way of hyping the future gameplay. I know there's some promised integration I'm just wandering what and wish there was more transparency in the planning.

Probably the devs don't see CT as a priority for now, since everyone is stoked for 'arty' and 'stable 200 men servers' … ???
And just starting up something just might take longer then expected, so the question is -< is this a very high priority for the community to redesign CT or could some more simple 'actions' resolve some issues ?

dogofspades
07-28-2019, 04:46 AM
Thank you so much brother for bringing this to my attention! i owe you one! Much respect to the supreme commander of Tennessee, Spades!

Brother, it's my pleasure to do so - thank's for having my back for the last 3 year's we appreciate it!

Leifr
07-28-2019, 11:08 AM
Thread cleaned up.

Keep it on topic and keep it constructive.

Kyle422
07-28-2019, 02:48 PM
Like Leifr said keep it on topic or infractions will be given.

Kyle

Msgte
07-28-2019, 08:26 PM
I ran into this thread while searching for info on name changing in game.

I'm a Pub player since Steam release and one of the reasons I have yet to join a company is exactly this...there seems to be an undercurrent of drama, backbiting and swollen wounded egos that surround the "clans" in this game. Add that to the experience I've had with the company tool and it's not been a great "hey kids let's join a company" thing.

The subject matter of the game, the quasi-military structure and personality types that seek leadership and seek to undermine it are recipe for this sort of stuff, and the company tool provides the right environment to make it boil.

I'm sceptical enough of the baggage that can come with commitment to a company that I wanted to see what info and such the company tool asked for without signing up for a company and apparently that makes me a reb for life unless I want to desert or set up a sock puppet account, and now I come to find out that either of those actions might get me called out as a scammer? Great. Oh, and if I just buy the game, pick a company at random it may either be a sock puppet group or one created solely to engage in some sort of juvenile pissing match between some true believer and a malcontent? Even better.

Add that to the trash talking about companies you overhear on public servers, the sparring over recruiting, and the ever annoying experience of dropping in a game, hearing somebody hollering "Ninth Oregon, over here" and you hit "T" just to be sure and yup, the choices are either Maryland or New York so you make a mental note that the command structure of the game is being supplanted by a clan thing, and I'm in no rush to sign up at this point.

The company tool should be overhauled, put in mothballs or given to the community, but imho it's an anchor at this point.

calmmyst
07-28-2019, 08:36 PM
5th Fl company B, my perspective of WOR, people buy the game, then they join a company, not liking the company, or leadership, decide to move on to join another company, either due to lack of player participation or to long of absence of the leadership, either or result in a coward desertion in personal file, not to mention they get upset when they realize Its all about Team Play, and cant go rambo off as if it were MOA. The Roster page of enlistment will reflect this, showing a total count of how many are in that company, but only see after a brief time, actual players playing, as those in the company question where is so an so, not to be seen, nor heard from again, but remains on the roster. As to not loose the status quo of ownership of that particular company.

A lot of the palyers have become update players, see an update, play the game and quit playing, until the next update, there is not a company on the WOR roster page not hit with this attrition, not to mention the tighter the reigns WOR pulls back on players, making all conform to the ideology of what WOR wants. This alone is what makes a lot of people walk away from WOR, to become just update players, all of which is SAD, just sad. When i was in the 7th TN, the roster reflected 30 plus on the roster, but it was always the same 6 or 7 at best that would show up, now part of the 5th, though our numbers do not reflect past the same 6 or 7 who show up, on a regular basis, to see the numbers rise to 12 or more on update time, then its back to the same few.

which leads me to this, No one cheats about the numbers on a company number, they eventually show up, so either do away with all companies and form them into all CSA, or USA, or have it that only companies that can muster the field with 25 weekly or loose the company and just become all CSA or USA, which means 25 all at once, not straggle in piecemeal 2 this day, 6 the next etc...though this action could force those who do not like each other to form into one company to keep the status quo of keeping said company, or have WOR release the ease of the reigns, so people will come back to WOR on a regular basis, either which will not happen, and thus the continuous crying will still continue.

Ive asked WOR that a way to keep people from typing that vile word NIGGER, never be allowed to be written in open chat while in game, but that fell on deaf ears too. I have black family members in my family and think it should be abolished, even though in the real world that vile word is used more within american africans towards one another, but in our family, if ever uttered, someone is getting punished for it.

People get so Butt Hurt here over a game as if it were real life, when one has actually placed the BUTT of M-16 into the skull of another human being, then you have something to cry over, I still see that lasting image that haunts my dreams nightly, as i wake up crying screaming STOP, to see my tears running down my face, crying over something, that wasnt a GAME !

Who is one to blame, when the servers cant be filled, or keep player participation high, The company leaders? The company as a whole?, or WOR for tighter and tighter pulling back of the reigns, to make all players conform to 1 style of game play? I stated long ago, let rambos be, they are either stupid, brave, ran out of ammo, or just had enough game play, that the end result would be the start of what many wont like. well just look at participation, cant blame time, as this game has been in development for 5 + years, just to see from my own eyes, and hear with my own ears how things use to be, and cant be done anymore. I wont wear that officers class uniform to see me ever get deserted, i keep my rank in my name, thats good enough for me. this was the result of RAMBOS, deserters. its not like anyone can find a way to rearm, or carry enough rounds for any pistol, whats the point of being an officer class uniform, whats the point of carrying the flag if one cant lower it, as to not say loudly without words OVER HERE BOYS, LOL whats the point of drill, no one practices what they learned on the field of battle, just becomes a simbulance of chaotic free for all standing in a line, just to get yelled at for taking a knee, to reload, to stand to fire, and repeat till next respawn.

What I see, The people butt hurt in this game will continue to cry, WOR will pull back even tighter the reigns, and more people will become update players, leaving the die hard players left to play. me I dont care anymore, its a game, like it, or dont, play or dont play, if ones thoughts are not in the same wavelength of what WOR wants, its over looked deleted, or simply dismissed as oh well. heres a thought, how about opening up all the maps to both sides, so they can go anywhere on the map, forcing contingents to cover the rear in a well placed entrenchment for spawn, to loose that is an automatic loss or for immediate win of a game. now people will have to be forced to strategize the game. that I know none of this will ever happen.

calmmyst
07-28-2019, 08:37 PM
https://youtu.be/0Q5Liyc96eM

calmmyst
07-28-2019, 08:49 PM
Enjoy the above song compliments of 5th FL company B, courtesy of CSA Rep Joehova, his voice and help of 5th FL company B Carroll, both with lyrics and what i always say, WERE GOING INTO THE SHADOW OF VALLEY OF DEATH.

Billy-Jim-Bob-Jr
07-28-2019, 10:11 PM
This community supports the real Paioletti it would not be the same without him. Do the right thing please DEVs.

#WeSupportPAIOLETTI

Redleader
07-28-2019, 10:29 PM
This community supports the real Paioletti it would not be the same without him. Do the right thing please DEVs.

#WeSupportPAIOLETTI

The devs aren't always vocal but they intervene when things are serious, the only difference they won't act on hearsay or intervene in intercompany relations (unless it really screws up the game) -> but that's my personal observation :)

However the whole situation on some people finding a way to slander regiments is more 'organized' then just some random 'trolling' … we had people wearing tags from '1st CAV, 1st GA, 6th AL, …). -> keep an eye out for all that stuff I guess.

Billy-Jim-Bob-Jr
07-28-2019, 10:45 PM
Awesome, thats good to hear. Thanks DEVs. Ill STFU now.

TrustyJam
07-29-2019, 03:46 PM
Very sorry to hear about this, Paioletti. Totally unacceptable and action needs to be taken to resolve this immediately.

Just to clarify,

The issue was resolved the same day Paioletti posted on this thread. :)

- Trusty

Dutchconfederate
07-29-2019, 06:05 PM
Well devs please check out this
https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewCompany?companyID=5012#companyToolHeader

SilverStaples
07-29-2019, 09:51 PM
Just to clarify,

The issue was resolved the same day Paioletti posted on this thread. :)

- Trusty

Good on the devs, Glad to see this issue was taken care of.

I look forward to eating my words more often!

COL. Patrick R Cleburne
07-30-2019, 12:24 PM
sorry of my lack of timely response sorry sir and thank you for a response as well sir.... to be honest sir i have thought about it yes... and to your comment about to me being wrong in the regards as over leadership maybe this will be more direct in that regard....

Does anyone know who our Commanding officer is or do we just not have one or is it not commonly know info that's what i was talking about sir... I dont know of anyone out there that Leads all the union forces or all the CSA forces or even just a dozen of the Reg do you sir? i really do not know is there a supreme commander of both union and CSA ???? i don't know who they are if there is do you sir ??? i think there comes a point at which it should be wrong to do so yes... but i also believe some simple did it to stay alive and keep up when other where not being held accountable then....

also at what point do you go up in rank or is there like an invisible wall you stop here anything high are only for the people (E9) and if so how does anyone know if they would be under this persons command there are some things i personally like to see in my officers and NCOs like any good soldier ill respect the rank and do as ordered that does not mean i will put my self under that officers direct command mind you.

if i recall you needed to past test and go in front of an official review board to be promoted or am i wrong in that too?

dogofspades
07-30-2019, 05:58 PM
**Removed post**

PAIOLETTI
07-30-2019, 06:35 PM
@all I would like to thank the Dev team for getting this situation under control as regards to the 6th Louisiana Infantry stolen companies. I really appreciate it, and all this was done within 24 hours of my request. I would also like to thank the community for supporting me in this situation, especially my friends in the 9th NY, 1st Cav & 14th TN. All 7 accounts that created 71 alt-accounts have been banned so we wont have to worry about seeing them around any more, it actually suprises me they didn't use VPN. One last very special thanks to the monkeys that used my name in filling those companies as you have now officially given me Manifest Destiny over the 6th LA, as i will be in touch with the dev team before opening up a new company so they can confirm its authenticity. It seems the haters time and time again just play right into my hands and into the hands of II Corps. Thanks yall, couldn't have done this without you :D

LaBelle
07-30-2019, 07:51 PM
@all I would like to thank the Dev team for getting this situation under control as regards to the 6th Louisiana Infantry stolen companies. I really appreciate it, and all this was done within 24 hours of my request. I would also like to thank the community for supporting me in this situation, especially my friends in the 9th NY, 1st Cav & 14th TN. All 7 accounts that created 71 alt-accounts have been banned so we wont have to worry about seeing them around any more, it actually suprises me they didn't use VPN. One last very special thanks to the monkeys that used my name in filling those companies as you have now officially given me Manifest Destiny over the 6th LA, as i will be in touch with the dev team before opening up a new company so they can confirm its authenticity. It seems the haters time and time again just play right into my hands and into the hands of II Corps. Thanks yall, couldn't have done this without you :D

If such is true, will the same privilege be afforded to other units? I know of several 1st Texas companies that are either completely inactive or being "held" on purpose to deny the 1st Texas certain companies.

TrustyJam
07-30-2019, 07:56 PM
If such is true, will the same privilege be afforded to other units? I know of several 1st Texas companies that are either completely inactive or being "held" on purpose to deny the 1st Texas certain companies.

No, I don't quite follow Paioletti's last sentence either.

If any company is rightfully formed and claimed (6th LA companies that aren't part of II corps included) then that company is reserved. There's no reserving of companies for any individuals no matter how many formed companies they already own. :)

- Trusty

LaBelle
07-30-2019, 07:57 PM
No, I don't quite follow Paioletti's last sentence either.

If any company is rightfully formed and claimed (6th LA companies that aren't part of II corps included) then that company is reserved. There's no reserving of companies for any individuals no matter how many formed companies they already own. :)

- Trusty

Understood, just wanted to make sure.

PAIOLETTI
07-30-2019, 09:27 PM
Fair enough, Apparently i misunderstood. However in my instance or the instance of a dedicated group like 1st TX wouldnt it be counter intuitive to allow anyone to pick up a company within the Regiment? That could only lead to problems if the company obtaining the unit would be less than civil. Also there are several companies out there that have been inactive for a long amount of time...for instance 11th MS A Univerisity greys, and i know a few people that would love to represent that unit. For how long do units need to remain inactive untill they are disbanded?

TrustyJam
07-30-2019, 09:58 PM
Fair enough, Apparently i misunderstood. However in my instance or the instance of a dedicated group like 1st TX wouldnt it be counter intuitive to allow anyone to pick up a company within the Regiment? That could only lead to problems if the company obtaining the unit would be less than civil. Also there are several companies out there that have been inactive for a long amount of time...for instance 11th MS A Univerisity greys, and i know a few people that would love to represent that unit. For how long do units need to remain inactive untill they are disbanded?

No, the company tool is just that, a tool for company creation. We quite on purpose went with that instead of a regimental tool as we wanted to allow several groups/companies/clans to play as say, the 6th LA or the 20th Maine, etc.

It was never intended to be a way for one organisation to claim an entire regiment (although we of course allow that to happen if the companies within are claimed fairly).

We have no automatic deletion of inactive companies currently. We will announce if/when we ever do so people have time to log in and make their company active again well in advance before any sort of company deletion happens. :)

- Trusty

PAIOLETTI
07-31-2019, 12:59 AM
Understood, Thank you for clarifying & thanks for the help with Company Tool Trusty and the CG team.

Shiloh
07-31-2019, 05:05 PM
We have no automatic deletion of inactive companies currently. We will announce if/when we ever do so people have time to log in and make their company active again well in advance before any sort of company deletion happens. :)

- Trusty

I hope this happens sooner rather than later. A lot of the good regiments/companies have been taken and are being held by people who haven't logged in for a year or more and will never do anything with it. I've been wanting to start Co. E of the 2nd so we can have the two Vermont companies that were part of the 2nd and that won't happen the way things are currently. Shame.

All it would really take is sending an email out and having people respond to you within 30 days. If they don't get back to you their company gets deleted.

MacMerritt
08-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Looks like yall didnt catch the culprits. 6th LA E, H, and I are being filled up again with dummy accounts. All made on the same day, by people too dumb or too lazy to change their name. Multiple Peiceofschmidt, Paioletti, and others.

I also thought we werent allowed to make multiple forum accounts in order to reserve multiple companies but isnt the real Paioletti doing just that since he dosent have the confidence in his staff for them to remain loyal or run a company under his command? I See A, B, C, D, and F all led by the same name, different accounts, with identical Enlistment papers? Wouldnt that constitute removal of said offending accounts and a possible ban for the offender(s)?

Just strange that we want to enforce the rules but turn a blind eye to certain members holding multiple accounts if that is in fact considered against the rules of the forums/company tool usage.

Leifr
08-01-2019, 04:05 PM
Looks like yall didnt catch the culprits. 6th LA E, H, and I are being filled up again with dummy accounts. All made on the same day, by people too dumb or too lazy to change their name. Multiple Peiceofschmidt, Paioletti, and others.

I also thought we werent allowed to make multiple forum accounts in order to reserve multiple companies but isnt the real Paioletti doing just that since he dosent have the confidence in his staff for them to remain loyal or run a company under his command? I See A, B, C, D, and F all led by the same name, different accounts, with identical Enlistment papers? Wouldnt that constitute removal of said offending accounts and a possible ban for the offender(s)?

Just strange that we want to enforce the rules but turn a blind eye to certain members holding multiple accounts if that is in fact considered against the rules of the forums/company tool usage.

There is no connection between the Company Tool and the official forum here. Paioletti does not have any other forum account, in fact he doesn't even have a longstanding thread on this forum for his own company[ies].

MacMerritt
08-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Well then shouldnt there be a rule that you cant have more than one(1) account for the Company Tool to prevent people from spamming accounts and seizing all of the companies?

Southern
08-01-2019, 05:24 PM
Well then shouldnt there be a rule that you cant have more than one(1) account for the Company Tool to prevent people from spamming accounts and seizing all of the companies?

There should, because yes now 1 person holds multiple companies due to wanting all the power to call themselves General. If we believe the tool II corps should have a few full servers. Reality is 30 guys from different companies with Lt's and Ncos not doing much because they all merge in one group following the one leader.

Redleader
08-01-2019, 05:24 PM

It has been proposed to link 'CT' to an sort of account "in-game" (for example 'World of tanks')
You could again make multiple accounts I guess, but at least you would have to buy the game :)

Why would you muster multiple regiments ?

'CT' maximum is 100 enlisted players.
'CT' is difficult to maintain (cleaning, you have to click profile to see 'nicknames' who even might be outdated)
'Reserving' them in case you grow, for some reason people like letters to follow (A, B, C looks better then B, F, K ?)

They way it is now, an 'alt'/'fake' account could technically muster a 'regiment' and fill it with 'alt'/'fake' profiles, effectively seizing that company in 'CT'.

'Company tool isn't linked to the game' : issues

So for the most part it's just some form of recordkeeping, but these days it's very confusing and it seems there is some form of … abuse.

I could be "playing" as the famous '15th Alabama' and be enlisted in 'CT' as '5th VA' .. problems would arise if there would be double companies playing (is it who owns 'CT' that is entitled to it ? Even if they have been inactive ?)

We have seen lately that people wear 'regimental' tags, posing as a member for the sole purpose to stir shit up or provoking others.
If 'CT' would be linked ingame (like the clansystem in World of Tanks') there would be less confusing (in WoT it costs 'credits' to start a clan so people are less intended just to claim one).

MacMerritt
08-01-2019, 05:54 PM
Yes i would love to see the CT integrated with your game key. That way you are financially supporting the game in order to claim more slots in CT. I would love to see the tag system revamped so that you cant have Regimental or Company tags without being part of a recognized and mustered Company. All stands that the current system needs to be shut down, purged, and revamped. Sadly the Devs dont have the time, personnel, or interest in doing this to fix the issues on the CT.

Just sad to see someone crying foul one day about their name being besmirched, which it was and I sympathize, but for them to then turn around and encourage his unit to spam accounts in order to prevent others from claiming companies that they potentially fill sometime in the future is hypocritical and somewhat childish.

Leifr
08-01-2019, 09:06 PM
Company Tool desperately needs linking to a key. It doesn't even do anything and it's causing trouble.

TrustyJam
08-02-2019, 12:15 PM
I will look this thread down for purging by the admins as the subject was that of a fake companies on the company tool, not the issues between real companies.

- Trusty

Kyle422
08-03-2019, 04:28 AM
Thread purged reopened for on topic only chat!

- Kyle

Warboy
08-03-2019, 10:39 PM
Hello fellas been a while for me here on the forums. I've been reading this thread and these are my findings and of course only my opinion:
1. At this point CT holds no meaning, no reason to hassle and argue to get it fixed until something is done in the future when they are actually managing it on their site.
2. I do agree that when duplicate accounts are done abusively and maliciously like that then the culprits have to be dealt with, but to me it's just as serious(even more so) to put a groups tags on and imitate that your a member of a group in game and slander them by doing horrible actions (team killing,trolling etc) that hurts the good name of a regiment more then anything else. The devs do have our backs when it comes to that and have slowly but surely released what they said they would and have listened to our's and the public's feedback.
3. Because nothing will be 100 percent fixed with those duplicate accounts on CT and that the culprits 'ones not even in organized groups' have been dealt with now, I see no reason for us to keep arguing over this as the devs did respond and it's creating rifts between companies i'm noticing. We have our private servers now so can't we all just get along and have some nice events like the good ol' alpha days. NO one regiment is better then the other or deserves 'special attention', same with people and that's the way It should be, fair to all.

- Warboy

Redleader
08-03-2019, 11:51 PM
Hello fellas been a while for me here on the forums. I've been reading this thread and these are my findings and of course only my opinion:
1. At this point CT holds no meaning, no reason to hassle and argue to get it fixed until something is done in the future when they are actually managing it on their site.
2. I do agree that when duplicate accounts are done abusively and maliciously like that then the culprits have to be dealt with, but to me it's just as serious(even more so) to put a groups tags on and imitate that your a member of a group in game and slander them by doing horrible actions (team killing,trolling etc) that hurts the good name of a regiment more then anything else. The devs do have our backs when it comes to that and have slowly but surely released what they said they would and have listened to our's and the public's feedback.
3. Because nothing will be 100 percent fixed with those duplicate accounts on CT and that the culprits 'ones not even in organized groups' have been dealt with now, I see no reason for us to keep arguing over this as the devs did respond and it's creating rifts between companies i'm noticing. We have our private servers now so can't we all just get along and have some nice events like the good ol' alpha days. NO one regiment is better then the other or deserves 'special attention', same with people and that's the way It should be, fair to all.

- Warboy

Well spoken ! --> I have to agree with Warboy we have to prevent "a/another" rift in the community which only leads to polarization & which reflects to the entire community and causing all sorts of 'drama'.

It only get's people more aggravated and you know -> action -> reaction --> rinse & repeat ….

In first place let's try and get along, if that fails the community is 'big' enough to have multiple parties do their thing without bothering each other.

I try to get along with everyone, and usually it's working well … except for that 'Warboy' character, he drags me in those long campaigns into some desolate jungle in Vietnam (Arma Unsung mod).

Southern
08-04-2019, 06:30 AM
1 player should only be able to own 1 company simple as that

Redleader
08-04-2019, 11:10 AM
1 player should only be able to own 1 company simple as that

A few problems on implementing this in the current state :

You can 'reserve' a company and not even play (futureproofing ?)
There is no system in place to take 'over' ownership unless it's given to you. (no voting, shared ownership ....)
Accounts can be used to fill a company (who may not even have the game, or 'alt/fake' accounts)
Anyone can put a friend/trustee as a middleman as the front of a company.
Some people 'forget' to 'disband/transfer' their company leaving it frozen in time or unmanagable.
Bigger 'regiments/orgs' run into full 'CT companies' (100 men) -> as usual the question is when and how do you cleanup ?
Smaller 'regiments' might muster a '11 men' regiments (I have no issue with that), but in the future all 'regiments' might be take up or some people might not find an 'open' regiment to their liking. (heritage, historical interest, cool name ...)
Nobody wants to get 'confusement or/and getting a bad name', say 15thAL (Z) are great guys but 15thAL (Y) are trolls on speed ... it might wear down company (Z). (I know some user 'org' tags to, which can clarify some affiliation)
Bigger 'orgs' might be looking for a 'brigade/division/corps …' with an more expanded structure which can't be accomplished in the current 'CT' state. (these can be loose affiliations or centralized leadership)

Multiple 'stuff' poses an 'issue' in the current build, we can only give 'ideas/suggestions' or 'pinpoint problems' and hope the devs find the usefull.

Poorlaggedman
08-04-2019, 04:56 PM
Someone mentioned how people can impersonate company members. I think that might be an important benefit of linking the company tool to the game in verifying people's status in a given company perhaps through their status showing as verified showing in-game as part of that organization with their official tag existing at the start or beginning of the name which can also include the company letter if desired, or any other tag style. So their name would have some relatively non-intrusive color or boldness or any other indicator that means they're actually what they say they are. Perhaps even you could click on people's names in the 'score' screen and go to the CT in-game.

Though with a game like this if it came at any real loss of performance to the server as it now has to connect to the CT and verify such things then it might not be worth it. I'm assuming it won't though and that it would function in similar fashion as an externally-hosted banlist being referenced for relatively simple reasons.

Southern
08-05-2019, 06:45 AM
A few problems on implementing this in the current state :

You can 'reserve' a company and not even play (futureproofing ?)
There is no system in place to take 'over' ownership unless it's given to you. (no voting, shared ownership ....)
Accounts can be used to fill a company (who may not even have the game, or 'alt/fake' accounts)
Anyone can put a friend/trustee as a middleman as the front of a company.
Some people 'forget' to 'disband/transfer' their company leaving it frozen in time or unmanagable.
Bigger 'regiments/orgs' run into full 'CT companies' (100 men) -> as usual the question is when and how do you cleanup ?
Smaller 'regiments' might muster a '11 men' regiments (I have no issue with that), but in the future all 'regiments' might be take up or some people might not find an 'open' regiment to their liking. (heritage, historical interest, cool name ...)
Nobody wants to get 'confusement or/and getting a bad name', say 15thAL (Z) are great guys but 15thAL (Y) are trolls on speed ... it might wear down company (Z). (I know some user 'org' tags to, which can clarify some affiliation)
Bigger 'orgs' might be looking for a 'brigade/division/corps …' with an more expanded structure which can't be accomplished in the current 'CT' state. (these can be loose affiliations or centralized leadership)

Multiple 'stuff' poses an 'issue' in the current build, we can only give 'ideas/suggestions' or 'pinpoint problems' and hope the devs find the usefull.

Different story line. My comment was aimed that you me or anyone else should NOT be able to be owner of more then one company period.
All the other stuff about does the company have actual members are they actual playing etc. That is something to take care of with curtain mechanics same as for the my statement. If you use a friend to own the company for you then fin let him be the owner then. Just you can not have five times Redleader listed as owner of multiple companies.

MacMerritt
08-05-2019, 02:00 PM
I agree this is just getting silly now. Look at the company tool in just the last few days, it looks as if every single cavalry troop, artillery battery, and infantry company has been claimed and being mustered by a single player that has signed up in the last week or two. Certain individuals have claimed multiple companies and batteries and this is now encouraging others such as a Nigel Walsh to attempt to muster multiple South Carolina companies in two different regiments at the same time. Additionally there are five 3rd Arkansas Company Ds being mustered, dont know how that could occur with the tool being set up in the fashion that it is.

Regardless the tool needs to be locked, rules and regulations need to be implemented, then the tool revamped and fixed while implementing game integration thus removing duplicate/spam/scam accounts and then the Company Tool being reset and used as it was intended.

calmmyst
08-08-2019, 12:51 AM
Sorry why should people shell out more cash, to worry about who is or isnt in a company, when we have yet to get what all have paid for supporting WOR, based upon how much each person gave. I for one do not think its right to shell out more money, on a game program to form a company and have it listed. if it comes to that, I will just come up with my own company TAG and not worry about it. Im not giving anymore money on a game that I have no input in, if it differs from the developers, That they asked us to support them. Now that they got what they wanted from us supporting them, money to further game development, just to be told its going to be their way, all the way, and TIGHTEN the grip how the game is to be played. if one speaks out to loudly, faces being banned. I have seen so many good suggestions get washed over, never implemented, because it not what the developers want. In the end it was always gonna be what the developers wanted, and want. I just wish I knew this before I supported the game the way I did, when I was so enthusiastically overwhelmed how things were progressing, to my dismay and sadness, not like I can get a refund. As I also stopped telling others to buy this game. Now when I play and hear the gripping and complaining, i just say, welcome to the reality of WOR. As I dont promote WOR, I dont tell people not to buy it. I just say be thankful you didnt give as much as I did. that makes em feel better. Like most now, Im just an UPDATE PLAYER, and leave the playing to reenactors, and die hard players, and everyone is happy. WOR needs to concentrate on what we already paid for, then worry about people and the company tags they wear.

calmmyst
08-08-2019, 09:08 AM
rourke pay all you want, I dont care to shell out 1 red cent more, for being worried about having a company linked to the game. I think Ive paid enough, 850.00 dollars in a game, that has a focus of its WOR way. and tighten the game forcing all to conform to one style. I cant wait to see the outrage when true effective range per weapons gets introduced and the CSA fields mainly the 1841 and 1842, no one will want to be on the southern side. and as it is 13 carbines means 13 horses. what effect will they truly have none, LOL to see the same aspect with field artillery, so lets get realistic on that matter, the southern side had bad Fuses,from the one manufacture, which made for a lot inaccurate firing. WOR wants to be so realistic after all, and even in the interview they gave, about WOR. stated they were for the northern side in this game, thus why the north get so much of advantage over the south in this game. its not about having equal teams. the north will have better guns over the south, but lets face that fact, the north did overall, the north fought with 1 arm tied behind its back, but the south had heart, the north didnt have, or why else did the real civil war last so long, better leadership and tactics. this game give none of that aspect. so im an update player, oh well, its a game my heart no longer is in for fun. so you pay to worry about having a company and its name tag, i will use the company im in till im forced to pay 1 cent more, then it will be just my name. why should a bullet go into one wall, then go through the house, after passing through 3 more walls and still have the same effect as if there was no walls at all and kill your character? armored piercing rounds wernt invented yet. one wall yes, even then the round would start changing velocity and direction. why should i play a game for the amusement of the other team. I havent played since the last update, and will play on the next update. when i get the scoped rifle, I may play more often, in the back field, at my amusement, unless WOR plans to penalize the CSA for that move too. I am not mad, not upset, its just a game that has fallen out of favor. I see a lot of guys now days, from WOR on an entirely new game, that recently came out. were teams have been balanced to fair play. not my fault. and company tags are not an issue.

dogofspades
08-16-2019, 10:43 PM
By asking a person to pay a small monetary token to claim a company, you are asking for them to demonstrate their desire and commitment for that particular company. $5 USD (roughly £4 pounds sterling?) is the cost equivalent of one or two liters of Coca-Cola, but, shucks, make it $1.00. The point is the $1.00 would be just one extra step to deter people — even after their Steam IDs are linked to the Company Tool — from insouciantly claiming companies without care or consequence. (It would also deter 13-year-olds and younger folks from claiming companies.)

No one has asked the developers to cease work on more important features such as Artillery or Cavalry or Donator Rewards in order to focus on fixing the Company Tool. We are merely brain-storming ideas to eventually improve this one aspect of the game. Most of the community is in agreement that the Company Tool is dysfunctional and should be revamped in the future. Based on the ideas expressed in this thread thus far:

1. All Company Tool profiles should be linked to Steam IDs and require verification of some sort.
2. Companies should auto-disband via an inactivity timer if their Leader hasn't logged-in after a set period of time or, alternatively, ownership of the company should fall to the next highest-ranking person within the company or, alternatively, add a recovery method for whoever the leader has specified as their successor (as rbsmith7 suggested).
3. Add an easier method for Company Leaders to mass-discharge inactive members from their company (as Redleader suggested).
4. Eventually link the Company Tool to the game to verify people's in-game status in a given company (as Poorlaggedman suggested).

Et cetera...

Totally agree with everything above - I started this thread to not only expose the problem, but to generate ideas within the community that could possibly be implemented in the future to help correct it. I appreciate everyone one who has chimed in ON TOPIC as asked by the Devs & Mods. I can say that since this post was started , I have sadly seen the issue double on itself as more and more companies have been mustered using these alt accounts. But I will also point out that bashing the developers and blaming them on this or any other post will obviously have no effect on the outcome. On the other hand, the devs have reached out to the WOR community in many cases for help and ideas, some of which were minor alterations but have been implemented since. War of Rights is and has always been an investment of sorts, a chance to help create and test a game we could all get behind, because of personal interest or love of history. Point is, no matter how much money one has invested in Crowdfunding, Steam Key give-away's, supporting a private server or reporting in game bugs etc- it was done of your own free will and should not be leveraged against the developers, your expectations or any personal time frame.

“With more than 6 years in development (and having had crowdfunding backers help us test the game and develop its mechanics in the some 120 alpha updates released over the past two years) we have chosen a methodical update release schedule. We are dedicated to bringing as many details and features into this game as possible as long as we have the support to do so. There is no end goal for us and thus no set target for how long we plan for the game to be in Early Access."

Polock
03-09-2021, 02:45 AM
Who do I post information to about alt dumping in companies , a hour after the devs just cleared them the night before by the same individuals ?

Bl1zzt3r
11-05-2021, 07:38 AM
Months later and its still a shitshow.

TawGrey
11-14-2021, 10:53 AM
Very easy to see - there is a 2nd something in the compay tool which has every company of that regiment fullly mustered in a single day, and the "naming convention" of the ten names in each of those companies are obviously made up fakes.

And, because I had heard of when someone was mustering something then another person would similarly muster that company with fake names, then I was completely silent about my own company being Poague's Battery so that someone would not do the same thing to me: apparantly it is sometimes done because someone just likes to troll that way.

Jack Stone
01-11-2022, 07:34 AM
There are some comments from the developers about the future of the Company Tool in the link down below.
I think it is important for each company to keep it in an up-to-date state because of the future plans of the developers.
Only my suggestion and it doesnt solve the cheating problem, but well see in the future how the next CT gen works ^^

https://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?6443-Do-something-with-the-Company-Tool&p=100288&viewfull=1#post100288